• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸INJECTIONS: I.V. FAQs & Info MEGATHREAD⫷

Are you interested in exploring ways to manage your benzos more effectively?

And off topic kinda, but Nembies! We don't get those where I am :( I mean, not like my ass really cares considering I don't use the stuff any more, but still... Nembies! :)

I guess You mean Nembutal,oh i was 14 or
15y at that time.Barbs are long gone,younger peeps dont even know them.Those were caps,100mg ,no fillers.Just emptied into water,stirred and sucked up,clear liquid.I remember everyone always passing out immediately with rig still in,that why we didnt do it alone if possible so someone could remove the rig.once in a Park a long dead friend just passed out while i remove rig cause just had that one(pre HIV times)when a mum with 2small kids came round the corner,will never forget her face.Hope those Kids learned a lesson! Damn,i got worse things,could prob write a book.I am ashamed at much things i did,cant change no mo. :-(
And everyone who read my
“great new vein discovery“Post,DONT!
Hit a nerve and injected half ml into artery,
really nice!
Still got DVT on leg,not from injecting,smoking!!!
Nice fatty i never saw on inner wrist...guess
i will never be able to stop iv totally.Now once every few weeks is enough.If i cant get goood gear,i purify streetsmack.Forget that Online Heroin helper rep,28%hcl will destroy your dope/u end up with fat pile of salt,that rep is SOO off any sense...
Long ramble,sorry
Mo

And YES,I am very interested
about the Benzo-Management!!!
Just on Day 2 alcohol ct.

So for the past while (maybe a few weeks to a month) anytime I hit a vein the blood registers extremely slowly. It usually would flow into the syringe at a good rate. But lately, nope.

Could this be due to dehydration? I usually kinda have a hard time staying hydrated.

If anyone knows what's up any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Problems Injecting Heroin

Okay, so this post will have two points. I’ll start with this one: I can’t find a spot to hit on my arms. I’ve burned out my biceps down to the crook of my elbow, the top couple of inches of each forearm, and one that’s on the underside of my left arm and runs from the middle of my forearm up to the inside edge of my elbow. I can’t seem to find another spot to hit. I bought a tourniquet on amazon, but my veins really don’t pop out. They never have been. Any suggestions?

Next, a couple of days ago, I shot on the top (thumb side) of my right arm, close to my hand. I use 1/2” needles and it was all the way in when i registered. I hit that spot twice before (see above paragraph) without issue. This time, I pushed it through and immediately it burnt like crraaazy. I’ve used this dope before and haven’t had an issue. Immediately following the burning, my hand started swelling, badly. You could see a clear distinction where the swelling came down my wrist a little, included the injection site and the top of my wrist (again, thumb side). The distinction was a red swelling. This has happened twice before, once was around the same spot (if I remember correctly), and the other was in the crook of my elbow. Even with the crook of my elbow, it was my hand that swelled. Each time, it was a new spot, but not new dope. The previous two times, I waited it out. This time, it was scary enough to send me to the ER. They kept me waiting an hour, in which I realized it had stopped swelling and it would end up going down, just like the other two times. It stays swollen for a day or two, and goes back to normal. I have read posts where people say, “you hit an artery,” so of course, that’s what I told the ER doctor! He said “no, there would be a hematoma.” He said “it’s an allergic reaction,” and gave me antibiotics. This particular hospital has a detox program that provides suboxone and is free via a state program, and attracts addicts from a multi-state area. That fact led me to believe that they would take one look, say, “Yep, you hit an artery. You’ll be fine. Rest, ice, elevate, take 800mg ibuprofen and call me in the morning if it’s not better.” Let me note, the swelling was not hive-like, it was my entire hand. Also, it doesn’t last only hours. The peak is only maybe 2-3 hrs, but the hand doesn’t go back to normal until maybe 2 days later. What’s the consensus here, artery, histamine reaction or infection. Obviously, you can’t see my blood work (none was done, no tests at all), but based on your experience, what do you think?

lol an ER doctor telling you to call them back in the morning to follow up if it gets worse... You don't know the medical system well

That sounds at least in part like a histamine reaction. The localization does resemble a missed shot in an artery but try me you know when you hit an artery (like it is beyond obvious). It would be a lot of things though. I'd visit your local needle exchange or harm reduction clinic and talk to someone there about what happened.

lol an ER doctor telling you to call them back in the morning to follow up if it gets worse... You don't know the medical system well

It was a nod to a very, very old joke from the medical community. Please keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing positive to add. Not that I need to explain myself to you, but I’m painfully familiar with the medical system, including extensive HIPAA training.

I'm a very new iv user. I trusted someone to help me since I can't do it alone...obvious mistake. There is a large lump under the injection site. It's VERY hard to the touch & quite painful to touch as well. It hurts to fully extend or fully bend my arm. There is quite a bit of purple bruising with darker purple spots over it. I'm fucking terrified & horribly embarrassed. This isn't somewhere I thought I would ever be. From what I've researched about abscesses, this doesn't fit the description. I'm thinking he possibly went through the vein when he hit me. Any advice or helpful words would be much appreciated. This is my first posting on this site.

Please please please read this. I've had an opiate problem for years, In recent time I've been IV opiates for 2+ years. I was shooting 32mg of Hydromorphone a day breaking it down to 8 shots (roughly 4mg a shot) which is a lot of injecting. I never read about injecting techniques etc I was very clean tho. So the day I told my doctor during the check up he said the crooks of my arms were completely gone, next I went to have blood taken he said the same thing and the nurses also tried nothing they ended up taking blood from the vein running down the side of my arm. As everybody knows it's embarrassing not being able to give blood simply and the scars etc Being the person I am I started thinking ways to break down the scar tissue and get that blood going I started exercise etc Then I found a Tens machine I have been using that whenever I have a chance for the last 4 months and no word of a lie my right arm is at 75% and my left is at 50% I have even check them myself and today the blood wasn't black and blobby it was like it was 2 years ago. Now all I need is tips on scars. Now I'm living on 24mgs of buprenophine. Be Safe!

Last edited:
So my last shot has me confused. My veins were tight and I was having particular trouble getting in a vein. I did register before and after definitely drawing blood each time, but my hand now has a lump at the site like I miss... I'm wondering how that is possible?

Maybe it's blood from having difficulty getting in the vein, but I don't know. It's not serious I'm just wondering if/how a successful register before and after could lead to a miss.

Please please please read this. I've had an opiate problem for years, In recent time I've been IV opiates for 2+ years. I was shooting 32mg of Hydromorphone a day breaking it down to 8 shots (roughly 4mg a shot) which is a lot of injecting. I never read about injecting techniques etc I was very clean tho. So the day I told my doctor during the check up he said the crooks of my arms were completely gone, next I went to have blood taken he said the same thing and the nurses also tried nothing they ended up taking blood from the vein running down the side of my arm. As everybody knows it's embarrassing not being able to give blood simply and the scars etc Being the person I am I started thinking ways to break down the scar tissue and get that blood going I started exercise etc Then I found a Tens machine I have been using that whenever I have a chance for the last 4 months and no word of a lie my right arm is at 75% and my left is at 50% I have even check them myself and today the blood wasn't black and blobby it was like it was 2 years ago. Now all I need is tips on scars. Now I'm living on 24mgs of buprenophine. Be Safe!

Scars will fade to a certain degree depending on your skin tone. I have scars on my arm, not from injecting, but from a serious accident that almost lost me my arm and I ended up getting tattoos to cover them.

Thanks for totally ignoring my post today for one months ago...

I can see you've been a memeber for quite a while so it really shouldn't need explaining that a fucking MEGATHREAD (Bluelight's emphasis) doesn't revolve around you. No one is under any oblihation to answer your particular post... especially if it's one that people can't answer or don't want to due to it not really having an answer (ie. your earlier post today #112).

Get over yourself....it's an IV complications MEGATHREAD ...Not tacodude's MEGATGREAD.

Never said it was I just think even a "sorry I don't have an answer" or just acknowledgment of anyone be it me or a green lighter if they posted a question that brought said thread to the top of the list as I was quite disappointed not only to not see an answer, but to see the post directly above mine answered as if you either skipped over reading my post or just didn't even care to acknowledge it as I said. Whatever though as you said the world doesn't revolve around me. I just wanted to call out what came off as a dick move, which to end the fight before it starts we can agree to disagree. Anyways I just want an answer so that's all I will respond to after this.

The same thing actually happened to me this morning. Mine was a last ditch effort on the top of my wrist after trying to hit a vein for so long.

I chalked mine up to rushing too fast and nicking the vein wall when I pulled out causing a slight leak. There was no burn and I got my rush, but it lumped and went numb.

Exactly it lumped and went numb, but my vein was so small there's so way I went out and in. I don't get how it lumped like a miss. It crept in slow too like a miss so it must have, but I know I was in and not though the vein.

Maybe just a little seeped out when you pulled the needle out...

Ya, it could have been a reaction to leakage flowing back out as you removed the needle. That vein is likely a pretty narrow and small one, so you may have been in it, but barely. I noticed also when injecting you can't be 100% steady while pushing the plunger down.

Are you using a tourniquet/tiring off? If so, when you register, do you let the tie loose before injecting, and then tug back on the plunger to double check that you are still in the vein?

I wish I knew about this part of injection technique a long time ago before having blown out many, many of my smaller veins. Doing this releases the pressure the tourniquet puts on the veins from tying off before injecting. Man I would probably have a lot more injection sites to rotate to if I practiced this way earlier on.

If you try this, and when pulling the needle out, doing it slowly greatly decreases the leakage when finished injecting. Lots of new veins have thanked me for doing this technique.

Be safe!