• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Unsure if i have a codeine addiction.

i can go a day without the codeine even 2 days with no problem, that mean i am NOT addicted/dependant on the substance codeine ?

The addiction is to opiates, not to codeine or tramadol.
Your addiction is lweak enough that 2 tramadol/day are enough to take it at bay.

BTW, you problem is pretty prominently anxiety. You should address this problem, much more than being worried for the addiction. Main tool to do this is psicoterapy.

>I simply seek relief from chronic pain, there is a big difference.
And tramadol help? I'd be very surprised, it so weak. Unfortunately chronic pain is hard to manage

Last edited:
If you're even asking people on this forum whether you're dependent or not, you're dependent

So ok yea im dependant on tramadol I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT. However i have doubts i am with codeine as ive cleansed my system from it over 2 days and experienced no withdrawels. IF i am dependant which you say but others here have said the opposite considering 2 days withoout any, then how is this possible ? When do codeine withdrawels/cravings usually start then ? As with tramadol its less than 12 hours and that has a much more half life than codeine.

The addiction is to opiates, not to codeine or tramadol.
Your addiction is lweak enough that 2 tramadol/day are enough to take it at bay.

BTW, you problem is pretty prominently anxiety. You should address this problem, much more than being worried for the addiction. Main tool to do this is psicoterapy.

>I simply seek relief from chronic pain, there is a big difference.
And tramadol help? I'd be very surprised, it so weak. Unfortunately chronic pain is hard to manage

Fuck, you hit the nail on the head i seek opiates even ones i havent tried i think ''id love to try these'' and i dont want to be like that. I did start out taking opiates opioids due to aniety but also pain in my back. I fear mental health as im a very self aware person i care too much about what others think of me or if they are thinking certain things about me, if that makes sense.

Maybe its not chronic pain but its sciatica well thats what my doctor says and puts down on my sick notes ''chronic pain''. Im not very knowledgable with medical terms and what not.

So ok yea im dependant on tramadol I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT. However i have doubts i am with codeine as ive cleansed my system from it over 2 days and experienced no withdrawels. IF i am dependant which you say but others here have said the opposite considering 2 days withoout any, then how is this possible ? When do codeine withdrawels/cravings usually start then ? As with tramadol its less than 12 hours and that has a much more half life than codeine
Some people have very slow metabolisms and they dont feel WD symptoms for like 24 to 48 hours.

It sounds to me like you're not feeling the peak of WD till the 48 to 53 hour mark, and attrubuting it to your physical ailment(s)

Some people have very slow metabolisms and they dont feel WD symptoms for like 24 to 48 hours.

It sounds to me like you're not feeling the peak of WD till the 48 to 53 hour mark, and attrubuting it to your physical ailment(s)

You may be correct im just going off when i have withdrawn from tramadol i feel the effects of withdrawel almost immediately after missing the next dose no matter how small it may be. And given i could go 2 days without codeine i figured hey i guess im not dependant on them due to my tolerance. Thats just how i thought hence why i wanted to post on the forum and get the communitys input.

Tramadol has a second component to the WD as well which is the SNRI effects. Some people find it more difficult to cope with but that does set it apart from codeine somewhat.

I would generally feel withdrawals within 36 hours.

If I'm starting to feel sick I look at my arms and if I have goosebumps I know shits about to get serious.

I recommend kratom if you are worried about addiction/are addicted. Switch to kratom to get off the pills and when it's time do a fairly quick taper, drop the kratom and withdrawal is (relatively) mild and easy.