• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

Not quite sure why you would want to sterilize your lubeshooter, Knockando, but hey.

Only because it's been up my arse. But admittedly I've just been washing my syringes in soapy water so it's a fair criticism.

I didn't mention before but I was annoyed that the "three lube shooters" I ordered were in fact three lube shooter barrels and one single plunger, which deformed in the boiling, so I now have two barrels and no plunger.

So I've read this entire thread and keep getting different messages. I have some basic questions that I guess should just be asked here.

1. For Roxies, it seems like whether you eat them, snort them or plug them it's no different (except maybe the quicker onset does pluggin roxies provide the same feeling as eating them because if that's the case popping them might just be easier than plugging)

2. For Morphine it seems like the ROA (with the exception of IV or IM) are all the same as well.

3. For hydromorphone it seems the best way is to plug it, as orally nothing really gets absorbed and nasally is a bit better but it does seem as if plugging might be the best way.

Thanks all for your input!

Only because it's been up my arse. But admittedly I've just been washing my syringes in soapy water so it's a fair criticism.

I didn't mention before but I was annoyed that the "three lube shooters" I ordered were in fact three lube shooter barrels and one single plunger, which deformed in the boiling, so I now have two barrels and no plunger.

Yes I know the problem with the three lube shooter scam. It sucks. I think soapy water is fine for washing your lubeshooters, it's not as if you're putting them in a sterile place or that you are sharing them with others, is it?

I stopped taking my 90 mg dose of methadone one week ago. I am in full withdrawal and feel awful, shitting and sneezing like mad. I have 20 morphine es 15 mg and have plugged 12 of them 30 mins ago. I feel nothing close to a high. Should I plug the rest right now or is it useless? I'm craving a buzz Sooo bad right now!

I am not sure that for plugging either of those matters much as far as temperature goes, as long as the medication disolves fully in the water or whatever you are using to plug it. Although I have plugged hydromorphone before with warmer temps as I have found that the warmer water (I sometimes use saline as I find it's much easier to absorb) however I have personally found snorting hydromorphone gives a better high and also by passes FPM when done in smaller doses as it gets absorbed directly into the blood from the nasal and sinus mucus membrains. If you snort to much then a bunch will drip into the stomach and then you lose the benefit of avoiding FPM. That being said, I only snort it as well because it has far less binders that can damage the membrains of the nose unlike many other drugs. Dilaudid is mostly pure drug.

I've generally avoided "plugging" as in my circle it as always referred to simply crushing the pill, inserting into a water soluble capsule and then inserting that.

What is the benefit of firstly dissolving the chemical? Does it simply increase the rate of absorption and reduce the discomfort (besides the "lying on your side for five minutes afterward") or are there other gains?

I've generally avoided "plugging" as in my circle it as always referred to simply crushing the pill, inserting into a water soluble capsule and then inserting that.

What is the benefit of firstly dissolving the chemical? Does it simply increase the rate of absorption and reduce the discomfort (besides the "lying on your side for five minutes afterward") or are there other gains?

the drug must be dissolved in something to be absorbed. if you just put powder up your bum it will have to dissolve in your body's own moisture so will take longer and may not fully complete before you go to the toilet.

I don't find it necessary to lie on my side for any length of time.

I plug my meds every time and with no pain or the feeling I gotta go to the loo now but when I got on demerol yesterday this is a whole different ballgame for me. I cannot bear the pain it causes. I deal with my opiate bowel problems with a purdy pink hot water bottle hanging in the bathroom. I also have ibs which makes my digestion much slower.

the drug must be dissolved in something to be absorbed. if you just put powder up your bum it will have to dissolve in your body's own moisture so will take longer and may not fully complete before you go to the toilet.

I don't find it necessary to lie on my side for any length of time.

Well S knockando stated, the idea of mixing the crushed meds in dome kind of fluid, I like to to use saline as it absorbs much faster, is so that the body will absorb it. If a crushed pill it put up your rear with it not having been dissolved first its likely to sit there until you "have to go" unless it is a water soluble drug in which case some may get absorbed but certainly not all of it.

As gi the laying on the side bit that's for making sure it doesn't leak out I.believe but Im not 100% sure since I've only tried it twice and didn't find the reaction and better then snorting it, but I digress as I accidents went off topic there. Sorry :)

Take Desoxyn, for example. The active, desired material in a 5mg tablet of dextro-methamphetamine is - you got it - the 5mg of dextromethamphetamine hydrochloride. d-methamp HCl is soluble in water, but most of the binders in the pill are not. Therefore, if you pre-dissolve the d-methamp in water, draw it up into a needleless syringe and inject it that way, the d-methamp HCl now has a "vehicle" of sorts with which to travel around to the various mucosal membrane areas in your rectum that are capable of transporting d-methamp HCl from your rectal cavity directly into the bloodstream via the membrane tissue.

As others have said, it's extremely impractical to just stick a pill up there - there isn't enough liquid/moisture to thoroughly dissolve the pill (which is what you'd want if you wanted to get all 5mg out) and even if you pre-crushed the pill, stuck it in a gelcap and stuck that up there, it would dissolve but it would take far longer and there wouldn't be that 5-10ml of water to 'ferry' the methamphetamine molecules, now dissolved in something aqueous, to greater surface areas for easier absorption.

It's really precisely the same mechanics as taking something sublingually or insufflating, which is why I tend to let a drop of water suspend from my fingertip before lightly snorting it after I've insufflated something that I'd like to fully transport across my nasal membranes.

So get insane in the membrane - mix your shit with water!
=D
~ vaya

As gi the laying on the side bit that's for making sure it doesn't leak out I.believe but Im not 100% sure since I've only tried it twice and didn't find the reaction and better then snorting it, but I digress as I accidents went off topic there. Sorry :)

:) It's the human body, man - as a species, we'd better damn well get comfortable talking about it sooner or later. This isn't Victorian England anymore!
I tend to designate five minutes on my left side, as the curvature of the human rectum is deeper on the left, rather than the right, side. Therefore, if you want to conceptualize either side of your rectum as being a 'bowl' within which the material is pooled and allowed to absorb, your left side will have the deeper "bowl" (for our purposes), allowing for less of a chance that it will either A.) leak out from whence it came or B.) head up into your lower colon where you are woefully without mucous membranes to absorb it.

Anyway, that's what I do. Live and let plug!

~ vaya

You know, i never saw the use in plugging. The one time i did, i plugged 2 lortab 5's and felt almost nothing. Does it just not work for some people?

What about OTC Allergy meds? Like Benedryl, or motion sickness OTC like Dramamine? They are ones that arnt reccomended to ever bump, so I dont wanna assume they arnt good for plugging. What about DXM and such? All of these OTC's arnt too water soluble, but are well absorbed fast in the stomach, so they cross into the bloodstream quick enough for me. I have another thread discussing what OTC things are ok for me to plug, to avoid a potential stomach issue I have. Sometimes I just wanna trip - but worse case, I have to wait out my stomch issue and stay sober, oh well - There is always next week haha

I'll be plugging hydromorphone for the first time later this week, so wish me luck. I've manufactured a plugging "rig" out of an oral syringe and the tube from the inside of a windex bottle (got the idea from a post earlier in this thread). The fit of the tube into the nipple-end of the syringe is perfect and I've further secured the press-fit of the tube into the syringe with a few dabs of loctite. I left all 13 or so inches of windex tube, uncut/unaltered, so that I can cut it to the appropriate length after I get advice from you good people.

Question: how far into the rectum does one have to insert said tube?

I've read almost the entire thread, and I've read that inserting anywhere from 2-5 inches will bring the desired results. Well... Is there a happy medium in this regards? 2 inches doesn't seem quite long enough, but 5 inches seems a bit too much. I've never put anything up there before (I've always used it as an exit only) but looking at 5 inches of thin tubing, and imagining inserting it... I don't know about you, but it looks to me like it's a bit excessive. 2-3 inches looks like it'll be comfortable enough, but 4-5 inches seems a bit too much.

Any guidance in this department would be greatly appreciated.

I've been eating my Dilaudid Rx for the last 2 years, and after reading through all the posts, it appears that I've not really been getting my "money's worth", so to speak (as to BA orally, is so low).

I get an Oxymorphone Rx at the same time (Opana), so I'm hoping I can do the same with it. Is plugging Opana worth it, or is the BA orally just as good? Haven't heard much mention of Opana on here, so maybe you good folks can shed some light...

BS

I've manufactured a plugging "rig" out of an oral syringe and the tube from the inside of a windex bottle (got the idea from a post earlier in this thread). The fit of the tube into the nipple-end of the syringe is perfect and I've further secured the press-fit of the tube into the syringe with a few dabs of loctite. I left all 13 or so inches of windex tube, uncut/unaltered, so that I can cut it to the appropriate length after I get advice from you good people.

Question: how far into the rectum does one have to insert said tube?

I've read almost the entire thread, and I've read that inserting anywhere from 2-5 inches will bring the desired results. Well... Is there a happy medium in this regards? 2 inches doesn't seem quite long enough, but 5 inches seems a bit too much. I've never put anything up there before (I've always used it as an exit only) but looking at 5 inches of thin tubing, and imagining inserting it... I don't know about you, but it looks to me like it's a bit excessive. 2-3 inches looks like it'll be comfortable enough, but 4-5 inches seems a bit too much.

I don't attach anything to my syringes. I insert the syringe barrel into my rectum. My syringes are a bit over 1/2 an inch diameter and 2 1/2 inches long (5ml syringes). This size is comfortable for my rectum, which has also only seen "outbound traffic", other than plugging. I need to lubricate it a bit, that's all. It goes in pretty much up to the hilt. I cut the nipple off so as to avoid discomfort.

So I don't see the need for this tubing, but if you're going to use it, cut it 3 inches.

I hope it's firmly attached, don't want to be losing stuff up there!

Have skimmed thru the thread and seen benzos touched on, sorry if it already been covered but my question refers in piticular to alprozam, is it worth plugging being non water soluble?
Also curious would 300 odd mgs of tramadol be worth plugging to an occasional but seasoned op8 user whos tollerence is down?