• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax? Is it euphoric to you?

Is Xanax euphoric for you?

• Yes

Votes: 233 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 266 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, only opiates makes me feel euphoric, but not any benzos, just took 2mg xanor (alprazolam) and 2x 0.4mg Temgesic, buprenorphine makes a little euphoria for me and this compo.

and if i feel very much anxiety then Xanax can make me feel a little "euphoric" 8o
PLUR

It's calming but not euphoric for me. Definitely not at 2mg. Above that dosage I get more and more relaxed until I am asleep. I have never felt anything like euphoria at any dose of any benzo. Just calm.

I felt highly euphoric when I first tried Xanax, they were blue round 0.5 mg Xanax XR pills and 2-3 mg felt great considering my benzo tolerance. I am on 30 mg of Diazepam daily, I can take 100 mg and still feel normal but those XR pills hit me hard. =)

When I got another version of them (0.5 mg pink tablets, prolly generics) they didn't gave me the slightest bit of euphoria or other common benzo effects, I could take up to 6 mg of Xanax and I was relatively sober. I only used Alprazolam like 5 times total but it's probably due to the cheap generic version I had, because 2 mg of Clonazepam still did it's job for me. *confused*

Good thing is that I don't have to pay for them, and if I do I just give a few grams of weed in exchange for a strip of 10x0.5 mg. :)

Peace o/

In my case to an extent it is. I have never abused Xanax though. Yet in therapeutic doses I have experienced mild euphoria. Xanax is one drug I would never fool around with! Make that any drug of the benzodiazepine class

I wish I could try Xanax,
BUT however for some strange reason I can't for the life of me convince my psychiatrist to switch me from 20mg valium 2x daily to Xanax, he keeps telling me I would have to take it more times a day because its shorter acting than Valium and it makes you feel more dopey like street drugs. I felt like saying, that's what I want, anyone got any ideas on what to say the next time I see him so he will switch me to Xanax?

Sadly my tolerance to Valium is so high now that even if I take 7 at once I dont get much a buzz, its the same as taking it as prescribed now. But when I first started Valium, I felt lovely along with my mmt. Now it doesn't do much at all. If I switched to Ativan, basically switching to any other benzo's would it bring back the high I got since I've been on Valium for 2 years now?

Back when I was 19, I found two bottles of Ativan 10mg pills, one bottle was half full and the other was a little less than half full of cut in half pills because my Dad was trying to cut down on them. Long story short I took them all and hid them, took one 10mg pill and was not craving booze at all anymore and suddenly my severe depression that was crippling me for some years already was gone and suddenly I was calm, happy energetic, ambitious and laughing. Damn laughing got me in trouble, my stepmom and dad who I was living with at the time, she found out and found my stash and flushed it. I was so pissed, all she did was call the er and they said for me to drink lots of water and come in if I start looking a certain way or acting like I might go into a seizure.

Had I known after taking them for a week of bliss that wd's would be a few week long hell, I would have faked symptoms just so my stepmom would taken me to er and I would be put on ativan lol. My Dad who passed on in 96 was so hooked on benzo's all his life and would drink with them too and feel REAL good. I wish I knew his doctor who gave him scripts out like candy so I could have started them.

I truly love xanax because:
1. I have noo tolerance and I've been taking it (not regularly, but about twice a week or so) for about a year. A .5 will still make me completely anxiety-free
2. I'm able to move around and do stuff
3. I can also go right to sleep if I tell myself it's time to go to sleep
4. I'm super happy when I'm on it
5. Sometimes I go 2 weeks-1 month without taking it just to make sure I don't get addicted

I'm really making sure it stays that way.

Xanax is euphoric. POLL

Xanax can be euphoric if not abused. I have been taking them for 3 years recreationaly. If you take too much and build a tolerance or addiction to them they will not become euphoric until they are used properly again.

No benzodiazepine (or any other CNS depressant) is 'euphoric' for me. I hate feeling sedated and sluggish, so taking a sedative or opioid really can't be euphoric in my mind.

As you might guess, I'm solely a psychedelic/stimulant man: I like to have every neuron firing at full throttle.

When I take them I get tired, my energy goes away, and normally I nap or sleep. Even .5 will knock me out a lot of the time. Xan is just a tool to me, though a tool I value and treasure. I try not to use it to much so I don't get dependent on it, or it stops working for me. I mean it feels good to now worry and stuff I guess but memory loss, and loss of my momentum is kind of a bad feeling to me. Xan is a double edge sword for me. One I don't use unless I have too. I would not classify it as euphoria to me and think if you do you should try other drugs. There are far better ones to take to produce euphoria with less dependency problems.

sometimes it seems that no amount of benzos can put me in the safe place i seek to nod away. only opiates will give me that at sometime...other times they can knock me out with as little as 2 mg xanax xr. but that is my physiological effects, and im always all over the map. but i do say i am enjoying myself on about four mgs of clon and a mg of alp and smoke. that is the closest i have come to euphoria except for those brief climactic moments in sex.

^i agree there, it really seems like no matter how much xanax or klonopin i take i cant get anywhere near euphoria. though if i do take around 20 mgs of klonopin i can get to a satisfactory state of mind, that shortly follows with me passing out.

id imagine so, right now im on five mgs of clon and 1 or two mgs of alp. and lots of pot . i feel pretty good about the synergistic effect btween the two and recommend it withamighty dose of music.

I think it's hard to classify the feeling as euphoria. I mean, when I think if euphoria I think of cocaine or ecstasy. Xanax is more of that super relaxed feeling you get having a few beers out with your buds. It feels great in its own way, but I wouldn't call it Euphoria.

It looks like we're reaching a pretty good split on the consensus. Would anyone be sad to see this thread archived, or is there anything fantastic any of you want to add?

WHo feels that Xanax 2mg is euphoric?

However, the euphoria is very different than opiates...But is it still a mello-like euphoria?

I find that i can't really find that sweet spot to often. But yes, I've had amazing times on 2-4 mg Xanax. However, tolerance is a bitch, and I end up either understepping or overstepping my bounds most times. either way is a waste, as a too low dose of xanax is negligable until the next day, and a too high dose is entirely forgotten and probably held some pretty bad events.

it can be euphoric, rage inducing and sometimes paranoia inducing. i've had all 3, mostly the euphoria. it just lowers inhibitions man, if that makes you happy or it makes you flip your fucking lid then be it as it may, all in your head.

I can't remember if I posted in this thread but Xanax just makes me tired. I haven't tried using a ton (or I guess enough to be considered a recreational dose) but it puts me down and kills some feelings of anxiety. I'd probably take it like I would aspirin, only when I have to.

But yeah, anyone with social nervousness would benefit from this drug.

Xanax Poll, we hardly knew thee. Thy time was too short on this earth, but alas, it seems:

The "No"s Have It.

Rockin' anxiolytic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.