• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is 'the nod'?

neudr

Greenlighter
I've seen people mention this a lot since I joined. I was wondering what it is.

Practically the best part of the opiate experience! It's when you can't keep your eyes open, or even hold your head upright because you're so high. When that opioid is flowing through you and it feels like you're in a dream, wrapped in your favorite blanket on the worlds softest bed. It's just... So great! :p

But, in reality, you look half-retarded half-asleep but you just don't give a fuck haha

It is...The meaning of life!!! And the one thing I hate about bupe, that you can't nod. :(

It is kinda like sex, its the best feeling ever. Well sex is better...but its pretty 'high' up there :)

Hey,

Welcome to Bluelight! There are a lot of threads on this topic that can be found by using the search function. You can often find your answers a lot quicker by searching through existing threads. Here are the search results with a bunch of threads on this topic.

Here is one of the more recent threads on the topic.

Practically the best part of the opiate experience! It's when you can't keep your eyes open, or even hold your head upright because you're so high. When that opioid is flowing through you and it feels like you're in a dream, wrapped in your favorite blanket on the worlds softest bed. It's just... So great! :p

But, in reality, you look half-retarded half-asleep but you just don't give a fuck haha

Oh, I see. That has happened to me before. I thought it just happened because opiates make you tired. I figured I was just tired and fighting with myself not to sleep.

I thought it just happened because opiates make you tired. I figured I was just tired and fighting with myself not to sleep.

Don't fight it! Next time it happens and you can't see straight, relax. Let it happen. When you come to, you'll feel like a millon bucks!

Don't fight it! Next time it happens and you can't see straight, relax. Let it happen. When you come to, you'll feel like a millon bucks!

I see. I've only experienced a few times outside of the hospital; I'm not sure what makes you "nod" sometimes and other times not.

Is the "nod" the same thing as euphoria? What does euphoria with respect to opiates mean? I don't think I have ever felt extremely happy from opiates before (or anything really... I'm a rather depressed person).

I see. I've only experienced a few times outside of the hospital; I'm not sure what makes you "nod" sometimes and other times not.

Is the "nod" the same thing as euphoria? What does euphoria with respect to opiates mean? I don't think I have ever felt extremely happy from opiates before (or anything really... I'm a rather depressed person).

Oh you won't be depressed after you experience that feeling. You'll want to talk peoples heads off, sit down and watch some tv. And possibly smack yourself in the face and laugh cause you won't feel it!

Oh you won't be depressed after you experience that feeling. You'll want to talk peoples heads off, sit down and watch some tv. And possibly smack yourself in the face and laugh cause you won't feel it!
That's euphoria? Ha- sometimes I get very, very talkative and I'll talk a mile a minute and bother my wife (even if it's late and she's tired). Or, I can end up wanting to have sex. So this is what opiate euphoria is? This happens to me maybe once a month (I take daily opioids as well as Oxycodone IR and Actiq).

I thought these were paradoxical reactions given that 1) opiates make you tired; and 2) your sex drive diminishes from opiate use.

That's euphoria? Ha- sometimes I get very, very talkative and I'll talk a mile a minute and bother my wife (even if it's late and she's tired). Or, I can end up wanting to have sex. So this is what opiate euphoria is? This happens to me maybe once a month (I take daily opioids as well as Oxycodone IR and Actiq).

I thought these were paradoxical reactions given that 1) opiates make you tired; and 2) your sex drive diminishes from opiate use.

I think you should just buy a good amount of whatever opiate you enjoy. Stay in for a night and snort a crap load of it. You will feel your eyes start to get heavy, just relax and enjoy the high. The more you relax the better it feels in my opinion. I tend to ask the girlfriend for sex when I'm high as well, the good thing is that shes always high when I am so it works in my favor :)

edit: I don't think it affects your sex drive at all, you just don't ejaculate at all, or just barely. But hey that works out in our favor right? Have sex all night!

I think you should just buy a good amount of whatever opiate you enjoy. Stay in for a night and snort a crap load of it. You will feel your eyes start to get heavy, just relax and enjoy the high. The more you relax the better it feels in my opinion. I tend to ask the girlfriend for sex when I'm high as well, the good thing is that shes always high when I am so it works in my favor :)

edit: I don't think it affects your sex drive at all, you just don't ejaculate at all, or just barely. But hey that works out in our favor right? Have sex all night!

I have never figured out the difference between various opiates. In terms of auxiliary effects (not pain relief) have had hit or miss experiences with all of them--even with the same medicine. It doesn't make much sense to me that one day I would have "the nod" from the same dose as I took the day before of xyz immediate release medicine. I've tried every opiate drug other than Methadone and Suboxone and I find Fentanyl patches, Fentanyl IV, Oxycodone and Dilaudid to be the best medications for me (considering pain relief and side effects). But I've never had a consistent "high" from any drug that I've taken (maybe that is because I have never used more than I am suppose to, other than taking another IR med an hour earlier than the every 4 hours it is prescribed on rare occasions).

in I've never actually bought any drugs and have seen marijuana only twice (while at parties, in Europe, with friends). I also probably will never change the route of administration of the medicine that I'm given.

I would only do these things if I--for whatever reason--lost my prescribing doctor and no other doctor would see me. I hope that never happens!

(I don't have any issue with people who do any of this and I really hope I do not sound judgmental)

I think you should just buy a good amount of whatever opiate you enjoy. Stay in for a night and snort a crap load of it.

DON'T do this! Practically the only "available" opiate to snort would be Oxycontin/Opana because it has no acetaminophen BUT, about every pill has fillers and binders that hold the pill together in packing and shipping. DO NOT snort Hydrocodone (Norco, Vicodon etc..) Because of APAP (Acetaminophen) and Hydrocodone is a pro-drug that has to be metabolized in the liver and it would be a waste and quite painful.

Didn't mean to jump your shit Opaner, snorting APAP HURTS! :p

why do I almost always need to mix a bit of benzos with my opiates in order to nod? I almost never nod from one or the other but combine in the slightest...

It depends on the opiate.

As mentioned before, don't just go around snorting random pills. A good amount of opiate preparations available contain other ingredients such as APAP (Tylenol). Don't snort Tylenol.

why do I almost always need to mix a bit of benzos with my opiates in order to nod? I almost never nod from one or the other but combine in the slightest...
Would tolerance be an issue? Tried upping your dose?