• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable. I will have the sample available from an associate in the US. Give me a week or two 👍

I honestly do not think we can discern magicDMA from MehDMA by the appearance of the crystals. If we can in fact it would be the other way around. All the perfectly clear crystals I ever got were Meh stuff and the magic always ranged from off-white/tan to dark amber. But the impression I got from following this thread is thay people have had Meh and magic on the whole spectrum of appearances without any real constant to guide us other tham "maybe" the smell.

That was my guess, but that's 02 wacker... He did a BENZ wacker which does not have the issue... see rhodiums comment below ;)

I wonder how one could make people understand that they aren't getting a 15% lower yield, but rather a final product which is 1.18 times stronger (as they aren't consuming 15% of filler, which in the best of scenarios is "inert", and which might even be toxic?).

There is one thing which is good news though - the 85:15 ratio stated before is for the O2 Wacker, while most people here make use of the BenzoQuinone Wacker. I have references on my page for BQ Wackers which are very ketone-selective.​

The testers idea was D isomer vs our bodies processing the L isomer more... At this point we are leaving nothing to chance

Oh I know I wasn’t referencing your post just that this has been an issue since long before now... Probably just more prevalent now for whatever reason.

-GC

We are only accepting samples within the usa at this time due to OPSEC. Seems your from downunder sorry mate.

I'll just mention it here in case others are interested, Vash why don't you try testing a sample of MDMA you have in your own possession to see if your methods/equipment/resources can actually detect the things we're looking before anyone even thinks about mailing anyone illegal drugs.

Like I mentioned, that study is all we have to go off of, and 9/28 samples had contamination of one or more regioisiomers, thats like 1 in 3 so its not unlikely something you'd have access to locally would contain the stuff. At this point it doesn't matter who's sample it is, we just need to know if you can actually test for it, in practice. You've mentioned in this thread you have access to MDMA, it'd be a good starting point to see some results gleaned from analyzing a sample of your own.

It'd be kinda pointless if someone goes through the risk/hassle/trust of mailing you something and turns out you can't find what we're looking for

I'll just mention it here in case others are interested, Vash why don't you try testing a sample of MDMA you have in your own possession to see if your methods/equipment/resources can actually detect the things we're looking before anyone even thinks about mailing anyone illegal drugs.

Like I mentioned, that study is all we have to go off of, and 9/28 samples had contamination of one or more regioisiomers, thats like 1 in 3 so its not unlikely something you'd have access to locally would contain the stuff. At this point it doesn't matter who's sample it is, we just need to know if you can actually test for it, in practice. You've mentioned in this thread you have access to MDMA, it'd be a good starting point to see some results gleaned from analyzing a sample of your own.

It'd be kinda pointless if someone goes through the risk/hassle/trust of mailing you something and turns out you can't find what we're looking for

you should read back earlier...

So now we are running HMQC. NOESY and TOCSY if HMQC comes up the way he thinks it will come up.

you should read back earlier...

So now we are running HMQC. NOESY and TOCSY if HMQC comes up the way he thinks it will come up.

Could you refer me to which posts? I keep up with this thread pretty well but I musta missed it

That all sounds fantastic, but unfortunately i don't know what any of that is or whether it can test for what we're trying to look at specifically, or if the person operating it knows how, etc. Just might as well do a test run first

Could you refer me to which posts? I keep up with this thread pretty well but I musta missed it

That all sounds fantastic, but unfortunately i don't know what any of that is or whether it can test for what we're trying to look at specifically, or if the person operating it knows how, etc. Just might as well do a test run first

The one talking about crystals on 157. there is even a picture of the inactive product.

Last edited:
Update. can anyone on here read NMR?

So TOCSY is showing a 3 system spin system.

First the aromatic 6. There we see the lone system out on the end and isolated by adjectent oxygen.

What is causing the peak at 10ppm. He doesn't know in "english because I'm tired oof copying texts back and forth

Partials like protons and neutrons spin. If you look at each peak on the left of the first spectrum and starting at a peak move your finger right, almost like Brail, you find 3 distinct brail/nmr patterns meaning 3 spin systems, then look at the molecule. You have the single CH2 out on the end, the pi or aromatic ring, and then on the (usually) right side all atoms connected by single bonds. Then if you know which peaks on the left belong to specific carbons you cas show that certain carbons are defiantly grouped together. Doesn't give the structure by its self but with all the other spectra it would be sound.....

The main problem I'm having is that we don't match literature spectra.....none of them.

First the aromatic 6. There we see the lone system out on the end and isolated by adjectent oxygen.

What is causing the peak at 10ppm. He doesn't know in "english because I'm tired oof copying texts back and forth

Partials like protons and neutrons spin. If you look at each peak on the left of the first spectrum and starting at a peak move your finger right, almost like Brail, you find 3 distinct brail/nmr patterns meaning 3 spin systems, then look at the molecule. You have the single CH2 out on the end, the pi or aromatic ring, and then on the (usually) right side all atoms connected by single bonds. Then if you know which peaks on the left belong to specific carbons you cas show that certain carbons are defiantly grouped together. Doesn't give the structure by its self but with all the other spectra it would be sound.....

The main problem I'm having is that we don't match literature spectra.....none of them.
TOCSY is not good for small molecules Look at the COSY spectra first to try make sense of it. I was never good at interpreting NMR during undergrad hell i know alot of older chemist aged 70+ who never bothered to learn NMR once it came around and still have not a clue on how to do it instead letting their undergrad or grad students do it for them lol.

Pretty sure Glubrahnum can "read" NMR, if by read you mean like interpret the results (if results are what you get from it? idk lol.) Back when I was going to send my samples to a proper NMR (not the university NMR that gave me skimpy results), he told me I should basically label the samples as "catacholamines" or something, so that they don't even know its MDMA, and ask for specific results for him to look at, so he certainly must know how to interpret the raw data into something useful

Also that "Dutch MDMA crystals - euphoric bliss" picture you posted G chem looks a lot like the really good stuff I've had, stuff even resembling that on markets stuff made up far less than 1% of the listings, rest looks like those other pictures. But at the same time, you could potentially wash any of it into those quartz crystals, right?

Last edited:
Pretty sure Glubrahnum can "read" NMR, if by read you mean like interpret the results (if results are what you get from it? idk lol.) Back when I was going to send my samples to a proper NMR (not the university NMR that gave me skimpy results), he told me I should basically label the samples as "catacholamines" or something, so that they don't even know its MDMA, and ask for specific results for him to look at, so he certainly must know how to interpret the raw data into something useful

Also that "Dutch MDMA crystals - euphoric bliss" picture you posted G chem looks a lot like the really good stuff I've had, stuff even resembling that on markets stuff made up far less than 1% of the listings, rest looks like those other pictures. But at the same time, you could potentially wash any of it into those quartz crystals, right?

I'll send him a pm

I can,

It looks to me that you, like others are cluelessly overcomplicating things for whatever reason. There is an old saying, All the gear no idea.

first get a 1H spectrum then 2 get a 13C spectrum THEN do 2d hetcor of some flavor.

do it all in D6 DMSO so you see the amine protons.

Post the spectrum, or the FID file or better post the capture folder then anyone with Mestrelab can process it.

otherwise you are wasting everyones time.

I can,

It looks to me that you, like others are cluelessly overcomplicating things for whatever reason. There is an old saying, All the gear no idea.

first get a 1H spectrum then 2 get a 13C spectrum THEN do 2d hetcor of some flavor.

Post the spectrum, or the FID file or better post the capture folder then anyone with Mestrelab can process it.

I have done just that. Sadly, I'm just the guy with the inactive batch with, luckily I know someone with access to NMR and such and who is curious why it's inactive and popping up as mdma My background has always been synethsis of MDMA so i'm out in the dark on analytics. I have also told him, to send all the folders/files so i could also upload when done on the next batch of testing you have suggested... Just in case I have figures for the last spectra but I think they are useless and not sure if in the right order he sent it either.

But I have told im and we are working on it.

the reason he ran
So now we are running HMQC. NOESY and TOCSY if HMQC comes up the way he thinks it will come up, is his idea was L vs D MDMA... but his theory was soon crushed... I have told him to do your way next.

Last edited:
I can,

Ill try and get the spectra.. He said he did all of that minus in DMSO. But he said it doesn't explain why there are 16 hydrogens in the spectra

Firstly, your product looks extremely impure and the worst crystal i have laid my eyes on ever its no wonder the spectra will be completely different to anything in literature there will be literally a whole bunch of compounds including solvent still in those crystals. If it went into NMR i would expect to see a spectra will gives you zero information as to the mdma and just showing a whole bunch of peaks for everything contained in it. Whoever is making that seriously lacks basic chemistry lab techniques is the glassware dry and clean? Proper molar ratios used and patience in re-crystallization formation. Going into isomer ratios is not the issue here its the fact that these people should go to college or a community college and get some proper lab technique and chemistry knowledge. No reason crystals should come out looking amber yelllow or anything because all that is just mdp2p oil leftover in the final product.

I have done just that. Sadly, I'm just the guy with the inactive batch with, luckily I know someone with access to NMR and such and who is curious why it's inactive and popping up as mdma My background has always been synethsis of MDMA so i'm out in the dark on analytics. I have also told him, to send all the folders/files so i could also upload when done on the next batch of testing you have suggested... Just in case I have figures for the last spectra but I think they are useless and not sure if in the right order he sent it either.

Hold up, entirely inactive and tests as MDMA? Or just doesnt quite produce the desired effects? Big difference

Make no mistake the "MehDMA" is certainly very active, just not in the "right" way

Hold up, entirely inactive and tests as MDMA? Or just doesnt quite produce the desired effects? Big difference

Make no mistake the "MehDMA" is certainly very active, just not in the "right" way

150mg I had teeth clenching... 250mg wasn't rolling. 400mg both me and her felt something

Last edited:
Firstly, your product looks extremely impure and the worst crystal i have laid my eyes on ever its no wonder the spectra will be completely different to anything in literature there will be literally a whole bunch of compounds including solvent still in those crystals. If it went into NMR i would expect to see a spectra will gives you zero information as to the mdma and just showing a whole bunch of peaks for everything contained in it. Whoever is making that seriously lacks basic chemistry lab techniques is the glassware dry and clean? Proper molar ratios used and patience in re-crystallization formation. Going into isomer ratios is not the issue here its the fact that these people should go to college or a community college and get some proper lab technique and chemistry knowledge. No reason crystals should come out looking amber yelllow or anything because all that is just mdp2p oil leftover in the final product.

Yes everything was dried, proper molar ratios. no recystalization was done just an acetone wash. TBH when crushed into a powder you wouldnt notice...the fact that both MALDI and NMR detected it as MDMA is concerning. He wanted to test the D vs L because HIS theory was our bodies process one vs the other better. He was quickly proven wrong thou He thought this because MALDI and NMR said MDMA.... But now upon closer review he is looking for the error...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.