• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2-methylamino-1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-1-one

Ya methylone is one that you shouldnt pass up on.

I am getting a bit more intrested in this cathinone though. I was really skeptical at first but as I see more folks reporting positive results, albeit secondhand, Im becoming a bit more curious.

Anyone have any ideas about dosage range?

I read that it is active in "rats" at 50-75mg... supposedly the same properties as methylone with a little more stimulation to it.

Sounds quite intriguing. But 16 hours is a long time to spend with one's head in the clouds!

Wow 16 hours. You guys are killing me with all these 2nd hand stuff. 'Look at all these rumors ... surroundin every day ... I just need some time ...'

Someone cut n paste for me plz?

^
sorry, some sources just cant be made public. same rumor mill says "the 4 position methyl is in the works". i might wait for that one. heehee

I want the 4-position bromo. I don't know much about chemistry, however, everything I've ever had with an association with bromine and bromide has proven to be excellent!

Anyone with chemistry knowledge, is it possible to have 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloro-DMMC? Or 4-iodo? I would think those two would hold more promise than the "classic" bromine and methyl substitutions. Though I will admit, 2C-D is certainly one of the most interesting chemicals I've tasted, albeit, quite weak.

Anyway, I may be having some of this materialize here very soon. I am quite fascinated by the idea.

I wasnt asking for the source per se just maybe a bit more thourough representation of the mention of the effects. Sortof like someone posted the info from the 5-meo-dalt stuff. If its available folks are going to try it an it would be helpful to know a bit more. For instance the couple posts above was the first mention of the length of duration. My buddy hooked me up with some btw and its due here soon so if anyone has anything more to add a pm would be nice. =]

Dude, it's that long and it's methylone plus some more stimulation?!?!?!! I want it. But... like TM-321... I need to verify it with more information.

Anyone with chemistry knowledge, is it possible to have 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloro-DMMC? Or 4-iodo?
Yes, of course it's possible... however nobody will know which one holds more promise until they are tried... just because Chemical D shares the same structural relationship to Chemical C, as Chemical B does to Chemical A does not mean it has the same pharmacological relationship AT ALL!

Also, for safety's sake, when trying a completely unknown compound such as this one (2,5-DM-methcathinone...) please start at an EXTREMELY LOW dose, even if you've heard "anecdotal" evidence about its "active dose"...

I would recommend starting at 1mg and doubling every other day until you feel something if you trust the information and have a bit of a deathwish... if you want to be careful, start at 100mcg and double every 3 days...

^^
i agree. except i wouldn't double every 3 days. i would start low, and wait at least a week between trials, maybe longer. at that rate it could take a year to find an active safe threashold, but, better safe then sorry. i feel confident that some reckless person will let us know very soon. 8)

I dont see why it would be wise to start out at 1mg when there are two reports of +50mgs. I dont plan on starting that high of course but isnt starting out at 1mg a little low? I was thinking around 20mgs. In the interest of harm reduction I sure wish someone would let on a little bit more about what theyve read elsewhere. After all, isnt that what this forum is all about? :\

Wow man Im sorry for trying to gain a better understanding. I didnt say I had made a decision. Thats why I came here to discuss it. I read that an active dose of 2, 5 DMA was above 100mg. Given this would be the methyl cathinone version of that and different isnt it some basis to go on? That being said I understand that cathinones are somewhat less potent than their associated amphetamine counterparts. This would seem to put the threshold dose a bit higher than 1mg. Im not just going to willy nilly take it w/o trying to do some research over it.

Private sources of information will remain private, because of people such as yourself, whether you like it or not.

Im not asking about where the information came from but merely asking for the information itself. I dont see how this could hurt anyone.

Im sorry for my ignorance. If I knew as much as you guys did I wouldnt be coming here and asking for your advice. :(

So you have tried 3mg of 2-methylamino-1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-1-one?
Be sure to keep the updates coming!

Im sorry for my ignorance. If I knew as much as you guys did I wouldnt be coming here and asking for your advice.

Hey don't worry about it. I think it's good that you ask questions as opposed to just randomly and thoughtlessly ingesting some substance. The search for knowledge is never wrong, and really we're all just ignorant humans in search of.......something.

But maybe you should think about some things. What are your motivations for taking this largely untested chemical? Why do you want to do this now, why not wait until more information is available? You realize the possible dangers, right? I mean what if it really fucked you up?

If it were me, I'd just put the shit in the freezer and wait until a whole lot more information came available.

Hmmmm... you know, this has gotten WAY off track.

And, as for the "Do you also realize that you are entrusting your life to unscientific "reports" posted to the internet by anonymous strangers, most of whom undoubtedly ingested an unconfirmed (and in many cases, unknown quantity of) powder as well?" question/comment... The reference that I am drawing my information from is extremely reliable. Extremely.

Those that have seen the original post and who made it know what I am talking about.

^^^
here's the thing-

the sample group who have researched this compound is very very tiny. what if this shit is toxic? what if the 'rat' that ate this stuff and didn't die weighed twice as much as you and this is a very weight dependant material and you have a heart attack? what if it caused stroke in 1% of people who try the threshold active dose? what if [insert random # here]% of the population is allergic to it? what if what if what if? you get the idea and those of you who don't are bozos and shouldn't be doing these unknown designer drugs.

chances are i'm being overly cautious, but, at the risk of repeating myself; better safe then sorry. that is all, go back to your regularly scheduled surfing.

Last edited:
What are your motivations for taking this largely untested chemical?

I think my motivations are most likely somewhat similar to those of others that frequent these boards. I find entactogens specifically and psychoactives generally to be very interesting. I think its fascinating that different shaped molecules have the ability to artificially induce emotions in the human animal. It helps break the monotany of an otherwise drab at times existance. Basically its a hobby.

As for the 'what ifs'. Well what if on the way to pick it up I get broadsided by a big friggin truck and die right there? Dangers are inherent in life and Im not going to spend mine biting my fingernails worrying about it. On the other hand I dont want to do anything obviously stupid. Calculated risks.

Ive seen several reports on here from folks Ive come to respect and trust. Some of them I believe were even considered to be mods here. Thats what led me to decide to try this one.

As for this phantom source of info Ive heard discussed lately. Well I understand the need for an inner circle I suppose. However I dont see the need to hide the info itself. The fact is these substances are out there and whether or not certain people like it or think its right people are going to try them. Some will use forthought and others will not. Hopefully those that choose the former will have access to the information they need to make an intelligent decision. Thats why I come here.

Sorry to digress but it seemed relevant.

2-methylamino-1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)propan-1-one

2-methylamino 2,5 (dimethoxyphenyl)propiophenone

are they the same thing ?

does somebody have some fresh info on this ?

Ive taken it up to 75mgs with little or no effect. Maybe some ever so slight stimulation but I was sound asleep only 3 hours after taking it. :p