Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The singles thread - Do what ya wanna do yeaahh

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4dd0g

Bluelighter
As the newly (self) appointed el presidendente of singledom I now pronounce this thread open.

My question is:
So why do all you singles keep bitching about relationships instead of celebrating your freedoms?

Are you really all that dependent and broken?

Is there not one among you who will stand up and fight off the tyranny of genetic drive and cultural brainwashing?

Does absinthe really make the heart grow fonder?

Dude, being MD btw, I think you do enough of your own brain washing.

Soo, goodluck with that.

1. I'm actually perfectly happy being single and the more I hear about other people's relationships, the less I want to be in one.

2. No to dependent, but perhaps a little broken (but aren't we all?)

3. I'm planning to be a crazy old cat lady. If that's not fighting the power, I don't know what is.

4. It's not easy being green.

^ Good answers! How long did it take you to come up with those?

I don't know shit about fuck.

You all need to spend more time in SLR. I'll sort youse out.

NickyJ: According to the timestamps it must have been less than 2 hours.. kat is quick off the mark like that though

I was being half serious in the OP. I think there is a nature (genetic species instinct) that drives us toward some kind of relationship. I also think there is a very strong nurture (upbringing, media, cultural) belief we should have some kind of long term partner. As a creature of both instinct and intellect I dont think there is any harm in questioning the source of either of these things and right now i dont care much for the latter

I also think that absinthe is the root of all something... i'm not too sure what it is as I can never remember - but deep down inside i know its evil!

Umm.... yes, they did.... er....

But their saying is still true!

But that wouldn't necessarily mean you need someone to love you. You gotta love yourself first! So yeah .. "all you need is love"

Yeah yeah yeah. I am just awaiting for the moment when that sexy hot mumma comes along and turns your world upside down. And then you may say "Yes dfrs, you were right"

I'll be awaiting for my moment of truth.

^ actually, you're right and i realise now that ive been lying to myself and ... and.. that we were meant to be together miss breaky

Just you, me and the neighbors pet scruffy the fox terrier

Oh! the times we'll have. Me with the dog collar, you with the flee powder and scruffy in the gimp outfit swinging from the chandeliers wondering wtf is going on

Wedded bliss! :)

If I were in that situation, I wouldnt be wondering 'wtf is going on'

Id know exactly what to do ;)

Edit: This comment is redundant based on the fact that I didnt read your original post properly. But I want to keep it there just as a reminder that I am right here waiting for you. With the flea powder.

Tsk tsk. You are all very troubled young people, and that's why you're single. Don't worry, I'll see you all comfortably settled by this time next year :|

heh heh

*edit*Puppies and Kittens

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Been single for 6 months

Leaving in 1 week to backpack Europe on my lonesome! I have a one way ticket.

I have to work to buy one to get home :)

ahhhhhhhhhh

m4dd0g said:
I was being half serious in the OP. I think there is a nature (genetic species instinct) that drives us toward some kind of relationship. I also think there is a very strong nurture (upbringing, media, cultural) belief we should have some kind of long term partner. As a creature of both instinct and intellect I dont think there is any harm in questioning the source of either of these things and right now i dont care much for the latter

Word nigha. You always seem to be able to say what I'm thinking. I'm not much good with these things called words. I need a word box where I can store them and pull them out at appropriate times.

Status
Not open for further replies.