• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The alkaloids are only found in the pod itself, and are not significant in the crown/stem.

Do you have a source for this or it is just speculation?

I have made tea with the stems and crowns and although quite substantially weaker, it definitely stopped my sickness. I am not saying you are wrong at all, just wondering what lead you to that conclusion.

^Let me see if I can find a source for that. I know I have read it repeatedly.

I could not find any information on the crowns, but here is some info on the stems which states they contain much lower (yet obtainable in higher doses) alkaloid content:

"The stems can be used as well, though they do not contain as much of the extractable opiate alkaloids. Someone with a high tolerance may need approximately 20-25 six inch stems to get a decent opiate buzz. If you don't have a large supply or are doing this once in a while I would use the stems as well."

http://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/poppy_info4.shtml

"4. While the pod "flesh" is the most potent part of the plant, the stems, seeds and possibly the leaves contain the same alkaloids albeit in smaller amounts, so don't throw them away. It is said that the stem is about half as potent by weight than the pod. One trick is to make a great deal of tea from leftover stems and then simmer it down in a large, flat saucepan which will allow for fast evaporation of water molecules leaving a stronger concentrate behind."

http://www.poppies.org/faq/poppy-tea/additional-tips/#more

Last edited:
It won't work, especially if its in one of those fancy spice bottles. Very good chance they got rinsed.
You need to find a wholesale bulk distributor, and people often use upward of a 1lb or more just to make seed tea (which is why its not worth it imo when you can just buy pods).

Try wholefoods they may have it.

thanks for the help bojangles,

i'll probably just stick with oxycondone for now, im under 18 and im black so i doubt i could walk into a store and buy a shit ton of poppy seeds without raising eyebrows.

ya know :\

I have a whole bunch of pods soaking overnight now. I can not find anywhere on the internet a recommended ratio of pod material to water is, but I have four large empty Absolut Vodka bottles full of water, 3 containing pods, 1 containing seeds (Yeah I saw you aren't supposed to soak seeds, oh well).

I was going to strain each bottle through cheese cloth and/or coffee filters into a large pyrex dish. Then repeat the soaking process with the same pod material again for a night. Then dissolve the liquid in either the sun or in the oven at a very very low temperature.

Supposedly, this will result with a muddy tar like substance, a basically home brewed "opium" (although it is basically pod tea extract). This can be eaten, and I've heard of people smoking it. This is supposed to be just all the opiate product in the pods/seeds, saving you the trouble of drinking gallons of horrible tasting liquid.

^I am guessing you chose a way more time-consuming process and used way more water than necessary. There are recipes to achieve the same thing here in a much quicker, more direct process.

I use the least amount of water possible to make tea and logically, if your eventual goal it to obtain a more solid substance, I'd think you'd want to use at little water as you could as well.

I had no idea how much water to use, I wasn't sure how much water you need to absorb all the opioids out. I figured I'd rather it be too much water than too little. I live in the desert, the bird bath in my back yard runs dry in one afternoon.

Is anyone else having problems with a select vendor not shipping out their orders. I placed an order last friday, and now it's Wednesday and still no shipping confirmation. They are also not responding to e-mails.

Is anyone having this same problem?

Add 8-10 grams of powdered calcium carbonate (tums) for every 20 grams of ground pod powder. Mix the the CaC03 with the boiling water, then add the boiling water to the pods and let steep. I've found this MUCH more effective than without the tums. It produces calcium morphenate, which also has a higher tolerance to heat, and is less likely to degrade if you wish to reduce the volume by doing a light boil.....

Is anyone else having problems with a select vendor not shipping out their orders. I placed an order last friday, and now it's Wednesday and still no shipping confirmation. They are also not responding to e-mails.

Is anyone having this same problem?

I emailed you and told you how it is. There is nothing wrong with this vendor and I know you most likely said something that was rude, or they don't allow.

These are floral arrangments for crafting purposes remember, if you insinuated anything else they will not and should not respond to you. They have discretion to legally maintain for obvious purposes.

And if you did, I suggest you apologize as they are a wonderful business. Have known them for 5 years and used them for 3. Nothing but great people. Just dont plan on having a conversation with them they're not like that.

also they dont send shippn confirmation unless you ask, they shipped it trust me. Give it till friday and stop emailing them. it will be there soon.

Well they always sent confirmation every other time I ordered. I made no references to using them for anything other then floral arrangements. I was definietely not rude either. I just asked if maybe the order slipped by them since I got confirmation every other time with a tracking number without asking.

Well if they shipped it, it'll be here in a few hours. So we'll see.

Edit - Ok they finally replied and gave me a tracking number. It should be here today. I am now a very happy camper.

Last edited:
Well they always sent confirmation every other time I ordered. I made no references to using them for anything other then floral arrangements. I was definietely not rude either. I just asked if maybe the order slipped by them since I got confirmation every other time with a tracking number without asking.

Well if they shipped it, it'll be here in a few hours. So we'll see.

Edit - Ok they finally replied and gave me a tracking number. It should be here today. I am now a very happy camper.

Are you talking about actual tracking? Because I always get the automated 2 receipts, but I never get tracking unless I ask. And I always usually ask around 2-3 days after I order to find out it'll be here the next day or so.

Guess they like you more then me lol. All I know is in the last 100 orders or so not once did I get it w/out asking, weird.

Are you talking about actual tracking? Because I always get the automated 2 receipts, but I never get tracking unless I ask. And I always usually ask around 2-3 days after I order to find out it'll be here the next day or so.

Guess they like you more then me lol. All I know is in the last 100 orders or so not once did I get it w/out asking, weird.

Yea i got the 2 automated receipts, but then usually I would get a separate e-mail from USPS "Click N Ship Notification" which would give me my tracking number. Maybe they only do it on the first couple of orders I dunno.

Either way, the pod quality is awesome again.

Brewing Methods - PST

Post what your method of brewing poppy seed tea is. Which ones are more efficient and get the most out of your seeds with household supplies Only!

Hey i got a question about saving the used poppy pods after already using them twice. I've been steeping the pod 2 times before I usually discard them. But what I'm doing now is collecting them all on a plate, and then after having maybe 4 doses of old pods I was going to brew them for the 3rd time hoping that I could get another dose if I just save them up a bit.

My only concern is that could they perhaps grow mold after a couple days from being wet already? Has anyone tried something similar?

Hey i got a question about saving the used poppy pods after already using them twice. I've been steeping the pod 2 times before I usually discard them. But what I'm doing now is collecting them all on a plate, and then after having maybe 4 doses of old pods I was going to brew them for the 3rd time hoping that I could get another dose if I just save them up a bit.

My only concern is that could they perhaps grow mold after a couple days from being wet already? Has anyone tried something similar?

I would throw them into a big ziploc bag and freeze it. That way they would keep a long time.

Has anyone else tried adding large amounts of calcium carbonate/tums (10 or grams) to their tea. It makes its significantly stronger. I think calcium morphenate must have a higher bioavailability.....

Also, grind your pods as FINE as possible. It should be like dust, no chuncks etc....

In regards to the stems, I equate 40 grams of powdered stems to 10-15 grams of pods. They certainly have some opiate content....

Has anyone else tried adding large amounts of calcium carbonate/tums (10 or grams) to their tea. It makes its significantly stronger. I think calcium morphenate must have a higher bioavailability.....

Also, grind your pods as FINE as possible. It should be like dust, no chuncks etc....

In regards to the stems, I equate 40 grams of powdered stems to 10-15 grams of pods. They certainly have some opiate content....

I have added 5 tums (around 5gms calcium carbonate) on several occasions and didn't notice a single difference at all.
I also use to acidify my tea for a very long time, (at least 2 years I did this) and NEVER noticed a difference, I only did it because people seemed to believe it made the tea stronger.
At any rate, it doesn't matter how fine it is if you soak it long enough. Hot water penetrates poppy like nothing. As soon as the powder gets soft, the salts will easily move out into solution with the littlest bit of agitation.

I have made tea over the years in a million different ways, and have never noticed a difference in strength or quality. Not to mention how bad 10gms of calcium carbonate is for your stomach, ADDED to the fact that the poppy itself is going to greatly slow down digestion.
You are dropping the ph of your stomach acid so low, it will begin to treat food like bacteria (as the food sits there undigested) and you can get really sick by doing this on a daily basis.
I can site links about how bad it is to have a low stomach ph, really bad for you.

Also, why does it seem noone can make up their mind about whether the hell poppies should be acidified or basified?
This is really crazy how it goes back and forth.

In water solution, one condition will have the salts precipitate insoluble while another condition will have the salts dissolve in the water.
Example, when you acidify freebase meth, it dissolve in water. When you basify it, the meth comes out of solution and if you are filtering poppies, the idea would be like filtering the active drug right out of solution.
Except that the morphenate is made in basic conditions.

This has remained the single most confusing aspect of poppies. There SHOULD NOT be so many people recommending both conditions. It just doesn't make an scientific sense. If the soluble salt is made in basic conditions, what the HELL is the point of acidifying the straw?
Like who came up with that concept? You can't go both ways here. It should be either or. I've never tried such a large amount of calcium carbonate, but 10gms sounds like overkill. At least to be accurate, get a fish tank ph strip and dip it in your solution. The second the ph is around 9 you have added enough CaCO3, afterwards your wasting tums and harming your stomach.

At this point I use nothing. Just hot water and let it sit for 6-8 hours. I find as long as I let it sit long enough, most the salts dissolve no matter what. It would be cool to find out 90% of poppy users are doing it wrong, and that 10gms of tums can increase the strength considerable like you say. But we really should have a better idea of where the hell to start first.
Like why not just dispell the whole acidifying process first? Wouldn't it make sense that acidifying is compleltey useless if salts are dissolved in basic solutions? That what I am curious about personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.