Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did not like eachother at all haha.
That just confirms my already existing bias against Steven King as a novelist; Kubrick and Arthur C. Clark worked closely on writing 2001 and the book Clark turned out afterward differed marginally.

Never saw Dr. Sleep. My interest in it was due to my love of Ewan McGregor and Kubrick's rendition of the Shining, and after reading what the movie was about, decided I could wait till I could see it free some time.

Kubrick knew everything going on. I don’t understand how people can still watch his films and take them so literally. It’s not literal, he was clearly revealing what the elite are doing. That’s why he’s not alive today. They made sure they got rid of him so they could edit “Eyes Wide Shut.” He would have never let them do that while he was alive. It showed too much about what really happens during sacrifice rituals.
People need to stop taking movies literally and look at the deeper meaning, or else he wasted his time trying to expose things.

I need to watch ‘A Clockwork Orange’ over again since I see things different from many years ago when I first watched it. Kubrick was talking about mind-control/programming big time in that movie and it still goes on today.

Last edited:
I need to watch ‘A Clockwork Orange’ over again since I see things different from many years ago when I first watched it. Kubrick was talking about mind-control/programming big time in that movie.
I don't agree with you whatsoever when it comes to your theories; however, you're gonna love A Clockwork Orange, imo no other film has ever surpassed it in terms of sheer amount of symbolism per scene. Every. Freakin'. Scene... packed full of it.

It's not about mind control, it's about the innate hypocrisy and shortcomings of humanity/society. But... that's just my opinion, man. I think one of my favorite quotes is when his school master says, "Is it some Devil that crawls inside you?" right after punching Alex in the nuts while exclaiming he's the one man in this God forsaken community that wants to save him from himself. So much irony... so much.

"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling! I'm happy again. I'm laughing at clouds, so dark up above, the sun in my heart, and I'm ready for love."

I don’t understand how people can still watch his films and take them so literally.
Neither do I but I think we're on opposite ends of the same spectrum there.

Last edited:
@CoastTwoCoast have you seen 2001? Does it play into your NWO theory?

IMO it's about man meeting God. Not much evil in that... is there? Of course, Kubrick filled his films with dicks and phallic imagery and 2001 wasn't short on that. A Clockwork Orange was the most literal what with... all the dicks everywhere lol.

Also, what about his earlier films? The Killing? Lolita? Paths of Glory? I don't think there's a single drop of NWO to be found in there but the great thing about film is its subjective nature.

Last edited:
@CoastTwoCoast have you seen 2001? Does it play into your NWO theory?

IMO it's about man meeting God. Not much evil in that... is there? Of course, Kubrick filled his films with dicks and phallic imagery and 2001 wasn't short on that. A Clockwork Orange was the most literal what with... all the dicks everywhere lol.

Also, what about his earlier films? The Killing? Lolita? Paths of Glory? I don't think there's a single drop of NWO to be found in there but the great thing about film is its subjective nature.

Are you talking about the Space Odyssey movie? Haven’t seen it, but people say it alludes to the fact we weren’t really on the moon. They say when Odyssey was made, Kubrick was trying to let people know that the moon landing footage can be made to look real just like he did in that film. I’m not one to believe we didn’t go to the moon. It’s said that Kubrick was asked by NASA to make that footage. They trusted Kubrick to make the moon landing look real and it did...just like in the Odyssey film. I’m not saying I believe it 100%, but it’s food for thought. Odyssey was his way of trying to tell on them.

I haven’t seen all of his movies, but Kubrick’s films mostly tried to expose what he knows about the elite and secret societies. The Shining (definitely about mind control and trauma. There was even a Monarch butterfly on the little boy’s poster). Whenever you see a butterfly, it usually means Monarch mind control. That means a child is tortured/abused in order to detach and take on different personalities in order to be controlled and follow an evil agenda. That’s how the majority of celebrities are now, mind controlled with “handlers” around to trigger them back by saying certain words. For a child, sometimes it’s their own parents who is the handler before the parent sends the child off to a different handler for more “training”. Some say if you watch closely enough, there was evidence of Nicholson molesting his son in that movie. I need to see that one again since I have new eyes.

Eyes Wide Shut (We know that’s about exposing secret societies and rituals).

In ‘Clockwork’ isn’t there a scene where they pry his eyes open with instruments and brainwash him, forcing him to take in different images? That’s what I mean about mind control/programming. I will watch that one tonight so I can give my interpretation. There was definitely brainwashing going on in that film.

You asked what about his earlier films, how come they didn’t allure to NWO?Kubrick knew he couldn’t just go right in for the kill or he wouldn’t get hired. He had to take it easy at first, then when he started gaining more recognition and fame, that’s when he started making movies that told more of the truth. He had to get his foot in the door first before he started calling them out for their bullshit. Makes sense.

Here’s a short documentary explaining the hidden messages. It’s interesting anyway how this guy breaks it down. He seems to know what he’s talking about.

Last edited:
I like Stanley Kubrick's films too. "The Shining" is one of my favorite films, and perhaps my favorite film within the Horror/Thriller genre..."Dr. Strangelove" was another one I remember liking quite a bit, although I saw it a while back in a political science class and don't remember much of it. "Full Metal Jacket" is fantastic blend of dark comedy and drama, set against the backdrop of the Vietnam War (with an interesting depiction of urban warfare, rather than the more traditional rendering of the war as a conflict set in the jungle). "Eyes Wide Shut" was another good one, I remember catching that one on TV late one night after getting stoned and enjoyed the film's weird psychosexual themes and the way the movie's structure allowed the viewer to draw some of their own conclusions about what was happening in the plot.

Didn't much care for "A Clockwork Orange", either the book by Anthony Burgess or Kubrick's film.

"2001" I saw waaaaaay back, when I was still in elementary school, and remember almost nothing from the film except the part with the monkeys and the monolith. I've been fascinated by prehistory ever since reading National Geographic's "Dawn of Humans" series and a couple anthropological books on the topic, and that's probably one of the most famous cinematic depictions of prehistory.

In one of the Dawn of Humans issues an archaeologist was discussing a potential ceremonial altar he had unearthed at a site in Germany that dated back to almost half a million years old (associated with the archaic human species H. erectus), and as I was reading about it I just imagined the monolith in the background as some ancient European cavepeople fashioned bone or rocks or whatever they were doing back then, LOL. That scene had a big effect on me!

After Hours (1985, Martin Scorsese)

I watch it again after more than 10 years. It's one of Martin Scorsese's most overlooked films. From Scorsese's eighties, I prefer The King of Comedy to tell the truth, but this is great too. Wonderful cast, full of familiar faces that you will recognize (Griffin Dunne, Rosanna Arquette, John Heard, Catherine O'Hara, Linda Fiorentino, etc.). Also it's incredible that it has not yet been released in Bluray.

8/10

Last edited:
Yes, I meant 2001: A Space Odyssey. I don’t buy into NASA conspiracies... how is it easier to believe an absurd conspiracy involving 300000 employees than it is to believe man has ingenuity and intellect? Not asking you C2C, rather a rhetorical question... I’m 100% behind our space program. I think I’ve expressed why in the past so I won’t digress further.

The scene in a clockwork orange where his “glassies” are held open and he’s forced to be sick when he sees sex and violence, yes, that’s clearly mind programming, for the purpose of the plot, to expose hypocrisy. The doctor in the scene even tells him that he should leave the deciding up to the brains on whether he was “cured”. But it’s not the point of the film. By far the most uncomfortable scene to watch. The actor was actually about to vomit because they didn’t have CGI back then, they literally put clamps on his lids, so his acting is very real lol. Hell the whole film is about how our exposure to sex and violence on film is hypocritical considering we don’t want those things to happen, so to speak. I could go on and on it’s my favorite movie.

But yeah, 2001 was a collaboration between Arthur C Clarke and Kubrick to create the ultimate sci-fi; I’d argue Blade Runner: The Directors Cut is the best now but that came out some 15 ish years later. It too tackles existential questioning. Just give it a watch guys it’s a very subjective film.

I like Stanley Kubrick's films too. "The Shining" is one of my favorite films, and perhaps my favorite film within the Horror/Thriller genre..."Dr. Strangelove" was another one I remember liking quite a bit, although I saw it a while back in a political science class and don't remember much of it. "Full Metal Jacket" is fantastic blend of dark comedy and drama, set against the backdrop of the Vietnam War (with an interesting depiction of urban warfare, rather than the more traditional rendering of the war as a conflict set in the jungle). "Eyes Wide Shut" was another good one, I remember catching that one on TV late one night after getting stoned and enjoyed the film's weird psychosexual themes and the way the movie's structure allowed the viewer to draw some of their own conclusions about what was happening in the plot.

Didn't much care for "A Clockwork Orange", either the book by Anthony Burgess or Kubrick's film.

"2001" I saw waaaaaay back, when I was still in elementary school, and remember almost nothing from the film except the part with the monkeys and the monolith. I've been fascinated by prehistory ever since reading National Geographic's "Dawn of Humans" series and a couple anthropological books on the topic, and that's probably one of the most famous cinematic depictions of prehistory.

In one of the Dawn of Humans issues an archaeologist was discussing a potential ceremonial altar he had unearthed at a site in Germany that dated back to almost half a million years old (associated with the archaic human species H. erectus), and as I was reading about it I just imagined the monolith in the background as some ancient European cavepeople fashioned bone or rocks or whatever they were doing back then, LOL. That scene had a big effect on me!
I perceive the monolith to be the hand of God and it’s expressed further in Clark’s follow up novel.

Surprised you didn’t like a Clockwork Orange nor the book. I actually haven’t gotten around to the novel, the film is just so amazing. Almost (if not all?) every single Kubrick film is an adapted screenplay from a novel or novella. The man was a voracious reader.

Yeah, I know exactly why you have sensitivities to NASA. I used to believe in them too. Many people have their own agenda there and it’s not a good one. It’s full of lies. I’ll leave it at that.

Yes, I meant 2001: A Space Odyssey. I don’t buy into NASA conspiracies... how is it easier to believe an absurd conspiracy involving 300000 employees than it is to believe man has ingenuity and intellect? Not asking you C2C, rather a rhetorical question... I’m 100% behind our space program. I think I’ve expressed why in the past so I won’t digress further.

The scene in a clockwork orange where his “glassies” are held open and he’s forced to be sick when he sees sex and violence, yes, that’s clearly mind programming, for the purpose of the plot, to expose hypocrisy. The doctor in the scene even tells him that he should leave the deciding up to the brains on whether he was “cured”. But it’s not the point of the film. By far the most uncomfortable scene to watch. The actor was actually about to vomit because they didn’t have CGI back then, they literally put clamps on his lids, so his acting is very real lol. Hell the whole film is about how our exposure to sex and violence on film is hypocritical considering we don’t want those things to happen, so to speak. I could go on and on it’s my favorite movie.

But yeah, 2001 was a collaboration between Arthur C Clarke and Kubrick to create the ultimate sci-fi; I’d argue Blade Runner: The Directors Cut is the best now but that came out some 15 ish years later. It too tackles existential questioning. Just give it a watch guys it’s a very subjective film.

Did you watch the video I attached? It’s not long. That guy is very intricate when speaking about Kubrick’s films. He knows all about the movies so his point of view is fascinating. I haven’t seen them all so I don’t know details like that guy does.

Did you watch the video I attached? It’s not long. That guy is very intricate when speaking about Kubrick’s films. He knows all about the movies so his point of view is fascinating. I haven’t seen them all so I don’t know details like that guy does.

I’ll have to get around to it tomorrow I’m on the downward slope towards bed with some etiz and my wife wants me off my phone lol. I’ll get back to you on that.

if he were alive today he'd be nearly 92 years old. his age had nothing to do with it?

alasdair

LOL! He could’ve survived into his 90s if he wasn’t murdered. My point was he was killed right before “Eyes Wide Shut” was released in theaters. His scenes with the rituals of elites in those sex/sacrifice parties were too much like what really goes on. They needed that out so killed him. He wouldn’t have let them edit anything if he was alive.

He was only 70 years old when he was killed in 1999. They claim heart attack. Yeah right. Even his family said he never had heart trouble.

do you have any proof of this claim?

if they were so concerned about people seeing the private party scenes why was the film ever released at all?

no history of heart trouble and a heart attack are hardly mutually exclusive are they?

alasdair

do you have any proof of this claim?

if they were so concerned about people seeing the private party scenes why was the film ever released at all?

no history of heart trouble and a heart attack are hardly mutually exclusive are they?

alasdair

Any proof of what claim?
Fact is he died before the film came out.
Fact is they heavily edited it after he died before it was released to theaters.
Fact is he was exposing a lot about the elite they didn’t want known. When people do that, they get rid of them.
It’s also a fact they lie to cover up what they’ve done all the time.
If you still believe every cause of death you read especially for celebrities, then I can’t help you anyway.

You can research Kubrick and come to your own conclusions. I really don’t care about trying to prove anything to anyone. It’s a waste of time. Believe what you want.

Cold Comfort Farm - The 1995 British comedy film directed by John Schlesinger and produced by the BBC and Thames Television, an adaptation of Stella Gibbons' 1932 book of the same name, the film stars Kate Beckinsale and Rufus Sewell. A heartwarming comedy full of charm and clever satire. Kate Beckinsale stars as Flora Poste, a London society girl. Recently orphaned, Flora ignores the sage advice of Mrs. Smiley (Joanna Lumley) and moves to the country to live on a decrepit farm with her eccentric relatives.

Fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.