• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

No, what's ignorant is blaming the drug for people's actions. You can't say heroin isn't a fun high, it's quite fun.
And anyone that dies using heroin gets their thoughtless careless genes removed from the pool, so no harm there. I don't see what "prostitution, misery, pain, separation" has to do with heroin at all.

No I don't say heroin and its high is not fun, I just don't encourage people to try it. That's what this thread is all about. Why should you try heroin knowing that this will not be good for you. I wish I had read this thread before I tried it.

If you have to ask if you should try heroin, then there must be something inside you that deep down realizes that it is probably not a good idea... I've been an addict for 17 years and I wish I could go back in time and slap the shit outta my 15-year old self for thinking of how cool it was, I can be like Layne and Kurt and be a junkie!
I will promise you that heroin will turn you into a selfish dirtbag pretty quickly, you'll probably find yourself in situations and doing things you never imagined yourself doing, losing everything and everyone you care about, and waking up every morning to do it all over again. I was sober almost 5 years and now find myself right back in the same bullshit situation I fought so hard to get away from....And when I put the needle in my arm the first time in years I knew it was going to be the end of all I had worked so hard to gain but I didn't even care. That's why I wouldn't go anywhere near the shit if I was you, but sometimes you just gotta learn the hard way....Good luck

Thanks for sharing. I am sorry to hear you relapsed, most of us do and it's part of the process. I hope you try again, I am sober now but I did relapse so many times. Getting sober for 5 years shows how strong you are. You have to try to get that momentum back to your life. I know how difficult it is to get back to square one but you know how freedom tastes. From experience I guess we all need to quit at some point either because we want to or out of despais from things we do.

Don't wait until things get so bitter and sad. Try it again. Who knows.
Wish you the best! Take care :)

If you have to ask if you should try heroin, then there must be something inside you that deep down realizes that it is probably not a good idea
I will promise you that heroin will turn you into a selfish dirtbag pretty quickly
If you find yourself acting like a "selfish dirtbag" after using heroin, then there must be something inside you that deep down realizes that you had selfish dirtbag tendencies all along.

Yet another example of people justifying their actions because they were addicted. Blaming an inanimate drug for one's voluntary actions.

I'm not disagreeing with the part that heroin is addictive and dangerous, but it's like you flip a switch in your brain that takes away your self control.

My justification for using was 'if I'm not on it, chances are I'm going to kill myself' - it seemed like the better alternative. Truth is, I'd convinced myself it was the only way I could get through life from then on, so then my options were either kill myself / stay on smack / try and get help when I wasn't even ready to stop.

I think for some there just comes a time when enough destruction is enough.

If it were completely regulated, pure, no criminal element, not illegal etc then I'd say sure you're entitled, it's your life - you'll avoid 90% of the shit that comes with heroin addiction as it is currently under prohibition - but until then, fuck it, there's always codeine if you're that desperate, and it's cheaper, you probably won't die, and won't have to deal with as much seedy underworld.

Even when anthrax spores were doing the rounds in the H in my area, I still went out and bought on the street, because that was my mentality - we're all gonna die, fuck it if it happens tomorrow, I wish it would already.

It took a HUGE shift in my perspective to finally see what I was doing to myself, the people around me and what really mattered to me in life, where I would end up if I kept using the way I had been.

Whatever trauma you've got, can be dealt with in other ways. That shouldn't be your reason, but hey, if you can afford it, it doesn't ruin your life to any degree, you trust your sources, you know how to practice HR, use sterile ROAs etc then yeah you're informed and less likely to suffer. But you probably will still feel isolated and shit about yourself.

What is there to gain besides a letter in the post telling you you're going to wake up sick the next morning, again.

We can think of of a lot of ideas that would make the useb of H less harmful and few countries actuality did to some great extent. The thought of being imprisioned by the constant and daily need to use, or to think of heroin is overwhelming as you end up making your life being shaped by this almost instinctive need of going to some place warm and peaceful where everything is fine. This is not limited to a specific period of your life but it sticks to memory and follow your like a shadow you can't get away from.

So I've used blue light my whole life but just now made an account. So this is my first reply/posting!

Anyways, I started doing heroin a year ago. I started using opiates of course when I began with percs. But my spiral into opiate addiction happened rather quickly. Within a month of trying opiates I was snorting up 150 mg of Roxicodone daily. That became to expensive so I turned to heroin. Luckily I had a close friend who sold for ten + years so I trusted him. I started by buying a point and got pretty sick. I tried it on and off a few times and would always go back to pills, then one day it just felt right. Now 8 months later, I snort two grams of H daily. If I do not get any dope, I go into full blown withdrawals. I am a 21 year old female (5'8, 123 pounds) and I do more dope than my 35 year old male dealer. Be prepared in knowing that being a heroin addict is a full time job.

Anyways super excited to be on here now!!

Wish you the best with your adventures! Be safe!

Welcome back NoddingBlond! :)
I agree, being a heroin user seems like a full time job. Nicely put.
Hope you find your way back to a 'eventual freelancer' job, so to speak.
You know we can help you!
Take care!

^ Please don't kill yourself, get help, like an addiction professional, maybe get on methadone/bupe, go to a psychiatrist, check out The Dark Side etc.

I'm a functional junkie. I work a full time job, same job a year in...never called off, been late twice.
Never had a criminal record. You'd never be able to tell from the outside I am an addict.

I have 3 family members that I score and do drugs with, sad to say. It's really my aunt who was so anti needle that got me into IV after she did. Not to follow her, just a bonding experience, I guess.

If I could go back I would have never, ever started doing H. Of course it started off with pain pills and graduated to H when I could get a G for what I was paying for 3 pills.

Anyway, just because I'm functional doesn't mean I'm not tired because I am. So much $ spent. So much time wasted.

If I can encourage anyone NOT to do H, I'd do it in a flash. You'll never achieve that 1st rush again nor will you have anything to show for your hard work.

^ Please don't kill yourself, get help, like an addiction professional, maybe get on methadone/bupe, go to a psychiatrist, check out The Dark Side etc.

For sure! I hope OP comes back so we can be more helpful. There was hope in that message, willingness even though the 'other side' also has a strong voice.

I'm a functional junkie. I work a full time job, same job a year in...never called off, been late twice.
Never had a criminal record. You'd never be able to tell from the outside I am an addict.

I have 3 family members that I score and do drugs with, sad to say. It's really my aunt who was so anti needle that got me into IV after she did. Not to follow her, just a bonding experience, I guess.

If I could go back I would have never, ever started doing H. Of course it started off with pain pills and graduated to H when I could get a G for what I was paying for 3 pills.

Anyway, just because I'm functional doesn't mean I'm not tired because I am. So much $ spent. So much time wasted.

If I can encourage anyone NOT to do H, I'd do it in a flash. You'll never achieve that 1st rush again nor will you have anything to show for your hard work.

I used to be functional on H but mostly from other even stronger opiates due to a physical problem I had. And my life was 'great', but looking back people knew I was different but that wasn't the problem. It all starts with a bit of tolerance here, the constant need of getting the next dose and the fear of not having it. The eventual withdrawals. At some point I realized I couldn't live in these two different worlds for too long. That's when I started focusing on getting off.

You are are so right though. If you have a chance of not trying it, especially H. I say this because the odds of having physical problems, ODs are greater with heroin. The tolerance is super fast and we rely on people that are by far those we wanted to be the saviours of our next good day - so to speak. I also have seen people I really cared dying and they weren't even in that rock bottom phase, it was a tragic accident and it touched me somehow.

Some of the people who were on a constantly need for the next fix that it blinded them from seeing others who cared and are tired of having hopes. It's not good. We seek for an utopic peace that simply doesn't exist. There's a lot of suffering.

Last edited:
If you wanna lose your family,children,wife,every last penny,your freedom and your dignity and maybe your life then yeah go ahead try it.. leave it to the fools

You do what you want just remember there is no going back and u will be on the needle before u know it. Remember I said that cause u are prob. Saying no not me. But u will be

That's what normally happens and some people think they are okay with that because they haven't gone all the way. From what I have seen it's always a matter of timing and perspective. Like Russian Roulette.

If you find yourself acting like a "selfish dirtbag" after using heroin, then there must be something inside you that deep down realizes that you had selfish dirtbag tendencies all along.

Yet another example of people justifying their actions because they were addicted. Blaming an inanimate drug for one's voluntary actions.

I'm not disagreeing with the part that heroin is addictive and dangerous, but it's like you flip a switch in your brain that takes away your self control.

EVERYONE has 'some selfish tendencies.' Under the habitual conditioning of addiction, the mind puts itself under intense pressure to repeat reward-seeking behaviour. That intense pressure undermines and erodes the experience of 'free choice' itself. An addict does not have the privilege of freedom of choice or dispassionate self-assessment that a non-addict takes for granted.

I'm not saying choice is totally unavailable, but to project the sober mindset onto the addict and suggest they are not different is a misrepresentation. It is not blaming an inanimate thing, it's not blaming the drug. It's just noticing that there are important subjective differences about the state of mind, the most powerful of which come from long term conditioning.

Well said, I agree... A show I was watching not long ago had a guy who summed it up quite nicely when he said, "There's a lot of shit that I will do for a bag of dope that I won't do for an egg McMuffin."