• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will the ER help you for withdrawal?? In US

The county hospital in my area does give out Ambien only 5 tablets along with Clonidine and anti-nausea pills for opiate withdrawal on an outpatient basis if you go to emergency room that's the most and only on a good night

In Canada I've got an Rx from the ER for morphine on one occasion and dilaudid on another.
Though the circumstances were unique, I was on a daily dispense prescriptions in both cases, and again in both cases, my doctor was off for the weekend and he forgot to fax re fills of my prescription.
The pharmacy were the ones who recommended I go to the ER actually when I showed up for my script on a Saturday and I had no refills.

The emergency doctor called the pharmacy and confirmed that I was on the medication I told him I was on. And he wrote me a script for a couple of days until I could see my own doc, it was no problem.

So ya, I'd agree that something more must be going on here, I had a legit script, and was able to prove it and had no trouble at all getting an Rx at the ER.

i don't see why this would be a problem, even in the states, so long as you hold a valid prescription and can have proof. I agree with other posters speculations of you missing appointments or whatever.

Also, interesting side note of how cool it is in Canada,
I once went to ThunderBay Ontario and located the purest cocaine I've ever had. I overdosed from an IV injection of 350~ mgs of powder. In the hospital I was hooked up to an IV and given like 40 mgs of diazepam to slow my heart rate, and so I wouldn't seize again I imagine. So after a couple hours, I'm coming down off the Coke, I feel the Valium, but I hadn't had a shot of morphine for probably 12 hours. I began to get ready to check myself out. I told the nurse "I'm a morphine addict and I'm sick, I'm going home for a fix" they didn't wanna let me leave and brought me a 45 mg shot of morphine sulfate that they gave me IV

Just going to throw this out there- I wouldn't recommend you go to a methadone clinic as a pain patient. First, most clinics in the US have wait lists. Some of the ones that don't take insurance might accept you, but there's a high chance you'd still be screwed if you live in an area where the only one is 60mi away. Also, I don't know if clinics are registered with prescription databases (probably, they have dr's working there) but even if you go to one and say you're an addict as opposed to a pain patient, they could still look you up in the script database run by your state and figure it out. The methadone clinics in my area, (there are several, like 5+ w/in a 30mile radius) none allow pain patients to enter into treatment without first making them go to an inpatient detox, and then basically forcing them to use street drugs upon leaving just to get on with the clinic. Stupid, I know, but I'm willing to bet this occurs in other locations. If you managed to get onto one you'd effectively screw yourself out of pain management now and for the foreseeable future.

you just totally answered a question i posited in another thread

Had compression fractures in spine,Dr put me on Oxys, made them last 2 days past refill due date(thanks to morphine lady),called Friday morning. Return call at 4:45pm, no refill unless you see Dr, no appointments until Wednesday. Nurse instructs me to go to ER if it gets to bad. Go,tell ER Doc what I was told by nurse,get labeled as pill seeker. All hospitals in area notified.
Go to hospital 2 years later with blood clots in leg,swelled up 3times normal size,given shots of Toradol(strong Advil basically)in ER though pain level at a 9. Same after admission to room. 2 days bitching they add 2 Tramadol a day.
Stay away from ER unless you are bleeding out both sides of your neck!

My experience in CO, even if you're in severe pain, AND have your medications with you, is that they MIGHT give you a shot of Zofran, rehydrate you if needed, and then tell you to get the heck out of the ER.

And my third bout of pancreatitis. If you have acute pancreatitis, procedure is go directly to emergency room, get 1)stomach acid blocker 2)anti-nausea meds for 3)dilaudid or morphine or the strongest you have, IV quick. (Then wait for CTs and your room and please another blast)

Third time same hospital, same records, tell them what it is. I'm used to waiting an hour writhing in agony for the labs to prove what everyone knew. "Doc, it's the pancreas again." This time: "And what do you want me to do about it?" After I murdered his entire family with my face, he gave me two like ibuprofen or something, reluctantly orders labs. Labs come back, acute pancreatitis. Dilaudid stat!

But you know what, it's not the fucking junkies (mostly). Who really cares if they get a fix? Let's make whole regulatory agencies track them to make sure they don't get an extra script somewhere. How much of a doctor's (actually the nurse and staff's) time is spent wasted with malingering drug seekers, compared to the time spent having to deal with the insane schedule cabinets and procedures? I've delivered drugs on a hospital floor. It takes serious time to hunt down nurses willing to witness or be witnessed to drop off a single tab of norco, my time and theirs; and allah help you if one is missing somewhere (how much time must it take to bust open those triple-glass sealed morphine syringes? (I mean, officially)). It's chickenshit morality to keep enjoyment away from people just because you don't think they deserve it.

For the junkie in withdrawal, it is relief from suffering to get a hit. Surely it doesn't feel as good as they'd like? IDK, they say stuff like that with drugs, "never as good as the first time," which is wrong in about every way. I mean, a random cigarette doesn't feel like much of anything, the first one makes you kind of sick, but after an entire night in jail, it's some serious toe-curling shit.

But it's their fault for getting hooked, right? They abused it for their enjoyment, so now we should all suffer. (Guess I'm not sure what you mean, Mr. Taco)

You mean there's a moral difference between the two sensations?

Or they are quantifiably different?

I'm going to have to paraphrase Mr. Spock, about the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the one (everyone knows what I'm talking about).

I want to be clear, I don't go out of my way to relieve addicts of their suffering, any more than I expected someone would help me out when sick from my own substances.

But we have added millions of people to the list of the suffering, in order to deny relief to thousands.

Why would we ever do that? It's because of that chickenshit moralism, that easy elevation of oneself over the lowly addict, Some people get upset to hear that a mother used her food stamps to get her kids McDonalds. Not only did she not earn that meal, but she should suffer the tears of her children. I mean, maybe she is a deadbeat addicted to gubmit teat, who gives a flying fuck give her kid a happy meal.

Ok, how much of one's suffering throughout life is due to poor decisions? What if everyone could see those and judge you, and deny you any relief for those mistakes?

It's just the sense of righteous indignation, at the shivering dope sick con man trying to trick you out of your meds, that I have a problem with. A junkie didn't fuck me over at the ER, the goddamned doctor did.

we cannot rely on doctors and hospital if you are in severe pain and not spilling out intestines through an open wound.

otherwise....keep heroin on you at all times if you are prone to chronic pain.

They help eventually if your organs are digesting themselves. That shows up on scans at least.

Wouldn't it be much simpler to just make sure you always have a supply of suboxone just in case you can't score? That seems like a much cheaper and logical option than dealing with the hassle of a hospital...where you have a slim to none chance of getting actual help/relief(but a good chance of receiving a HUGE medical bill).

At least that's what I did back when I was using. In fact I'm pretty sure I still have a bunch of 8mg suboxone pills and a couple 8 mg sub strips from several years ago when I was still an addict. I have no idea where I last saw my suboxone, but I know I still have it. It gave me a sense of security when I wasn't sure if I would be able to score.

doubt it as opiate wd can't kill you but malnourishment can they left me without pregabs diazepam oxycodone and quetiapine for 3 days only gave me my dose after 2 cyckizine injections because I was vomiting every 5mins until blood came out I chewed a 20mg oxy felt but better but weren't til I had pregab the withdrawals fuLlyou stopped they woukdnt give me diazepam as I had taken 40 trams 300cl vodka 42erfebt and 40mg diazepam and 80mg oxycodone didn't tell them that thought all what happened was inwas smashed out my head then slept foreally abou 12hours.

doubt it as opiate wd can't kill you but malnourishment can they left me without pregabs diazepam oxycodone and quetiapine for 3 days only gave me my dose after 2 cyckizine injections because I was vomiting every 5mins until blood came out I chewed a 20mg oxy felt but better but weren't til I had pregab the withdrawals fuLlyou stopped they woukdnt give me diazepam as I had taken 40 trams 300cl vodka 42erfebt and 40mg diazepam and 80mg oxycodone didn't tell them that thought all what happened was inwas smashed out my head then slept foreally abou 12hours.

.....what?

bad grammar sorry. basically withdrawal from pregab 600mg 10mg diazepam 60mg oxycodone and 100mg questia pine made me go nearly 3 days without tabs it was horrible.

@HezzaD withdrawal from pregab 600mg 10mg diazepam 60mg oxycodone and 100mg questia pine

I was gonna say, withhold a drunk his meds, and he can seize right up on you to teach you a lesson. The drunk wont feel a thing, but it'll scare the hell out of you. Plus he might pee on your floor.

But coming off benzos and Lyrica, and 300 centi-liters? of booze? So 3 liters?
Are you sure you aren't seizing now?
(You get credit for "questia pine"; google turned "quetiapine" right up, so it must be autocorrect)

So who were these people? US hospital ER staff? You had to be hurting if you were admitted for over 3 days.
And are you feeling better?