Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gemini Man (2019)

The recent Will Smith film, where he is a retired sniper but his old boss cloned him and sends the younger clone to kill the original. Add in a semi-hot gov't agent that gets burned and he protects, and a friend or two along the way from 'the good old days' who get killed because. And there! I've spoiled it for yo...uh, saved you from wasting your time. Action sequences are ok, but not great. Plot is paper thin, and as subtle as a fire engine wailing down your street. The only decent thing is maybe the special effects (and almost a thought of a nod to the concept...but not), on how they have old and young Will talking too each other. Don't waste your time, there are better ways to waste your time. Doesn't utterly suck. 5/10.

John Wick 3 - Parabellum (2019)

I believe the premise is that all 3 films take place over a short time frame (24h?) so maybe I'm missing something watching part 3 months after I'd seen the first two. If you know the first two, you know this one, priority is to set records for bullets fired and people killed in a film. Sometimes there is dialogue that moves the story along, but gunfire is the primary language. Lots of action, to include a middle segment with Halley Barry and her attack dogs, so we're pet friendly. How old is she now? She's still got it going on. Plot line is acceptable, given the first two, and I won't spoil that one, but it does hold the shootouts together. Great colors on the screen, a lot of ways to die, and did I mention a lot of gunfire? We've even got an underwater shooting! I'll admit, I write this with 30m left, and I've been surfing all the while on another screen = not really holding my attention. I will admit some visually great backgrounds for some of the fight scenes as they get blown up and destroyed. If you want another John Wick shoot-em-up, go for it, you'll get what you're after. If you want kick ass action sequences...it's getting a bit cliche and meh. If you want something meaningful, you took a wrong turn somewhere and it's your fault, not mine. Upper end of good, nowhere near great. 6.5/10

Girl on the Third Floor (2019)

A horror/ghost film. Kinda ok, though towards the end I felt like I'd missed some scenes or something as a few of the actions only made sense once I read about the film afterwards.

6/10

Polaroid (2019)

Another horror/ghost film. Utter drivel. So shit I just didn't bother watching after about 40 mins and sped through it. The plot is meaningless and stupid and you'll probably hate the total lack of any kind of logic for anything as well. Avoid.

1/10

Polaroid (2019)

Another horror/ghost film. Utter drivel. So shit I just didn't bother watching after about 40 mins and sped through it. The plot is meaningless and stupid and you'll probably hate the total lack of any kind of logic for anything as well. Avoid.

1/10

Saw that on Netflix a month or so ago. I concur, it’s a HUGE piece of shit! I went ahead and finished that turd since I was already far enough into it.
I’d give it a zero point zero. Super lame. It wasn’t even worth making.

• Haha
Reactions: CFC
Should give this one a watch if you haven't seen it:

Yeah, I was miffed they went to an animated film during the roll out of the MCU of great films (IMO)...but came away very, very pleased with this one. I recognized they simply couldn't have done it as live action with some of what they were doing. I didn't have much background other than liking the basic spiderman, so didn't have preconceived expectations. Again, very pleased with that one.

Colossal (2016)

This is a sci-fi/black comedy. It's one heck of a kooky, weird film. A pretty simple plot and one-dimensional, but actually quite a bit of fun. Worth watching (on Netflix).

6.5/10

I'm not a massive comic book movie guy in general. With that said the last one I really enjoyed was out of Marvel. Should give this one a watch if you haven't seen it:

watched it in theater when it came out. Top notch.
I read that there will be a sequel.

The Handmaiden (2016) by Park Chan-Wook

He’s one of my favorite directors of all-time. He made ‘Oldboy’ and ‘Thirst’, a few of my favorite J-Horror films.

The Handmaiden is brilliant!! This guy who is a con-artist comes up with a plan to make a wealthy woman fall in love with him and marry him. Then he will steal her money and put her in the looney bin.

He knows a girl who is skilled at being a thief and manipulator so he tells her the plan. The wealthy woman needs a new maid so he tells this girl to go work for her and help to convince the wealthy woman to marry him. She will get some of the money and possessions in the end when they put the wealthy woman away.

This movie is sick, demented, twisted and hot as fuck!

The wealthy woman is stunning and the maid gets in bed with her to comfort her. The woman asks what a man wants. The maid starts showing her how to kiss. They get really passionate and start sucking tits, going down on each other and scissoring. It was extremely graphic and detailed. My head almost exploded.

Aside from that, there are so many great plot twists and devilish plans. You have to be careful who you trust.

One of my favorite quotes is “What does a crook know about love?”

It’s on Amazon Prime.

^ South Korea has had some great entries in the thriller genre over the past couple decades..."Memories of Murder" (2003), "The Chaser" (2008) and "I Saw The Devil" (2010) were a few of my favorites...I haven't seen "Parasite" but, judging from the previews, it looks like something I'd probably like.

"I Saw The Devil", in particular, that one was excellent I thought lol. I wasn't prepared for how over-the-top it was, Choi Min-sik (of "Oldboy") was great as the film's demented villain. I'm sure that there have been some other more-recent entries that are good too, but I haven't been keeping up with whats been coming out recently

Watched Grandma’s Boy for the unpteenth time two nights back. Easily the funniest stoner flick of all time. All the Game Informer issues you see as posters in the background of Brainasium I still remember getting in the mail and reading. Found a huge pile of like 5 years of issues in my old closet at my parents house. Good memories. I wonder if they’re still publishing...

I watched wizard of gore pretty bad but entertaining, one of my fav stoner flix would
Harold and Kumar 2 and up in smoke and ill throw fear and loathing for good measure

I watched wizard of gore pretty bad but entertaining, one of my fav stoner flix would
Harold and Kumar 2 and up in smoke and ill throw fear and loathing for good measure
I don’t classify fear and loathing as a stoner flick, it’s not so much mindless humor as it is commentary and psychedelia. “You people killed Jesus! And you voted for Hubert Humphrey!”

Harold and Kumar films are funny but cliche. Cheche and Chong are classic but so cliche. pineapple express is probably my second fave after Grandma’s Boy, third would be Half Baked.

i guess its debatabal frear and loathing is more of a drug crazzed journalism at it's best... grandma's boy is funny but not my fav but funny

Deadcon (2019)

A horror/supernatural film. Possibly the least scary 'scary' film I've ever seen. There weren't even any jump scares. Another Netflix original I believe, and a really, really dull one too. Couldn't watch it all, it was just too boring. Avoid.

1/10

Another Netflix original I believe, and a really, really dull one too.
Why am I not surprised?
i guess its debatabal frear and loathing is more of a drug crazzed journalism at it's best... grandma's boy is funny but not my fav but funny
For sure, film is subjective :) I believe Hunter S. Thompson pioneered what they now call Gonzo journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.