• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids 100% Grapefruit Juice

Remind me your full daily dose again? DHC with my Oxy or in between etc has been quite effective yes, even co-codamol with it has helped tackle the deeper pain I get.

I think with you having it much better in the past, it will take some readjusting with adding whats available and maybe a couple of tricks that may work. I think the grapefruit juice you should dismiss, I know you are desperate for anything that works, but we can do better than grapefruit juice ?

A lot was made in the States of stopping the availability of unwashed poppy seeds, as I have noted elsewhere, it is political posturing and bullshit. No spices firm will, caeteris paribus, be willing to wash poppy seeds for culinary use as it renders them useless or worse . .. after some trial and error with different brands of seeds, you should be able to hack out a recipe which will both kill the pain and provide a great deal of peace of mind

Are you taking as is, or making it IR?

How do I make it instant?? Do I do that in order to make it work properly?

I was taking it as is.

I'm not doing this to try to get high. I'm doing this so I can at least get out of bed for a few minutes without crying in pain! This whole opioid shit doesn't allow us with real pain to get help at all. I'm seeing my pain doctor this week but until then...I need help.

Last edited:
Ok what's DHC? You say it helps you? I'm with the other guy... Willing to try anything that will help this life ruining pain.

Dihydrocodeine -- it is stronger than codeine and can be used for pain up to a significant dose. There is, I suppose, the possibility that DHC, like codeine, is an enzyme inhibitor in and of itself so taking both oxycodone and dihydrocodeine would help both last longer with improved serum levels and therefore effects of the oxycodone . . .

As Nico said, plus in my experience DHC (dihydrocodeine) is far far more effective for pain, especially as a secondary to a stronger opiate.

Well it'd be nice to get my hands on some but I Don't think I'll be able to just tell my doctor to Rx me some.

Does your doc have limits per drug? If so why not ask for something for breakthrough that is not Oxy? I am quite a loss to what you can do if not. Your country really have ripped up the rule book on this one.

Orphenadrine will do at least three different things that will help your pain situation by helping the oxycodone metabolically and relaxing muscles, and it has its own pain-killing effect. It is an antihistamine, a close relative of diphenhydramine and phenyltoloxamine, so helps the oxycodone that way too. It also has the mild stimulating effect from being a chemical relative as are several of the very early anti-depressants from the 1950s . . .

Dextromethorphan helps many narcotics work and can also slow down the development of tolerance. Over the counter things like the green label Alka-Seltzer Night Time Cold Medicine also are very good to take with codeine, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, dionine, nicocodeine -- there is the DXM, there is the antihistamine, there is phenylephrine to assist the oxycodone's stimulating or non-sedating effect which a lot of people have, the paracetamol or aspirin (there are also blue label versions and others which have one, the other, or both) helps with the pain, and the bubbles come from sodium bicarbonate, which can help the cimetidine and/or grapefruit juice to do their jobs.

Orphenadrine will do at least three different things that will help your pain situation by helping the oxycodone metabolically and relaxing muscles, and it has its own pain-killing effect. It is an antihistamine, a close relative of diphenhydramine and phenyltoloxamine, so helps the oxycodone that way too. It also has the mild stimulating effect from being a chemical relative as are several of the very early anti-depressants from the 1950s . . .

Dextromethorphan helps many narcotics work and can also slow down the development of tolerance. Over the counter things like the green label Alka-Seltzer Night Time Cold Medicine also are very good to take with codeine, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, dionine, nicocodeine -- there is the DXM, there is the antihistamine, there is phenylephrine to assist the oxycodone's stimulating or non-sedating effect which a lot of people have, the paracetamol or aspirin (there are also blue label versions and others which have one, the other, or both) helps with the pain, and the bubbles come from sodium bicarbonate, which can help the cimetidine and/or grapefruit juice to do their jobs.

I have noticed that Coca-Cola seems to make my Oxycodone assist managing my pain better. How would I go about getting DHC in the US? My Pain doctor is terrible but they all are an 40mg daily Oxycodone is my only option with no breakthru medication.

If DHC is not an option, what would be the best potentiatior in your eyes that would be available here? I know you are very knowledgable and I am truly at a loss. From what I have gathered the majority of people get 5-6 hours of relief from Oxy but I am struggling to get 2 hours. The grapefruit juice worked ever so slightly and extended it by maybe 30 minutes but only if I wake up in the middle of the night and drink it about 6 hours before my first dose. Thanks for all your advice man.

I have noticed that Coca-Cola seems to make my Oxycodone assist managing my pain better. How would I go about getting DHC in the US? My Pain doctor is terrible but they all are an 40mg daily Oxycodone is my only option with no breakthru medication.

Jesus Christ! Not even tramadol? The poppy seed tea option is what I hear being used the most frequently.

If DHC is not an option, what would be the best potentiatior in your eyes that would be available here? I know you are very knowledgable and I am truly at a loss. From what I have gathered the majority of people get 5-6 hours of relief from Oxy but I am struggling to get 2 hours. The grapefruit juice worked ever so slightly and extended it by maybe 30 minutes but only if I wake up in the middle of the night and drink it about 6 hours before my first dose. Thanks for all your advice man.

OTC, the Alka-Seltzer Night-Time Cold Medicine, or NyQuil (doing it with orphenadrine and hydrocodone is known, for example, as NorQuil and the sedative effect is known as Norquing out. The Rx medications will be hydroxyzine plus orphenadrine.

I would bring up with the doctor something about itching and other effects -- a shocking percentage of the doctors and nurses either have no idea about potentiation and others think people are using it to get high. Which, given that euphoria is part of analgesia, gives an idea of the rock we all are pushing up a hill . . . a classmate of mine heard me talking about drugs came over and told me that "If you drink Alka-Seltzer Night Time Cold Medicine with something in it, you will wake up high!" and she and I and about six like-minded people did the cold medicine and I did 18 ml of Codiclear DH, a single-ingredient hydrocodone bitartrate cough syrup so we woke up spooning on a sofa so my second narcotic experience feeling just like Jesus' . . well, Clark Kent and Lois Lane or the Peróns on Dilaudid to be perfectly candid, and thence started my pain relief, harm reduction, and other related careers . . . about 30 of us got interested in narcotics that spring and wondered aloud if we had a philosophy or religion based on hydrocodone and other narcotics and if it could be protected in the same fashion as the peyote folks . . . then heard about what they did to the Church of the Toad of Light people . . .

In the States, dihydrocodeine is available in Schedule III combination products: Panlor, with 16 or 32 mg (a quarter or half grain, the DHC analogue of Tylenol With Codeine Nº 2 or Nº 3 ,of dihydrocodeine, paracetamol, and I believe at least the 32 mg strength also has a modest amount of caffeine in. The orignal product, introduced in November 1948 in the USA, is Synalgos DC, of which Nº 2 and Nº 3 are what is left -- the OTC no-DHC version and Nº 1, 4, and 5 are long gone. Equivalents of Contugesic/DHC Continus/Didor/Codidol Retard and DF-118 are not available at this time. The only others of which I am aware are Panlor Cough Syrups

Last edited:
Jesus Christ! Not even tramadol? The poppy seed tea option is what I hear being used the most frequently.

OTC, the Alka-Seltzer Night-Time Cold Medicine, with NyQuil (doing it with orphenadrine and hydrocodone is known, for example, as NorQuil and the sedative effect is known as Norquing out. The Rx medications will be hydroxyzine plus orphenadrine.

I would bring up with the doctor something about itching and other effects -- a shocking percentage of the doctors and nurses either have no idea about potentiation and others think people are using it to get high. Which, given that euphoria is part of analgesia, gives an idea of the rock we all are pushing up a hill . . . a classmate of mine heard me talking about drugs came over and told me that "If you drink Alka-Seltzer Night Time Cold Medicine with something in it, you will wake up high!" and she and I and about six like-minded people did the cold medicine and I did 18 ml of Codiclear DH, a single-ingredient hydrocodone bitartrate cough syrup so we woke up spooning on a sofa so my second narcotic experience feeling just like Jesus' . . well, Clark Kent and Lois Lane or the Peróns on Dilaudid to be perfectly candid, and thence started my pain relief, harm reduction, and other related careers . . .

In the States, dihydrocodeine is available in Schedule III combination products: Panlor, with 16 or 32 mg (a quarter or half grain, the DHC analogue of Tylenol With Codeine Nº 2 or Nº 3 ,of dihydrocodeine, paracetamol, and I believe at least the 32 mg strength also has a modest amount of caffeine in. The orignal product, introduced in November 1948 in the USA, is Synalgos DC, of which Nº 2 and Nº 3 are what is left -- the OTC no-DHC version and Nº 1, 4, and 5 are long gone. Equivalents of Contugesic/DHC Continus/Didor/Codidol Retard and DF-118 are not available at this time. The only others of which I am aware are Panlor Cough Syrups

I learn more from you than anybody else. Your posts are the longest and I read every word and absorb knowledge. Do you still take opioids? I was on 80mg x 3 of Oxycontin and 40mg IR Opana x 2. Then moved to 32MG Suboxone for 5 years. Oddly enough, 10mg 4x a day of Oxycodone does manage my pain to a degree! I believe the Suboxone reset my receptors to a degree because I would never have imagined such a low dose would do anything.

It is crazy that they want to avoid patients feeling euphoria which as you stated is part of the analgesic effects of opioids! I never heard of Panlor Cough Syrups, is there any way to order them online? Idk how Tramadol falls into place but I was on Tramadol while on Butrans. Years and years ago right out of the military, alongside Norco, I was on 400mg of Tram a day (50mg x 12) and it definitely did help to a degree. Just with the 90 MG Morphine Equivalent in effect I believe the Oxycodone is all I can get. My doctor told me "the 3 last options are Morphine, Methadone or Oxy", I really don't want another long-acting drug like Methadone so chose the Oxy. If I can potentiate it to make the low dose manage pain better I will! Thanks again man. I am going to look into Panlor. And I never knew Nyquil aided Hydrocodone at all

I don't think a doctor would say drink oxy with that to make it more effective for pain but on its own grapefruit is really healthy.

Try turmeric instead.

As I said rippy it’s Dihydrocodeine. I understand you grasping for any potentiation or synergy, but I believe your chronic pain cannot rely on a dissolved Oxy in Coca Cola or half a grapefruit the night before. You deserve real pain relief it’s a disgrace.

I learn more from you than anybody else. Your posts are the longest and I read every word and absorb knowledge. Do you still take opioids? I was on 80mg x 3 of Oxycontin and 40mg IR Opana x 2. Then moved to 32MG Suboxone for 5 years. Oddly enough, 10mg 4x a day of Oxycodone does manage my pain to a degree! I believe the Suboxone reset my receptors to a degree because I would never have imagined such a low dose would do anything.

It is crazy that they want to avoid patients feeling euphoria which as you stated is part of the analgesic effects of opioids! I never heard of Panlor Cough Syrups, is there any way to order them online? Idk how Tramadol falls into place but I was on Tramadol while on Butrans. Years and years ago right out of the military, alongside Norco, I was on 400mg of Tram a day (50mg x 12) and it definitely did help to a degree. Just with the 90 MG Morphine Equivalent in effect I believe the Oxycodone is all I can get. My doctor told me "the 3 last options are Morphine, Methadone or Oxy", I really don't want another long-acting drug like Methadone so chose the Oxy. If I can potentiate it to make the low dose manage pain better I will! Thanks again man. I am going to look into Panlor. And I never knew Nyquil aided Hydrocodone at all

Online ordering of dihydrocodeine would probably allow you to net much tastier options too, like Paracodin liquid (the original 1911 pharmaceutical) , immediate-release tablets of the DF 118, and also the Paracodin tablets, up to 64 mg, extended-release tablets up to at least 128 mg (Codidol Retard. Didor Continus, Contugesic, DHC Continus and others) ampoules for IM or deep SC injection, suppositories, packets of effervescent powder, including the famous SS Bron and other "Bron" products, which is dihydrocodeine with ephedrine and phenyltoloxamine and paracetamol, usually with Vitamin C, sodium bicarbonate, Vitamin B₁, B₃, B₆, B₂, and in some preparations herbal remedies for post-nasal drip . . . There are a number of products in the Bron family with one Bron product having 40 mg dihydrocodeine per dose . . . people who go hog wild for Bron, which is OTC in Japan, have called it Speedball Alka Seltzer and so on.

The NyQuil effect on narcotics impressed me from the very beginning -- the one thing to watch out for with NyQuil mixtures with things like Vicodin, Panlor, Tylenol With Codeine is total paracetamol dose, or aspirin/ASA dose or, ibuprofen if that is the weak analgesic in the antihistamine-DXM-miscellaneous mixture.

I started out with NyQuil or the Alka-Seltzer Cold Medicine with Norflex (the orphenadrine citrate muscle relaxant, antihistamine, narcotic potentiator, and general purpose analgesic -- the hydrochloride for these indications plus Parknson's) and naproxen and Pyribenzamine (Triplennamine HCl or citrate, the Blue in Ts & Blues and Blue Velvet, the best narcotic potentiator I can think of, aside from Doriden (glutethimide) . . . this pre-load I would start taking 40 minutes before he narcotic:

Codiclear DH cough syrup, Hycodan, or Vicodin/Lortab and so forth, also Tussionex -- or alternatively Paracetamol With Codeine Nº 4, pure Codeine Hydrochloride or sulphate, phosphate, hydrobromide, hydroiodide, or tartrate tablets 32 48, and 64 mg, Synalgos DC (aspirin) or DHC Plus (paracetamol) or DF 118, Paracodin and the . . . also Percodan or Percocet, dextropropoxyphene, tramadol, and stronger narcotics, and less common ones like thebacon, nicocodeine, acedicon, and synthetics like meptazinol, ethoheptazine, and tlidine, but there really is no substitute for the morphine family of opium alkaloids and their semi-synthetic derivatives.

This was along with Adding meprobamate or carisoprodol to the narcotics was especially good, and others and myself would stir the dose of cherry-flavoured NyQuil and Codiclear DH into a glass of Coca-Cola and use that to wash down the tablets -- the "Bitchin' Cherry Coke" which was good with Pepsi, RC Cola, 7-Up, Sprite . . . all of which have a combination of carbonation and phosphoric acid and other things to get everything into the system more quickly. A lot of times I would use caffeine tablets to bring the caffeine dose up to 250 mg if needed.

Panlor Cough Syrup is apparently called J-Cof and Poly Hist DHC, and there are competitors and generics and so forth, and there is whole spectrum of syrups as with codeine, hydrocodone, DXM, and so on . . . that last one has an ethylenediamine antihistamine (pyrilamine aka mepyramine) closely related to tripelennamine . . . bringing back the old Pyribenzamine Cough Syrup with tripelennamine, dihydrocodeine, paracetamol, and ephedrine would be hell on wheels! People used to use codeine cough syrup to wash down their codeine and hydrocodone tablets and mix it with morphine and hydromorphone to shoot it up. A load of morphine + tripelennamine + orphenadrine just hit the base of my skull and it feels groovy! )

Here is a list of the dihydrocodeine cough preparations in the United States . . .

I left in the formatting because pasting it as clear text made it harder to follow

Dihydrocodeine

Important: The information below refers to products available in the United States that contain dihydrocodeine.

Product(s) containing dihydrocodeine:

Multi-ingredient medications containing dihydrocodeine:

acetaminophen/caffeine/dihydrocodeine systemic

Brand names: Trezix, Dvorah, Panlor DC, Panlor SS
Drug class(es): narcotic analgesic combinations
Acetaminophen/caffeine/dihydrocodeine systemic is used in the treatment of:
  • Pain
aspirin/caffeine/dihydrocodeine systemic

Brand names: Synalgos-DC
Drug class(es): narcotic analgesic combinations
Aspirin/caffeine/dihydrocodeine systemic is used in the treatment of:
  • Pain
brompheniramine/dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine systemic

Brand names: Centussin DHC, Poly-Tussin DHC, EndaCof-DH
Drug class(es): upper respiratory combinations
Brompheniramine/dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine systemic is used in the treatment of:
  • Cold Symptoms
  • Cough and Nasal Congestion
brompheniramine/dihydrocodeine/pseudoephedrine systemic

Brand names: J-Cof DHC
Brompheniramine/dihydrocodeine/pseudoephedrine systemic is used in the treatment of:
  • Cold Symptoms
chlorpheniramine/dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine systemic

Brand names: Novahistine DH, DiHydro-PE, Coldcough PD, Pancof-PD
Chlorpheniramine/dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine systemic is used in the treatment of:
chlorpheniramine/dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine/phenylpropanolamine systemic

chlorpheniramine/dihydrocodeine/pseudoephedrine systemic

Brand names: Coldcough Syrup, Pancof, Tricof, Hydro-Tussin DHC
Chlorpheniramine/dihydrocodeine/pseudoephedrine systemic is used in the treatment of:
dihydrocodeine/guaifenesin systemic

Brand names: J-Max DHC
Dihydrocodeine/guaifenesin systemic is used in the treatment of:
  • Cough
dihydrocodeine/guaifenesin/phenylephrine systemic

Brand names: Poly-Tussin EX Syrup, Poly Tussin EX, Donatuss DC
dihydrocodeine/guaifenesin/pseudoephedrine systemic

Brand names: DiHydro-GP, Uni-Cof Expectorant, Hydro-Tussin EXP, Pancof EXP
dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine systemic

Brand names: Alahist DHC
Dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine systemic is used in the treatment of:
  • Cold Symptoms
dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine/pyrilamine systemic

Brand names: Poly Hist DHC
Dihydrocodeine/phenylephrine/pyrilamine systemic is used in the treatment of:
  • Allergies
  • Cold Symptoms
  • Cough
  • Nasal Congestion
  • Rhinorrhea
  • Sinus Symptoms

Last edited:
Aye future, he’s like an original “Apothecary’s” inventory and history books, with all the intricate and long forgotten potions, laid out to bare for us to relish in ??

@FutureReference look into nigella sativa seed oil (black seed oil) capsules on amazon, it seems to be one of the better potentiators ive come across and seems to possess analgesic qualities of its own