• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Which is worse: meth or coke?

Just to bring this thread to a close, I used some of the coke today and wasn't impressed, but then again uppers never appealed to me. Meth appears to definitely be worse than coke, and based on my experience with coke and other uppers I'm going to take the hint that I just don't seem to like uppers, so there's really no point in me trying meth anyway.

Thanks for posting guys.

Health wise? the obvious answer is meth, because it's so much longer acting and is putting that much more stress on your heart. Then adding in all the chemicals that go into making meth..

Unless you're just doing coke constantly all day everyday.

Just to bring this thread to a close, I used some of the coke today and wasn't impressed, but then again uppers never appealed to me. Meth appears to definitely be worse than coke, and based on my experience with coke and other uppers I'm going to take the hint that I just don't seem to like uppers, so there's really no point in me trying meth anyway.

Thanks for posting guys.

It was stepped on. If you ever read this: For the sake of your own sanity I hope you never smoke rocks or shards while under the influence of a Benzo, Shit like etizolam and buying some meth off the street is the perfect recipe for straight DEATH/JAIL/REHAB/DETOX.

Trick question. They can both be very damaging to the body depending on your typical ROA, not to mention the added damage caused by unknown cuts (cocaine and speed, from my exp. get cut more than any other drug) which can be severe as sudden death. One could use cocaine for days on end in the same fashion as my neighbors down the street. It has a little to do with how much you take and how long you have been using.

The way I see it, there's nothing more annoying and stupid than the paranoia, lying, and moodiness that comes with the territory of recreational stimulants

well when you break anything down to its purest form it becomes much more abusable, but the OP was asking about coke. and even when matched up against crack, i'd still put meth ahead of it. and although crack is about the same price as meth(at least around here it is) what you buy lasts longer and the high is more enjoyable, and i mean that in the absolute worse way possible.

OP you honestly got some weak, stepped on bullshit, but hey if that's what it takes for you to make the decision to leave it alone then write your dealer a thank you note :)

in regards to shooting coke, the only thing that will make you go broke quicker is literally giving all of your money away. i've been saying this since i IVed coke for the first time, there's something to be said about the addictiveness of coke when you IV, it literally turns into a different drug when you put it into your vein. the difference is so stark it scared me and i swore i'd never IV coke again. so take it from me and thousands of others and stick to insufflating if you're going to ever give it another go. just try to find some scale this time, i promise you'll change your outlook.

well when you break anything down to its purest form it becomes much more abusable, but the OP was asking about coke. and even when matched up against crack, i'd still put meth ahead of it. and although crack is about the same price as meth(at least around here it is) what you buy lasts longer and the high is more enjoyable, and i mean that in the absolute worse way possible.

OP you honestly got some weak, stepped on bullshit, but hey if that's what it takes for you to make the decision to leave it alone then write your dealer a thank you note :)

in regards to shooting coke, the only thing that will make you go broke quicker is literally giving all of your money away. i've been saying this since i IVed coke for the first time, there's something to be said about the addictiveness of coke when you IV, it literally turns into a different drug when you put it into your vein. the difference is so stark it scared me and i swore i'd never IV coke again. so take it from me and thousands of others and stick to insufflating if you're going to ever give it another go. just try to find some scale this time, i promise you'll change your outlook.

this is also what I have been told about the effects using IV coke. I hear it is above and beyond, but with my general predisposition towards particularly 'hard' drugs (heroin, speed,etc) and putting them into my veins, it's not something I should really I ever start doing.If I know what's good for me

this is also what I have been told about the effects using IV coke. I hear it is above and beyond, but with my general predisposition towards particularly 'hard' drugs (heroin, speed,etc) and putting them into my veins, it's not something I should really I ever start doing.If I know what's good for me

i personally find it hard to classify coke as a "hard" drug, IMO good coke only becomes a hard drug when you IV, insufflating it is child's play in the drug world and is honestly looked at as a common social thing around here, and around the rest of world actually. i mean to this day it's still used in the US medical field as a local anesthetic, albeit rarely, but it is used. because of this it's still only considered a schedule ll drug in the US, along with oxycodone and hydrocodone. hell Freud, arguably the greatest mind to ever contribute to the world of psychology, used cocaine regularly to write the same literature students read every day in school. obviously cocaine wasn't controlled at that point in history, but nevertheless it helped shape the world of psychology. not to mention it built the miami skyline :)

ok cocaine advocacy rant over lol

"Meth is a good drug if you need to walk to St. Louis one weekend" - Artie Lange

meth is a terrible substance, one of the worst in being the most neurotoxic and psychotic-inducing. And sleep-depriving.

The most ideal drug when it comes to drugs that can percipitate psychotic illnesses - i.e. psychadelics, stimulants, or general anesthetics - are drugs with very short half-lives (cocaine, shrooms, ketamine, propafil each have a half-life of ~under an hour)

One of the reasons why meth continues to chronically grind the user - aside from neurotoxic causes - is it's long half-life. A 12-hour half-life would mean that it would take 72 hours for an initial dose of meth to be 99% elimated. This same level of elimination could occur in 6 hours with cocaine. Making it less of an enduring grind.

i personally find it hard to classify coke as a "hard" drug, IMO good coke only becomes a hard drug when you IV, insufflating it is child's play in the drug world and is honestly looked at as a common social thing around here, and around the rest of world actually. i mean to this day it's still used in the US medical field as a local anesthetic, albeit rarely, but it is used. because of this it's still only considered a schedule ll drug in the US, along with oxycodone and hydrocodone. hell Freud, arguably the greatest mind to ever contribute to the world of psychology, used cocaine regularly to write the same literature students read every day in school. obviously cocaine wasn't controlled at that point in history, but nevertheless it helped shape the world of psychology. not to mention it built the miami skyline :)

ok cocaine advocacy rant over lol

^^^^This! Exactly. Except Freud was a fuck. I think a better question would be... which is worse: crack or meth? Because obviously snorting blow is pretty much the most casual and socially accepted form of drug use. I think about 80% of San Francisco's population regularly uses some form of cocaine, from the rich business men in the financial district to the crack heads on the street, that whole city is high on cocaine.

I shot 200mg of some expensive ass coke, clear water shit about 2 minutes ago, I can confirm it is the best feeling in the world, Fuck everything else I am king. also I am in the UK, meth is pretty fucking rare as far as I am aware. But I have tried it, had better times on regular amphetamine, if its good quality.

They're both pretty bad; but I have lived in areas where there was tons of cheap cocaine, and crack. I have also lived in areas where there was a lot of meth that was cheap and people used it as they could not afford coke which was probably more expensive, and you would read about people making it but people will do that anywhere they think they can get away with it. I have also lived in areas where heroin was extremely cheap and places that were in the middle of nowhere that had a major heroin problem with people overdosing, being arrested, etc.

Last edited:
Meth. Only messed with it a few times and it's bad news. Living in the tropics afforded me easy Coke and did it almost every day fur 6 years then just stopped cold turkey never desired it since but that was 8 years ago

So, which would be a worse habit to have, even if it's only occasional use: meth or coke?
Do you have stack of $100's or $10's you looking to make disappear? Well, if you have hundies, over the course of the night burn 10, if you wake-up and don't feel stupid and didn't have to borrow 9 of them, then it's coke for you! If it's tenners, do the same, but then stay awake for 3 days and take a cheese grater to your wiggly bits, it that sounds fun, tweak on!!

IV meth is a lot of a great thing, IV coke is only a little of a great thing. So obviously meth is "better". :)

It's definitely not in the spirit of HR, but IMO...if you're gonna do meth, IV is the way to go. I haven't slammed it in a while (3 months or so?) but the other ROAs seem lackluster once you've taken a good shot.

How long does say a 50mg shot of meth keep you noticeably high?

For me, usually a couple or few hours.

The residual stimulation lasts a LONG time, though.

If I was to IV say at 8am, would I be relatively sober by 5pm? I also have access to Seroquel and Clonazepam and Booze to come down.

Yeah the intense bits should be well over by then, if you don't redose - and you will be tempted to. You might need your other drugs to get to sleep that night.

If I had a choice of free and pure lines of either early in the day, I'd split the line of meth in two and take half and go to work. After work I might take the coke, but it's too instantly feindy for me, I'd just spend the rest of the night wanting more coke, at least meth takes care of that itch for a few hours and when it hits it's easier (for me) to ignore.

. The only time I've ever thought spending the money for a gram of coke was a good idea, is after taking an offered line of coke. I'm a working class bastard, a 100$ drug budget is a rare treat indeed, I could take care of myself all month on that....or I could do coke for a night and spend most of that night irritable.

Last edited:
I won't redose, I'm not worried about that. It would be a single IV shot of ~50mg of relatively decent ice.

I've only ever taken meth orally and insufflated, and both were more than 10 years ago.

I just don't want to end up at the dinner table at 5:30 looking and acting high. I know that I won't be super crazy high at that point, as IV is shorter duration, but I'd like to be pretty much sober as a judge at that point.

Not my ROA - can't really help you there.
Think your dose sounds a little high if you don't have a tolerance, but all the same you should be fine. More isn't always better with uppers the side effects start climbing a lot faster than the main effects well before OD territory.
- maybe a bit grumpy and edgy at 5:30, but not noticeably high.