Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News 13-year-old student dies after fentanyl overdose at Connecticut school

phenethylo J

Bluelight Crew
NYPOST
Patrick Reilly
16, Jan 2022

A 13-year-old Connecticut student who overdosed on fentanyl at a Hartford school has died, according to law enforcement officials.

The seventh-grader had been listed in “grave condition” at a hospital after he collapsed in the gymnasium at the Sports and Medical Science Academy in Hartford on Thursday.

He died around 5:30 p.m. Saturday night, Hartford police told WVIT. Police said they are not releasing the student’s name at this time.

“Our city grieves for this child lost, for his loved ones, his friends, his teachers, and the entire SMSA family,” Mayor Luke Bronin said in a statement, obtained by the outlet.

“We still have much to learn about the circumstances of this tragedy, and about how a child had access to such a shocking quantity of such deadly drugs, and our police department will continue their investigation and seek to hold accountable the adults who ultimately are responsible for this child’s death.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Read this earlier. Not sure if it was this article, but it mentioned that cops myth of touching fentanyl to OD. Good job officer. The whole world is actually misinformed now.

I thought Connecticut was populated entire by Stepford robots?

P.S. You cannot OD by TOUCHING fent. That's ridiculous. Very sad if he really did die of a fentanyl OD, though. Very sad that 13 year olds have access to drugs at all.

The article says they found 40 bags with powdered fent in the school... presumably brought by the students who ODd. Where in Sam heck did 13 year olds get their hands on huge amounts of powdered fent? Truly a sad event...

The article says they found 40 bags with powdered fent in the school... presumably brought by the students who ODd. Where in Sam heck did 13 year olds get their hands on huge amounts of powdered fent? Truly a sad event...
parent or similar situational dealer associated with the child probably. Ugg.. tragedy.

Wouldnt it absorb through your skin?
There is a good podcast exploring this with early instance of LE ODs. My thoughts are the Officers started using and when the fent started hitting and they became another victim of this tragedy. Then it was misidentified or swept under the rug as a contact OD. That’s just an opinion after looking at very limited but reliable reports.

Last edited:
There is a good podcast exploring this with early instance of LE ODs. My thoughts are the Officers started using and when the fent started hitting they became another victim of this tragedy. Then it was misidentified or swept under the rug as a contact OD. That’s just an opinion after looking at very limited but reliable reports.
Well, I would think you would have to have some moisture on your skin, but a little bit of sweat would probably be enough

This not a thread to be taking the piss on and which I assure you is not my intention. But I call BS. And there is bound to be something left out or not mentioned. You don’t just drop from Fent.

And as for it being absorbed through the skin. Dunno. I used two fingers to stir Fentanyl in Methanol while doing an extraction. Fingers must have been in the solution for a sustained halfhour at a time. Not only did I not absorb any Fentanyl and I know for a fact that by the end of each step there was a least 16Mg of Fentanyl in the solution. Didn’t absorb any Methanol either. So I cannot see as it’s possible. And I have proved beyond any reasonable doubt ye olde 2mg of Fentanyl isn’t enough to kill somebody on its own. Well not me anyway. Fucks you up big time though. A nod you cannot stave of nor resist no matter how fucking hard you try.

I’m even prepared to make a video of the proceedings and detail the last step in this experiment if not tonight then tomorrow and just to prove a point. So how these kids are ingesting this shit (that was the word used in the article) is beyond me. And Fentanyl doesn’t have the highest bioavailability if ingested orally that’s for damn sure. Maybe when it’s just not your day.

Last edited:
BACK IN 00S IT WOULD HAVE BEEN 40 OXY PILLZ AND NOBODY WOULD HAVE DIED.

Must say the.most surprising thing about this is to find that Naloxone wasn’t a part of the school first aid kit. Not even those sprays or those new fandangled single but higher dose gadgets. I thought that was a push being undertaken there on this very issue (almost sure I posted about this somewhere sometime not too long ago). But then who at the school would have suspected an opioid overdose I wonder and have thought to haul out the Naloxone?

Must say the.most surprising thing about this is to find that Naloxone wasn’t a part of the school first aid kit. Not even those sprays or those new fandangled single but higher dose gadgets. I thought that was a push being undertaken there on this very issue (almost sure I posted about this somewhere sometime not too long ago). But then who at the school would have suspected an opioid overdose I wonder and have thought to haul out the Naloxone?
I mean... I’m assuming this was in a predominantly wealthy, white suburb. The last thing anyone is going to think at that school is, “Middle schoolers are using opioids.” Having worked in suburban middle schools, it would be my last thought too.

Drug overdoses can be accidental or intentional. They occur when a person takes more than the medically recommended dose.

Read this earlier. Not sure if it was this article, but it mentioned that cops myth of touching fentanyl to OD. Good job officer. The whole world is actually misinformed now.
There’s actually a video on YouTube that shows bodycam footage of a rookie cop OD’ing on fent just from handling it during an arrest.

I thought Connecticut was populated entire by Stepford robots?

P.S. You cannot OD by TOUCHING fent. That's ridiculous. Very sad if he really did die of a fentanyl OD, though. Very sad that 13 year olds have access to drugs at all.
ahem, i most definitely am not a Stepford robot.