• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids 100% Grapefruit Juice

Online ordering of dihydrocodeine would probably allow you to net much tastier options too, like Paracodin liquid (the original 1911 pharmaceutical) , immediate-release tablets of the DF 118, and also the Paracodin tablets, up to 64 mg, extended-release tablets up to at least 128 mg (Codidol Retard. Didor Continus, Contugesic, DHC Continus and others) ampoules for IM or deep SC injection, suppositories, packets of effervescent powder, including the famous SS Bron and other "Bron" products, which is dihydrocodeine with ephedrine and phenyltoloxamine and paracetamol, usually with Vitamin C, sodium bicarbonate, Vitamin B₁, B₃, B₆, B₂, and in some preparations herbal remedies for post-nasal drip . . . There are a number of products in the Bron family with one Bron product having 40 mg dihydrocodeine per dose . . . people who go hog wild for Bron, which is OTC in Japan, have called it Speedball Alka Seltzer and so on.

The NyQuil effect on narcotics impressed me from the very beginning -- the one thing to watch out for with NyQuil mixtures with things like Vicodin, Panlor, Tylenol With Codeine is total paracetamol dose, or aspirin/ASA dose or, ibuprofen if that is the weak analgesic in the antihistamine-DXM-miscellaneous mixture.

I started out with NyQuil or the Alka-Seltzer Cold Medicine with Norflex (the orphenadrine citrate muscle relaxant, antihistamine, narcotic potentiator, and general purpose analgesic -- the hydrochloride for these indications plus Parknson's) and naproxen and Pyribenzamine (Triplennamine HCl or citrate, the Blue in Ts & Blues and Blue Velvet, the best narcotic potentiator I can think of, aside from Doriden (glutethimide) . . . this pre-load I would start taking 40 minutes before he narcotic:

Codiclear DH cough syrup, Hycodan, or Vicodin/Lortab and so forth, also Tussionex -- or alternatively Paracetamol With Codeine Nº 4, pure Codeine Hydrochloride or sulphate, phosphate, hydrobromide, hydroiodide, or tartrate tablets 32 48, and 64 mg, Synalgos DC (aspirin) or DHC Plus (paracetamol) or DF 118, Paracodin and the . . . also Percodan or Percocet, dextropropoxyphene, tramadol, and stronger narcotics, and less common ones like thebacon, nicocodeine, acedicon, and synthetics like meptazinol, ethoheptazine, and tlidine, but there really is no substitute for the morphine family of opium alkaloids and their semi-synthetic derivatives.

This was along with Adding meprobamate or carisoprodol to the narcotics was especially good, and others and myself would stir the dose of cherry-flavoured NyQuil and Codiclear DH into a glass of Coca-Cola and use that to wash down the tablets -- the "Bitchin' Cherry Coke" which was good with Pepsi, RC Cola, 7-Up, Sprite . . . all of which have a combination of carbonation and phosphoric acid and other things to get everything into the system more quickly. A lot of times I would use caffeine tablets to bring the caffeine dose up to 250 mg if needed.

Hey brother thank you so much for all the detail. Coca-Cola really seems to do the job as it makes it kick in quicker. Not sure if the duration is extended but first thing in the morning it definitely gets me out of bed!

I will be honest though, I am a bit overwhelmed with the best Paracodin formulation for potentiation. It is great to see all of the available options but a tad confusing. Do you have a URL I could use to purchase within the US? Also, I have heard of Alka-Seltzer really potentiating Meth but never understood the Oxy potentiation. Would it work as well or better than Nyquil? I know my drug store carries both of those so depending on your reply I will pick up whatever will make the relief last longer! Thanks so much for all the detail you fill in your posts and for helping me out so much. I really do appreciate it

@FutureReference look into nigella sativa seed oil (black seed oil) capsules on amazon, it seems to be one of the better potentiators ive come across and seems to possess analgesic qualities of its own

Wow man I never even heard of that working as a potentiator. I know an old friend of mine took them along with Fish Oil capsules and swore by it but I always thought he was humbly bragging about his IQ ?

Have you experienced potentiation of Oxy with this stuff? I searched it up and the price is beyond reasonable. Also is there a specific brand I should look into? Would this one work well?

[Link removed -- negrogesic]

I see it comes as an oil as well but am going with your advice and know that you know more than I do! I see it helps inflammation on it's own which is amazing! Should I take it at the same time or before my Oxycodone dosage? Also, does it extend the pain relief time and/or make the dose "feel" stronger? I cannot thank you enough man seriously! Oh and lastly, I won't have to worry about urinalysis right? This doctor is insane so it is every month and I once failed from a damn poppy bagel ? thank you again man!!

Id actually recommend the "healths" brand capsules (note, I removed your link since it goes to a retailer...its was borderline questionable since though its not abusable, it can ostensibly potentiate drugs of abuse -- but so can grapefruit juice). My experience with the oil itself wasn't as great, though I think it may have been to excessive amounts of thymoquinone (versus not enough).

Ill comment my thoughts later on the substance when I get off the freeway (don't worry, im from California...a freeway = parking lot). The potentiation isnt enzymatic however.

Interestingly, it has been studied widely in the muslim world, as the prophet Mohammed was apparently quoted as saying the nigella sativa could, "cure anything, except death" (who knew Mohammed had such a sense of humor?).

Id actually recommend the "healths" brand (note, I removed your link since it goes to a retailer...its was borderline questionable since though its not abusable, it can ostensibly potentiate drugs of abuse -- but so can grapefruit juice).

Ill comment my thoughts later on the substance when I get off the freeway (don't worry, im from California...a freeway = parking lot). The potentiation isnt enzymatic however.

Sorry about that man I won't post links anymore but I truly appreciate the brand advice! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on the substance and I am going to order some right now. Thank you again my friend and drive safe brother!

Id actually recommend the "healths" brand capsules (note, I removed your link since it goes to a retailer...its was borderline questionable since though its not abusable, it can ostensibly potentiate drugs of abuse -- but so can grapefruit juice). My experience with the oil itself wasn't as great, though I think it may have been to excessive amounts of thymoquinone (versus not enough).

Interestingly, it has been studied widely in the muslim world, as the prophet Mohammed was apparently quoted as saying the nigella sativa could, "cure anything, except death" (who knew Mohammed had such a sense of humor?).
ALl potentiation is enzymatic, otherwise it is just synergy!!

Here is one take on the mechanism:

Morphine and Thymoquinone (TQ) are both opioid receptor stimulating compounds although they have different pharmacological origins. Morphine is a natural opioid derivative whereas TQ is one of the main pharmacologically active compounds from Nigella sativa oils. Recently, a great deal of attention had been focused on the potential roles of TQ in opioid dependence therapy by focusing on mu-opioid receptor, a primary site of action for morphine's effects. This study was carried out to study the effects of TQ on protein expression of mu-opioid receptors mediated by chronic morphine treatment in opioid receptor expressing cell line (U87 glioblastoma cells). U87 cells was grown in tissue culture flasks with RPMI 1640 medium containing 1 mmol/L L-glutamine, supplemented with 10% (v/v) fetal bovine serum (FBS), and 1% (w/v) penicillin/streptomycin. The cell viability was assessed by the trypan blue dye and manually counted using a haemocytometer. The MTT assay was used to determine the cytotoxic effects of Morphine and TQ. The protein concentration of human mu-opioid receptor (MOR) level in the cells was determined using the Cusabio® ELISA Kit. Data obtained from this assay indicated that 35 µM morphine and 60.9 µM TQ gives maximum MOR protein concentration. Co-treatment of morphine with TQ and methadone increased the MOR protein concentration (*P < 0.05). These finding suggest that TQ could possibly reduce the tolerance and dependence at cellular level by increasing MOR protein concentration. However, it needs to be further confirmed at molecular level and in-vivo study.

Hazwani, Liyana & Mohd Adnan, Liyana & Mohamad, Nasir & Che Mat, Khairi & abu bakar, Nor & Abu Bakar, Nor & Mohd, Khamsah & Izuddin, Mohd. (2016). THE EFFECT OF THYMOQUINONE ON CONCENTRATION OF HUMAN MU-OPIOID RECEPTORS MEDIATED BY CHRONIC MORPHINE TREATMENT

Where did you find this list of contradictions bud? ??. Morphine is not an opioid nor a derivative, it is a (“One of the few”) true OPIATES, and an alkaloid of the opium plant

Well, they are referred to as opioid receptors, and there seems to be a language thing here.

The other more straightforward explanation for the tolerance reduction is simply a result of thymoquinone's activity as a L-type voltage-gated calcium channel antagonist (L-VGCC antagonist), which is associated with a reduction in opioid tolerance.

I noticed black seed oils potentiating effect to be particularly strong with kratom (perhaps since they are both calcium channel antagonists). It works with morphine too. Haven't tried it with anything else. Its cheap, so its worth a try. Seems to be good for you too, and has analgesic and mood enhancing properties.

Hey brother thank you so much for all the detail. Coca-Cola really seems to do the job as it makes it kick in quicker. Not sure if the duration is extended but first thing in the morning it definitely gets me out of bed!

I will be honest though, I am a bit overwhelmed with the best Paracodin formulation for potentiation. It is great to see all of the available options but a tad confusing. Do you have a URL I could use to purchase within the US? Also, I have heard of Alka-Seltzer really potentiating Meth but never understood the Oxy potentiation. Would it work as well or better than Nyquil? I know my drug store carries both of those so depending on your reply I will pick up whatever will make the relief last longer! Thanks so much for all the detail you fill in your posts and for helping me out so much. I really do appreciate it

If one is in a US state where Schedule V Exempt Narcotics can be sold OTC (provided one is willing to sign a dispensary log and show driving licence), or near one, it is worthwhile to look for cough syrups on that list containing the dihydrocodeine and at least two other active ingredients and provided one of those ingredients are not pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, up to a certain DHC concentration level (I think it is 10 mg per dose and 120 ml of product in a sealed bottle can be signed for every 48 hours or 72 hours down south, but not governed by the loopholes/regulations as are codeine and whole opium products ) are Schedule V rather than Schedule III (as with codeine, all analgesic formulations -- or liquid analgesics in Schedule IV, if they still are made, but Schedule III and IV are definitely prescription only.)

The same rules as codeine apply to dionine (ethylmorphine) though I have not heard of dionine products in the States for many years. Morphine products under 1‱ (1 part in 10 000, one per myriad) by dry weight were in there but I never saw anything like that at the local pharmacy -- the main Schedule V loophole was for whole opium products, the four times as much of noscapine or papaverine (but not codeine or thebaine) as any morphine with the two other active ingredients.

I remember the old days there when there were still whole opium and even hydrocodone products like the original formulation of Tussionex, which has phenyltoloxamine in it rather than chlorphenamine; the formulation change and move to Schedule III happened within one or two years of each other, the availability of phenyltoloxamine as an ingredient being the reason for the reformulation . . . and the old formula had one of the best potentiators already in it, so I would get Doan's Backache Pills or Vicks Percogesic (the OTC paracetamol-phenyltoloxamine pain reliever) take with Tussionex when I got it on prescription . . . the last whole opium Schedule V items were Donnagel PG and Parepectolin, which went on prescription -only on 1. January 1993 because of the belladonna content.

It has been many years since I saw a dihydrocodeine product analogous to 222s ior AC&C n Canada, but dihydrocodeine cough syrups may, depending on provincial and local rules, be available there as well, and probably more easily, though there are people on both sides of the border whining about that too . .

Last edited:
I have found aromatherapy to help a lot with chronic pain.
Check out essential oils.

I will have to try the nigella sativa! Others have mentioned that one to me.
Myrrh- has been talked about having some opiate effects. I have noticed it increases the effects of my medication just using it as an essential oil in an oil burner. I also use it for migraine headache, just rubbed on my temples and it does help.
The Frankincense and Myrrh combination is pretty amazing!
Peppermint oil really helps my pain noticeably.
Ylang Ylang oil sedates me and helps me sleep. I have heard it has some psychedelic (not sure if that is the right word) properties.

I have noticed the Coca Cola also helps. Taking my morning dose of MS Contin with a coke gets me out of bed also.

If one is in a US state where Schedule V Exempt Narcotics can be sold OTC (provided one is willing to sign a dispensary log and show driving licence), or near one, it is worthwhile to look for cough syrups on that list containing the dihydrocodeine and at least two other active ingredients and provided one of those ingredients are not pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, up to a certain DHC concentration level (I think it is 10 mg per dose and 120 ml of product in a sealed bottle can be signed for every 48 hours or 72 hours down south, but not governed by the loopholes/regulations as are codeine and whole opium products ) are Schedule V rather than Schedule III (as with codeine, all analgesic formulations -- or liquid analgesics in Schedule IV, if they still are made, but Schedule III and IV are definitely prescription only.)

The same rules as codeine apply to dionine (ethylmorphine) though I have not heard of dionine products in the States for many years. Morphine products under 1‱ (1 part in 10 000, one per myriad) by dry weight were in there but I never saw anything like that at the local pharmacy -- the main Schedule V loophole was for whole opium products, the four times as much of noscapine or papaverine (but not codeine or thebaine) as any morphine with the two other active ingredients.

I remember the old days there when there were still whole opium and even hydrocodone products like the original formulation of Tussionex, which has phenyltoloxamine in it rather than chlorphenamine; the formulation change and move to Schedule III happened within one or two years of each other, the availability of phenyltoloxamine as an ingredient being the reason for the reformulation . . . and the old formula had one of the best potentiators already in it, so I would get Doan's Backache Pills or Vicks Percogesic (the OTC paracetamol-phenyltoloxamine pain reliever) take with Tussionex when I got it on prescription . . . the last whole opium Schedule V items were Donnagel PG and Parepectolin, which went on prescription -only on 1. January 1993 because of the belladonna content.

It has been many years since I saw a dihydrocodeine product analogous to 222s ior AC&C n Canada, but dihydrocodeine cough syrups may, depending on provincial and local rules, be available there as well, and probably more easily, though there are people on both sides of the border whining about that too . .
When they swapped phenyltoloxamine with chlorphenamine it broke my heart. I learned about it in 1989 when boosted a bottle of tussionex off the shelf of a small California pharmacy. The bottle was different and the make was Fisons, instead of Pennwalt. My usual dose was 8 ounces. I drank it and felt nothing. (I was horribly hooked on it at the time, and had a scam too get about as much as I needed.) I drank the remaining 8 ounces and it just wasn't the same. For years I've been obsessed with learning why they changed the formula. Nicomorhinist, can you share more details?