• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids 100% Grapefruit Juice

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Wondering if this will aid in potentiating Oxycodone for pain? It does not state whether it is white grapefruit but it has pulp and is 100% juice. The side says color will vary naturally. Really hoping this helps. I have read on here that as long as it has the pulp it will work and this has tons of it

prod-grapefruit-large.png

Most likely will potentiate, but not very much. Cimetidine would work better

Yes it will increase the effects and duration. The furanocoumarins between ruby Red and White are very close.

Grapefruit juice inhibited the CYP3A4-mediated first-pass metabolism of oxycodone, decreased the formation of noroxycodone and noroxymorphone and increased that of oxymorphone.

We conclude that dietary consumption of grapefruit products may increase the concentrations and effects of oxycodone in clinical use.

I have personal experience that “pink or ruby red” was significantly less effective, and was of the long standing opinion fcm’s were 25% less across the non white fruits. I shall have another look @Jekyl Anhydride ?

As mentioned @FutureReference there are much more effective enzyme inhibitors/inducers, but here in the Uk at least many medications do have an official warning about “grapefruit juice” consumption and not specifically “white” I believe.

The stand alone king of what you are looking for, for me at least, is PREGABALIN!! Failing that Phenibut next best. Unbelievable potentiation even at low doses of 75-100mg PGN, or mid dose PBT 500-1000mg an hour prior to Oxy ir administration ymmv. Simultaneously if using in tact OxyContin. Hope this helps bud ?

So you're saying grapefruit juice helps make oxy more potent and last longer?

The manufacturer says that the grapefruit juice is a "harmonious blend of varieties" but then again I have never heard of there being a big difference in the metabolic impact wrought by the varieties from the white to pink to ruby red varieties . . .

I would take some cimetidine as well and maybe make a grapefruit-based screwdriver with vodka

I am thinking that it could be possible that pomelos could have the effect to one degree or another, as they are rather closely related to grapefruits. They generally will be the biggest citrus fruit at the grocers.

I would say fuck the grapefruit if you have some cimetidine job done Nico lol.

I think Seville Oranges contain the most furanocoumarins if I remember from study of enzymatic class.

I think Seville Oranges contain the most furanocoumarins if I remember from study of enzymatic class.

heh heh heh . . .
Here is s study on furanocoumarins in citrus:

I knew that the differences in grapefruit varieties was probably not stark, and what I am curious about would be the levels in blood oranges, and also by how much the diversity of fruits known as limes vary in the furanocoumarin levels . . . the lime most often used in cooking, beverages and the like is in fact a hybrid of the key lime and the lemon, and I have heard it referred to as the common line, Mexican lime, and Persian lime

Most likely will potentiate, but not very much. Cimetidine would work better

Ok... Please... Info really needed. How much to take with oxycontin ER? I'm in a lot of pain right now.

Weight and size and metabolism and so forth make a big difference but a middle of the road suggestion: start with a glass (250 ml) an hour before, if at all possible, then keep sipping it for the duration of the effect of the narcotic is what I have heard . . . of course drinking more couldn't hurt . . . also since it is extended release, the hour lead time may not be as important, and using it to wash down the pills will work. Anything with bubbles in it will help the oxycodone hit harder

Anything else which can be used to potentiate the oxycodone will be of help here, such as antihistamines, benzodiazepines, carisoprodol and the like

How much cimetidine?

200-800 mg at least -- I would start with 400 and see how well it works. I believe the cimetidine dose used for ulcers can go up to 1600 to 2400 or more and the prescription-strength tablets include big green 800s

200-800 mg at least -- I would start with 400 and see how well it works. I believe the cimetidine dose used for ulcers can go up to 1600 to 2400 or more and the prescription-strength tablets include big green 800s

Thank you!!! ♥️♥️♥️ I took 400 and that did nothing so I just took 400 more

Well I tried 400 and I'm not sure it did anything! I'll try 800mg here soon. And I have ER, so it there a time I should take the cimetidine? Right after I take my oxyER? Wait a few minutes?

Just to get real for a minute, if you're having to resort to grapefruit juice to make your drugs better, get better drugs...

Just to get real for a minute, if you're having to resort to grapefruit juice to make your drugs better, get better drugs...

I am prescribed 40MG of Oxycodone and do not want to resort to street drugs since most of them are cut with Fentanyl. The opioid crisis has ruined my life and I went from 80MG of Oxycontin 3x a day and 40MG of IR Opana 2x a day to 32MG Suboxone and now 6 years later here I am. I wouldn't be asking for help if I really didn't need it man. The pain makes suicide viable and even making it go away for an extra 30 minutes is fine for me.

I'm sorry if my comment seemed flippant - and it probably was. But I thought you were just trying to get more high. Unfortunately, the fact is that even if grapefruit juice made your pain meds more effective, it would only do so for a short while until you develop a tolerance. Then you're back to square one.

I wish I had an answer to your problem, but it has been created by big pharma and government, and they are the least likely to do anything to help...

I know it’s a situation you shouldn’t be in @FutureReference, but could you maybe have an updated diagnosis to booster your chances of a pain management assessment? Not sure how it works where you are.

Failing that, hows your finances? Could you buy some extra stuff online maybe? I sometimes have to say buy a box of DHC online to supplement my Oxy if I am months away from a med review and my pain has increased?

I know it’s a situation you shouldn’t be in @FutureReference, but could you maybe have an updated diagnosis to booster your chances of a pain management assessment? Not sure how it works where you are.

Failing that, hows your finances? Could you buy some extra stuff online maybe? I sometimes have to say buy a box of DHC online to supplement my Oxy if I am months away from a med review and my pain has increased?

Unfortunately in the US it has become like a warzone. While my ailments are about as serious as you can get chronic-pain wise, any dosage equivalent to or above a 90MME is reserved for terminal cancer patients. Does the DHC help you out brother? I am willing to try anything at this point man