• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS US Harm Reduction Organizations

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
I thought it would be handy to compile some examples of harm reduction organizations that we either work with or know to be reputable. The US is a pretty big task to take on as there are plenty of orgs, so I thought I'd enlist some of TDS to help. This thread might likely be merged w/ another, but the info contributed will certainly be used.

Needle exchanges are good, really any Organization that's actively working to make life easier for those struggling with addiction should be shouted out in this thread. Please feel free to post any such orgs you know of below thanks!

Check this guys, The Slingshot Collective, a virtually worldwide database connecting people w/ food banks and other charitable orgs.

A big whopper of data if you will. Haven't totally explored, but the fact that it links all over the world is very useful

Last edited:
Nice thread!! There are a bunch on this one.

Awesome thank you! I'm trying to collaborate w/ some irl folks to get as many as I can.

Just thought it'd be good to get more and totally updated options up to the top of the threads for people to reference when needed.

Well Dancesafe and Bunk Police are amazing. For reagent test kits..

-GC

Not that this has anything to do with me (the topic of the thread I mean) but for sure you're earning your keep and stripes as a mod. I've been seeing all of your tidying up and moving around and collation of old threads going on. It's not going unnoticed. Good on you. Still worried about the amount of sleep that you CANNOT bet getting though! Lol!

Anyway. Well done to you. Nice.

Thanks a lot for the props man. It really just makes me feel productive, which has been difficult for me as of late, so I'm kinda getting sucked into it currently. I got a machete recently to cut out all my wildly overgrown lawn. Felled the biggest weed/tree back there, and promptly realized I don't really have anywhere to put the debris right now so I gave up on that.

But, I did indeed get a full nights sleep last night, and finish a full work shift this evening, despite still having certain stimulating substances around me, so I think I'm doing alright. Thanks again, the appreciation from fellow BLers means the world. I can only hope this work will really help someone some day. I have seen posts in here in the past, where peoples lives were clearly saved. It is important work and should be undertaken by capable people who will respect the seriousness of it.

I'm struggling to have any light hearted feelings or humor lately, which is kind of a bummer, but generally I'm in good spirits. I'm either a fly or a wall, or I start typing/speaking and it all just floods out. I've noticed we might have that in common! I'm also incredibly neurotic about typos and posts, so pore over them obsessively to perfect them. See, already caught *five in this dumb post and had to edit.

Last edited: