• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Small & Handy 1V-LSD thread

Butterfly wings indeed... One of the big coincidences that I like to think about is how it was discovered as psychoactive right in the middle of the Manhattan project, and leaked out into the world in parallel to nuclear brinkmanship and the cold war, and ended up becoming deeply intertwined and fuelling of the antiwar movement.

Now to get a little more tinfoil hat - It's probable that JFK took LSD, and I find it easy to imagine how this could have played a role in de-escalating nuclear tensions when he was surrounded by military hawks urging him to nuke USSR before they nuked the US. This is all very speculative and fanciful, but it really could have been a direct agent for peace that helped avert global nuclear war.

edit: https://mangu.tv/did-jfk-drop-lsd/

Last edited:
It was certainly an event of great serendipity, which was also accidental. The stuff of legends. :) On the other hand, if you think about it, so much of life is that way. The n8mber of accidental random seemingly innocuous events that happen that end up radically altering the course of the rest of your life, and other peoples' lives, it really mind-blowing when you start to think about it. Especially when you think about all the random stuff from before you were born that is the only reason you exist... ever since the beginning of time, really. A butterfly flaps its wings, and all that. The world and our lives all turn on chance encounters.
Yes everything is probability. And then consider how at every point in which the potential for different outcomes exists on every conceivable level right down to electrons orbiting a nucleus, the universe fragments off into a parallel universe in which another outcome was the result instead, and this happens potentially infinite times… you know, the multiverse theory / many worlds theory and Schrödinger's Equation… it makes me wonder what the universes are like in which LSD wasn't discovered until much later… would the psychedelic revolution have still occurred or been delayed or just… you know, what? I mean following the end of WWII there was a global baby boom and a sharp increase in the population that had a profound impact on the shape of the sociological landscape approximately 20 years later when that new generation suddenly hit adulthood and the workforce and voting booths, etc. Revolution was in the air and part of the cultural zeitgeist. I guess it's for these reasons that I am grateful to be in a universe in which LSD had the chance to have its impact as its been a major influence in my life and the lives of so many others, it's hard not to feel some affinity for LSD.

And so what we think of as "The Universe" and consider how profoundly vast this Universe is, what with the knowledge that the universe is expanding at an ever-increasing rate and that at the edge of the expanding universe it's accelerating beyond the speed of light but we'll never know it and never witness it as the data that proves its existence is moving away from us at too fast of a rate to detect – the light will never reach us much in the same way peering into the stars at night is glimpsing into the past. But so this insanely profoundly vast ocean of mostly perfectly vacuumed "space" reaching out to the farthest depths of existence at ungodly distances away from us as the limit approaches infinity is only one small, crawling, spider-y, crystalline path of reality, just one tiny slice of an unknown quantity of slices that comprise the entirety of possible realities, fragmented into volumes impossible to consider fully. Btw, related reading recommendation: Something Deeply Hidden: Quantum Worlds and the Emergence of Spacetime by Sean Carroll, a CalTech mathematics professor and theoretical physicist.

What about the reality in which Dr. Albert Hoffman settled on ALD-52 or 1V-LSD as the compound he dreamt about for five years in Switzerland during the second World War? What if that 1V-LSD had been the star lysergamide of the psychedelic revolution?

Last edited:
What about the reality in which Dr. Albert Hoffman settled on ALD-52 or 1V-LSD as the compound he dreamt about for five years in Switzerland during the second World War? What if that 1V-LSD had been the star lysergamide of the psychedelic revolution?
Interesting to imagine.. they seem like they'd be so similar to LSD that it would play out basically the same on average (depending on if and how much free will exists, you might have to rerun the simulation a bunch of times and take the average), OTOH given the butterfly wings idea, perhaps this subtlest difference would have far-reaching outcomes.

Yes everything is probability. And then consider how at every point in which the potential for different outcomes exists on every conceivable level right down to electrons orbiting a nucleus, the universe fragments off into a parallel universe in which another outcome was the result instead, and this happens potentially infinite times… you know, the multiverse theory / many worlds theory and Schrödinger's Equation… it makes me wonder what the universes are like in which LSD wasn't discovered until much later… would the psychedelic revolution have still occurred or been delayed or just… you know, what? I mean following the end of WWII there was a global baby boom and a sharp increase in the population that had a profound impact on the shape of the sociological landscape approximately 20 years later when that new generation suddenly hit adulthood and the workforce and voting booths, etc. Revolution was in the air and part of the cultural zeitgeist. I guess it's for these reasons that I am grateful to be in a universe in which LSD had the chance to have its impact as its been a major influence in my life and the lives of so many others, it's hard not to feel some affinity for LSD.

And so what we think of as "The Universe" and consider how profoundly vast this Universe is, what with the knowledge that the universe is expanding at an ever-increasing rate and that at the edge of the expanding universe it's accelerating beyond the speed of light but we'll never know it and never witness it as the data that proves its existence is moving away from us at too fast of a rate to detect – the light will never reach us much in the same way peering into the stars at night is glimpsing into the past. But so this insanely profoundly vast ocean of mostly perfectly vacuumed "space" reaching out to the farthest depths of existence at ungodly distances away from us as the limit approaches infinity is only one small, crawling, spider-y, crystalline path of reality, just one tiny slice of an unknown quantity of slices that comprise the entirety of possible realities, fragmented into volumes impossible to consider fully. Btw, related reading recommendation: Something Deeply Hidden: Quantum Worlds and the Emergence of Spacetime by Sean Carroll, a CalTech mathematics professor and theoretical physicist.

YES! My +4 experience I had on 2C-E back in late 2005 showed me that similarly to how time is the 4th dimension and is composed of infinite snapshots, or slices, of one configuration of the 3 dimensional space in a moment in time, and when stacked together as a graph using time as the 4th dimensional axis, they form the spacetime continuum... similarly to that, the 5th dimension is the probability dimension. Each entire spacetime continuum from the beginning to the end of time is a slice of the 5th dimension, but fixed. The axis of the 5th dimension, the infinite slices of 4th dimensional spaces, contains the entirety of all possible configurations of the entirety of history/time/space, where events unfolded in a specific way. Moving along the 5th dimensional axis gets you into realities where things were done differently, different choices were made, different random events ended up differently. Together as a whole theyt make up all possible configurations of the entirety of space and time. By choosing to turn left instead of right, you are moving through frames of the dimension of probability.

Or at least that's what I was seeing and experiencing on 3C-E that time.

I got the ideas originally from the book Flatland by Edwin Abbott. Really fantastic and interesting book if you've never read it.

I'd rather have pro lad or pargy lad or ip-lad or anything that isn't just another pro drug for lsd. I can't really tell 1p from 1cp both of which i have lots of, and ALD-52 too. Unless this is better for some reason I'm probably not going to bother, I never tried 1B-LSD either. I'm somewhat surprised German market is big enough to invent whole new lysergamides for.
Germans go mad for the chemicals aye

I think you mean 2C-E here? Although its alpha-methylated analog exists as I'm sure you know. The third carbon in reference is at the alpha position, so it's kind of the amphetamine version of Mescalin-analog, Escalin. This should potentiate it quite a bit while extending its duration compared to its 2C cousin. The truth is though that 2C-E is quite an order of magnitude more potent than 3C-E. It's no wonder fixed onto that magical 2,5-dimethoxy-4-[ X ]-phenethylamine structure where you just fill-in-the-blank for X with different atoms, molecules and moieties until you find something you like…
I got the ideas originally from the book Flatland by Edwin Abbott. Really fantastic and interesting book if you've never read it.
Yes I've read it. I was always distracted by the notion that in a two-dimensional world, no one can have a fully functioning digestive tract without being completely bifurcated down the middle by it… Nevertheless it's a nifty metaphor for us to try and imagine a fourth spatial dimension. I like the take on Pointland from that in which the point—sole inhabitant, king and universe in one—perceives communication as thoughts originating in his own mind:

"You see," said my Teacher, "how little your words have done. So far as the Monarch understands them at all, he accepts them as his own – for he cannot conceive of any other except himself – and plumes himself upon the variety of Its Thought as an instance of creative Power. Let us leave this god of Pointland to the ignorant fruition of his omnipresence and omniscience: nothing that you or I can do can rescue him from his self-satisfaction."​

— the Sphere​

Germans go mad for the chemicals aye
The phenomenon is not unique to the Germans. That said, LSD is short for the German, "Lysergsäurediethylamid” so perhaps there's something to say for that in this instance…

YES! My +4 experience I had on 2C-E back in late 2005 showed me that similarly to how time is the 4th dimension and is composed of infinite snapshots, or slices, of one configuration of the 3 dimensional space in a moment in time, and when stacked together as a graph using time as the 4th dimensional axis, they form the spacetime continuum... similarly to that, the 5th dimension is the probability dimension. Each entire spacetime continuum from the beginning to the end of time is a slice of the 5th dimension, but fixed. The axis of the 5th dimension, the infinite slices of 4th dimensional spaces, contains the entirety of all possible configurations of the entirety of history/time/space, where events unfolded in a specific way. Moving along the 5th dimensional axis gets you into realities where things were done differently, different choices were made, different random events ended up differently. Together as a whole theyt make up all possible configurations of the entirety of space and time. By choosing to turn left instead of right, you are moving through frames of the dimension of probability.

That was unexpectedly poetic :p

-taboo

There's some interesting trip reports of 1V on reddit. Some say 1 tab was super intense, and advising to take just half. Some reported vomiting and nausea, and 'insanity'. Seems like pretty powerful stuff!

A 1V-LSD sample was found to contain the synthetic cathinone alpha-D2PV + 1 unknown substance. Please be careful and use the Ehrlich reagent to test for the presence of an indole compound.

Link:

Last edited:
Huh that's not good. Is that stimulant substance ultra potent? If not then there is no way enough dose could be on there to have an effect. I mean people seem to be reporting LSD-like effects, too (I think, or I might be thinking of one of the other now-large collection of 1-subs I haven't bothered to try). Wonder if someone got a dusting of that stim on there by accident, and the unknown substance is 1V-LSD (or another 1-sub lysergamide)? I know when I sent some really rare things out to Energy Control, they were unable to verify what it was since they didn't have a reference sample.

Huh that's not good. Is that stimulant substance ultra potent? If not then there is no way enough dose could be on there to have an effect. I mean people seem to be reporting LSD-like effects, too (I think, or I might be thinking of one of the other now-large collection of 1-subs I haven't bothered to try). Wonder if someone got a dusting of that stim on there by accident, and the unknown substance is 1V-LSD (or another 1-sub lysergamide)? I know when I sent some really rare things out to Energy Control, they were unable to verify what it was since they didn't have a reference sample.
No, it's not ultrapotent. It's probably a negligable amount, but the interesting thing is that they didn't detect any 1V-LSD. I have had over 50 substances lab-tested by Checkit, including a few novel lysergamides and they were always able to qualitatively determine the substance. I had 1B-LSD and MiPLA tested one week after they were publically released (their head-chemist even asked me if the 1B- was a joke lol) and the results were 1B-LSD (n.q) and MiPLA (n.q.) respectively. I don't see why it would be any different with 1V-LSD.
I will shoot them a message and ask them if they already have 1V-LSD in their database. :)

Could the presence of the a-D2PV have overwhelmed the reading so that 1V-LSD would have not been measurable? I assume that's not how it works, otherwise the cellulose chemicals in the paper would do the same.

Could the presence of the a-D2PV have overwhelmed the reading so that 1V-LSD would have not been measurable? I assume that's not how it works, otherwise the cellulose chemicals in the paper would do the same.
No, I don‘t think this is the case. ChEcKiT has one of the most sophisticated drug-testing setups in the world rn. They are capable of detecting fentanyl analogues in the ng range with their MALDI-HR-MS thingy and have consistently tested novel lysergamides the last couple of years. They were the first (and only, I think) drug-checking lab able to quantify the famous 1P-LSD micropellets.

No, it's not ultrapotent. It's probably a negligable amount, but the interesting thing is that they didn't detect any 1V-LSD. I have had over 50 substances lab-tested by Checkit, including a few novel lysergamides and they were always able to qualitatively determine the substance. I had 1B-LSD and MiPLA tested one week after they were publically released (their head-chemist even asked me if the 1B- was a joke lol) and the results were 1B-LSD (n.q) and MiPLA (n.q.) respectively. I don't see why it would be any different with 1V-LSD.
I will shoot them a message and ask them if they already have 1V-LSD in their database. :)

I see, that's cool. When I sent mine in they weren't able to tell but they must have used an inferior method, I guess. It was free testing as a reward for participating in a study and I get the sense they weren't willing to do the full analysis for free as some of the results left something to he desired. Though I did successfully identify some extreme rarities I have such as DOF, DOiP, and DOPr, which was great since I know for 100% sure that they are the real thing now.

If something came up as unknown that means they cannot test for everything. It seems as likely "unknown" is 1v-lsd as anything else. Its tasteless, active and I assume its "acidty" (i haven't done it). It sounds like cross contamination to me, why add an inactive microdose to something? This happened with al-lad too, same testing place as well, in 2018 with some cannabinoid, and general consensus here was cross contamination.

If something came up as unknown that means they cannot test for everything. It seems as likely "unknown" is 1v-lsd as anything else. Its tasteless, active and I assume its "acidty" (i haven't done it). It sounds like cross contamination to me, why add an inactive microdose to something? This happened with al-lad too, same testing place as well, in 2018 with some cannabinoid, and general consensus here was cross contamination.
Cross contamination is very likely in your example as there were multiple, unrelated substances detected, but also AL-LAD.
I am fairly certain, like I mentioned above, that the unknown substance is not 1V-LSD. I already wrote them a mail and waiting for confirmation but Checkit has never failed to analyze a substance qualitatively they were actively looking for, also not with novel and extremely new lysergamides.

The amount of a-D2PV on a blotter is probably negligible for the consumer, but it still is the only known, active component of it. I rather think, this is an example of a botched 1V-LSD synthesis. The alpha-D2PV was maybe used as a catalyst in the synthesis of the 1V-LSD, or to prepare a chiral agent and it just wasn’t washed out properly afterwards. My guess is, the unknown substance is either a 1V-LSD stereoisomer or another byproduct.

Edit: Also it wasnt tested by the same lab. Checkit has a far superior setup than MDA Basecamp.
Edit 2: Grammar

Last edited:
If something came up as unknown that means they cannot test for everything. It seems as likely "unknown" is 1v-lsd as anything else.
Wonder if someone got a dusting of that stim on there by accident, and the unknown substance is 1V-LSD (or another 1-sub lysergamide)? I know when I sent some really rare things out to Energy Control, they were unable to verify what it was since they didn't have a reference sample.
Alright, ChEcKiT got back to me. This sample was handed in as crystalline “1V-LSD” powder and not on a blotter, so it could be absolutely anything.
ChEcKiT also confirmed me that they already have 1V-LSD in their database and that the unknown substance is without a doubt not 1V-LSD.

Last edited:
Alright, ChEcKiT got back to me. This sample was handed in as crystalline “1V-LSD” powder and not on a blotter, so it could be absolutely anything.
ChEcKiT also confirmed me that they already have 1V-LSD in their database and that the unknown substance is without a doubt not 1V-LSD.

Curious, drugsdata requires ~20-50 mg samples.. Im assuming checkit would be about the same?
Thats like 2-500 doses if my math is on
Seems odd

Curious, drugsdata requires ~20-50 mg samples.. Im assuming checkit would be about the same?
Seems odd
They require 15-20mg, but yeah it‘s very odd. 150-300 common doses for one lab-analysis would be an expensive affair. I have also never seen powdered 1V-LSD for sale anywhere, but I imagine you could do a custom order for bulk.

Seems odd
I would guess that's due to handling. nobody wants to handle a mg or less of powder I think. all the labs do analysis of blotter paper as well, so I'd say put a small mg sample into a solution and put it onto blotter, cigarette paper or whatever and send it in like that if you wanted to get crystalline lysergamides analyzed.