• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i didnt just dive in at 40mg. But at the lower doses I was annoyed that this compound was not delivering desirable effects. Eventually I lost my patience and over indulged thinking that the last few times I had simply underdosed. I got effects very similar to what F&B described. There was definately hyper tension and the the only word to describe it is 'innocuous'. My advise is for people not to take this compound because regardless of the in vitro data, it really is not a fun or worthwhile stimulant.

I actually prefer it to amphetamine for most purposes as it doesn't produce 'cloudy thinking' the way that say amphetamines & cocaine do. OK it's not as euphoric as either of those, but I found that the lower doses did produce a feeling of satisfaction at getting work completed. It is very subtle in it's effects so that the first couple of times you might start to think that it's not up to much at all - if you want your euphoria to come up and smack you in the face then this isn't the drug for you.

That sounds perfect for me, I love the productivity induced by amphetamines but hate the euphoria (also the subsequent crash, but we'll see if that happens at all). Much more looking for a motivator than a drug!

As long as you don't overdo it by taking it in a speedfreak sort of dosing regieme, it has virtually no side effects or noticable comedown depression etc. Overdo it and it will make you suffer the torments of hell!

Personally i think MDPV is a wicked chemical. It is more desirable to me than meth as it doesnt scatter me out and i find i can sleep on it if i lay down and channel out. This chemical definately would be good for people with ADD or ADHD. pity the place where i get it is outta stock at the moment.

Why doesn't the medical companies start producing this if it's so good for ADD/ADHD?

Patents - there's no real money to be madd unless you hold the patent on the drug (in other words, avarice pure & simple!)

hheh. the medical utility is outweighed by far, by the, well - all y'all who've tried, know by now.

hence, do not pass go, do not collect $200, straight off to the scheduled list if loose lips will still insist on sinking ships

fastandbulbous said:
Patents - there's no real money to be madd unless you hold the patent on the drug (in other words, avarice pure & simple!)

I was gonna say this but then it occured to me that plenty of drugs no longer on patent are still being prescribed. While the corporate leaders obide by this value system it seems like the little guys actively persue drugs no longer on patent to save on R&D costs.

This stuff is definitely shit compared to amphetamine for ADD.

^^^ I'd be inclined to agree. I don't have ADD, but periodically use low-dose d-amphetamine as a study aid. I find (at low doses anyways) amphetamine results in significantly more mental clarity and focus than a comparable dose of MDPV. MDPV does seem to produce less peripheral stimulation however.

In terms of recreational use, I'd probably pick MDPV over d-amphetamine though.

I find (at low doses anyways) amphetamine results in significantly more mental clarity and focus than a comparable dose of MDPV.

I find the complete opposite to be true. Amphetamine, whether d-isomer or racaemic always feels more fuzzy due to the euphoria being a distraction (I end up thinking more about the music I want to listen to rather than the work/problem at hand); MDPV allows me to focus more as it's less euphoric in comparable small doses. The only problem is that there's an ill defined theshold for me with MDPV wher if I exceed it (but not so large as to produce the unpleasant sympathetic effects), all I can think about is sex. While distracting most of the time, the aphrodisiac qualities do have their place!

I think it's a case of different strokes for different folks. Methylphenidate works better than amphetamine for some, and amphetamine works better than methylphenidate for others. I think MDPV is probably better recreationally than methylphenidate, but it's probably got too many unwanted side effects for people who prefer methylphenidate to amphetamine to want to use it for ADD/studying.

MDPV combos?

Anyone had any successful combos with MDPV?

I do know that it may not be the safest of drugs, and this is why so far I have not combined it with anything except alcohol and cannabis.

Has anyone combined it with MDMA or methylone?
Or with a 2C or a tryptamine perhaps?

I'm curious!

^ I started out an afternoon with 20mg 4-ho-mipt, redosed another 20mg about at t + 3:00 then dosed 2 strong blotters of LSD about 3 hours later. Probably five hours into the LSD I dosed an unmeasured but based on eyeballing it out somewhere in the range 10-20 mg's MDPV. The MDPV had it's expected effect, nothing out of the ordinary, no headache or shakes or other strange symptoms, seemed to be a "safe" combo. Safe as in it didn't give me any apparent brain damage or other bodily harm.

Probably pretty far from safe in reality though.

I guess I should clarify that I had a little bit more certainty in the dose of MDPV than just eyeballing it while on acid, I had a known quantity of MDPV that I had been dosing from for about a week and then finished the bag with that eyeballed dose, so I had at least some idea of what should have been left in the bag.

MikeyFlowers said:
Probably pretty far from safe in reality though.

It probably was pretty safe, unless MDPV possesses some sort of neurotoxic component (I don't think it does). 4-HO-MiPT and LSD mostly work at serotonin receptors, whereas MDPV works at dopamine/norepinephrine.

Ximot said:

If you give me a kilogram of MDPV and free MDMA and Methylone, and paid me a million dollars on top of that, I still wouldn't DARE try it!!

Good luck for whoever decides to do so, and I'd be very interested to hear what happens to their moods the following week :\

/\ I have used 4-FA and methylone together... well, 4-FA followed by methylone 3 hours later. That was all right, I felt fine afterwards. MDMA and methylone together, however, made me about as miserable as I could possibly have been.

--

I had a tiny taste of MDPV this afternoon... trial no.4 or 5 altogether with this drug. 1-2mg smoked and then about 2 or 3 more later, under 5mg total.

Much more focus, and a mild moodlift, but also an astounding lack of euphoria, hence I don't expect any serious mood-comedown either. Found it to be fabulous at this level for some pattern programming on my drum machine. Sharp and clear, without me getting carried away on cloud 9... though music does sound a tad better. when it wore off I suddenly found the same music I had liked earlier to be a bit unnerving... in that respect MDPV is like all stimulants... including methylone. Except that the musical enhancement is much subtler and cognitive as much as appreciative, which is nice.

I can sense, though, that MDPV - like all stimulants I have ever used - would probably turn sour on me if I used it too regularly or if I kept redosing when I take it. But modest doses are really quite nice and no more stimulating than nootropics for me.

Ximot said:
Anyone had any successful combos with MDPV?

I do know that it may not be the safest of drugs, and this is why so far I have not combined it with anything except alcohol and cannabis.

Or with a 2C or a tryptamine perhaps?

I'm curious!

yeah i overdone the mdpv and had that extreem anxiousness that overdoing it brings so i took a pill (mdma supposedly), and felt a lot better. Not off chops but just closer to baseline, and happy, much better than being totally strung out how i was ...

Status
Not open for further replies.