• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What do you see when you look in the mirror?

Or do they see something else, because what I see I can't connect with at all.
It is illusory and a game. I dont even look in the mirror anymore unless i have to groom (shave).
i see pain for sure. i look away from it as much as possible but....
i cannot answer my own freakin thread. What do I see? Many many faces and a middle aged man that just doesnt care for mirrors. Unless there is sex involved im out for now
i never really cared what other people saw of me until the pain started. i still dont care cause i am me and i change very little. i may get high once in a while but that is such a small part of those faces that it is of no consequence.
look again... ya see how ya still here
that to me is amazing considering
whaaaaattttt????
How and better yet why?
I still see me no matter what that mirror on the wall wants to say (oh mirror mirror)
fuck a mirror
:LOL:

That's probably why I don;'t shave often enough, can't bring myself to look in the mirror. Or brush my hair, it's just a fleeting glance like passing a stranger in the street.

They're tricky fucking things, mirrors. Aren't they supposed to show the truth? But the more you stare, the more questions it throws back at you

Aren't they supposed to show the truth?
Ahhhh. The truth.... Hmmmmm. Not sure I can even get a grip on what that may be yet. Got the wheels spinnin up top though....
That's probably why I don;'t shave often enough,
It has to get to the point of getting on my nerves before i shave (unless i am working in food/beverage). It can get fairly bearish lol

fucking truth right? it seems like mirrors shoiuld know, they reflect exactly what they see. People see themselves in a distored way.... Mirrors show the pure truth of a person. Stare into those eyes staring back at you man, they tell you the truth

Stare into those eyes staring back at you man, they tell you the truth
the materials of mirrors are impure. they lie or show something askew at the least but enough to fuck with me. lol i have taken many long looks and watched the tears flow down the sink to the gutters.

fucking truth right? it seems like mirrors shoiuld know, they reflect exactly what they see. People see themselves in a distored way.... Mirrors show the pure truth of a person. Stare into those eyes staring back at you man, they tell you the truth
But on the earthly plane you can also say say that mirrors do the exact opposite, & and tend to promote the bullshit craziness & like the effect that makes many young women anorexic. Mirrors be the illuminati and not the Real 0ne :>

But on the earthly plane you can also say say that mirrors do the exact opposite, & and tend to promote the bullshit craziness & like the effect that makes many young women anorexic. Mirrors be the illuminati and not the Real 0ne :>
alright. i regret that but stick with that. cheers ^

lol

What is the fucking truth then? Mirrors seem pure, they literally just reflect the truth of what they see in front of them. Like, science based or whatever. Why would they lie?

Why would they lie?
Ya ever saw an old ass piece of glass or an old mirror and see how warped they were? Is that casting a true image back? Fun-house mirrors and shit, man... they are flawed and always will be just for fun imo
makes me wanna go to the fair

Well see theyre naturally flawed so what they throw back is flawed, albeit fun to see. The perfect mirrors show it all

lol

What is the fucking truth then? Mirrors seem pure, they literally just reflect the truth of what they see in front of them. Like, science based or whatever. Why would they lie?
lol

idk, is the truth more like a mirror or more like dmt? or ket or cannabis, who's got the better mirrors. i just woulda said 'yo everything on the material plane is distorted, and it sucks' heheh

When I read the opening question I had to stop and think about it. It occurred to me that if you're talking about the literal physical world, I very rarely look in mirrors. Mostly to shave-- which I also do rarely. It's not that I dislike my face, I just find it uninteresting.

Now, if you're talking metaphorically then I do look at myself almost constantly. I critique my thoughts, my motives, my bullshit. I play Devil's Advocate with my most strongly held beliefs. I will have some random idea or memory or emotion and I will put it under a microscope and/or dissect it.

I have spent my entire adult life studying the mind and soul of this creature that is me. I have been delighted, disgusted, intrigued, bored, angry, forgiving, saddened, uplifted, baffled, and amused. I have reached no absolute conclusions except that I am stuck with me and I may as well try to make the best of it.

Good point man. Truth is where ever we find it right?
I dont wanna split hairs or anything. But the terms 'i' 'we' -those are also made of fucking mirrors arent they - the mirrors of our upbringing and/or parents...so it's a bit like a bit of a thing. it seems?
But honestly i dont mean to be a nightmare-inducer. Thats the thing about mirrors, you just look for the thing in its reflection & you dont always get the "ultimate gnostic wisdom" but you will get get a bit of the gnostic wisdom. :cool:. Like lsd i guess, turned the atomic-nuclear reality inside out & thats All She Wrote :alien:

if you're talking metaphorically then I do look at myself almost constantly
i have to do this just to keep from goin back
to what?
doesnt matter as it is a plane of pain cept for the insane.
no one else can keep me "in check" somebody got to.

Last edited: