• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Official Plugging/Rectal Administration Megathread⫷

So let me get this straight - you're new to plugging but you've plugged before. That's funny!

First of all, I recommend an oral (or child's) syringe over breaking the needle off a standard one. The oral syringe is larger, making it easier to work with, clean, etc. It also can hold more water for those ocassions when you need more.

Plus, even with the needle removed, the tip of a standard syringe still has some pretty hard-edged plastic bits that could easily be "uncomfortable" were one to slip or make a mistake inserting it.

I just use soap and water to clean the inside and outside of the syringe; usually part of my routine was to take a shower before I plugged, which helped keep the thing clean!

As far as the shot itself, I never bothered to filter it. You can of course if you want, but absorbtion by the rectum isn't like injecting it into your veins. Your bottom has a pretty good natural filter, and it only lets in the "good stuff."

Give it a spin, har har har. You can do it again and STILL be new!

Last edited:
So let me get this straight - you're new to plugging but you've plugged before. That's funny!

First of all, I recommend an oral (or child's) syringe over breaking the needle off a standard one. The oral syringe is larger, making it easier to work with, clean, etc. It also can hold more water for those ocassions when you need more.

Plus, even with the needle removed, the tip of a standard syringe still has some pretty hard-edged plastic bits that could easily be "uncomfortable" were one to slip or make a mistake inserting it.

I just use soap and water to clean the inside and outside of the syringe; usually part of my routine was to take a shower before I plugged, which helped keep the thing clean!

As far as the shot itself, I never bothered to filter it. You can of course if you want, but absorbtion by the rectum isn't like injecting it into your veins. Your bottom has a pretty good natural filter, and it only lets in the "good stuff."

Give it a spin, har har har. You can do it again and STILL be new!

lol...i guess that doe sound funny. i plugged once-a while ago-but i am new to the idea of plugging on a daily basis as an alternative to IVing. I love the needle,but that is part of the problem. I am smart and clean and i rotate sights and use new needles each time but i shoot up way too much just for the sake of shooting up. i figure almost 3 years,hardcore IV use-my veins deserve a break. thanks for replying to my questions as well as adding some useful info. i gave it a go earlier tonight and i must say-i am convinced. i will always love to IV but i think if i can get my injections per day down i will feel like i am doing more than just fixing up and shooting up-well it isn't quite that bad,but it has been in the past.plus i do not advocate shooting pills or that ppl who have never IVd try it. this just helps me pay it forward and recommend a safer,similar experience to the all to quick to wane rush of IV.

thanks so much,JB-and everyone else who contributed.

much peace and love....skillz <3

this is my first post and didnt think i would be posting on plugging as i didnt even know it existed, but 'John_Burrows' description of the effects certainly sounded inviting...guess im just used ti IVing with someone so how is that gonna work for me? lol
Do you know if you can plug Temazepam and Ritalin, and how much is a good amount to plug?
I usually IV 100mg - 150mg Ritalin for a good rush, I eat the Temazepam as have tried IVing it but no luck no rush.

cheers

Temazepam is very poorly water soluble, so you can only fit about 0.164 mg per ml.

You probably only used 1ml of water or less, and dumped a whole 15mg or 30mg capsule in the spoon. Therefore, 14.836 to 29.836 mg of the temazepam remained in the spoon.

I wonder about plugging cannabinoids. I've experimented several times with plugging various solutions of weed and hash but with very little success.
The problem seems to be that cannabinoids are not water soluble.
I was wondering if it would be worth extracting them into alcohol using the "green dragon method" and then mixing the alcohol in glycerine and allowing the alcohol to evaporate off. As far as I can make out from the on-line literature glycerine is absorbed relatively well through the rectal wall, so this would seem like a possible route.

THC is water soluble though, just at a rather poor level of 2.8mg per milliliter.

totally new to plugging although I have plugged before.Here are a few questions.
***what about sterilization?***
I am an IV user and sterilization is a must. I believe in a "one time use" philosophy but I have used luer lock syringes when I had access to new tips. The problem I came across with luer lock syringes is that I over clean them. Alcohol dries out the rubber stopper and the plunger inevitably ends up coming loose from the stopper and once this happens the syringe is no longer reliable. There is nothing worse than pulling back to register and the plunger comes flying out of the rubber stopper leaving you with a badly blown vein.

-what is the recommended cleaning procedure for you regular pluggers?

-is it less important to clean the inside of the syringe versus the outside?

-if you plan to plug more than once-say back to back-is it necessary to clean the syringe in between plugs?

-since I see nowhere that filtering is involved,does this mean that getting trash fever,or cotton fever as I have heard it called,is less likely or unlikely?

-why does this ROA seem to make the binders and fillers in pills an obsolete factor where as in IV use it is a HUGE factor?

I think that is it for now...if I think of any other questions,I know where to come for the answers.

Great thread. Very informative and makes a very convincing case as to an alternative to IV use.
Thanks to all!
Much Peace and Love....................skillz <3

cotton fever is when a tiny strand of cotton gets into your bloodstream, and causes infection/reaction. there is no cotton involved, and your not going directly into your bloodstream, and if you were, then it would be called IV, not plugged.. cotton fever is usually from IV

Clean your oral syringe with soapy water, and make sure its dry so no bacteria or anything foreign gets stuck/dried to it. dont have to clean very often, just get it wet and wipe it dry, or use alcohol pad. you dont have to clean the inside too often, clean the exterior more, in case of dried fecal matter (your bowels should be cleared out anyway, but this would be the best precaution)
Cleaning isnt a big deal, just wash it every now and then. doesnt hurt to do daily or after every plug (like me). its not really necessary to clean between plugs, but i wipe off the oral syringe (OS), so that the oxy mixture doesnt get absorbed/held/lost to the petroleum jelly (lube) on the outside of the OS. wipe down with a tissue or some sort of cloth.

binders are not worried about for plugging, because they will just stick to the walls of your rectum, or be absorbed into the feces (if contact is made), and then either way, it will exit when you go #2. the water is what is taken in/absorbed from the capillaries in your cavity.

hope this helped. i would say i am rather experienced in plugging opiates,, as i do it every day and have become quiet good at it, using techniques to help prolong the high, intensify it, get a rush, etc etc...

if anybody has a question (asked & answered privately), about plugging, IV'ing, or any opiates, i can give you a straight up honest answer, with no personal opinions thrown in the mix. im here to give trustworthy advice, from a well experienced user, who will not judge, only help.
send a pm.

19.gif
ĉнị٭ωнї
19.gif

once i had a shot where i was having a hard time registering and i got it once but it came out. i could not get it back in and it coagulated and clogged up the rig,

so i unclogged the rig and modified it, plugged my shot and it was just as good a high just a gradual comeup without the rush.

i have since quit using needles. and only smoke or plug my tar.

Reckon that'll have about the same effect as just plain CLOSING the thread JB : )
Hari Om
edtree

Last edited:
plugging black tar? how (well) does that work? never really thought about that, as i plug hydro/oxycodone.

hmm interesting. i would consider it waste as i love the iv rush, but its been ~3 years since i put down the needle. and i wouldnt recommend anyone to come along and pick it up. but plugging oxys seem to work very very well, so i could only imagine that tar would be pretty effective.

and whats the onset of plugged rolls? and does it prolong the roll any?

(sorry but im high lol), BUT--- what if you got 2 doses of blotter, soaked them in a few ml of water, draw up the OS, and plug LSD? i wonder if you plug lucy, if it would be any effective, or perhaps better? lol although sublingual works good enough for me ;)

In my experience ChinaW the onset of plugging rolls is somewhat faster with plugging.
It does seem to change from roll to roll (even though I've been using stuff from exactly the same stash of mdma for the last 4 years).
Whereas the normal onset (for me) is 20 to 30 minutes, with plugging it's 10 to 20 minutes.
The way it comes on has a different quality too. With plugging I seem to get high without being aware of being high so much.

what do you mean, you get high without being aware of being high?
is it a better roll exp. if you plug it rather than eating/parachuting?
back in my 2 year roll binge i always ate chewed or parachuted, never plugged anything- but now i daily plug opies with great results. always wanted to plug a roll since i did my first plugd opie

Yall think LSD would work plugged? have to use small amount of water, but it should!

How can I describe it.
I'll be like 20 minutes after plugging and my partner will say "has it hit you yet?" and "I will say no" and then I think I'm not high but in reality I'm gone.
I would say it's a better roll because of the absence of a bad taste in your mouth or yucky belches, or nausea particularly in the beginning.
Haven't touched opies since that last bottle of Dr Collis Browne....
As for plugging acid, I'm not sure if there's any point.

question about dosage

Been wading through thread after thread and think I've figured out how to plug except for one thing, dosage? All the comparisons are to oral. I have no clue what I would need orally. How does the dose compare to an IV dose? Do I use the same, more or less? thanks in advance. Really want to try this to give my veins a break.

Plugging (or anything for that matter) cant really be compared to IV. But lets just try... When plugged, there is some sort of a SMALL SUBTLE rush, that comes on very slow (vs. IV'd). Whatever dose you take orally, take that plugged, or possibly a little less your first plug. Lets say your plugging opiates. there is a slight rush (almost unnoticable unless your laying down relaxed), the onset is much faster than orally dosing, the high will outlast an oral dose, and also the high from plugging feels like its more intense, and i guess you could say 'cleaner'.

The capillaries in your anus is what absorbs the 'oxycodone' (or what have you).. And there are ALOT of capillaries in there. When you say you dont know what to take orally, we have no idea what substance you are referring to.. So lets say your taking oxycodone, if you are use to taking 30-40 mgs as a normal oral dose for you, to get a good buzz, i would take 30mgs plugged, or 20mgs. You can ALWAYS take another dose of your drug of choice, but you can NEVER go back and undo a dose, so try to remember that. But its not really that big of a deal, with such a low dose. Plugging opiates can possibly be somewhat too intense for some people, and there is a risk of throwing up. When i first started plugging, i had been orally dosing oxycodone 30mg tablets for awhile, i plugged 30mgs of oxy my first time, and felt great. Then i plugged 60mg of oxycodone (i have done it before, just orally), and got sick as hell- throwing up for a good 30 minutes. This is because it hits you alot faster, and alot harder. But im use to it now, i just dosed 60mgs of oxy about 45 minutes ago, and im just really fucked up (way too itchy, but feels so goood :) ) lol
If you have ANY questions at all, or any questions you would like to keep private, please know you can PM me any time, and our conversation will be kept 100% private. You will not be judged, and i will not tell you what decisions to make, i will just help guide you to the right path..
Be safe, and enjoy your substances!
ch1na

Last edited:
Cool, I'm glad more people are going "down under" to do their happy pills. And to those who have yet to try,mum, JUST DO IT!

Before you know it, you and your butt will be best friends :)

Of course, over those 20 mins of keeping my mouth dutifully closed and carefully not swallowing, quite a large pool of saliva had built up in there.

I swear it was like a river of spit... But not just any old spit, it was dilaudid-infused SUPER spit. I thought about just swallowing it, but then I remembered how ineffective dialudid is orally, and I didn't want that 8mg pill to go to waste!

Obviously it was way too late to snort it.. So... That's right ladies and gentlemen...

I plugged my own spit! :p

I just grabbed my favorite oral "plugging" syringe, pulled out the stopper and spitooied into the barrel, going on to plug the "solution" as I normally would.

But you know what?

It worked %)

Rotflmfao.... hahaha.... I just imagined that scenario, and I can follow you on the river of spit thing... but lol, you seriously just spat it in the syringe, and plugged it? Hahahahahahahahaha.... you made my day man!

How much of the effect actually came from plugging, and how much was already absorbed, any idea? because I usually sit with a mouth full of Subutex/Temgesic spit, and think, must be about swallowing time now, because I'm sure the bupe has been absorbed, and whats left is just the fillers... I guess my point here is, does anyone think that sublingual/rectal pills are designed so that the active drug diffuses much faster than the fillers? as in some sort of layering to the pill or something...

I have no idea, but you should try it and let us know! That's another bonus for plugging instead of IV - experimenting and trying new drugs up your bottom isn't going to kill you...

I have been recieving colon hydrotherapy/coffee enemas for over a decade and I can say from experience that initially there is a mind block to this sort of treatment. I have noticed one major factor that can change the absorbtion rate of any liquid that is administered rectally. (Even STOP absorbtion)

Fatty Foods. Fat/oils tend to coat the rectal/intestinal wall resulting in far less or no absorbtion of administered(plugged) drugs. Think about it. Oil and water do not mix.

If you have problems getting the desired effect from your plugged drug of choice, consider a warm water and/or soapy water enema to clean the slate. At first, this may seem weird, but be assured that it has been done by mothers and people throughout the ages all the way back to the egyptians.

For under $10, you can go to the local pharmacy and pick up a bulb syringe(douche or enema). Now it typically holds around 10oz, but you do not need to administer the entire amount unless you feel comfortable doing so. Rule of thumb- If it starts to hurt, STOP IMMEDIATELY!

I would probably start in the tub/shower or put a towel on the floor and lay on it until I knew how the involuntary muscle contractions can be sneaky and cause an accident.

Do not use clorinated tap water. Distilled is best. Warm the water to no hotter than 105'F and either add Ivory bar soap or plain castile soap. I tend to like almond castile soap. If using Ivory, start by putting the water in a plastic container of some sort, like an empty margarine bowl, then just swish the bar around in the water for 5-10 seconds. If using liquid unscented or almond castile soap, a few drops to about 1/2 tsp is plenty.

The deed- Try to evacuate first. If constipated from opioid use, this enema can help. We are interested in clearing the initial 3-5" of the rectum but if you feel the need to clear everything, its a bonus.

Draw the water or soapy water into the syringe, lubricate the tip with a water soluable lubricating jelly or even saliva works in a pinch. Never use vaseline, or petroleum based lubes. Lie on your right side, draw your left leg to your chest, insert the syringe and gently squeeze to administer the enema. Try to hold the liquid as long as you can, but no longer than 15 minutes. If using soap, you may wish to 'rinse' with a second syringe of plain warm water to avoid irritation.

Until you get a feel for how your colon reacts to the watery invasion, you may experience some water retention. Just wait a few moments and the urge to finish should present itself. You may also massage your left abdomen just above your groin to stimulate emptying.

Now your rectum should more readily absorb the mixture you wish to plug.

the liquid isnt going to vanish in your ass just because you didnt lay down when you injected your drugs
This is what I want to say every time.

and either add Ivory bar soap or plain castile soap.
It is worth noting that, controversy regarding disrupting the mucosa and healthy flora aside, soap can cause irritation.

I'd suggest trying plain water first - adding soap will do the trick if water alone does not.

To be more precise, the goal is too avoid the solution to reach the upper part of the rectum. This ensures that drugs will by-pass the hepatic ‘first-pass’ elimination, by going in the systemic circulation, not the portal system.
Ah, thank you! I always forget that the upper veins are routed differently than the middle and lower. IME this would have been helpful years ago when I'd position myself a little further upside down than 90 degrees because I'd want to make sure it was all 'up there' to maximize absorption.

For what it's worth, it was initially explained to me as it being fine so long as it didn't get past that second (third?) sphincter leading to the colon. That's not true.:eek:

I also agree that a disclaimer stating that any such comments will not be tolerated/end with a warning/infraction/etc is probably the best route.
+1

m060mm said:
It is worth noting that, controversy regarding disrupting the mucosa and healthy flora aside, soap can cause irritation.

I'd suggest trying plain water first - adding soap will do the trick if water alone does not.

True if you plan on doing GRANDMA's 2QT soapy water enema, then I would say that flora and mucosa in the colon may be at risk, but we are more concered with the last 6" of the rectum. I think that water should be tried first, then soap should a last resort unless there has been absorbtion issues in the past. Start out with a small amount of soap or even a second rinse enema with 1T of lemon juice per 2C of distilled warm water.

Again, only ivory or a non-scented castile. If not homophobic and decide that enemas are a refreshing prep, then possibly try almond or peppermint castile, but peppermint will cause some degree of discomfort and cramping.

Happy Plugging!

Neepanoid