• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What is there to do during lockdown apart from drink?

That's the theory isn't it - that virus evolve to be less lethal to keep more hosts available. I was always a bit curious why the influenza pandemic didn't work like that tho - the first wave was basically common or garden, then the second wave killed millions. Then it went away. Wonder what the evolution of that was.

we will never know for the influenza pandemic, but the great thing about this pandemic is the vast amounts of data we have. there are something like 70k reference genomes for SARS-CoV-2, from all over the world, available freely to researchers via GISAID. we have never had such a good chance to find out about viral evolution in detail. so it does make sense that we will find some unexpected stuff in there.

if so many people weren't dying then it would it would be great lol. the nerd in me is thrilled to finally have an excuse to look at some of this data in detail but i'd much prefer it if the details gave me a bit more hope.

That Virolution book got me interested in virus's - fascinating how they've influenced life on earth.

we will never know for the influenza pandemic, but the great thing about this pandemic is the vast amounts of data we have. there are something like 70k reference genomes for SARS-CoV-2, from all over the world, available freely to researchers via GISAID. we have never had such a good chance to find out about viral evolution in detail. so it does make sense that we will find some unexpected stuff in there.

if so many people weren't dying then it would it would be great lol. the nerd in me is thrilled to finally have an excuse to look at some of this data in detail but i'd much prefer it if the details gave me a bit more hope.
I feel bad getting excited at the data too tbh! 😔

I’m currently isolating with my covid positive brother and I insist he comes walking with me in nature every day, staying in the same 4 walls would drive a person crazy I think. Even if you just walk into town, I think I read you saying there was nice gothic architecture! That would be nice to see! Take some pics for the photo thread maybe?

I’m currently isolating with my covid positive brother and I insist he comes walking with me in nature every day, staying in the same 4 walls would drive a person crazy I think. Even if you just walk into town, I think I read you saying there was nice gothic architecture! That would be nice to see! Take some pics for the photo thread maybe?

Yet you insist your infected brother goes out to potentially kill people?

Jus' sayin'... ;)

Yet you insist your infected brother goes out to potentially kill people?

Jus' sayin'... ;)
I live in rural Ireland, I’d never let him infect anyone. Unless the person that poisoned my dog was around, then yes, I’d let him infect that guy!

I live in rural Ireland, I’d never let him infect anyone. Unless the person that poisoned my dog was around, then yes, I’d let him infect that guy!

Someone poisoned your dog? What with?

Ive been accused of that and it's something I would never do however much I hated the owner.

Someone poisoned your dog? What with?

Ive been accused of that and it's something I would never do however much I hated the owner.
He used de-icer and put it in chicken. I did the autopsy. I also was able to trace it back to him because he wrapped it in tin foil and his finger prints were on it. He was pretty much chased out of our town as well as caught a criminal record.

I only got to her as she was taking her last few breaths, she must have suffered a lot. I would have been able to euthanise her if I got to her sooner. I was very very angry.

De-icer? Ethylene glycol?

Wow.

He certainly chose the wrong dog owner...

Someone poisoned your dog?
We've had two of our dogs poisoned plus our wheel nuts loosened for 40 years plus a load of other nasty shit and never knew who or why.

Till I installed a wildlife camera...
There are now several gps wildlife camera's.
You've probably read that I put trackers under people's cars.

The thing is you need proof and you don't want to end up in prison.

haha nerd. glad i'm not the only one.

glad you're getting out in nature. sadly i took no photos, but i walked past here which i used to see every day on my way to/from work. sadly the town hall is under scaffolding, but you can really tell that it was an important city (apparently the richest in the world) during the industrial revolution.

He used de-icer and put it in chicken. I did the autopsy. I also was able to trace it back to him because he wrapped it in tin foil and his finger prints were on it. He was pretty much chased out of our town as well as caught a criminal record.
what an absolute cunt. i'm so glad something was actually done about it.

really enjoyed going into town. usually hate it cos its so busy, was still pretty busy but obviously less than usual and it was a nice change. bought like 7 herbal teas and somehow spent about £100 but fuck it. got some flowers for my pots in the back so i can have something nice to look at. hope they don't die.

Building lamp's, lounge couche or art. Using only available material and in the same time finishing stalled project's.

With succes I may add. Just a suggestion to keep you occupied during the comedown's. That and UK grime.

Got a likewise shitty situation, only difference no revenge. Only loser's.

My kid's are separated from me, which is breaking the law. I am treated like a criminal who has abused or sexually assaulted them. I love 'em. Trust me that is not the case. But the starter was a cop so I haven't got a chance. ACAB and FTW.

Been to the Shining Cliff Woods today to see the Betty Kenny tree, not a bad day for it.
During the late 1700’s, Betty Kenny lived in a large Yew tree said to be 2000 years old and the remains are still visible in the woods today. The house was formed within the tree and local legend has it that a bough of the tree was hollowed out to act as a cradle for her children. It is also thought that this was the origin of the nursery rhyme ‘rock a bye baby’.

EA16-BEC5-3-E1-D-4831-AD04-3-EB72655522-A.jpg

Last edited: