13th Issue Heroin Discussion v. fuck hope do dope

Status
Not open for further replies.
The high would not be as strong if you let it degrade since heroin is more potent than morphine.

The high would be just as strong, relatively the same, really, but the rush just wouldn't be there -- isn't that right?

I've always thought of heroin as being a delivery system for the morphine, essentially morphine in a sports car, delivering the morphine across the blood brain barrier and filling those receptors all at once, hence there is that "rush" users talk about; morphine alone, without the two acetyl groups, is a bit more sluggish and crosses the blood brain barrier at a much slower rate, hence there is very little or no rush at all. The "high" however, should be relatively the same.

I could be wrong, though...

The high would be just as strong, relatively the same, really, but the rush just wouldn't be there -- isn't that right?

I've always thought of heroin as being a delivery system for the morphine, essentially morphine in a sports car, delivering the morphine across the blood brain barrier and filling those receptors all at once, hence there is that "rush" users talk about; morphine alone, without the two acetyl groups, is a bit more sluggish and crosses the blood brain barrier at a much slower rate, hence there is very little or no rush at all. The "high" however, should be relatively the same.

Thats all i needed to hear was the sports car comparision

I prefee my IV drugs to be the sports car doing donuts and weaving thru traffic not the old lady in the far right lane. Or worse the old lady in the left lane with her blinker staying on -___-

The way I understand it is the morphine is what gives you the rush, which is why morphine and heroin feel so similar when first shot. But the high itself (after the rush is over) from morphine just feels incomplete. Like you feel it in your body and it takes away pain and whatnot, but you never really get that good euphoric feeling that heroin gives you. I always feel let down when I do morphine. Sure it would still get you high in a sense and it certainly would take the sick off no questions asked, but most people don't like morphine nearly as much as heroin.

Fuck Im pissed the one guy I know to go to says his runner got rolled today! FUCK! I know I aint cool enough to kick it in this thread with yall yet but FUCK!!

Yeah man what jones said, of course you're more than welcome to come in here and post. It doesn't matter how long you've been registered or how many posts you have, feel free to join in any time :)

Also, I just got a call that a guy I occasionally deal with got robbed today too. He had his shit in some crappy old lunchbox in the back seat of his truck (a truck that he just got recently so it's not like anyone even recognized it) and someone smashed his window and stole the lunchbox while he was inside somewhere for a couple minutes. Who the fuck steals a lunchbox? That guy must have creamed his pants when he opened it up and pushed the sandwich aside and saw what was under it...

If you had equal amount of each then they would be as strong, but since heroin is stronger than morphine I would think that if the H degraded to morphine then the morphine wouldn't be as strong. You would need 3x the morphine to be as strong the heroin, or whatever the equivalent dosage would be. As far as the rush goes, some people can't really tell the difference, but others can. I know the analogy you are using, and I've seen kokaino use something similar. It just doesn't make that much of a difference. Morphine most definitely has a rush though. I think reckless is right that morphine is what gives the rush, but with heroin the morphine is brought across the BBB faster, making the rush more intense for some.

Damn reckless was it just dope?
Hope he didnt get jacked for much!
A lunchbox thats some funny shit.

Lol an ugly old lunchbox at that too.

He had a few bundles of dope, and a couple hundred of the blue 30's, and actually his lunch was in there too. It was a decent sized loss for him, but not the end of the world, I think the pills were legitimately his script so he should be able to get more to replace them

He had his shit in some crappy old lunchbox in the back seat of his truck (a truck that he just got recently so it's not like anyone even recognized it) and someone smashed his window and stole the lunchbox while he was inside somewhere for a couple minutes. Who the fuck steals a lunchbox? That guy must have creamed his pants when he opened it up and pushed the sandwich aside and saw what was under it...

It was someone who knew what was in the lunchbox for sure. It may have been a new truck that almost no one would recognize as being his, but I think you answered your own question: who would smash a window to get at a crappy old lunchbox? The answer? No one would... at least no one who didn't already know what was inside the crappy old lunchbox. Just my two cents...

If you had equal amount of each then they would be as strong, but since heroin is stronger than morphine I would think that if the H degraded to morphine then the morphine wouldn't be as strong. You would need 3x the morphine to be as strong the heroin, or whatever the equivalent dosage would be. As far as the rush goes, some people can't really tell the difference, but others can. I know the analogy you are using, and I've seen kokaino use something similar. It just doesn't make that much of a difference. Morphine most definitely has a rush though. I think reckless is right that morphine is what gives the rush, but with heroin the morphine is brought across the BBB faster, making the rush more intense for some.

But it would metabolize into morphine anyway after crossing the blood brain barrier. Found this quickly: "After crossing the blood-brain barrier, heroin is metabolized into morphine, which actively binds to opiate receptors in the brain producing the high."

So the only difference is where the heroin metabolizes into morphine. If it metabolizes into morphine after crossing the blood brain barrier, then the user experiences "the rush" and whatever, but if it metabolizes in the syringe or anywhere outside the blood brain barrier, then it takes longer for those receptors to be filled and so the high appears weaker. Isn't that right?

I've just never been under the assumption that heroin was anything at all like oxycodone, which metabolizes into oxymorphone, of course, and I believe a few other active metabolites as well, but is in and of itself active. Heroin is simply morphine with two acetyl groups that help to propel it across the blood brain barrier more quickly, but it's the morphine that's the active metabolite.

You know what? Maybe I'm talking out of my ass lol... here, I found this: "Replacing the hydrogen-bonding -OH groups with -OCOCH3 makes heroin much less soluble in water than morphine, but more soluble in non-polar solvents, like oils and fats. Therefore heroin has to be injected directly into the bloodstream, but once there it can pass rapidly through the blood-brain barrier which normally prevents the passage of water-soluble and large molecules. As a result it is much more potent than morphine, but its effect does not last as long. Again, once the heroin molecule is absorbed into the body, the acetyl groups are removed, reforming morphine."

So it's what? Like super-moprhine, then?

EDIT: OK I think I understand it now. So basically, it's still morphine any which way you look at it, but it's morphine that one might think of as being "more potent" because its two additional acetyl groups allow it to cross the blood brain barrier more effectively than regular old morphine without the two acetyl groups.

ANOTHER EDIT: So the difference between heroin and morphine is essentially the difference between a .357 and a .38 cartridge. The bullet diameter is the same, but you've changed the length of the case and how much powder you can put behind it. In other words, it's still morphine, but it's "more powerful" now with its two additional acetyl groups. Right? :)

Last edited:
Super morphine, that's a good way to put it.

And yeah I hear you on that, it had to be someone who knows him I even mentioned it, but he's adamant that it wasn't. Oh well, not my problem I suppose.

It was you, wasn't it? Damn can't trust anyone from New Haven, these assholes will even steal your lunch these days ;)

It was someone who knew what was in the lunchbox for sure. It may have been a new truck that almost no one would recognize as being his, but I think you answered your own question: who would smash a window to get at a crappy old lunchbox? The answer? No one would... at least no one who didn't already know what was inside the crappy old lunchbox. Just my two cents...

But it would metabolize into morphine anyway after crossing the blood brain barrier. Found this quickly: "After crossing the blood-brain barrier, heroin is metabolized into morphine, which actively binds to opiate receptors in the brain producing the high."

So the only difference is where the heroin metabolizes into morphine. If it metabolizes into morphine after crossing the blood brain barrier, then the user experiences "the rush" and whatever, but if it metabolizes in the syringe or anywhere outside the blood brain barrier, then it takes longer for those receptors to be filled and so the high appears weaker. Isn't that right?

I've just never been under the assumption that heroin was anything at all like oxycodone, which metabolizes into oxymorphone, of course, and I believe a few other active metabolites as well, but is in and of itself active. Heroin is simply morphine with two acetyl groups that help to propel it across the blood brain barrier more quickly, but it's the morphine that's the active metabolite.

You know what? Maybe I'm talking out of my ass lol... here, I found this: "Replacing the hydrogen-bonding -OH groups with -OCOCH3 makes heroin much less soluble in water than morphine, but more soluble in non-polar solvents, like oils and fats. Therefore heroin has to be injected directly into the bloodstream, but once there it can pass rapidly through the blood-brain barrier which normally prevents the passage of water-soluble and large molecules. As a result it is much more potent than morphine, but its effect does not last as long. Again, once the heroin molecule is absorbed into the body, the acetyl groups are removed, reforming morphine."

So it's what? Like super-moprhine, then?

EDIT: OK I think I understand it now. So basically, it's still morphine any which way you look at it, but it's morphine that one might think of as being "more potent" because its two additional acetyl groups allow it to cross the blood brain barrier more effectively than regular old morphine without the two acetyl groups.

ANOTHER EDIT: So the difference between heroin and morphine is essentially the difference between a .357 and a .38 cartridge. The bullet diameter is the same, but you've changed the length of the case and how much powder you can put behind it. In other words, it's still morphine, but it's "more powerful" now with its two additional acetyl groups. Right? :)

Well it quickly metabolizes into 6-MAM and morphine in the brain, so the rush is from both of these things. A lot of people thought that the high from heroin was due to morphine and therefore indistinguishable from it, but 6-MAM is shown to have euphoric effects which is why some people like heroin a lot more than morphine, but others find them to be very similar perhaps because they aren't partial or sensitive enough to the 6-MAM high. It's the rapid binding to the receptors in the brain that causes the rush, which is why morphine still has a rush, but without the 6-MAM along with it. I don't know if the heroin rush would be faster or if it's just more potent due to being able to pass the BBB more efficiently than morphine, but once in the brain that's when the rush occurs.

I finally am back in Texas :) I haven't had any dope since yesterday morning and I'm doing great, besides that I miss that beautiful powdery heroin , I know here in Texas if I look I'll only find tar and I like to IV an IV tar just sounds gross....

Anyways I am suprised I'm not having any withdraw symptoms yet or if I'll have any at all... I dosed with 2mg of a suboxone strip because I felt a tad bit achy this morning and want sure if it was the hotel bed or the dope sickness.

Ugh wish I was still in Michigan for a few more day and could get more dope lol but it's time to come back home and live in reality. I did have a nice vacation though :)

Also I wanted to clear up a few things-

The heroin was powder not tar.

Reason for the preprep of my dope was because I was going to be traveling and didn't want to bring all my supplies, instead I had a syringe already filled and an alcohol pad. Didn't have to do all the work in the car instead did it in hotel room and just brought my shot with me on the road.... It was sorta a must for my situation... Also didn't want the chance of losing the small bag in the car....

I would never advise any one to ore mix their dope because of bacteria growth I side they syringe.

Last edited:
Someone your guy knows ddefinetly broke into his truck if the only thing ghat ca.e up missing was the lunchbox..or it was a bum who saw the lunchbox and thought lunch..lol...personally I would never carry drugs in a pickup cause there's no place to hide it. Agleast in a car you have the trunk and the cops cant go into that if the don't find anything else in the car, and with no probable cause.

And you guys been talking about bacteria forming in the syringe if you let it sit to long..couldn't you just recook the dope to kill the bacteria and then just suck it back in and use it? Or is that even worse to do and it might degrade the shot? And remember ive not once shot dope so I don't know about all that stuff.

Someone your guy knows definetly broke into his truck if the only thing ghat ca.e up missing was the lunchbox..or it was a bum who saw the lunchbox and thought lunch..lol...personally I would never carry drugs in a pickup cause there's no place to hide it. Agleast in a car you have the trunk and the cops cant go into that if the don't find anything else in the car, and with no probable cause.

Normally dude does drive a pickup, but this was an explorer.. Idk who it was but as long as it wasn't my truck then fuck who cares either way really. Maybe they thought they'd find a system or something else since the windows were pretty dark but dude keeps his truck so clean that literally the only thing in the whole truck was the lunchbox. But the guy looks like a dopehead, no lie he looks e x a c t l y like Uncle Howie (dude from dj necro) I'm not even kidding so I can see why someone may have assumed he had drugs on him

holy shit i havent been on bluelight in ages. for the 2 weeks before i started work again this week at a local headshop i was kind of in Fear & Loathing mode, if you catch my drift.

just had to spend 2 days this week detoxing since im broke for a week until my paycheck comes, although wednesday i went out and grabbed a couple stamps...then grabbed a half g of coke last night (because it was half the price it normally is). if my cousin didnt have a suboxone script, i'd hate everyone.

on a side note, my roommate has been in detox for a couple days. but we're moving out of our apartment today. if she's smart she'd leave today to get all of her stuff

It's been a couple day since I had some dope and I felt pretty achy so I took Hal a suboxone strip.

I am confused, I was prescribed suboxone for opiate dependence and it worked by blocking but never helpe with cravings.. Now that I have actually been using heroin and now I took my suboxone my suboxone is like an entire different drug. Before when using it for regualr opiates I felt like it was like a placebo, didn't really do much but make me not be able to feel opiates. But for some reason my suboxone on heroin withdraw is like a fucking miracle drug. It feels almost like a small shot of heroin.

I'm itchy, elevated mood, geeling of waved goig trough y body and a relaxed mild nod type feeling. I am do shocked at how different suboxone is responding to my body now that I'm acuatally usin it for heroin and not just plain opiates...

Anyone else have this happen?

^ That's my exact response to bupe and I've never even seen heroin. Suboxone never did a damn thing for cravings either.

Im sick of waking up everyday so fuckin late with all these missed calls and texts from people asking me to get them shit and throwdown with then and then having to wait to get d so fuckin late at night which starts the same routine over again the next day.

^ That's my exact response to bupe and I've never even seen heroin. Suboxone never did a damn thing for cravings either.

I really think bupe should just be for heroin because if your using it for regualar maintenance from opiates and not heroin it doesnt work.. It's weird, I always hated bupe until now when I'm actually using it for h...

^what do you mean it doesn't work? It worked for me 5 years ago when I was hooked on Oxys so fucking bad, the subs did exactly what they were supposed to do.

The new D connect had me and my boy waitin for around 5 hours yesterday and ehen he finally came through he gave us 2 extra bags, a few coronas and a 20 of coke for free which im gunna try to boot. Lol but this is prolly thr coolest connect ive ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.