• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is heroin hated

raoulduke said:
Heroin is heroin, the devil. Heroin is not a joke, when you try it you move on from the fantasy sissy world of drugs the innocent world of drugs and you move on to the king Lucifer. With drugs everything isnt that bad, with heroin ALL the dangers are real. All the warnings are real. Everything youve heard is real. Is it far far from a joke.

certainly it isn't a joke but we don't need more scare tactics, imo.

i've no experience with h myself but my sister did it a few times and now she is learning to be a teacher in primary school and everything goes well for her...and i don't want to advocate the use of h but it's not EVIL it's just a substance you must know the FACTS about it and use it in consequence.
and know how addictive is your personality.

and why h is hated ? maybe because of these scare tactics ;)

I hate heroin because it made me an addict after 1 week of use. I still did it daily for the next week, but gave it up after that, because I knew my life was headed down the drain. It is a wonderful drug, and a shit one. It will rule your thoughts and your body if you let it. I will not do it again. It's too big a risk, especially when there are so many other good, but relatively safe drugs out there.

Heroin scares me..because I do know, and it is not unknown to me, with the exception of the actual experience. The sight, the preperations for shooting up, the facial expressions, the behavior, the come-down, seeing friends yell, scream, twisting with rage and trying to keep the addict's cravings at safe distance. I know I could never be mentally strong enough to handle Heroin..so I will not take any chances. I generally stay away from opiates..and was sad when I realized my pain medication was a synthetic form of that pretty opium. And I always test my mental capabilities for "want and need". Safe exploring everyone!

...because all the people against it wish they were on it because they know just how good it really is.

Mikkyme said:
Just a quicky , why is herion seen so badley?
what does it do that makes it ugly?

I asked my Mom the same question when I was a kid, except instead of about heroin I asked about my dad... why was he seen so badly, what did he do that made him ugly? her answer, heroin...

Heroin is hated by some because it consumes the addicts life. Most junkies have a love/hate relationship with H.

Why?Because ignorant people tend to vilify inanimate objects[heroin]instead of the actual root of the problem[prohibition]. Its human nature to shift blame in unpleasant situations.A junkie steals his moms v.c.r.?It must be heroins fault.Prohibition causes the substance to be exorbiantly expensive,out of the price range of most people [when they develop an addiction].It causes people to rely on unhealthy illicit supplies by restricting access to pharmaceutically pure supplies with negligible health complications.With all due respect,in terms of the correlation between heroin and neurotoxicity,Id very much like to see the report in question as i've been studying the issue for close to 20 years and have yet to see a verifiable report. The individual who submitted the post about their incarcerated friend "whose life was ruined by heroin"is one of a great multitude who reject the concept of personal responsiblity.The friend pretty much burns every bridge in their life and a semi-synthetic botanical extract is to blame?Like the cliche says,"cant see the forest for the trees." The individual who offered the cheerful scenario of a person so nodded out that they failed to move an extremity for so long that the eventual consequence became amputation...While I concede that it is medically possible,I consider it very unlikely.What is an actual danger though is the case of people sitting in a seat for long periods of time during international airtravel.The prolonged sitting causes bloodclots to form in their legs and when these same people arrive at their destination and disembark these bloodclots loosen and upon reaching the heart cause instant[and very painful]death.Should people ban international airtravel?Of course not.What these people should do is exercise common sense.These people should educate themselves about the consequences and possible danger of air travel and then act accordingly.By being proactive instead of reactive they avoid problems and the need to irrationally blame other people or things. On the subject of "Requiem For A Dream".....I have in fact known an individual who underwent amputation for his right arm because of complications from abscesses caused by improper intravenous drug use.That is not the part of the movie I take umbrage with.I take issue with the "supposedly authentic"scenes of I.V. heroin use.Who ever had the bright idea to make the pupils enlarge instead of dilate?One other scene that ruined the supposed authenticity of the film is the scene where the two main characters were waiting to "cop weight."Who ever came up with the idea of having the connection do business out of a refrigerated grocery truck ought to be exiled from the business.All in all,as a New York Jew[like the main character]-and a dopefiend to boot[again,just like the main character],I found the film mostly on the money.Come to think of it,i've seen many films having to do with dope but have yet to see one that portrays the lifestyle accurately.Hmmm...sounds like a fine idea for a thread.

because of
1) needle stigma !!!
2) Its shamefully good like -- ORGASM. and in fact If ORGASMS were sold in little baggies and injected (which they are sometimes lol)we'd all be more ashamed of them TOO
but NOOOOOOOOOOO, because people believe in God , sex is divine , a way to make babies, blahblah and orgasm is --- shhhh ---okay ...if you keep quiet about it. uh uh SPLORCH ! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
3) it's like a lost lover when you cant have it and we all hate LOST LOVE. If you ever have spent years on the needle and then stopped , you KNOW the heartache I mean.
4) it is thought of as dangerous, but cmon its just a medicine, a great painkiller.
we are the idiots; Heroin is The Wise one . IMHO

I personally have waged war with heroin? Why? Every one of my tweaker friends that have fallen to heroin have never come back, some are lost forever. FUCK HEROIN! IT ALSO MADE PUKEY AND THAT'S FUCKING GROSS! HEROIN IS THE "DARK SIDE," IT'S LIKE AN OKAY BODY HIGH WITH A DEPRESSION THAT SEEMS FLAMOROUS. FUCK I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, FUCK H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xXTOKERXx, I don't have the exact reference on hand, but my Dad's a doctor and has a few medical journals at home. He's shown me studies which have concluded that in fact, tailor-made cigarettes are actually more addictive than pure heroin over time.

^Maybe so but I'm sure withdrawal from Heroin is guna be a shitload worse than cigarettes. I gave up cigarettes cold turkey and although I felt like shit and was very irritable I certainly wasn't at a level you could liken to heroin withdrawal.

People get so pissed of at heroin , cause they see the people in the gutter and associate it with them.
if heroin or crack wasn't available the same people would probably sniff glue like in 3 world countries.

Neb said:
^Maybe so but I'm sure withdrawal from Heroin is guna be a shitload worse than cigarettes. I gave up cigarettes cold turkey and although I felt like shit and was very irritable I certainly wasn't at a level you could liken to heroin withdrawal.

that's very true. i've 'quit' smoking more times than i can count and the first week (heck the first two days) are by far the worst. I just thought it was interesting to bring up the cigarette example, because like so many others as a kid, i was brainwashed into assuming that after a single taste of heroin i'd be an all-consumed junkie who cared about nothing more than getting another hit...and another...and another!

I'll tell ya y this shits fucking hated because hanging out is the worst pain imaginable, imagine every muscle in ur body fucking cramping and seering with fucking pain even ur swelled up (coz ur veins have all collapsed and subsequently ur circulations fucked) fucking hands have pain in between the fucking nuckles and then u finally get on methadone and its the same fucking thing ur either hanging out or stoned.

Like a lot of people said, I think it is because of what junkies do to keep their habit and how the drug changes people.

I never touch anything but weed before I tried heroin at 20. Before that I was in college with a 4.0, set to graduate a year early. I was working 2 jobs and had good enough credit to buy a brand new Nissan with no co-signer. I paid for everything by myself with the exception on housing since I lived with my parents (who I really got along with--my mom was my best friend).

In just a year of use I used all my quit my job and dropped out of school. I used all my student loan money (some $7K), pawned everything I owned worth anything, pawned anything I could steal worth anything, lied to my parents, grandma and even friends about needing money for bills or gas or books for school to get money from them, debated (but thankfully didn't) outright stealing cash from them, wrote $800 worth of bad checks, would hit up every gas station on the way to the hood asking people for a "dollar or two" because I "ran out of gas" (often made $30 a trip)---I basically did everything but actually earn an honest living working.

On top of this, I continued to use heavily despite all the terrible consequences such as two arrests, two jail stints, sentence of 24-month probation, 7 detoxes, 3 outpatient treatments, 1 residential stay, 1 month in a 1/2way house before getting kicked out for relaspe. My parents kicked me out 3 times, I spent time living on the street, I attemtped suicide twice, lost all my best friends because I ignored them and the trust of every member in my family.

I'm scared of Heroin after all this...especially because I still want to use sometimes.

McFly said:
All that in 1 year? fucking hell.

Yeah. That's why for the courtcase still going on the drug probabtion wanted me to do outpatient since I've been clean a couple months but my regular probation officer said 90 day residential or jail. He figures that it took me 15 months to get to a place some people who have been using for decades are just getting to and that means he's going to treat me like I've been using for decades.

That logic seems a bit half-assed to me, but I guess you can't argue with the PO. :p