• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2006 NFL Thread

I think the MNF announcers have shat for the last 5 years. I think they should offer the Sunday Night Football guys some money to announce MNF as well. Or maybe get some college announcers to come in.
The only thing MNF is good for is fantasy football.

but what we're talking about is the difference between the announcer/s and the color man. the color guy is there to fill in the background details and talk about personalities, overarching issues, etc. also, if possible, to inject a little levity. the play by play guy (tirico) is supposed to call the plays as they go, and theisman is supposed to provide analysis. the system works when the different guys aren't sniping at each other in the booth. i think when they work together it comes out fine and you get your analysis as well as the context.

Carolina is no doubt going to win the Superbowl this year ...go panthers...

^ what's funny is that if you would have said that during Week 2 you would have been publicly stoned. that's one of the reasons why I absolutely LOVE pro-football.

the Steelers have another test against the Falcons tomorrow. if Pitt can squeak a win with a decent Roethlisberger performance, I will be a happy fan.

Benefit said:
Vick has always had accuracy problems. He's one of my favorite players, but he's not a great pure quarterback. Without a solid passing game, you can hang 250 rushing yards on teams and still get beat. They need to turn Vick loose and design more set run plays for him and scramble the secondary.

Tiki Barber is ridiculous. Probably the most under-hyped running back there is. He very quietly moved into 17th place on the overall rushing yards list recently and there was no fanfare.

Congratulations Terrell Owens! You caught 3 touchdown passes against a team that would probably lose to Vanderbilt. Good luck trying that on the Giants. (actually there's a good chance he will torch the Giant's secondary).

So much talent came into the League during this year's draft. It's fun to watch the development of Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and Vince Young. Especially Reggie Bush. He has so much foot speed. Once he learns a few things about how to hit holes in the NFL, he is going to be a monster. We don't have an NFL team here, but I'm becoming a Saint's fan. I don't think anyone is going to win in New Orleans this year.

Dude, did you see the punishment Vick took last week. For his sake, the Falcons need to make him an AVERAGE passer. He isn't going to last in the league if he doesn't. I love the guy too, but the fact is he ain't gunna last playing the way that he's the most effective at right now.

I quoted everything else because I agree with it all :) GO REGGIE!

What a game between my Falcons and the Steelers! Best game i've seen yet this year. Vick had his best game this year,maybe ever.I think the fact that Pitt was so good at stopping the run,it forced Vick to pass the ball and make plays.Glad to see Crumpler is catching the ball again.I believe he's the most athletic,sure-handed tight-end playing right now.Lelie and Jenkins made some spectacular catches,but Roddy White continues to be a major disapointment.On the other side,Hines Ward had another amazing game,and Rothlesburger was on his way to another 350 yard game before he got knocked out of the game.Charlie Batch did an outstanding job filling in.Thank God the Vick was able to put a passing game together and the Falcons were able to put points on the board,because they totaly could not stop Pittsburgh from scoring.Lot of weird shit that happened right there at the end of regulation.Could have gone either way really.As glad as I am ti turned out the way it did,I think they need to address the 10 second run-off with a penelty rule in the off season.There seems to be a lot of confusion about that.With Carolina's loss to Cinnci,that should put the Falcons back in second in their division.After they beat the Saints in a few games they'll be where they should be,#1.Lot of good games around the league today.

Haha, Michael Vick made a liar out of me with 4 touchdown passes.

Really a shame to see Oakland stomp on the Cardinals. I was pulling for an 0-16 season.

HEY!

How about the MLB?

Thwe World Series- thats whats hot now!

GO TIGERS!

^
NFL Thread.

You want an MLB thread, start one. ;)

That said, goddamnit, these are tough times for fans of sports in DC.:(

the NFL is hard to predict this year. I've won my fair share of money on pro-football games, but this year I'll be damned if I don't win 1/4 of the games.

My Falcons squeaked by another win. I'm gonna have stomach ulcers if they don't start winning a little more decisively.With NO's loss that puts Atl. and them in tie for first.Atlanta should win their next two games against Detroit and Cleveland but who knows.:\

ok, i take back what i said about the bears easy schedule - did you see the fight sf put up?

:)

alasdair

Atlanta is getting by thanks to former Ohio State receiver Michael Jenkins, thank you very much. ;)

And who would have thought the Browns would beat the Jets and the Steelers would lose to Oakland?!?!

My weekly football pool picks went right down the shitter today. :(

actually, the Cleveland Browns were favored in Las Vegas. the early line had them like +3 or something. strange move, but it did fan out!

Firts of all I have to say I am very surprised to find an NFL thread on bluelight. I had never ventured into second opinion because the title made it seem like a collection of second rate worthless threads.

Now on to my football team. Denver.....

Where to start, I can not believe they did not pull this one off. It was a great game from what I saw of it on the highlights but Manning is impressive as hell...

32/39 345 yards against a defense that had only allowed one touchdown all year. Goddamn.

Hopefully they can beat them in the playoffs.

Gotta get back to watching the sunday nite game.

Sorry Jim, but it does look like the Steelers are cooked for this season. The Raiders had 98 total yards of offense and still won by a touchdown. I can't even type that sentence without laughing. It's easy to say Cower should have kept Big Ben out another week but hindsight is 20/20, the guy's not clairvoyant.

sickpuppy, what the fuck are you worried for? Michael Vick has unleashed two consecutive monster passing games and the Bengals aren't exactly a cupcake. If he keeps this up, it's gonna be lights out for the rest of them fraudulent foes.

I don't think Arizona will fully recover from that Monday night choke job until some time in 2008.

Colts and Broncos, best game of the weekend. But I hope for Peyton Manning's sake that their defensive front seven magically improves, because they will not win in the playoffs if they can't stop the run. It's pretty unfair that the best player in the league is consistently slammed for "not being able to win when it counts." Fuck that noise, he's not the one letting opposing backfields run at will.