• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News 13-year-old student dies after fentanyl overdose at Connecticut school

That was directed at the stepford robot comments, not you. Thanks for contributing to the discussion

So now we can't even post literally ONE OR TWO comments that are partially-OT? :/

EDIT: (partly because I'm curious, partly so this is still on-topic) - did we ever find out if the boy actually DID overdose just from handling Fent?

did we ever find out if the boy actually DID overdose just from handling Fent?
Nope. And I dunno how we'd even be able to do that (verify the course of events). Because if that wasn't the case I don't see a huge media detraction coming our way anytime soon if at all ever. Dunno. Maybe that's a good thing. Because as I've noted: the fear factor is what's kept me away from H and opioids. Although paradoxically: it's not prevented me from Cocaine use and abuse nor Fentanyl experimentation. Figure that one out. I've tried on my own to figure it out but with no success to date.

I don't have a clue as to why I "defend" this shit. I think it's just become a knee jerk reaction as a result of all of the other BS that's been fed my way during the last two years (no matter whether it's politics or vaccine shit). And I'm wrong in doing this when it comes to Fentanyl and its dangers. I'm well aware and don't in any way mean to detract from the issue (and it's been bugging me to not have posted earlier that when I called BS I meant BS about the headline and NOT that this didn't happen).

Nope. And I dunno how we'd even be able to do that (verify the course of events). Because if that wasn't the case I don't see a huge media detraction coming our way anytime soon if at all ever. Dunno. Maybe that's a good thing. Because as I've noted: the fear factor is what's kept me away from H and opioids. Although paradoxically: it's not prevented me from Cocaine use and abuse nor Fentanyl experimentation. Figure that one out. I've tried on my own to figure it out but with no success to date.

I don't have a clue as to why I "defend" this shit. I think it's just become a knee jerk reaction as a result of all of the other BS that's been fed my way during the last two years (no matter whether it's politics or vaccine shit). And I'm wrong in doing this when it comes to Fentanyl and its dangers. I'm well aware and don't in any way mean to detract from the issue (and it's been bugging me to not have posted earlier that when I called BS I meant BS about the headline and NOT that this didn't happen).

That makes sense. And agreed :)

I kindof understand you. My addiction to opioids has always been prescription ones (be it codeine, tramadol, dihydrocodeine, morphine, oxycodone, methadone, buprenorphine, fentanyl etc) but I have had periods of using heroin (mostly when I was living in homeless hostels where EVERYBODY was on either H or coke, and I was lonely and anxious and hanging out with the people also there cured the lonely to a degree and drugs cured the anxiety, to a degree, but even then I was on methadone and while I was physically dependant on that, I never was on the heroin) or sporadic use, where I might use three or four times a day for a couple days, then not use for like three weeks.
I did fentanyl way before heroin because it was a "safe" prescription drug (I bought patches from someone who had a legit prescription) and because with heroin, you have no idea how pure it is or what it's cut with etc.

So now we can't even post literally ONE OR TWO comments that are partially-OT? :/
Emphasis on try to stay on topic. I break the rule myself sometimes too. Perhaps I was just too high while catching up on this thread, but I was having trouble following the discussion. Tangents are encouraged, just know that I reserve the right to gently nudge us back on track ;)

EDIT: (partly because I'm curious, partly so this is still on-topic) - did we ever find out if the boy actually DID overdose just from handling Fent?
Given that the deceased is a minor, his death records will not be made public. That is, unless the parents choose to publicize them in some sort of activist-esque move

"our police department will continue their investigation and seek to hold accountable the adults who ultimately are responsible for this child’s death"

They're gonna arrest the leader of the DEA?!
Nah they'll arrest a view oncologists and pain management doctors ripping ppl with catastrophic diseases off their script cold turkey creating a few thousand new fent addicts....the dead kids mom will be cheering it on until she is dying in bed one day from cancer eating her body alive with zero pain meds till she blows open her skull with a revolver because the pain is unbearable...she still won't get that she did it all to herself.

She'll likely beleieve she will see her son again in heaven at that point. America is too retarded to stand a chance against this epidemic.

Last edited:
Is that the one that we so liberally took the piss with here when it happened and the very same one that even the media called BS on? I’m sure I can find t today (the thread). Cannot recall which Sherrif’s Department it was but seems as though they got caught red handed with heir little drama that they created.

There’s just no way. I say that and am guessing but unless Fent. is IVd I really don’t see how it could/would just make somebody drop as happened in that cop video. Anyway. We all analysed the video and incident at length. The way this stuff is reported on: you’d swear it was like Cynanide (and which also isn’t immediate balls the wall i.e. takes a few uncomfortable seconds) (there’s videos of that too).

Begs a question for me here: maybe I should start a thread on it. But how many here have actually seen somebody OD on Fentanyl on its own and would they be prepared to describe the events? Nodding off and passing out and not waking up I can get my head around. But simply dropping like a stone as was depicted in that police video? Nah. I don’t see it happening that way. But as always I’m happy to apologize and acknowledge if I’m talking shit and would post to set the record straight if necessary. Yah know. Just in case some hero sees my posts on this and decides to try snorting a one inch long line of of it and then I’m (more) unpopular.

But I just said I have personally overdosed on fentanyl & I only smoked 2 trails off the foil. So that proved your IV only theory to be wrong.

Like I said: if I’m wrong then I’m wrong. And for that I apologize. And by the sounds of things you’re way qualified to tell us all what it was like. That’s if you don’t mind sharing or talking about it of course.
Was this meant for me? I’d be happy to share about my overdose. I have a few times on this site just so people are educated about fent, bc I obviously wasn’t when trying it.

But I just said I have personally overdosed on fentanyl & I only smoked 2 trails off the foil. So that proved your IV only theory to be wrong.
Fair enough. But you didn’t take me through the steps? Did you just drop or faceplant (that word always gives me the giggles for some reason) at one point? If you don’t want to discuss it that’s fine. I think we’re talking at cross purposes here no? Depends on whether we’re talking about the good officers there (the video which you referred to) or this poor teen I suppose. To be blunt: at what point, and how, and why did you realize you were in trouble?

Fair enough. But you didn’t take me through the steps? Did you just drop or faceplant (that word always gives me the giggles for some reason) at one point? If you don’t want to discuss it that’s fine. I think we’re talking at cross purposes here no? Depends on whether we’re talking about the good officers there (the video which you referred to) or this poor teen I suppose. To be blunt: at what point, and how, and why did you realize you were in trouble?

Yeah I have no problem at all taking u through the whole story. I’m gonna start that in another post, just letting you know I’m working on it now lol.

Okay, so here’s my overdose story. It was about a year ago. At that point I had been completely clean off heroin/illicit opiates for like 2 years. I had gotten into a near fatal car crash where I broke my entire back. I had to have surgery on my spine & got metal plates. I had to learn how to walk again & was even bed-ridden for a couple months. Being only 27 it was so hard for me to go through something so major & not be able to use my body the way I always have. When I was released from the hospital I was given no pain killers or physical therapy at home or anything. I was in more pain than I could’ve ever imagined was possible. Even though I had been clean a good while, I was desperate for pain relief so I began to seek out heroin. Being I was out of the game for so long, I didn’t have any of my old connects. The only thing I was able to find was fent. Not even oxy, perks etc.

A buddy of mine took me to his homie’s place where I could buy fent. The only thing I remember was hitting a trail off foil, then going “FUCK” because it felt so amazing. Then I immediately chased another hit, I can remember hearing my homie’s voice telling me to take it easy. That’s the last thing I remember. My homie said pretty instantly after the 2nd hit, I slumped back into the seat & he said my eyes were wide open. Wasn’t even blinking. He has no experience with opiates at all, so he was just trying to wake me up at first. From here, it’s all going to be my friend’s account of what happened since I don’t remember. He said I started to turn blue & I guess he tried opening my mouth bc he thought i was choking on my own tongue or something. He started doing chest compressions, and nothing. Then he sped off back towards the guy’s house who I got it from. I guess that guy told my homie he had narcan. He started banging on the guy’s door. They gave me 2 ‘doses’ or whatever of the narcan nasal spray & apparently it did absolutely nothing. This whole time he said my eyes were wide open & pupils barely existent. His friend got the narcan shot since the spray didn’t work. I guess the guy was trying to find a vein and having trouble since I really don’t have anything left after shooting H. So my homie grabbed ended up being able to inject it into my thigh. Then I finally came to. The next thing I remember was sitting in my homie’s truck again, and hearing him say “you really scared me dude, I really thought I had lost you.” And I started to become more lucid and he told me about what happened. He drove me home & I literally just went inside and went to bed. I didn’t know I was supposed to still get to a hospital or anything like that. I was mostly just ashamed of myself for relapsing after so much clean time, and for nearly dying from my first relapse. But yeah, I think I pretty much mentioned everything there is.

Hey thanks. Not meaning to bug you or be a smart ass. I just don't have the experience or expertise in the field. Never seen anybody OD (on anything for that matter).

My experience with this shit is very different. I go from hero to nod to that "what the fuck happened there" type of thing. But it takes time (sublingual or oral) (and then only like MAYBE once per month, if that, so no tolerance at play). But then at truly ridiculous concentrations (not boasting or trying to be a hero of impress with statement i.e. just one of those idiots where there's "no middle of the road. Like it's (the car or boat only got two speeds i.e. either on or flat out. No such thing as one drink i.e. either no drink or the bottle type of thing). And I know I'm dancing with The Devil with this shit. And I rarely talk about is i.e. not something I'm proud of. Just me trying to prove some points if only to myself. And one of those that if somebody tells me "be careful it's hot e.g. a dinner plate or power supply" or if there's a sign that says "hot surface: do not touch". Instant trigger to touch i.e. "Oh yeah well let's see how hot". :ROFLMAO: So yeah. Interested to know/see what happens when somebody is in OD territory and if/how they know. The absolute frightening part is that I've shared my experiences with others and they've just laughed and taken it with a pinch of salt and even gone sofar as o take i tin heir stride and that what I've experience is just part of the getting blasted where meanwhile and back at the ranch it's something really serious going on and far from normal.

I do read your posts though as and when they come up. But I've never seen anything that gives the gory details. But a sincere thank you for being prepared to detail. I mean it's pretty personal is it not? But I can tell you're the strong and feisty type from what I've read so I reckon you can handle it and will hopefully no take interest as being offensive or prying. ❤️

No you’re totally fine! I feel really safe talking about it with you guys. I feel like we’re all friends here. And I think it’s important to share this knowledge with one another to prevent what happened to me from happening to anyone else. It still trips me out big time that I literally almost died, after almost dying from the car crash. And thank you for calling me strong and feisty, that really means a lot to me bc I don’t always feel that way. 💜

I just spent and age typing a thank you and bunch of other stuff but hit a key and it all dissappeared. And no draft being made available to reinstate.

But thanks again. Had some nice input (I think it was real useful from a HR perspective anyway) Lemme see if I can somehow find the draft.

Later. And take good care of yousrelf.

🙏Can somebody (a mod. see if there is a draft post of mine on this thread and restore it and post it)? It can only be about an hour old.

If you cannot post it then just PM it to me and I'll copy and paste it here.

Sorry to ask but it was a long an intricate post and I don't quite know if I'll get another version of it quite right (as good as the first version anyway).🙏

🙏Can somebody (a mod. see if there is a draft post of mine on this thread and restore it and post it)? It can only be about an hour old.

If you cannot post it then just PM it to me and I'll copy and paste it here.

Sorry to ask but it was a long an intricate post and I don't quite know if I'll get another version of it quite right (as good as the first version anyway).🙏
I don’t see anything like that. Pretty sure all I can do is undelete something you’ve already posted but then deleted after the fact.

For a ‘draft’ there’s nothing I can do

Where is my
I don’t see anything like that. Pretty sure all I can do is undelete something you’ve already posted but then deleted after the fact.

For a ‘draft’ there’s nothing I can do
No problem. But thank you for looking and trying. Nope. Only a draft. Not a deletion. Ah well. I'll try replicate tomorrow. Never ever had problem with drafts though always worked perfectly hence my not following some suggestions already made in STH on the topic e.g. copying and pasting current work to a clipboard type app. e.g. notepad. It's just one of those thing in IT yes? The day a backup is required will be the day it wasn't done or failed. Long long time ago I had a client and who were so jacked and did everything by the book. Followed religious daily backup procedures for years. But nobody ever thought to see if the backups were actually being written to DAT. Until the one day their server crashed and it turned out the last time somehing had actually been written to DAT was about six months prior. Entire billing and accounting records just gone. And they thought everything was peachy every single day becuase the backup log file said so. Thank fuck I never set up and installed that system. It nearly closed them down.

Was this meant for me? I’d be happy to share about my overdose. I have a few times on this site just so people are educated about fent, bc I obviously wasn’t when trying it.
No you’re totally fine! I feel really safe talking about it with you guys. I feel like we’re all friends here. And I think it’s important to share this knowledge with one another to prevent what happened to me from happening to anyone else. It still trips me out big time that I literally almost died, after almost dying from the car crash. And thank you for calling me strong and feisty, that really means a lot to me bc I don’t always feel that way. 💜
Okay, so here’s my overdose story. It was about a year ago. At that point I had been completely clean off heroin/illicit opiates for like 2 years. I had gotten into a near fatal car crash where I broke my entire back. I had to have surgery on my spine & got metal plates. I had to learn how to walk again & was even bed-ridden for a couple months. Being only 27 it was so hard for me to go through something so major & not be able to use my body the way I always have. When I was released from the hospital I was given no pain killers or physical therapy at home or anything. I was in more pain than I could’ve ever imagined was possible. Even though I had been clean a good while, I was desperate for pain relief so I began to seek out heroin. Being I was out of the game for so long, I didn’t have any of my old connects. The only thing I was able to find was fent. Not even oxy, perks etc.

A buddy of mine took me to his homie’s place where I could buy fent. The only thing I remember was hitting a trail off foil, then going “FUCK” because it felt so amazing. Then I immediately chased another hit, I can remember hearing my homie’s voice telling me to take it easy. That’s the last thing I remember. My homie said pretty instantly after the 2nd hit, I slumped back into the seat & he said my eyes were wide open. Wasn’t even blinking. He has no experience with opiates at all, so he was just trying to wake me up at first. From here, it’s all going to be my friend’s account of what happened since I don’t remember. He said I started to turn blue & I guess he tried opening my mouth bc he thought i was choking on my own tongue or something. He started doing chest compressions, and nothing. Then he sped off back towards the guy’s house who I got it from. I guess that guy told my homie he had narcan. He started banging on the guy’s door. They gave me 2 ‘doses’ or whatever of the narcan nasal spray & apparently it did absolutely nothing. This whole time he said my eyes were wide open & pupils barely existent. His friend got the narcan shot since the spray didn’t work. I guess the guy was trying to find a vein and having trouble since I really don’t have anything left after shooting H. So my homie grabbed ended up being able to inject it into my thigh. Then I finally came to. The next thing I remember was sitting in my homie’s truck again, and hearing him say “you really scared me dude, I really thought I had lost you.” And I started to become more lucid and he told me about what happened. He drove me home & I literally just went inside and went to bed. I didn’t know I was supposed to still get to a hospital or anything like that. I was mostly just ashamed of myself for relapsing after so much clean time, and for nearly dying from my first relapse. But yeah, I think I pretty much mentioned everything there is.
Alright then. Lemme have another bash at responding here (was half hoping that by this time my draft from Friday would have reappeared as if by magic but no such luck).

Well I'm glad I nagged you and pleased that you shared in such great detail because it may have some important relevance for others going forward if not myself.

Given your sudden reaction as described thus "I slumped back into the seat & he said my eyes were wide open. Wasn’t even blinking." I for one would never have suspected an opioid OD (but then I only have my own experience to draw on and not even sure if it was in OD territory). Point being: unless I knew for a fact that it was Fent. that you'd just smoked and that was the only thing involved it would never have crossed my mind to go looking for or grabbing for Narcan. My experience with this shit has been limited to sublingual or oral administration and there's been two occasions where I figured I'd crossed an invisible line. But nothing sudden. Took the form of a very slow come-up and which eventually culminated in uncontrollable shaking, a significant but quick rise in body temperature, and then spending much time trying not to fall sideways (from a sitting position no less), impossible to focus or type (posts) or concentrate, all relatively very slow to come on but pretty long lasting. Only parallel I'd be able to draw in an effort to explain would be to say it'd be something like having consumed a pile of benzos. with a pile of alcohol. Guess my point is that unless somebody was in the the know and wasn't aware of the fact that I've had this shit around for a good while now Fent. is probably the last thing they'd have suspected. And that's problematic and come to think of it blasts these videos and the information contained therein out of the water because they sure do seem to backup my experiences i.e. it's a slow come-on and doesn't just cause you to drop like a stone. Maybe it's different if snorted or smoked? I don't really know. Long time ago: tried smoking a piece of a patch and felt something but nothing near like what I've just described and pretty much ended up sauntering to the bed and sleeping it off. The frightening part about this: is when I've described my experiences to regular opioid users they've laughed them off and just assumed all was a part of the "trip" or the "high" in an opioid intolerant individual when meanwhile back at the ranch the symptoms are far more serious and more indicative of a serious complication with possible permanent physical outcomes. And that's the main reason I've gone to the trouble of detailing all of this shit. Me personally: I couldn't give a shit. I never sourced this stuff to use or to get blasted or high (opioids and downers not my thing). But it could happen to somebody else that does give a shit so maybe this post is worthwhile from a HR perspective. I'd even go so far as to say that to the untrained or inexperience eye: the only telltale signs that something was amiss is that my eyes didn't look quite right (pinpoint pupils and eyes felt as wide as large dinner plates), I was a strange color apparently, and my speech wasn't exactly smooth in coming, and had passed out on the couch (basically had fallen backwards and was out of it and for all intents and purposes appearead as though I was just sleeping my ass off).

The other thing I've become to question about this shit is the half life of this shit and its duration of action. My last little escapade had me hung over (felt like I could have nodded off at any time) and off balance (and pretty fucked) more than 24 hours later and that was after having eaten in the interim but having expelled anything and everything like food and in spectacular fashion to boot. Guess what I'm trying to say is that had I for whatever reason decided to use more 24 hours later the same shit would have hit the fan only sooner and maybe to a greater extent.

So who knows. Maybe ROA makes a huge difference when it come so this shit and the immediate effects. I'd go out on a limb and say that sublingual or oral takes much longer to hit the spot but at the same time hangs around a lot longer in the system. I'm just surmising here i.e. this not based on any research or scientific paper or any such thing.

So there's the long awaited post. And I think I covered everything in my Saturday attempt that went missing.

Like I said earlier: I am not saying that this did not happen. I’m sure it did (well as sure as I can be given that it’s reported in the MSM).

Then in fairness: this was a young dude and who I can only assume was smaller in stature, certainly more fit than I am, and possibly certainly a different/faster metabolism than myself.

Oh well. Probably no point in continuing here as this isn't a drug discussion thread. And not to mention that there's no indication of the ROA or what happened in this case.

So I'll leave it that then shall I.
ive handled lot of fent and never dropped, but id never want to misinform or give someone the idea they could safely get it on them, it just made me drop if i snorted it, oddly not smoking it..this is no joke, but i wonder how they protect drug trained seeking dogs(sniffers) from getting that poison in their nasal passages or paws?

I just spent and age typing a thank you and bunch of other stuff but hit a key and it all dissappeared. And no draft being made available to reinstate.

But thanks again. Had some nice input (I think it was real useful from a HR perspective anyway) Lemme see if I can somehow find the draft.

Later. And take good care of yousrelf.
i hate when that happens

but i wonder how they protect drug trained seeking dogs(sniffers) from getting that poison in their nasal passages or paws?
Funny you should mention this today i.e. being an OCD dog lover myself I've often thought about this. Saw a headline just yesterday (or could very well just have been some or the other YT click bait title that I chose to ignore as opposed getting duped and reeled inan cursing myself for watching some shit on YT) (most should know that feeling) May be worth a look see. Could be some or the other physiological difference between canines and humans. I'm not saying that IS the case. But I think I'm going to look into this today. I know I'm guilty of just making assumptions that shit that's deadly and dangerous to human beings is the same for all animals and it's just not true. As I noted somewhere on this thread earlier: Ohmefentanyl supposed to be the grandpappy of Fentnayl analogs. It is but only in fucking mice. This is why we need to be able to experiment on humans. Half of these fucking anti-depressants and psycho. med. shit would never have made it to market in my opinion. Fuck 'em and their clinical trials. Seems to me the only thing they're testing for is to make sure nobody dies within five minutes and their asses are covered. And if that doesn't happen then they're good to go.

Bug it's a very very good question and for which there must be a reasonable explanation. Hell if I worked at customs I'd rather take my human partner's head and smash it into a box of suspected Fentanyl than my K9 partner. Bur then what about the rest of the shit that the K9s must be subjected to during searches? If they were dropping like flies I'm sure it'd make the news (or would it?). Probably not i.e. too controversial and there' be an uproar of note. I note they were very non-specific as to how they euthanased them monkeys that got out the other day. If I find anything (about the dogs) I'll post. Guarnateed had they used Fetty. Joe Public would have lost their shit. Hope they didn't do it that way otherwise I'm going to have egg on my face for these comments UNLESS they darted them with Carfent. (bit of an overkill and no pun intended).

Last edited: