• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

What music are you youngsters watching? v. Mother Fucking Videos (Embed videos here)

Mentes

Bluelighter
Never knew the sound had a name, or origin.
Pretty sure Joey Beltram - mentasm, is credited as being the first hoover tune, came out before dominator.

The sound was made on a Roland Juno synth and was massive in the UK hard house Nu NRG sound of the late 90s/early 00s

Bizzy-B also made some mental jungle hoover tracks in the early/mid 90s... Twisted mentasm is mental (bizzy b released a retrospective of his early stuff that's well worth picking up)

My fav of all the hoover tracks is The Leader by Tinrib, great samples from Mary Poppins (the A side is also quality Poppins action), Tinrib was a great record label for this kind of stuff. Also before hard house got too hard

Stuff by RR Fierce, Tinrib, Paul Glazby, Karim, OD404 and a few others were often hoover heavy.... Although to be honest, there were times when almost everything coming out in HH had a hoover in it! 😁

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Pretty sure Joey Beltram - mentasm, is credited as being the first hoover tune, came out before dominator.
Mentasm I rank above any dominator remix personally. Beltram/ 8+ records (y)

But that there was a name and machine behind that weird sound was ear opening.

What I would call the bubbling sound, Acid. Is available on cd, rebirth.one.TB-303 808 or 909 if I am correct. You probably know which sound I mean. I used to know a kid who father had a TB-303, we had no clue what it would do.

monstanoodle

Bluelight Crew

I'm on a Hip Hop / Rap vibe today it seems.

On an otter (small mammal) note, I finished my 1st track in ~7yrs t'other day! :D

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Tear shatting is a side effect of this one ;)

And to get the spirit up again. 'Oist hat a End' To all those Finnish Bluelighters and language expert's a translation of the title would be greatly appreciated. My internet skills left me with this one. Good track, nice bars . No clue what they are exactly singing, but the vibe is clear

If they are even Finn's, as that is as far as i+net got me.

Last edited:

F.U.B.A.R.

Moderator: BDD, OD, LAVA
Staff member
This landed in my inbox today. A track off Marc Almond's new album featuring Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Marc Almond (but not in a gay way) as I like his voice for some strange reason, and Jethro Tull were legends of course. It's a strange collaboration imo, but a good track which I'm sure will grow upon you. The video is also excellent.

Check it out:

steewith2ees

Moderator: M&ED, EADD, NASADD
Staff member
the piss artist formerly known as stevesircull (th
with a Youtube vid of a live set currently on the telle I actually have a genuine real time if predictably boring post to make, but as a huge fan of both Almond as a musician as well as a cultural icon (was he not the first UK artist to evangelise about the importance of Ecstasy and the first to produce music under its influence, both with respect to being actually high as well as in a broader sense?) I will most certainly give the above a look once I have finished with...

F.U.B.A.R.

Moderator: BDD, OD, LAVA
Staff member
with a Youtube vid of a live set currently on the telle I actually have a genuine real time if predictably boring post to make, but as a huge fan of both Almond as a musician as well as a cultural icon (was he not the first UK artist to evangelise about the importance of Ecstasy and the first to produce music under its influence, both with respect to being actually high as well as in a broader sense?) I will most certainly give the above a look once I have finished with...

Oh yes, that sounds good!! In fact the first few bars sounded like Hawkwind which made my ears prick up obviously. I've always said Hawkwind should have embraced dance music because they would have been masters (of the universe). A missed opportunity I feel...

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
This landed in my inbox today. A track off Marc Almond's new album featuring Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Marc Almond (but not in a gay way) as I like his voice for some strange reason, and Jethro Tull were legends of course. It's a strange collaboration imo, but a good track which I'm sure will grow upon you. The video is also excellent.

Check it out:

Weird how musical preference can differ so under circumstances unknown to me.

I am totally into beefing (rap thing), and emo shit like on the Johnny Cash DefAmerican recording's. And then you bust in with a gaylord track I wouldn't ever have guessed is on your playlist. Just for curiousity I am going in one more time. But you do realize this makes you a lot less hardcore by posting it.

Can I write this? You know I love you right!

Yeah takes some effort to relax into it. And then the story takes off, kinda Billy Eilish imo. I like it!

Last edited: