• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not completely. Seroquel's half-life is 7h, which means that after 7 hours half of it is still in your system. After 14 hours - a quarter of it.

However, the most significant question should not be about the level of Seroquel remaining in your system but your long-term receptor deregulation? 2 years is "long-term" IMHO.
seroquel doesn't cause long term receptor deregulation unless you keep taking it. Soon as you stop it takes a few weeks to clear up. I know who on it for years stopped using it and trip just as hard and feel mdma the same as me.

The most drugs i ever did it a night was a strong hit of acid alot of weed a shit load of mdma. near the end of the acid i did edibles ritalin and 5 mg of xannax 200 mg of sequrel smoked a joint and did more mdma i woke up 20 hours with vague memories of drinking out of the toilet bowl lol.

Wiki: quetiapine is a dopamine, serotonin, and adrenergic antagonist, and a potent antihistamine with some anticholinergic properties - so if its antagonist it should upregulate the recoptors imo...

Wiki: At very low doses, quetiapine acts primarily as a histamine receptor blocker (antihistamine) and α1-adrenergic blocker. When the dose is increased, quetiapine activates the adrenergic system and binds strongly to serotonin receptors and autoreceptors

seroquel doesn't cause long term receptor deregulation unless you keep taking it. Soon as you stop it takes a few weeks to clear up.
Even so, "few weeks" is long-term, because Seroquel's effects persists long after the drug's elimination from the system.*
During this period the effects of MDMA can be interfered with so "majk13" is not a prime specimen for gauging the effect of this drug.

It does not mean he is wrong, but the chances that his observation of MDMA's effects were interfered with, are increased relative to someone who is not under influence of other drugs affecting the same receptors as MDMA.

* Also let's not conflate long-term dosing with long-term effects post cessation.

Last edited:
After a long reflection, I would like to write that maybe you are right, I apologize in advance if I confused this topic ...

It is possible that the drug affected mdma, and maybe I'm too old for such adventures (39) and maybe someone has deceived me during the purchase ...

I hope you solve the mdma puzzle, I will support you and who knows, maybe in the next 10 years I will try my beloved substance again??

Good luck friends.

I hope you solve the mdma puzzle, I will support you and who knows, maybe in the next 10 years I will try my beloved substance again??
If you are dedicated to the cause, or you have friends who are, you can still contribute to the research by submitting the pill for professional testing yourself. There are people on this forum who will help you to arrange that.

If the lab report indicates an unadulterated 3,4-MDMA salt, you can wait several months to become a "good specimen" for gauging its effects, ...or partner with some MDMA-naïve friend (or a long-time abstinent) to measure the blood Oxytocin levels 1h before and 2h after ingestion of 6.53μMol of 3,4-MDMA molecules per 1kg of body weight, on an empty stomach (without intervening activity), which would provide a hard to dismiss proof that there is something wrong with the drug despite the positive lab report.

seroquel doesn't cause long term receptor deregulation unless you keep taking it. Soon as you stop it takes a few weeks to clear up. I know who on it for years stopped using it and trip just as hard and feel mdma the same as me.

The most drugs i ever did it a night was a strong hit of acid alot of weed a shit load of mdma. near the end of the acid i did edibles ritalin and 5 mg of xannax 200 mg of sequrel smoked a joint and did more mdma i woke up 20 hours with vague memories of drinking out of the toilet bowl lol.
You just reminded me of an extraordinary feat of sleeping I did one time.

It was after a super but on paper, very heavy weekend. Friday night to Saturday night I took 16 Heart MDMA pills, very clean, about 90 mg.

No sleep, went to a outdoor rave party saturday, with a lot of ketamine use from early evening. Totally in another dimension but coherent and communicable. Hogh as can be, not having come down from the MDMA and the ketamibe added in always extended and changed the experience. No edge at all, and very hallucinogenic.

I took another 9 Heart pills by dawn, 25 in total over 2 nights and plenty of ketamine.

I then scored 3 hits of acid in the morning, very unexpectedly. Of cpurse it was not needed at the time, but I did take all 3 when I got back home about 9.30 am.

I remember how I put the 3 tabs in my mouth, expecting to hold onto the paper for a while, but they instantly fizzed and dissolved in seconds, with a tingle sensation like fizzy drink.

I left home to score some skunk and visited a friends house on Sunday morning. I stayed all day, the acid came up very gradually and subtly over many hours. It wasnt really until the evening that I reached peak, by which time we had been sessionong very heavily and messily on ketamine all day, including huge massive lines up to 0.5 nearly.

I was fine with all of this as I had an affinity for handling these intense hallucinogenic states. But I was incredibly high and on the maddest, most insane hallucinogenic buzz, hills and mountains everywhere but at the same time I was fully present in the room, aware of others, even was being made to try and play a card gane at one point by a misguided fellow. Didnt quite work out that one, I remember that is when the trip stepped up a notch, 10 hours after dropping the acid. Also after another, but different press, MDMA pill- hit me really hard that one.

The night went on with ket, cannabis and alcohol. Great night, couldnt have been happier and felt more normal haha honestly.

Eventually I blanked out and actually forgot several hours, which was and especially rare experience for me in all my years of drug taking, outside of downers which were scarce for me. I came to about 4 am to a sleeping room, made my way home.

I was due at work as a dustman but my mum was on holiday.

I needed sleep. So here is the amazing bit. I felt good, just cained and tired.

I slept for 14 hours straight, not even blinking. Wow, got up, tried to go about the day. I remember going out but I was feeling exceptionally cained. I was up for exactly
3 1/2 hours before sleep sucked me back to bed.

And I slept for ANOTHER 14 hours straight, exactly, without a blink! After that I felt fantastic and fully recharged. 28 hours of the deepest, most restful sleep vs 3.5 hours consciousness.

What a feat, I could badly use that kind of sleep catching up now.

This whole conversation about Seroquel got me thinking about my birth control (centchroman) again. Did some new searches and stumbled upon this:

However, the same is not the case with centchroman which markedly raised the level of MAO in mouse pituitary. It i quite possible that ccntchrornan acts through a positive feedback, thereby raising the enzymic activity.

Am I reading this right that Centchroman increases MAO activity? Would this be enough to potentially interfere in serotonin levels while rolling?

:ROFLMAO:

I don't know why, man, but that quote cracked me up.
Haha, thank you for seeing the funny side. I guess It's funny because it is so true. And I think my expression was captivating my realisation at the phenomenon of how you can be so totally at the absolute Max of your conscious capacity for psychedelic and empathogenic intoxication in a harmonious friendly atmosphere and be not just completely your normal self at the same time but 100% relaxed confident calm ok and sorted all round.

So when I look back on these memories it is a real marvel to me because these days I do not handle anything so well.

But the even bigger point here is how I really was not messed up or deranged or outside of myself but completely centred and together in an apparently perfectly emotionally stable and healthy condition.

I suffered no bad comedown or any difficult moments thoughts or feelings returning to normality. I was just very cained, slept it off, and bounced back to life ready to go again the following weekend I'm sure in prime spirit and fully recovered.

And this was just typical behaviour and experience for me between 2003 and 2005 after I came home from university to work full-time and take as much MDMA, LSD, ketamine and mushrooms as I could get my hands on.

Until Mr Lyme came along. I was fairly happy and content and comfortable in life right up until that moment despite obscene psychedelic use. Even when I took breaks I did not suffer depressive episodes or any difficult feelings or side effects which I remember which would dissuade me from continuing with my drug usage.

Those Mickey Mouse pills though, which I believe were Mehdma, I didnt like them at all, avoided if there was a choice.

Had I been taking that product the whole time instead of the high quality MDMA I was, I believe the picture and my experience may have been quite different, with no real positive side to the experience, no magic.

Am I reading this right that Centchroman increases MAO activity? Would this be enough to potentially interfere in serotonin levels while rolling?
IMO the deamination of MDMA in your body would be increased very slightly, resulting in a slightly shorter "roll" at worst. The increase in MAO activity is so small that I would not be surprised if its effect on serotonine and dopamine was not perceptible at all.

Just don't get any ideas of counteracting these Centchroman effects with MAO inhibitors. They are really dangerous together with MDMA. The risk is not worth it.

Last edited:
This whole conversation about Seroquel got me thinking about my birth control (centchroman) again. Did some new searches and stumbled upon this:

If had a significant effect it could have the potentinal to casue serotonin syndrome while on mdma. MAOs would decrease effects of mdma. But its not clear how much it increases the MAO activity but caution is probably best if using mdma on birth control.

Just don't get any ideas of counteracting these Centchroman effects with MAO inhibitors. They are really dangerous together with MDMA. The risk is not worth it.

I am aware of those risks, and the risks of mixing MDMA with other drugs in general. As I have mentioned in other threads, I was sitting by a friend who had a seizure due to mixing MDMA with another CYP2D6 drug. Well aware of the dangers of serotonin syndrome etc. However, I may be going off this birth control anyway, so, it would be interesting if that created a difference.

@TripSitterNZ...I have been on birth control for literally the entirety of my adult life. Just a matter of what kind. When you are a sexually active female who does not want kids, there are not a lot of other options.

I'm just wondering if this could be a factor for me. I used to use something totally different. If I am reading that article right, my old birth control (a typical estrogen/progesterone combo) would have actually inhibited the MAO, while my current birth control increases it.

I don't think they have a huge impact compared to traditional MAOS as far as i was aware my friends on birth control never had complications while using mdma and still had magic experiences but i have no idea what type they were on.

What isn't ?

The shitty stuff that people get these days when they buy "Ecstasy" or "Molly". The reason it doesn't seem the same "the days" is because those things often contain very little or even no MDMA. They're often a mix of research chemicals. If you got actual MDMA, it would be the same as always as the nature of the chemical itself would be identical.

The shitty stuff that people get these days when they buy "Ecstasy" or "Molly". The reason it doesn't seem the same "the days" is because those things often contain very little or even no MDMA. They're often a mix of research chemicals. If you got actual MDMA, it would be the same as always as the nature of the chemical itself would be identical.
Well this would absolutely categorically NOT fit with all of the evidence out there. i.e., lab anaylsis of these modern suspect pills shows MDMA in very high doses and no other active substances, NOT research chemicals.

Have you never actually looked at the ecstasydata site? Have a look and you will see that your statement is wildly incorrect. This thread has extensively discussed all such points maybe have a browse and you may see how wildly innacurate and unfounded your statement is.

If the issue really was that simple and obvious this matter would have been laid to bed a long time ago. But we are talking about the MDMA itself. Crystal, powder, pills, ALL of it. Not just pressed pills, some of which yes, may contain additional or other substances, but this is still very rare as confirmed by ongoing analysis.

The problem is with the MDMA itself. This has been very clearly established, just not scientifically proven or explained yet.

Which is the entire purpose or target of this thread. I would ecourage you to have a read and see if you can join us with the programme.

Well this would absolutely categorically NOT fit with all of the evidence out there. i.e., lab anaylsis of these modern suspect pills shows MDMA in very high doses and no other active substances, NOT research chemicals.

Have you never actually looked at the ecstasydata site? Have a look and you will see that your statement is wildly incorrect. This thread has extensively discussed all such points maybe have a browse and you may see how wildly innacurate and unfounded your statement is.

If the issue really was that simple and obvious this matter would have been laid to bed a long time ago. But we are talking about the MDMA itself. Crystal, powder, pills, ALL of it. Not just pressed pills, some of which yes, may contain additional or other substances, but this is still very rare as confirmed by ongoing analysis.

The problem is with the MDMA itself. This has been very clearly established, just not scientifically proven or explained yet.

Which is the entire purpose or target of this thread. I would ecourage you to have a read and see if you can join us with the programme.

No, it isn't. It's very well know that a lot of these pills do not contain MDMA.
If you're getting ones that DO and not enjoying it as much, that's because the more you use MDMA, the lesser the experience.

No, it isn't. It's very well know that a lot of these pills do not contain MDMA.
If you're getting ones that DO and not enjoying it as much, that's because the more you use MDMA, the lesser the experience.
With respect, you clearly have not read this thread. These arguments have been discussed at length and refuted. Loss of magic has been ruled out, because there are many people here who have reported having access to different sources of MDMA and coming across the legitimate true magic MDMA from particular sources or on certain occasions and experiencing the absolute full glory of the drug again which is completely and entirely lacking with the other sources of suspect modern MDMA which are testing both in Laboratories and with with testing kits as containing high dose MDMA and no other detectable psychoactive substances.

With respect, you clearly have not read this thread. These arguments have been discussed at length and refuted. Loss of magic has been ruled out, because there are many people here who have reported having access to different sources of MDMA and coming across the legitimate true magic MDMA from particular sources or on certain occasions and experiencing the absolute full glory of the drug again which is completely and entirely lacking with the other sources of suspect modern MDMA which are testing both in Laboratories and with with testing kits as containing high dose MDMA and no other detectable psychoactive substances.

Of course I haven't read the thread lol, it's 131 pages long.

Status
Not open for further replies.