• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is heroin hated

Mikkyme

Bluelighter
Just a quicky , why is herion seen so badley?
what does it do that makes it ugly?

Lots of people lose their lives to some degree because of heroin, I guess that's the main reason.

I think because it's a strong drug and it kills many people, unlike weed or natural psychedelics...

because when u r on it you'd sell your own mother and murder an old granny inocently strolling down the street.

Sorry couldnt resist some sarcasm. its hated bc its feared. Its feared bc of good reasons: addiction/death from OD. Its also hated cuz some twats decide that once they are an addict it gives them the right to steal from friends or non-friends with realtive impunity. The truth however is somewhere in between and its routed in the action and cost of the drug.

Heroin is both cheap and expensive: cheap when u first start and expensive when ur habit is high. The cost of fuelling this habit has to come from somewhere: for ppl without a disposable income = crime/dealing/prostitution, for ppl with money - well you wont hear of them but they're there.

Today its less hated than it was 15 yrs ago and the reason for this it that you dont have to inject it. Before the arrival of No3 heroin most of it was so cut, the only way was to IV, now things have changed, the market is flooded with high quality No3 which can be smoked/snorted/injected and shoved up your ass (although i dont think many do this, lol). So its the old case of social taboos - IV drug use, aids, hep c, stealing. These are the main fears by most non-heroin drug users as for the rest of society, well cannabis will make you want to rob your own mother - lol.

It has pretty much been singled out and given cult status as the "ultimate high". In reality it is far from being some kind of instant orgasmic superdrug - and doesn't necessarily hook you at all.

But certainly becoming dependant on Heroin is a pretty good way to have your life turn to utter shit.

--- G.

I've seen pretty much both sides of Heroin use. I have seen junkies that would give anything for their next dose and go completely insane if they don't get it. ..And I've seen people that can use it once in a while and stay in control. To be honest, I do fear Heroin even though I've used it three times. I know what it can do, and I know the addiction potential. What is strange is that I like Oxycontin much better than Heroin, yet it doesn't scare me in the slightest, and it is not as addictive to me. Heroin seems to make many people crave it after one use of it even if the person didn't enjoy it that much.

I think it's social conditioning, you're "supposed" to fiend for heroin - oxy is just "medicine". Yet when it comes down to it - they are extremely similar in terms of effects.

--- G.

I give heroin a bad rep because it has killed quite a few people who I used to party with (grant you some of their lives were so f'd that this was probably better anyways).
A good friend of mine has been in and out of jail because of this substance for the past couple years. Not so much directly related to it (since getting busted buying it in Newark NJ is like a slap on the wrist) but getting caught shoplifting, etc in order to get funds to buy the garbage.
The extent that junkies will go to get H is ridiculous. Spending every cent of their paychecks (if they can even hold down a job) and even paying people like 20-30 bucks just for a ride to the Newark projects to pick up a couple lousy bags.
And if you try to be nice to a friend and give them a ride they dont even have the dececy to wait to get home. The needle comes right out while still in a dangerous area. Ive heard it too many times. 'IM SICK. I cant wait.'
bullsh*t! life is rough. Dont F with it if you cant handle it.

1 last thing- taking some powder that you just bought on the street from some stranger (usually) and proceeding to jam it into your vein without even heating it up to attempt to purify it. And using a cigerette filter to draw it from the spoon. Real intelligent.

Im sticking with my occasional vicodin - works for me. sorry to rant. This sh*t screws people up. Just look at the crack/heroin whores who will suck you off for half a bag. unbelievable!!!

Im confused why this dumb ass even asked this question?? Heroin kills! Thats why its bad and thats why its feared. Read up on some stories on Erowid or something, that might give you an idea about what it does

where i live it's fine to do coke or meth and be a raging alcoholic but as soon as you mention heroin you get all sorts of weird looks (although other opiates are fine).

Im confused why this dumb ass even asked this question?? Heroin kills! Thats why its bad and thats why its feared. Read up on some stories on Erowid or something, that might give you an idea about what it does.-4theloveofE

I'm confused why you would make a post like that with no info at all in it. ;)-Oh, right, heroin kills. Thanks for the news flash Babwa Walters.

Ever seen Requiem for a Dream?
yeah, a lot of people have.

Although the drug used in Requiem seems to be heroin the director said that it is not a real drug, just one he made up for the movie.

Neddle stigma and ignorance, plain and simple.

All "heroin" is is diacetylmorphine, another strong opiate like oxycodone or dilaudid.

"... and one bottle of valium, which i have procured from my mother, who in her own socially acceptable way is also a drug addict" - mark renton.

I always love it when these family value holding housewives preach against the evils of drugs as they take a V or percocet to "calm their nerves".. Ironically oxycodone, the ingredient in percocet is just as potent as heroin on a mg per mg basis..

It has nothing to do with the crutch, it has to do with which crutch you choose.. Illicit drugs bad. Percription drugs, tv, food, religion, etc = o.k.!

It's just the stigma surrounding heroin use.

Addicts have been known to do some crazy things to get more heroin.

Also, heroin is produced primarily in countries that the U.S. and other world powers deem very violent and corrupted.

Thirdly, heroin is most widely used through injection, which is in itself a rather scary method to be using drugs in.

"I always love it when these family value holding housewives preach against the evils of drugs as they take a V or percocet to "calm their nerves".. "

Brilliant!! I should print that onto a t-shirt!!!

It's so true though.....My mother has been addicted to benzos for 6 yaers now, and she has to cheek to moan about my drug use...lol bless her

Piper methysticum said:
I've seen pretty much both sides of Heroin use. I have seen junkies that would give anything for their next dose and go completely insane if they don't get it. ..And I've seen people that can use it once in a while and stay in control. To be honest, I do fear Heroin even though I've used it three times. I know what it can do, and I know the addiction potential. What is strange is that I like Oxycontin much better than Heroin, yet it doesn't scare me in the slightest, and it is not as addictive to me. Heroin seems to make many people crave it after one use of it even if the person didn't enjoy it that much.

well put

when i first tried H my initial reaction was 'so this is H?'

its built up way too much by the media and hype. the simple truth is that it is fairly easy to become addicted and once addicted its a life long illness. however this has been overblown to where people think everyone who uses gets addicted, there is no such thing as a casual user, and possibly because addicts would do anything for a shot, people believe that shot must be better than a million orgasms. the reality is that the feeling grows on you, you grow to love it, and once you are addicted you need the shit to feel normal, or you have to go through terribly painful withdrawls.

everyone has that image of a destitute needle using junkie in their head too

so generally id say, heroin-based on truth, but greatly exaggerated

Requiem for a Dream - the part with his arm - i personaly have never seen anyone have this condition.

- Heroin Kills - wow, so does smoking/alcohol/driving and getting run over by buses. Very enlightening!! Statisticaly heroin kills less ppl. Notice most deaths from heroin involve another drug usually alcohol.

- Heroin is just a chemical compound. Its the person who takes it who decides their fate.

- As for the majority injecting this isnt true. In the UK the overwhelming majority of heroin addicts smoke it.

->My friend was in the hospital a couple times over the years for abcesses that developed on his arms due to injecting dope and coke. They were so disgusting looking and extremely painful to him. They actually stunk.
The worst time he nearly lost his arm since he was in the hospital on charity care and they didnt want to cover the money for cipro (way expensive). He did recover but still continues to abuse the hell out of himself when he can (ie: when hes not in jail).

->I personally dont see a problem with someone who can use heroin with some self control and not get strung out -thats their business. Just dont go robbing innocent people to get cash to support your habit.

->If the s*it doesnt make you high any longer and just makes you not feel sick it seems like a good idea to attempt to quit. Why waste money that could be spent on drugs that will mess you up proper??? IMHO: Pot, LSD, mushrooms, and Ketamine are more worthwhile substances

->I would never do heroin but do love to use Vicodin once a week. I like the fact that I can get this wonderful substance in a pill to be eaten and not have to sniff/shoot strange powder that came from the streets.