• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What do you see when you look in the mirror?

I see a dumbass wondering how reflections happen.
It's not a simple question, even though it may seem so.
Need Quantum Physics to explain actually

So light particles/waves(they're both) only travel straightforward in homogeneous matter, once it hits heterogeneous surfaces, it can be delayed, broken, or reflected.
Everything you can see that does not directly produce light, you are only able to see, because light is being reflected all around you.
So the light will bounce off walls, trees, houses, whatever. This reflection happens, even though you cannot necessarily see yourself in it,
but there technically are mirrors all around you.

If you're asking why you can see yourself in some surfaces: this has to do with the smoothness of the surface the light hits,
the smoother the surface, the more clear the picture of yourself. This is also why water reflects so well

It's not a simple question, even though it may seem so.
Need Quantum Physics to explain actually

So light particles/waves(they're both) only travel straightforward in homogeneous matter, once it hits heterogeneous surfaces, it can be delayed, broken, or reflected.
Everything you can see that does not directly produce light, you are only able to see, because light is being reflected all around you.
So the light will bounce off walls, trees, houses, whatever. This reflection happens, even though you cannot necessarily see yourself in it,
but there technically are mirrors all around you.

If you're asking why you can see yourself in some surfaces: this has to do with the smoothness of the surface the light hits,
the smoother the surface, the more clear the picture of yourself. This is also why water reflects so well
damn maybe i should be looking in your mirror so i can understand that galaxy brain stuff.
i mean like damn you have a fucken equation in your bio-thing.

damn maybe i should be looking in your mirror so i can understand that galaxy brain stuff.
i mean like damn you have a fucken equation in your bio-thing.
not entirely sure what you are saying. I neither understand galaxy brain stuff nor bio-thing
It's relatively simple. Since light has no mass it bounces off any heterogeneous surface. (except for the color(s) that are absorbed by the surface. That's why plants are green, because they reflect green light and absorb red and blue light)
Simple physics. You could imagine a ball filled with air crashing against a car.
The ball would bounce away, because it has less mass. That's how light behaves with everything heterogeneous
Only that because it has no mass it's not affected by gravity, therefore once it hits a surface, it will bounce in the opposite direction forever until it hits the next surface

A shell of something I once was with no hope left
a waster sat in a homeless shelter after losing everything I loved, someone who's scared to die knowing its coming, a scared boy in a man's body that screams I'm too young to die, and why me and what if...
A 36 year old full of regrets....

🙁

someone who's scared to die knowing its coming
May I ask where this certainty comes from? I am dead for decades and still around. Sure I will lay down one day and not get up unless I can break that illusion but until then I personally cannot wait to exit my ass stage left. I will embrace it not because of the pains gone and going through but simply because I am freaking tired and almost outta gas.
FWIW I have been homeless a few times. Built from scratch each time. We now have more than we ever had but look at it as all transient. There is help if one cares to take it but I stayed in the streets because I do not like people in general and if ya put me in a crowded space Imma act out... just don't like the friction.
Can I also ask what got you to where you are at this time?
Freakin speed bumps, traps, pits, snares, road-blocks or any other obstacle can become an opportunity but I get that sometimes it gets so fuckin dark we cannot see. I am always "waiting" when I get hit with dark days... waiting on some light cause after almost 55 yrs I have seen that darkness is also transient... it passes eventually just wait on it.

I see just a body not myself.
Are you by chance looking into a full-length mirror that has it's top tilted down? :p JK

Today I see a sun rising on future endeavors but still behind this the darkness lurks ominously. Not scared of the darkness as it is half of who I am. Just need to keep this in proportion but then there are hills and valleys everywhere (cycles always).
I also see a confused MF but this follows me throughout my life on this small pebble blown about by the whims of nature.