• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
hugo24 said:
Add to my last post:if theres is really an impurity present which is toxic in these levels,all trials should be stopped with this batch.I mean 2% is 200ug,there are not many chemicals toxic in such miniscule amounts.

This whole "Parkinson's like toxicity" thing is really leaving me scratching my head over here...

I've gone over this entire thread from start to finish, and there are only two mentions of PD like symptoms in the entire thing...

Post #131 by nanotube is the first mention of this. nanotube, you claim you had PD like symptoms from your use, and you liken MDPV to MPTP. but then you go on to say that DMT and a variety of supplements later "cured" you of these symptoms. While these might be able to cure you from psycho-somatic type of effects from drug use, I have yet to see any evidence that DMT/amino acid supplements/whatever causes any change in physiology that might 'cure' neurotoxicity that manifests as PD-like symptoms (i.e. regrowth of damaged dopaminergic cells).

Also, I'd like to quote something you said back in Post #124: "too bad its all gone! shiiite, i musta smoked upwards of 500mg one night towards the end there..". People here are reporting doses in the 3-15mg range, and you're reporting that you've consumed ~50 times that amount in a single night.

The only other mention of PD-like symptoms by someone posting in this thread occured in post #140. Please read this post carefully -- the user reports PD-like symptoms, but is talking about using drugs which are NOT MDPV!.

Sure the purity of this batch might not be on par with previous batches, but the presence of a 2% impurity and nanobrain's single report of 'toxicity' manifesting as PD-like symptoms, from a period where he was consuming 500mg in a single night, and which magically go away when he takes DMT, l-phenylalanine, and B-vitamins does NOT convince me that there is something inherently toxic going on here.

thats what I suspect as well,stimulants are quite toxic if you use them in high doses,this is not a psychedelic which gives you a headfuck at the worst but leaves you sober soon afterwards.

If 500mg are toxic and the active dose is 5mg,you have a therapeutic ratio of 100.
I guess that was the reason the compound was chosen in the first place.The original patent has it with an index activity/LD50 in mice of 875 (one CH2 longer:463, the branched isopropyl: 296, the p-Tolyanalog which is sort of standard,forgot the name:231, Benzedrin 42).

As for potential by-products:the haloketon surely is toxic as hell,but reacts/degrades fast away,and will be crystallised out as well.As alternative,the patent has the appropriately substituted aminonitril resp. a carboxamid as starting material,reacting with MD-benzene (Fidel-Crafts via ketimin) resp. the grignard,hmm,with a little phantasy I can see (but still very fuzzy) some eliminatively produced MPTP like pyrrolidino-alken.Well,more to appear as a smartass...

The epoxyether route seems not a prefered one,though epoxides are toxic but will react/dissolve away.

Will report my findings re NMR etc.

marklar_the_23rd said:
with reports of an impurity in this batch i would not smoke it at all...

A question for those that have smoked MDPV in the past: Does it cause a burning irritation of the lungs? The supplier of the MDPV I had specifically warned about potential impurities, and trials with ~5mg vaporized resulted in a very disturbing burning sensation in my chest/lungs that went away after a few minutes. That route was not repeated.

I am acquiring 500mg of this substance in the next week or two, and I will be certain to make good observations of its effects, especially as compared to amphetamine and methylphenidate. Looking forward to trying this one!

I am an experianced drug user. I have been involved with "RCs" for many years. I had a previous batch of MDPV which was great. This batch from *** has some very bothering effects. Myself and another experianced RC user both used about 100mg over the course of 10 hours each. For the next 4 days our bodys had all the symptoms of being poisoned,,Kidney pain, dark urine, strong, rapid and sometimes painful heart beat, a dull headache etc etc. I let the supplier know and they got it tested and as mentioned B4 they now have a warning. I am a member of another forum thats why this is my 1st post here. I am very educated in chemistry so Im not just full of it. In small doses this is fine but in higher doses u do experiance toxic side effects. i hope they get the syntesis process right next time because very pure MDPV is a brilliant chemical and i really enjoy it. Also i can see how addictive it can be too.

1-(4-Methylphenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one is the p-Tolylanalog,its known as stimulant (Centroton,Thymergix).Has anyone ever had it?Its also called simply Pyrovaleron.

t4exanadu said:
A question for those that have smoked MDPV in the past: Does it cause a burning irritation of the lungs? The supplier of the MDPV I had specifically warned about potential impurities, and trials with ~5mg vaporized resulted in a very disturbing burning sensation in my chest/lungs that went away after a few minutes. That route was not repeated.

The one time my dog smoked it there wasnt a burning sensation, but he really didnt like the taste. No more than 4-5mg was smoked

nofx1422 said:
The one time my dog smoked it there wasnt a burning sensation, but he really didnt like the taste. No more than 4-5mg was smoked

The taste is akin to the smell of dirty socks, or maybe an unclean gym locker room. Yuck.

Im currently on a 5 day MDPV session,, consumed about 500mg over that time...
Anyway I got some about a month ago too from the same supplier. One thing it did like MDPV is suppose to do is make your lips and gums go slighty knumb like cocaine does though not as much. Well this new gram i got is apparently from the same batch however smells a little different and doesnt knumb my gums or mouth at all when i rub it on them.. I find this very strange..
I know this batch of MDPV is not right as previous batches about a year ago where a different colour, texture, odour and had less
toxic effects. I hope the vendors supplier gets it right next time cause this chemical is very good and one of my favourite RCs.

By the way i wasnt aware it could be smoked,, Whats the effects like? I only snort it or rub it on my gums.

500mg over 5 days is A LOT of MDPV, be careful. Effects are almost immediate when smoked, but I find orally the best way to consume

smoking 100mgs will do the same as eating 15mgs i found... but it leaves you with a buring sensation in some organ (i have no idea which one) and i really felt like i over did it, and i'd been poisoned. i will never smoke this again, just dont!

it turns black, bubbles and if you heat it too much it makes you gag. just dont do it.

Having a chance to compare MDPV and amphetamine almost side by side now, I must say MDPV is useless for me. I don't get anything positive from dopamine reuptake inhibitors if my experiences with cocaine and MDPV apply to the category as a whole. They sure do cause rapid loss of self control and addictive drug-seeking compulsions, but offer absolutely no euphoria, concentration, focus, or drive.

FFS, will y'all please kindly shut the fuck up about any mentions of intent to procure and / or ingest this compound please?

reports of toxicity are almost certainly from those unintentionally overdosing. initial comparison to MPTP-like emergent parkinsonism was superficial.

exercise much caution nevertheless.

Coolio said:
Having a chance to compare MDPV and amphetamine almost side by side now, I must say MDPV is useless for me. I don't get anything positive from dopamine reuptake inhibitors if my experiences with cocaine and MDPV apply to the category as a whole. They sure do cause rapid loss of self control and addictive drug-seeking compulsions, but offer absolutely no euphoria, concentration, focus, or drive.

I was on Reboxatine (a NARI) for 6 months and that gave me drive and motavation. Euphoria from DARI's wears off quickly because the dopamine systems adapts very quickly to everything. I find my focus is more dopamine related. I wish i had a normal brain sometimes!

for all that missed the previous pages, this compound has absolutely no euphoric properties.

it will be interesting to watch the unraveling of the sideffects profile in the years to come...

personally MDPV is the strongest stimulant i will take now.. I beat a 2 year meth addiction and now the stuff makes me a mess.. RCs are so underated, but thats ok,,, id hate to see people overdosing on them. Each to there own i guess

Ive experianced a little euphoria taking it 3-4 days in a row, well a feeling of well-being at least, which is not common for me. Though this doesnt seem to be a regular thing, just comes and goes every couple of days when taking it

Data is here.HPLC looks perfect,no impurity present,the UV spectra does not alter from peakend to peakstart.But the NMR shows an impurity present (about 10mol% ),I have a hard time guessing what it could be.Pyrrolidine is very possible but the patterns do not add up,although some peaks are probably hidden under the other stuff making it difficult to interpret.

The impurity lacks the aromat but has still something "aminic".I'm trying to do TLC now to at least rule out the pyrroldidine.

If you're interested in the spectras you can PM me your emailadress (I think pdf's don't work in the PM section)

Wasted_Youth_HHT, do you realize how large your doses of MDPV are? 100mg in a day? 500mg in 5 days? No wonder you're experiencing toxic symptoms! On the rare occasion that I take this substance, I use 5-10mg orally before work and enjoy the effects, primarily getting utility out of them but also some pleasure, and the comedown is unnoticeable. It leaves my body like an opiate or marijuana - that is, I'm feeling it, I'm feeling it, I'm feeling it, and oh, it's gone and I'm back to normal at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.