• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ I wish I could just "snip" someones entire arguement when they are making good points.

anyway it seems like were getting to a point in the season where we need to create a "best nba players" thread throw some players names in there and drag the debate to its new home.

but here are my last 2 cents for the best player in this thread

Best player/ best of era's
the most common arguements in support for coming up with these players is this:
1. Winning, specifically winning rings
2. phenominal offensive stats or accomplishments
3. Clutchness/ killer instinct
4. productivity himself and increasing the productivity of his team mates.

Now if you were to pick #1. Bill Russel is the greatest player of all time. if you were pick #2. Wilt chamberlin or Kobe Bryant or guys like elgin baylor are the greatest players of all time. If one goes with #3 than maybe MJ, Kobe, or someone like Jerry West or even Ray Allen is the greatest of all time. Finally if you were going to pick #4's logic that would make Magic Johnson, or John stockton or hell even charles Barkely or Karl Malone or reggie miller the greatest of all time.

Its safe to say that the overpowering majority of fans, players and nba experts would agree that Bill russell is not the greatest player of all time. the same is true of Wilt or john stockton.

so then no doubt it can not just be one or the other but a mix of all of them.
now lets just stick to arguing the best player of the recent era of the nba.

Kobe bryant is the only active player with 5 rings on his hand. He has also had offensive exhibitions that could be voted as the most prolific the leage has seen not just in the recent era but in all of nba history. He also shows a will to win and killer instinct time in and time out, as he ages it seems his productivity is going down, yet his career true shooting percentage is .55
Kobe is also the most well rounded player in the game who can score in literally any facet or form of offense

Kobe bryant is the best player of the recent era and ranks among the greats of all time. there is no other active player whose even in the discusion for all time greats.

Last edited:
Dude, I am so glad the Magic are back.

I'm glad Hedo is back!

9 games straight, and we play New Orleans on Wednesday!

it doesnt matter what the majority think of anything. all that matters is what u think and why you think it.

i tend not to engage in "debates" with people who are not open-minded and (somewhat) logical, which is why i snipped u and lovelife's posts.

furthermore lovelife, if im wrong why do u care what i think? for the most part thats why i dont care what u and grimble think (for now; u can always improve). sometimes i'll be in the mood when i wanna rape ur argument but sorry, this aint one of em

protip: u can know for sure i dont care what u think if u believe a conversation, or argument, has a winner or loser

Dwyane Wade is the shit. He is the best player on a loaded Heat team by far. I have always held that he was better than LeBron, and I think there would be a lot of metrics that would back that up, as opposed to the usual system that ESPN and the like uses such as total points, rebounds, and assists.

Since Kobe appears to be on the decline, maybe Wade is the new next best player in the NBA?

d-wade is the only person I respect on that team

i tend not to engage in "debates" with people who are not open-minded and (somewhat) logical, which is why i snipped u and lovelife's posts.

Based on what criteria did you come to the conclusion that neither grimble crumble nor I is "open-minded and (somewhat) logical?"

Grimble has been posting very open-mindedly and logically in this thread and in other threads, and so have I.

The way that one demonstrates that someone is NOT posting "open-mindedly and/or logically" is THROUGH DEBATE.

You are free to participate in the debate; you are free to NOT participate in debate.

But what you have been doing (which is in very poor form in my strong opinion [and apparently it's NOT only MY opinion]), is neither:

You have been engaging in debate, and then when someone makes arguments which contradict some of your arguments, you completely ignore or <snip> those arguments, you dismiss them entirely, and then you continue with your (flawed) arguments.

That's not cool, and I'm pretty sure that you know that.

furthermore lovelife, if im wrong why do u care what i think?

I was under the impression that that is precisely what debate is for - for people of differing opinions on a subject to each give their arguments - and then, after all parties take the time to consider the others' points of view, sometimes one person will have proven that his points are more valid than the others - other times, the disagreers will agree to disagree.

But you're not allowing for either.

I made PLENTY of valid points in my most recent post.

Others have agreed with me.

And instead of responding with cogent arguments for why you disagree, you have instead conveniently side-stepped them all by snipping my entire post and then opening your post by insinuating that I'm a woman, complete with an emoticon which would suggest that you think that women don't make sense.

For the record, Kam, I am a man, and even if I weren't, your "women {rolly eyes emoticon}" response to my post was insulting, rude and not the slightest bit on point.

for the most part thats why i dont care what u and grimble think (for now; u can always improve).

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

"u can always improve"

Kam,

You are cordially invited to suck on my thick cock, you pompous piece of shit.

sometimes i'll be in the mood when i wanna rape ur argument but sorry, this aint one of em

If you or your family paid for your education, then YOU are the one who got raped, as you consistently rape the English language in almost every single sentence you post.

for starters the fact that both of you engage in ad hominem attacks and have yet to formulate a logical response to anything i've said since i've started posting in this thread

lmao kam, your the king of Ad hominem

does anyone else see melo going to the nets as the dumbest possible move he could make. unless they could somehow manage to score cp3 too (the case is probably wherever melo goes cp3 goes) still even then the nets are no contenders.

we will see what anthony values with this trade. Winning = wait it out for free angency and go to the knicks settling for less money. Money = sign the 65 mil extension and go to the nets. isnt his hometown brooklyn or something though??

I read an article today talking about where the nets would be if the time comes, theyve spent all this money on a new arena in brooklyn trying to establish this new fan base while uprooting the entire franchise and they have to put brooke lopez on their billboards while melo plays down the road in NY beating the shit out of them. tought times for nets fans

Last edited:
S.I. Player Poll: 69% Expect Lakers to 3-Peat

A Sports Illustrated poll of 157 NBA players resulted in 69 percent of them picking the Lakers to win the 2011 NBA championship.
Also receiving votes were the Celtics (22 percent), Heat (3 percent), Magic (2 percent) and Spurs (1 percent).
The survey was conducted throughout December.

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/01...n-title/46540/

OMG talk about an ass-whopping. and did us CLE fans really need the post-game tweet by LBJ? I'm happy he is finally embracing his role as a villain, but come on... you want to talk about karma? I'm stopping myself from going all Jim Rome on your ass right about now

for a second i was scared cuz i've been smoking an assload of weed recently, so i was like hmmm, maybe i really did call people names :(

but im glad to see i didnt :)

and henry abbott with more rape:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/23883/how-we-talk-about-lebron-james

a cogent espn comment?

"Mr. Abbott, it's actually refreshing to hear an honest opinion nowadays. So much of what we get about LeBron is just cliche from people with agendas (Kobe fans, Celtics fans, Lakers fans, Bulls fans, etc.) that it's just refreshing to get an opinion not tied up in trying to tear LeBron down to raise someone else up."

edit:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/110107marriageandmaturation_lamarodom.html

normally not one for puff pieces but i've always had a soft spot for Odom. i've been a fan since he was a Clipper, and he's probably my 2nd favorite Laker after Gasol. i'm glad to see him find and sustain (hopefully!) happiness after a seemingly troubled beginning of his NBA career (mary jane! my nigga!).

Last edited:
OMG talk about an ass-whopping. and did us CLE fans really need the post-game tweet by LBJ? I'm happy he is finally embracing his role as a villain, but come on... you want to talk about karma? I'm stopping myself from going all Jim Rome on your ass right about now
Lebron makes fun on cleveland losing to an LA team (karma tweet)
the very next day he loses to an LA team...

and sprains his ankle.

Clips > Heat. :D

that was a great game! i'm starting to think wade is better than lebron. griffin needs to be an all-star. kaman also needs to be traded asap =(.

our defense looked so good! deandre jordan and griffin were really amped. if b-diddy stopped taking threes this could be an elite team very soon.

obv they played a near-perfect game but i also think a lot of it has been a health issue. now that jordan is playing better and b-diddy has returned to health to stabalize everything (one of the league-leaders in getting easy buckets for our big guys), the clips could sneak into the playoffs!

and dont look now but griffin shooting 70% on fts this month

^ I always thought that Wade, when 100% healthy, has a case for the best player in the L. He's def in the discussion along with Kobe and LeBronzy, yet people always underrate him.

edit: You're a Clips fan?

Fuck, I missed a good game. I'll probably d/l it tonight.

Dwight 39pts, 18rbs 17-20 FT's... %)

My boy Westbrook with another triple double.
32pts, 10reb, 13ast, 2blks, 1stl, and only 1 TO.
%)%)%)

Status
Not open for further replies.