• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Just to add a little bit extra, the pyrolysis products of MDPV seem to be rather unpleasant (even moreso if you have any of the batch containing 2 % pyrrolidine as an impurity). Smoking is NOT a good way to ingest this drug

They made a batch with in it! They should be SHOT, regularly. The stuff boils at 87C so under vaccum you would only have to warm it to remove it from the freebase...

Just curious - do you think taking massive (well.. a good amount) of l-tyrosine after MDPV consumption would help?

I know after heavy amphetamine use it seems like l-tyrosine taken on an empty stomach helps make people feel more "normal"..

Yeah, best to stick to tyrosine (or phenylalanine if you can't find tyrosine) as the rate limiting step is with the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase, which converts L-tyrosine to L-DOPA. Both noradrenaline and dopamine competetively inhibit this enzyme as a form of negative feesback so you dont produce too much of either of these neurotransmitters. Using L-DOPA is NOT a good idea unless you really know what you're doing as there's no rate limiting step to prevent the production of excess neurotransmitters if you go eating it. If you've ever seen a Parkinson's patient who's on too high a dose of L-DOPA it would stop you thinking about it; they have uncontrollable writhing movements from too much dopamine in the substantia nigra and generally are paranoid as hell into the bargain

this drug baffles me

it does not do one thing but make me extremely stimulated - i know i know i was expecting it, i know some about it - but no high or anything - just wired - like meth with out anything good - hmm i dont know:\

^ I'd take MDPV over meth any day. OK MDPV might not give you the feeling that you've turned into He-Man (raising sword above head and screaming 'I have the power'!), but it certainly elevates mood & keeps fatigue from bringing you to a grinding halt and with none of the 'aliens sending radio messages direct into my head' craziness of meth

Has anyone else but me noticed enhanced color perception after ahem... redosing..redosing...more dosing.... more dosing.. I notice the mild other effects, mostly colors looking brighter, sometimes crisper vision.

Seems to *only* happen when hehe i've had quite a bit / binge with it. It comes up.. goes down.. you redose.. etc.. but the color efffects seem additive / separate and last a lot longer.

Yeah having a nasal spray bottle (one i got its 0.1-0.13mL per puff) to conveniently take around in yer pocket = nice to have.

I noticed visual oddities after using about 20mg a day for 4+ days. Like the the projector screen at uni was almost too bright to look at, but looking at the blackboard next to it was clearer than usual

Maybe it's me then, it's just that even meth couldn't completely curb my appetite and amphetamine doesn't do much supressing unless it's administered in silly doses (I can disgust speed freaks by getting excited at the thought of a pizza after having the same dose as them) and equally I like sleep too much to miss more than one night's worth.

Starting to look like I am too much of a fat lazy bastard ...=D

Just wanted to say this thread was incredibly useful to me. I agree on most counts with this substance, except that personally it has not had this strong cocaine-like draw, though I've had bad cocaine and meth problems in the distant past. It seems to lose most of the euphoric aspects with repeat dosing and eventually causes more anxiety and gitteryness than anything else
probably a good thing). However, at doses under 15mg over a few hours, it is great for getting things done or staying awake when tired and going out. There is also a psychedelic-like color enhancement and crispness of the visual field, but never any psychedelic effects noted. The duration is really short, and even after 15 mg in the early evening, sleep comes before sunrise. It seems to have some prosexual effect, but my experience is that it is mild - methylone is much more forceful in that respect. It seems to mix well with everything so far, esp with a low dose of 5meoMIPT (good combo and the main reason it did not get flushed like the BZP I used to have..).
I've seen heard of quite a few people spiral into cumpulsive hell with this material already though. Addiction and compulsive use can be seen with even the nastiest intoxicants with some people. Though I have a highly addicted and drug-friendly personality, it has failed to capture my willpower and there has been ample time forr this to happen since this this material was acquired many months ago when it was first again made available. It is also still mostly unused.
The comments made by Dr. Jeckyll were especially interesting, since it seems that there was indeed some caution taken before introducing this molecule. It explains some of the origin of this molecule, and probably the adulterants in the recent batch.
In summary, this is a good workable stimulant in league with ritalin that does not offer much in the way of euphoria by itself but is useful for cleaning up the house. Nowhere near the euphoria or addictive potential that meth had for me, and were it not that I swore off amphetamines decades ago, I would pick the latter hands down.

This may elucidate the addiction potential of this compound, despite the lack of overall perceived reward.

There and Back Again: A Tale of Norepinephrine and Drug Addiction.
Weinshenker D, Schroeder JP.

1Department of Human Genetics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA.

Fueled by anatomical, electrophysiological, and pharmacological analyses of endogenous brain reward systems, norepinephrine (NE) was identified as a key mediator of both natural and drug-induced reward in the late 1960s and early 1970s. However, reward experiments from the mid-1970s that could distinguish between the noradrenergic and dopaminergic systems resulted in the prevailing view that dopamine (DA) was the primary 'reward transmitter' (a belief holding some sway still today), thereby pushing NE into the background. Most damaging to the NE hypothesis of reward were studies demonstrating that NE receptor antagonists and NE reuptake inhibitors failed to impact drug self-administration. In recent years new tools, such as genetically engineered mice, and new experimental paradigms, such as reinstatement of drug seeking following withdrawal, have propelled NE back into the awareness of addiction researchers. Of particular interest is disulfiram, an inhibitor of the NE biosynthetic enzyme dopamine beta-hydroxylase, which has demonstrated promising efficacy in the treatment of cocaine dependence in preliminary clinical trials. The purpose of this review is to synthesize the new data linking NE to critical aspects of DA signaling and drug addiction, with a focus on psychostimulants (eg, cocaine), opiates (eg, morphine), and alcohol.Neuropsychopharmacology advance online publication, 13 December 2006; doi:10.1038/sj.npp.1301263.

Of particular interest is disulfiram, an inhibitor of the NE biosynthetic enzyme dopamine beta-hydroxylase, which has demonstrated promising efficacy in the treatment of cocaine dependence in preliminary clinical trials.

Talk about harsh medicine: Not only do you bugger cocaine's activity,but the person taking it also can't have an occasional drink during moments of extreme stress

fastandbulbous said:
they have uncontrollable writhing movements from too much dopamine in the substantia nigra

Out of interest, could this occur whilst taking an SNRI such as Venlafaxine during withdrawal from alcohol or another gaba agonist?

I had very weird stuff go on and this was one of them. Medical supervision said this was not seizure activity and more like psychosomatic behaviour.

Maybe it was just me.

To add something of relevance to this thread, which I really should ...it really is an anorectic to the extend i have lost over a stone.

I asm still having trouble but am trying to source the relevant amino's and vits in the right foods.

Ie Lots of bananas, plantains stewed still with skin (Maybe the whole banana skin thing wasn't a myth ;) , have too look for the reference if needed, but more in tyrosine in the fibrous layer than the pulp) and lots of brazil nuts. B complex too obv.

Like its better to eat the orange than take the vit-c tablet.

/shuffles out of addd apologetically

Last edited:
Between a choice of meth and MDPV, I'd go for.... a chocolate bar.

I mean its like giving me a choice between phenobarbital and chloral hydrate. Come on!

To add something of relevance to this thread, which I really should ...it really is an anorectic to the extend i have lost over a stone.

Ah, but what sort of dosages are you talking about & how regular. I know I still eat fairly well on it (I suppose not exactly concisive as I can still enjoy pizza on speed) and a couple of friends who like it say that all that's happened is that they don't make as big a meal as usual. The most effective anorectics are drugs that cause dopamine efflux as well as blocking reuptake and are also have quite effective noradrenergic activity as well (the gold standard being meth, but clinically everything is compared with amphetamine), both of which MDPV scores pretty low on

Has anyone produe long-duration evergy. Swapping the stimulant followed by something to trigger to opiate binding and increase increases the effects.
Imagine THAT.

Seeing that my sexual drive has been dead for months, you people are tempting me to try that shit again! I never found it to do anything for sex drive the few times I tried it.

Perhaps if I find myself some opiate to last me for the period of the comedown, I'll let everyone how it goes..

A bit of confusion here,some say it's(MDPV) a good substitute for ritalin,for focusing and a bit of energy,others say it really boosts there sex drive.
Does the dosage or route of administation change the effects it has on someone?
What's the difference mentally and phsically between MDPV and ritalin?

Thanks.

I am so jealous of you guys. :X :X

This stuff does absolutely nothing for me except wire me out as I stated.

wish it was different :\

Status
Not open for further replies.