• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

Could you please explain why ?

Because it is basically MOTOR OIL. LOL Seriously, there are plenty of other lubricants out there. Some people can develop an allergy. Also depending on what equipment you are using, petroleum tends to degrade rubber products. If that is all you have, or you are a 'one-and-doner', then go ahead, but even olive oil would be a better choice than that of PJ.

Neepanoid

Some people can develop an allergy.
I wouldn't be so assertive, I heard it's very rare. I did a quick search on Internet, and I didn't see a lot of cases.

Many others lubricant can have potential allergic component.

cotton fever is when a tiny strand of cotton gets into your bloodstream, and causes infection/reaction. there is no cotton involved, and your not going directly into your bloodstream, and if you were, then it would be called IV, not plugged.. cotton fever is usually from IV
Not a tiny strand of cotton but a toxin created by bacteria which live in cotton. Getting tiny strands of cotton, like any insoluble, would not be good though and might cause a reaction as well.

plugged.jpg

Saying "80% is wasted past this point is a little misleading as it is only relevant to drugs which have 20% BA after first pass metabolism. Something which shows the hepatic portal vein system might be applicable to more people and just illustrate the concept for users to understand.

edit:
Something like this.
HepaticSystem.jpg

edit2:
A list of substances which undergo extensive presystemic metabolism, as well as their relevant rectal bioavailability, would be handy for the first post . Unfortunately unlike nasal administration (the most similar ROA to rectal) rectal BAs are much more variable due to fecal matter and even pH of the rectum. For example morphine which undergoes extensive first past would theoretically be much better plugged but experiments have shown it equal to oral unless in an alkaline environment when it jumps up.

Rectal absorption of morphine was dependent on pH, which could be explained as being due to pH partitioning. The absorption rate and bioavailability could be greatly improved, as compared to orally administered morphine, by adjusting the pH. It was concluded that a rectal solution adjusted to pH 7 to 8 provided an entirely adequate dosage form.

(See attached pictures for figures)

Source:
Drastic improvement in the rectal absorption profile of morphine in man
F. Moolenaar, J. P. Yska, J. Visser and D. K. F. Meijer
European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 29, Number 1, 119-121, DOI: 10.1007/BF00547380
http://www.springerlink.com/content/j606n384v5746640/

Attachments

• Rectal Morphine Graph.png
    Rectal Morphine Graph.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 372
  • Rectal Morphine Table.png
    Rectal Morphine Table.png
    260.1 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
YOUR ALLL GAAYYYY

JK JK

I kid I kid

Seems like an effective administration method but I prefer just to take pills orally rather then go through all this. I would be hesitant with plugging street drugs though although this goes without saying for most methods of administration. No body wants rat poison and lighter fluid up the ass. A major drawback to this (unless i'm wrong) might be sanitation. If you don't know what is in the street drug how can you be sure it won't cause an infection or something. It might be almost as bad as putting money up there. Of course I could be wrong.

Last edited:
^Actually it's "YOU'RE ALL GAAYYYY" ;)

Infection is an issue but remember the primary purpose behind promoting plugging is as an alternative to injection. A little unnatural bacteria up the ass is chicken feed compared to directly into your blood vessels.

Something which shows the hepatic portal vein system might be applicable to more people and just illustrate the concept for users to understand.

edit:
Something like this.
HepaticSystem.jpg

So, how would something like oxycodone be metabolized if first-pass metabolism is skipped? Does it just eventually get to the liver and is metabolized there and it's just that plugging gets it in the bloodstream faster?

If that's the case then potentiation by blocking liver enzymes would still work for plugging, correct?

Well oxycodone is very good taken orally already and the advantage of plugging would be on faster come up and therefore a higher peak concentration.

So, how would something like oxycodone be metabolized if first-pass metabolism is skipped? Does it just eventually get to the liver and is metabolized there and it's just that plugging gets it in the bloodstream faster?
It starts by going directly into the blood stream (like snorting) and then passes through the liver every so often during normal circulation.

If that's the case then potentiation by blocking liver enzymes would still work for plugging, correct?
Inhibiting the liver enzymes which break down a substance will still be effective whether the substance is taken orally or plugged. However they have much more of an effect when the drug is administered orally because it is processed by the liver so much more and earlier. Depending on how fast the rectal absorption is the inhibitors may just extended your high and not make you any higher as they would by limiting first pass and letting more get into your system.

plugging tar

plugged.jpg

not really a tar specific question

but a general plugging question

ive been reading up on it and it sounds like a great way to dose

but im nervous about this picture saying youll waste it if it goes up a certain point

how do i stop it from going up

lay on my right

my left?

Thanks!

What about how fatty meals increase the effect of opiates?

(i.e. from the OC info: However, the peak plasma concentration of oxycodone increased by 25% when a OxyContin 160 mg Tablet was administered with a high-fat meal.)

Is this a function of the fat impacting the 1st pass metabolism, thus applicable to oral ROA only?

OR, is it perhaps function of the serum lipid levels (and crossing the BBB maybe?), hence applicable to any ROA?

or something else altogether?

Last edited:
Just don't use something as long as the entire length of your anus to plug it...???

Is this a serious question?

I can't imagine you wanting to use a plugging device that would be bigger than the entire size of your anus... unless you're incorporating plugging drugs into some kinky sex thing you are into...

I'm going to merge this into the plugging mega thread.

Holy shit, I don't think I'd have the balls to try this. I have a hard enough time hitting a vein then screwing around down there with anything sharp

Holy shit, I don't think I'd have the balls to try this. I have a hard enough time hitting a vein then screwing around down there with anything sharp

Firstly I think you may have misunderstood, we don't use sharps. That is just asking for trouble. There are soft plastic, rubber and/or blunt syringes(not anything like IV) made just for rectal administration.

You may have seen posts about using what people already have on hand by maybe cutting around the tip of a leur lock syringe to expose the plastic point to make insertion easier. If using something 'on hand' I would smooth or melt the tip and any sharp edges with a lighter to reduce the possibility of hurting any tissues in the anus.

Fear of rectal administration of drugs is mostly due to learned anxiety and social stigmas of *entering through an exit only door*.

Drug companies have been using the back door for people who can't absorb drugs properly if taken other ways. Other drugs may be destroyed by stomach acid, so they have to be given another way. It is perfectly acceptable. People have been doing it for thousands of years.

I hope that this may clear up some of the fear you may have.

NEEPANOID

I'm glad I read this thread this morning, because I ran out of bupe yesterday, and clinic is closed next two days, and there was nothing in stock at home to get through the jonesing, so I went out to get diazepam or clonazepam from the streets.... street shuffling, one thing led to another, and the best deal available at the time was a quarter gram of brown heroin, so I end up with that, and fuck up when attempt at shooting - when I released the torniquet, the needle was basically swallowed up by skin and it hurt plunging (used accessory cephalic vein on lower arm), and I was really amazed at how fast the blood clotted in the warm solution, so I figured I am not shooting that somewhere else and risking blood clots... and thanks to this thread, the shot didn't go to waste, but up my ass... No rush though, and twenty minutes later, I snorted a small line to supplement. I guess I'm all right now, but I wish the clinic was open, so I could have just gone to pick up more bupe... and then I am also out of sterile filters, so I am either going back to sublingual bupe, or intranasal, or rectal, but the whole game of filtering the tablets and shooting them has taught me A) how to self-administer an IV shot, and B) how one can fuck up one self by self-administering IV shots, so with that in mind, I guess there are plenty safer alternatives, and now I know the basics of IV'ing and should leave it at that. The IV'ing mainly started out of major curiousity, and also as a way of titrating my doses easier, as I am near the end of my ORT at quite low doses and plan to jump to a clean state soon... But apparently I still get jonesey on day one w/out bupe, so maybe I'm not ready for the jump. Either way, the last leg of the taper will tell, and I cannot afford to go back to using heroin as an alternative, and I do not want to. But thanks to this thread, I'm sure the contents of that shot ended up at their desired place... But I was expecting a sort of rush, but I guess it could be remnant bupe blocking, or that I simply didn't plug enough, or that I have expectations beyond the capabilities of heroin up the ass...

Firstly I think you may have misunderstood, we don't use sharps. That is just asking for trouble. There are soft plastic, rubber and/or blunt syringes(not anything like IV) made just for rectal administration.

You may have seen posts about using what people already have on hand by maybe cutting around the tip of a leur lock syringe to expose the plastic point to make insertion easier. If using something 'on hand' I would smooth or melt the tip and any sharp edges with a lighter to reduce the possibility of hurting any tissues in the anus.

Fear of rectal administration of drugs is mostly due to learned anxiety and social stigmas of *entering through an exit only door*.

Drug companies have been using the back door for people who can't absorb drugs properly if taken other ways. Other drugs may be destroyed by stomach acid, so they have to be given another way. It is perfectly acceptable. People have been doing it for thousands of years.

I hope that this may clear up some of the fear you may have.

NEEPANOID

Oh, ok I shouldv'e read a little more before I posted. I remember a docu. that I watched about people that were so physically altered because of injection they resorted to some areas that were very intense. They weren't intense because of a gained fear due to stigmas but because of the sensitivity of the area. Thanks for the post I'm going to read it again.

I've plugged a few fucked up shots before but to be honest I never felt anything from it. perhaps my technique was bad, but could it have anything to do with the fact that it was brown heroin dissolved in citric acid? would this affect the absorption?

AFAIK the bowels are relatively low in pH, due to the necessity of acid in the breakdown of food by bodily functions and bacteria, so I figured that the acid would be a good thing... Anyways, the heroin is absorbed through the walls of the rectum by water absorption, so for the heroin to be absorbed, it would essentially need to be dissolved in water, meaning that you wouldn't feel *as much* if plugged straight... But I could be wrong... Anyways, I didn't feel much either, but as someone else on the board put it, give it a good two tries to really get a feel for it. I think that the notion that there will be a rush like the IV rush is bullshit, as I don't see how one gets past 1st-pass-metabolism this way... Anyways, again I could be wrong... But yeah, I'm with u ^, didn't feel much, but I know that I also had a huge tolerance and bupe was probably also a blocking factor.

^But according to the posts by amapola (take a look at the concentration/absorption vs. time chart), it seems that a near neutral pH is much more effective. But that is also with morphine HCl, and not diacetylmorphine. So, since Morphine HCl would be less water soluble at lower pH, and more water soluble at higher pH, then the reverse is probably the case for heroin # 3, within a certain pH range of course. If you've got China White/No. 4, then just mix with water and shoot... I love that you can do that with white heroin, that it is water soluble just like that... Same way morphine HCl is... WOW! Fuck # 3, I want #4, although from my experience, a good batch of #3 produces much different effects from a batch of #4, and I actually find #3 more 'euphoric' so to speak.

^interesting post. I just thought after hearing about the pH of the morphine HCl that everything should be that same pH.

So what would be the optimal pH for plugging:
oxycodone?
hydrocodone?