• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News 13-year-old student dies after fentanyl overdose at Connecticut school

This not a thread to be taking the piss on and which I assure you is not my intention. But I call BS. And there is bound to be something left out or not mentioned. You don’t just drop from Fent.

And as for it being absorbed through the skin. Dunno. I used two fingers to stir Fentanyl in Methanol while doing an extraction. Fingers must have been in the solution for a sustained halfhour at a time. Not only did I not absorb any Fentanyl and I know for a fact that by the end of each step there was a least 16Mg of Fentanyl in the solution. Didn’t absorb any Methanol either. So I cannot see as it’s possible. And I have proved beyond any reasonable doubt ye olde 2mg of Fentanyl isn’t enough to kill somebody on its own. Well not me anyway. Fucks you up big time though. A nod you cannot stave of nor resist no matter how fucking hard you try.

I’m even prepared to make a video of the proceedings and detail the last step in this experiment if not tonight then tomorrow and just to prove a point. So how these kids are ingesting this shit (that was the word used in the article) is beyond me. And Fentanyl doesn’t have the highest bioavailability if ingested orally that’s for damn sure. Maybe when it’s just not your day.

Actually, you’re mistaken. I’d really hate for false information to be spread when it comes to fentanyl dangers. I was an IV heroin user for several years & when I had relapsed once last year on fent, I smoked 2 little trails off the foil & had to be given 2 doses of the nasal spray narcan & then the narcan shot before I was able to be revived. Also, one of the best friends I have ever had passed away just the other night from fentanyl tainted heroin. She was a regular heroin user for about 10 years. There is also a video you can pull up on YouTube that shows body cam footage of a rookie cop OD’ing almost immediately after having to seize fent from someone’s car during a traffic stop. So it would absolutely be possible for a 13 year old child to OD on this very powerful drug that caused all the situations mentioned above. Again, I’m not at all trying to argue with anyone or make anyone feel like they don’t know what they’re talking about, I just really don’t want false information spread on our site about fentanyl, being as it is so inscredibky deadly.

There’s actually a video on YouTube that shows bodycam footage of a rookie cop OD’ing on fent just from handling it during an arrest.
Is that the one that we so liberally took the piss with here when it happened and the very same one that even the media called BS on? I’m sure I can find t today (the thread). Cannot recall which Sherrif’s Department it was but seems as though they got caught red handed with heir little drama that they created.

There’s just no way. I say that and am guessing but unless Fent. is IVd I really don’t see how it could/would just make somebody drop as happened in that cop video. Anyway. We all analysed the video and incident at length. The way this stuff is reported on: you’d swear it was like Cynanide (and which also isn’t immediate balls the wall i.e. takes a few uncomfortable seconds) (there’s videos of that too).

Begs a question for me here: maybe I should start a thread on it. But how many here have actually seen somebody OD on Fentanyl on its own and would they be prepared to describe the events? Nodding off and passing out and not waking up I can get my head around. But simply dropping like a stone as was depicted in that police video? Nah. I don’t see it happening that way. But as always I’m happy to apologize and acknowledge if I’m talking shit and would post to set the record straight if necessary. Yah know. Just in case some hero sees my posts on this and decides to try snorting a one inch long line of of it and then I’m (more) unpopular.

Actually, you’re mistaken. I’d really hate for false information to be spread when it comes to fentanyl dangers. I was an IV heroin user for several years & when I had relapsed once last year on fent, I smoked 2 little trails off the foil & had to be given 2 doses of the nasal spray narcan & then the narcan shot before I was able to be revived. Also, one of the best friends I have ever had passed away just the other night from fentanyl tainted heroin. She was a regular heroin user for about 10 years. There is also a video you can pull up on YouTube that shows body cam footage of a rookie cop OD’ing almost immediately after having to seize fent from someone’s car during a traffic stop. So it would absolutely be possible for a 13 year old child to OD on this very powerful drug that caused all the situations mentioned above. Again, I’m not at all trying to argue with anyone or make anyone feel like they don’t know what they’re talking about, I just really don’t want false information spread on our site about fentanyl, being as it is so inscredibky deadly.
Well I think you’ve just addressed what I just posted to a degree. We were over typing each other it would seem.

Like I said: if I’m wrong then I’m wrong. And for that I apologize. And by the sounds of things you’re way qualified to tell us all what it was like. That’s if you don’t mind sharing or talking about it of course.

NYPOST
Patrick Reilly
16, Jan 2022

Thats a tragedy.What happens with that fent and his analogues in US or Canada may be its a very alarming.Even in parts of Mexici fent is a big problem i think.Proffit.simple.invest less and receive more.Dark side of capitalism and consumatory society.Have not idea how the thing is in Australia or New Zealand.Not heard of anythinge else in Europe,except some sporadic events.Fentanyl and its analogues are by far most strong and danger opioids....just an illustration of consequences of compromized war on drugs.Really sad story:(

Is that the one that we so liberally took the piss with here when it happened and the very same one that even the media called BS on? I’m sure I can find t today (the thread). Cannot recall which Sherrif’s Department it was but seems as though they got caught red handed with heir little drama that they created.

There’s just no way. I say that and am guessing but unless Fent. is IVd I really don’t see how it could/would just make somebody drop as happened in that cop video. Anyway. We all analysed the video and incident at length. The way this stuff is reported on: you’d swear it was like Cynanide (and which also isn’t immediate balls the wall i.e. takes a few uncomfortable seconds) (there’s videos of that too).

Begs a question for me here: maybe I should start a thread on it. But how many here have actually seen somebody OD on Fentanyl on its own and would they be prepared to describe the events? Nodding off and passing out and not waking up I can get my head around. But simply dropping like a stone as was depicted in that police video? Nah. I don’t see it happening that way. But as always I’m happy to apologize and acknowledge if I’m talking shit and would post to set the record straight if necessary. Yah know. Just in case some hero sees my posts on this and decides to try snorting a one inch long line of of it and then I’m (more) unpopular.
Thanks for that. And not to be argumentative but something stands out glaringly so in your recount of events. Heroin AND Fentanyl. Like Benzodiazepines AND Fentanyl.

Anyway. If you’re willing and able: what happened? How do you know when you’ve overdone it?

I am not saying that it’s not deadly nor promoting nor advocating its use for recreational purposes. That’s not my intention at all I assure you. Obviously it is killing people. But not by just touching it or just looking at it sideways. And there is the argument that if it were the case there’d be a pile of dead dealers lying around (who knows: maybe there is).

And don’t get me wrong I’m all for scare tactics as they have served me well in life. Single reason why I’ve steered well clear from even trying H so there is that. But they don’t serve any purpose if you’re hell bent on trying Fentanyl (for whatever fucked up your reasons may be). And I would hazard a guess and say that I’m probably repeating myself on this as it sounds all to familiar as I type it.

Like I said earlier: I am not saying that this did not happen. I’m sure it did (well as sure as I can be given that it’s reported in the MSM).

Then in fairness: this was a young dude and who I can only assume was smaller in stature, certainly more fit than I am, and possibly certainly a different/faster metabolism than myself.

Oh well. Probably no point in continuing here as this isn't a drug discussion thread. And not to mention that there's no indication of the ROA or what happened in this case.

So I'll leave it that then shall I.

it's generally well accepted in toxicology literature that a fentanyl overdose from mere touch alone won't happen

there is, however, a well documented phenomenon of police officers having symptoms such as fainting, shortness of breath, etc. after coming in close contact with suspected fentanyl. this may be some sort of mass placebo effect happening, we don't really know for sure.

Please post this up if it exists.
Oh well fuck it. Here's a direct link to the video (it can only be this one):

But if you look at the thread that I posted above you'll see there was a fair amount of fallout as a result of that little video production.

Here's a pretty darn good video on the topic (and who am I to question the dudes's credentials):

I don't feel like I'm going off topic here i.e. I never mentioned these videos. But what the dude above says makes logical sense to me and largely validates my own research on the the topic at the time.

Tricky one and so much misinformation. Fun fact: Ohmefentanyl, in spit of its potency, is less potent to humans than Carfentanil. Who would have thought if you just read up on this shit. Obviously not me.

And there's an unintended consequence of spreading this bullshit. Now just imagine in the case of this teen that died that somebody (a teacher or caregiver) bought into all of this bullshit and was therefore too afraid of the stuff to go anywhere near the patient? Not inconceivable. And they therefore did nothing. Or didn't know what to do. If you wanna really see how misinformed people are on this subject just go look at some of the videos of Kensington Street (Philly) and then read the YT comments. They're absolutely laughable.

Anyway. Fuck this shit. I got my own problems to solve. Ironically and not least of which is how to get 84Mg of Fent. base out of a solution of Methanol!

Honestly I'm surprised there hasn't been more of this. I was introduced to heroin/meth/coke at 14, and I know there were also kids younger than me doing it. Now that these Mexican oxy's are flooding the market I'm surprised this isn't more of an issue already.

If you wanna see for real how out of hand this has gotten go browse some suicide sites or forums (although I don't recommend it). You would be floored to find the number of individuals who truly believe that they can off themselves with a Fent. laced pill if they knew how to score or from where. They in for a big surprise. Just an observation but an illustration nevertheless of how pervasive the media bullshit is. Mind you: there ain't no shortage of those same people who think that a hefty dose of Alprazolam gonna do the trick too. Also in for a big surprise and probably a bad three day benzo. hangover if they're lucky.

That was directed at the stepford robot comments, not you. Thanks for contributing to the discussion
No problem. Just didn't want to derail this thread nor detract from the seriousness hereof. And posting links in new posts to earlier posts made on the same thread just serves to confuse and fuck up the thread.