Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2-methylamino-1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-1-one

2-methylamino-1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-1-one

2-methylamino 2,5 (dimethoxyphenyl)propiophenone

are they the same thing ?

Yes. Propiophenone and phenylpropan-1-one are the same material. The 1 in " 2-methylamino-1-" merely indicates the major (side chain ) substitute. The propane-1-one says the ketone =O is on the first carbon on the side chain. Propiophenone is from an old naming system. It automatically says the substance is a -1-one

_NXPNKOMQFHNBQNKQNTGNNMPOLTOEHH_

Propiophenone or phenylpropan-1-one

To get the di-methoxy compound, just add the MeAm group and the -O-CH3 ring substitutes as in MGS's piccy Oh... if it was just that easy...:\

compund chemical names

As phase_dancer said, yes they're the same. The top one is named accordiong to the IUPAC rules for naming compounds (and there are a lot of rules!), and the bottom one is derived using the older nomenclature. To prevent any ambiguity, always use the IUPAC name, but sometimes the old name persists regardless (to me, ants will always spray formic acid, and vinegar will always be acetic acid; methanoic and ethanoic acid just sound so wrong in these cases!)

Can't find anymore info on this apart from what's in this thread... I'm sure it had been experimented alot more with since the last post... can anyone who has, post their experiences?

a preliminary experience description

I ate about 50 mg of it about an hour ago in a gel cap, and now I feel really good. My knees are bouncing to the music I'm playing, which sounds great. 50 mg feels equivalent to about 100 mg of MDA. I would be dancing if I were in a club. More awake than methylone or MDMA, a feeling not unlike MDMA plus shards--entactogenic but clear-headed with euphoric stimulation. Will have more to report later. (No flames please.)

update

As it turns out, my experience never really became as intense or as enjoyable as I initially thought it was going to as I never really got past a +1.5. I will try a larger dose next time, but somehow I doubt that that is going to help much.

Verdict: 1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-methylaminopropan-1-one HCl is probably not worth the money.

Don't discount something so soon. 50mg is not 100mg. Who knows? Maybe it will be on par with MDMA in terms of dosage. I was quite curious about this one and methylone too. I guess I lost my chance though.

i had 25mg of it yesterday morning. whilst i didnt feel any stimulation my girlfriend picked that i had taken a drug immediatly - which suprised me as usually i take meth and can hide that from here (sometimes :)). i was chatty and ideas were flowing freely. which is weird for me as usually i am very quiet and reserved. will take the dosage up to 75mg tomorrow as the above post says 50mg is not that good. will report back.

i'd say the only reason i noticed an effect is due to my very quiet nature, and the fact that i wasnt hungary all day. otherwise, i'd be wondering what it was doing to me.

oh, also, i was very happy all day. no negative thoughts.

today i am a bit edgy and i missed my bus, resulting in me screaming profanities all the way back home - wierd for me on all day exept the day after i take a drug. so it is active. now to find the level :)

This stuff seems to be stronger than it appears. I don't plan to do that much (75 mg) of it again any time soon. Let's just say it has a long half life.

joystick, could you give us an estimate of approximate duration? 6-8 hours? 8-12 hours? 12-18 hours? 18-24? Is it a short peak/plateau and looooong decline, or a relatively long peak/plateau like a lot of amphetamines?

85mg of 2-methylamino-1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-1-one was dissolved in water and taken at 8:00pm

t+45mins nothing so far
t+60mins threshold effect - body wave, similar to when MDMA hits me, but not as violent
t+75mins another 20mg taken
t+90mins more threshold effect, but only one body wave
t + 120mins nothing much happening
12pm asleep.

will take dosage to 100-125mg and try again this weekend.

the whole time it felt like taking the equvalent amount of MDMA - almost there, but not quite...

145 mg, Possibly threshold effects for me. Nothing I am going to explore any further.

150mg consumed at 11am in the day

nothing happened all day, perhaps one minor effect.

feeling quite ripped off right now...

%simon

Yeah, that stuff is not all that active, if at all.

Something other than a hydrogen needs to be on the 4 phenyl position apparently.

^ Even then (if there is something other than a hydrogen on the 4 position, like a methyl group), the N-methyl group is going to prevent much activity.

Remove the N-methyl group, put a halogen or alkyl group on the 4 position, and you might have a useful hallucinogen. Go a couple of steps further (reduce the keto group to a hydroxyl group, then replace the hydrogen of the hydroxyl with a methyl group), and you will end up with a compound that has a greater potency than the equivalent amphetamine.

But that's a long, long way from this compound

joystick said:
Yeah, that stuff is not all that active, if at all.

Something other than a hydrogen needs to be on the 4 phenyl position apparently.

i knew i was taking a risk with an unknown compound, but i figured that *something* should happen if its being sold, and i might as well find out what and by what dosage and report it.

i guess i shouldnt of expected a research company to only sell active products. (everything else they sell is)...

perhaps its like mescaline, needing 200-300mg to get a decent dose.

can i be bothered to try that much of this compound?

We can't tell you if you will be bothered. Maybe you should just increase the dosage slowly and at intervals that will keep your tolerance down. Then when you find your dose, you will not have taken the risk of ingesting 2-3X more than you have in the first place.

Just be safe about it.

BTW - Marklar, like on South Park?

well i've had upto 230 mg with no effect so far execpt a vague 'i wanna talk' stimulation that might of lasted for a few minutes, maybe.

yeah - marklar is a reference to south park and also to the belief that we are all part of one great thing - hence we are all marklar :)

Reduce the benzylic carbonyl with hydrazine and potassium hydroxide (the Wolff Kishner method), protect the methylamino group with trifluoroacetic acid, condesively reduce the 4 position with n-pentanoic acid and then do another Wolff Kishner reduction to get rid of the final benzylic carbonyl and finally deprotect the amine via acid or base amide hydrolysis. The result would be (theoretically) N-methyl-DOAM.

But why? DOAM is inactive, and all n-methylating anything but MDA does is reduce potency even further. If you could demethylate the amine nitrogen to give the primary amine, you'd only need bromine in glacial acetic acid to produce the cathinone derivitive of DOB (4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxycathinone), and if that was inactive, reduce it to a benzylic OH group then methylate it to give alpha-methyl BOB. As a beta methoxy group tends to increase affinity for the 5HT2a receptor, alpha-methylBOB should be active at under 2mg

2,4,5 tri phenyl substitution is less psychedelically, or should I say less sensually, appealling than is the very sexy 3,4-di phenyl substitutions. It's all based on dopamine there folks! Cloves will make millions (hint). Look what happened to root beer. Study your chemical structures every day. Scientific aside, the "potent neurotoxin" 6-OH-DA shares the shitty 2,4,5-trioxywhatever configuration, while the ever so lovely MD family is 3,4 all the way yo.

And I picked N-methyl-DOAM because I didn't know how to N-demethylate it to DOAM. I picked the 4-(n)-pentylphenyl group for that last answer in hopes that by superimposing the structures of THC and DOAM/2CAM one could get a marijuana like amphetamine. Focus numbering only around the benzene ring and any allyl groups connected to it at first and you may comprehend the 2 or 3 aromatic similarities.

Bonus Question:

Is THC oil an allyl substituted benzene / essential oil?
Do we have an 11th essential amp?

Last edited: