• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe that there are any significant interactions between MDPV and SSRI's (i.e. Lexapro) and a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (i.e. Wellbutrin). SWIM takes both of these daily and is curious about interactions.

I don't think that taking MDPV with bupropion (Wellbutrin) would be a good idea--since Wellbutrin has such a seizure risk and the epileptogenic profile of MDPV is unknown.

^intuition leads one to believe that the seizure threshold would be lowered from said coadmin.

I've heard of psychiatrists handing out bupropion with drugs such as venlafaxine (more of an SSRI and less of a SSNRI than is commonly recognized), to boost the catecholamine availablility in severely depressed patients to alleviate the malaise and other factors that are a side-effect of SSRI's such as decreased sexual performance, slower onset, lack of motivational or energy issues, etc.

However this does not relate to the thread title in that it does not consider the co-administration of MDPV with bupropion. But in conclusion it might be ok to mix MDPV with SSRI type drugs. Then again, maybe not. People have had seizures from combining ritalin with tramadol/venlafaxine - but seizures are possible from some of these drugs even if taken alone in soe individuals. Thus the question is shady with no hard/fast answer.

Ok i know my question isnt really "advanced drug discussion" but this is the only thread i could find on MDPV.
Would it show up in Drug tests?

This thread is the great monument of sneaky little bastards using clever wording to find out information about drugs they want to buy online.

Curse it all!

Yoyoman, I've tried this one twice and the second time at 10 mg I definitely noticed visual effects. The first time I tried it at 5 mg it was barely noticable, but at 10 it was pretty strong (I don't think I'll take it higher). It's very similar to ritalin, but about 4x the potency and has some unique visual properties. I particularly remember that my highlighter seemed to emblazon my notes with it's brilliant orangeness. It was almost distracting at first. The effects lasted 6-8 hours, and the after effects were similar to any dopamine-depleting drug, but <10mg shouldn't be bad.

On another note, I have no idea how people are taking this at high doses. 50 mg would be like taking 200 mg ritalin. I can almost guarantee that there is some serious pyrolysis going on with smoking it, because there is absolutely no way someone could take 100 mg orally. That could be leading to some potentially toxic byproducts as well.

Dodante, back when this stuff first appeared i was one of the first to try it out.
I discovered that the smoking route provided a bit a rush (kind of similar to crack).
So when you go smoke 5-10mg every 30min-1 hour it is pretty easy to go through 500mg really fast. (although be prepared for some serious depression the next few days).

Orally is probably the best way to take this, as smoking probably destroys some of it, smokingon the other hand does provide a little different high. Shorter acting and more intense.

oh, and ditto on the color enhancement.

So anyone know if it would test positive for amphetamines or omeything on a drug test.
School year is coming up and im looking for a good study aid. I think MDPV would be perfect but i get drug tested once a week by the state and i cant jeopardize it.

thanks alot.

Psychedelics_r_best said:
This thread is the great monument of sneaky little bastards using clever wording to find out information about drugs they want to buy online.

Curse it all!

i hope that wasnt aimed at me.
Although i am trying to find out information on drugs i can buy online i think it safer to do that than just go ahead and buy it not knowing what it does or how much to take.

I can easily see someone who doesnt know what this is taking 100+mg because he thinks it will be similar to MDMA because it is called MDPV.
Coming here and asking questions would be the right thing to do.
THIS IS A HARM REDUCTION SITE.

Anyway man, go eat some more psychedelics because you seem to have a pretty big ego.

peace1

^I thought he was referring to the fact that this thread is in ADD and is titled with the big, scary IUPAC name.

I'm still sticking by my pryolysis hypothesis. But I haven't tried it so I could be wrong. I can't imagine that smoking that much would be pleasant. And it seems like a death wish to even try.

Last edited:
Would you mind elaborating? I would think 15 mg IV would be too much.

Anything over 4-5mg IM is extremely stimulating, so unless you've developed a massive tolerance, 15mg IV would be way too much for most people. I've heard of it being used IV at 1-3mg doses (1/5th to 1/15th that mentioned above). My experience of 15-20mg rectally (by accident) without any tolerance was unpleasant to say the least

Well when I had the 15-20mg rectally, it took over 6ml of GBL to get me back to a state anywhere resembling 'normal' and usually anything in excess of 1ml of GBL knocks me out cold for a couple of hours. I did experiment by taling 1.5ml of GBL followed by 5mg of MDPV via IM and I didn't pass out in the way I usually would from that sort of dose. Have to say though that the dopamine rebound effect at about 4 hours after the GBL was much stronger than usual (dry mouth and 'pressure' of thought ie unable to control the focus of my attention

^cringe..i can picture.

'control the focus of my attention' - now there's a line to remember for all y'all ADD sufferers.

now, what were we talking about? ;-)

I read this thread a while ago and based on some posts decided to try mdpv to attempt an occasional self medication to what I assume is ADD. Now that I've tried it, my thoughts are that its almost perfect for that purpose, but not much else. I found things that normally distract me from school work lost interest to a great deal, I didn't find my homework had interest either, however doing it was not torture. When not doing homework I found I would be come quite bored despite a rather nice body high and tingling in my toes (not uncomfortable and mind numbing boredom like a comedown off yayo). I didn't lose any appetite and I could act normally, tho I was less interested in conversation than I normally am... I think this is a great drug for people who need to stop wanting to avoid work and need to focus, but I would 'never' take this recreationally

thats my 2cents for future readers in case they were thinking of taking this drug for the same purposes I did

dosing was 5mgs sniffed- and I dont think I'll be increasing it as this got the job done, however the effects may be different at higher doses

edit : I posted that two hours after I took it, I dont know if I just got used to the effects or what, but I feel less bored with things now 3 hours after (ie: they bring some positive feedback doing them) it could be that things hadn't fully picked up, or possibly just the shock of thinking so differently made me less interested in the things I usually waste time with... anyway, very mild- but the universe is definitely different than its ever been before and focus can be achieved much more easily than every other day of the week

Last edited:
I could get any effects of it until I took 40mg and then I felt horrible until it wore off. It's not fun even if it is a dopamiune reuptake inhibitor. It was not at all rushy and psychotic like with the releasers.

Smyth said:
I could get any effects of it until I took 40mg and then I felt horrible until it wore off. It's not fun even if it is a dopamiune reuptake inhibitor. It was not at all rushy and psychotic like with the releasers.

are you on any medications? do you think there may have been cross tolerance with something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.