• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ 😃 LAVA Chit-Chat Thread! 🤪

Did you know how many steps were on every single staircase within your college of choice? God damn, I probably had 70 numbers memorized. But I'd still count them each time to be sure.

I have a few weird habits like that

For example, whenever someone gives me a phone number or writes us a check, I'll either try to factor the check/phone number or tell the person, "hey, did you know your ch #1855 was the year Gauss died?"

"Who the fuck is Gauss???"

"nm"

And sometimes, I will adjust the pricing of a bid, so that the total comes out to something like $1,234.56

If I look at the corner of a room (up top), I'll imagine a laser coming from my eyes onto that area, and imagine how it would reflect about the room.

^that reminds me of that old puzzle, where you have to find the shortest distance an ant on the ceiling would have to travel to get to a point on a side wall.

^another "bizzare" thing I did was take pictures of the campus, to determine exactly where Bill Murray walked in Ghostbusters.

10672624.png

Hey. That "need a spot" could easily be changed to "Puzzle Master", the title I've been trying to get lately...BRB...

Its the first time my s/n has been in a thread title! Thanks RR <3, you are a good gift giver ;).

There. Now anyone with a sufficiently strong magnifying glass will know that I am the great Puzzle Master...

How do I unfuck the size?

I made it with MS Paint. I tried "stretching" (by up to 300%), but the BL display is still small.

Let
x_0 = 0 = 00000000000000000

be the binary expression for when all houses are white. And let C be the third painter.

Then C(x_0) = 11011111111111111 = 2^17 - 1 - 2^14.

Then the isomorphic image of C in the integers mod 2^17 - 1 under addition* is 2^17 - 1 - 2^14, or simply C(x_0 = 0).

I can show that for all A & B in the {All 17 Painter Permutations}, AB(x) = BA(x).

I wonder if there is some way to show how {All 17 Painter Permutations} generates Z mod 2^17 - 1...

*So strange that addition should be the isomorphic function...

Last edited: