• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

the only people who use drugs wear phat pants and hoodies.

These days the flyers also say "No lads." About time if you ask me.

lol in Aust it is 'No lads', in the UK it is 'No chavs', in NZ it is 'No gang members'. Seems to be universal just different names haha..

^^yeah but id bet anything that the sydney lad is 10x more scum than any other form of gang member.

In eastern europe its called "face control" haha ive seen it all the time on flyers. Its mainly the gypsies who arnt allowed entry but can be members of gangs too. I just dont get it when there are quite a few of bold headed 55cm biceps men with gold chains thick as my forearm with 2 blonde hot chicks all off there head on coke at a big rave lol

Once i accidently stepped on there foot and he looked behind him, i was like oh oh then he put his arm round me bought me n my mates redbulls each then went back to the dance floor where he pointed both his index finger at the side of his lips sayin smile.

That is absolutely disgraceful, no rave wear allowed at a rave event. Well fuck you Amnesia, I'm glad I never wasted a cent of my money on your events in the past and I certainly won't be rushing out to grab tickets for your upcoming events. Bring back the PLUR.

LMAO @ this thread

I'm not for the phatts but suite yourself, hoodies kick ass in the cold while raving mid winter in melbourne.

I'm sick of the "my shuffle's better than your's" hardstyle scene.

The psy scene is where the love is at...

They do this at hip-hop clubs all the time too. (SF) Discriminate against people with (different) large pants. Completely mindless response to drugs and violence in their parties.

For the record, I love my phats and it's a rare 55-65°F day I don't wear a hoodie. Wish I could wear phats everyday. Hoodie, tank underneath for heat and big-ass pants that save me the trouble of wearing a backpack or bag.

I'm sick of the "my shuffle's better than your's" hardstyle scene.

I'm the same. Love hardstyle, love shuffling, hate the 'forget the music, just watch me shuffle!' bullshit attitude that infects hardstyle parties. When dancing goes beyond expressing the music and just becomes showing off, it kind of kills the vibe. And I live in adelaide, I can't imagine how bad it must be in melbourne.

That's why I love hardcore. Crank it up to 180bpm and even the most geared up asians can't keep up, and people forget about showing off and just go back to having fun.

I'm the same. Love hardstyle, love shuffling, hate the 'forget the music, just watch me shuffle!' bullshit attitude that infects hardstyle parties. When dancing goes beyond expressing the music and just becomes showing off, it kind of kills the vibe. And I live in adelaide, I can't imagine how bad it must be in melbourne.

That's why I love hardcore. Crank it up to 180bpm and even the most geared up asians can't keep up, and people forget about showing off and just go back to having fun.

the only way to keep up with hardcore is by having little arrows popping up in front of you telling you where to put your feet :p

but yeah melbourne's a bit fucked. you wear your phats and people yell out shuffle.
or walking to paul van dyk @ metro, and having some guys out front of a restraunt yell out shuffle... then my mate humours them by bustin out a move.
next thing some asian kid pops out of the crowd and tries to turn it into a battle.

its annoying as fuck. and i love my pikachu full reflective phats, but i dont like wearing them out often cos i cant stand the whole "omg im the best shuffler. lets battle" bullshit.
but you're right. melbourne's bad for it. the young kids are the worst.
but it does depend on where you are. i don't like dancing at phd. just because of the type of "shuffle gods" that attend.
but then you've got bubble which is sweet.

breaking out a shuffle at a metal club is pretty funny tho, you get as many looks as you would at phd. but it's more like a LULWTF hate stare.. rather than criticising my rather pisspoor technique lol.

Too true...

I'm over it almost entirely and would only set foot in a hardstyle club this year for special occasions such as mates b'day's.

I love being in the bush, surrounded by art and lasers for days of 24/7 dancing.

You haven't lived untill you've spent 3+ days dancing bare foot in sand/mud surrounded with respectful people who wont walk through you on the floor or try to battle you when you bust a move.

The music is more than simple hard beats with a few samples

Plenty of eye candy (tits out isn't uncommon)

You don't have the cops breathing down your neck

You don't have to worry about getting to the next club or finding a safe way home.

You can wear anything and not get hastled out!

well for those who doubted that the dress code was due to the drugs...
my housemate has received an email response from amnesia re: not allowing phats / hoodies to be worn at their event.

i'll get her to post it up once she gets home. but basically it's not the promoters, it's the venue. and it's due to the negative stigma attached to ravers, due to GHB use / abuse.

coming up after the break. diane's weight.

i am just hoping to god that TE09 @ Calder isn't going to succumb to the narrow-minded view that all ravers are blowy fucks.
i have no problem with you if you use G responsibly.
but those that live to blow out...
who think dropping 10 - 20ml charges and winding up semi conscious. looking like you're gonna die...

well thanks for killing our scene.
i would expect more venues to follow suit, especially after XQ =(

lol i emailed the promoters about the whole dress code thing just to see what they have to say....and got the response i expected ghb

"[email protected]
to me

show details 12:08 AM (18 hours ago)

Hi,

I appreciate the fact you've gone out of your way to voice your opinion, and I'd
like to clarify some facts for you. Then I'll leave the rest up to your
discretion.

Raver's are more than welcome at our events as they are obviously one of our
prime target markets (myself having grown up in the rave scene). However, it is
not our fault that venue owners prefer no rave gear. This is out of our hands to
some degree. 'Unfortunately', and let me re-emphasise the word 'unfortunately',
the rave scene has a bad reputation at the moment with all of the GHB issues
that have been happening. Venue owners do not want a crowd that has a stigma
attached to them, and us as professionals must respect these decisions. Amnesia
did start off as a rave event, but the scene itself has forced us to move in the
direction of a 'neat casual' dress code; and we have been very successful in
offering this alternative.

This is not to say that in the future, we won't be allowing rave gear. It just
depends on other factors that we do not have control over, like the scene
itself.

I'm sure you'll understand this, if not I'll be happy to answer any questions
that you have.

Regards,
Erol"

If I was in melbourne I'd be incredibly pissed off at anybody taking GHB. I'm all for drug experimentation, but time and place. Some drugs just aren't meant for a rave environment.

the only people who use drugs wear phat pants and hoodies.

well once on drugs i got beaten up by two guys call Phat and Hoody

does that count?

the only way to keep up with hardcore is by having little arrows popping up in front of you telling you where to put your feet :p

but yeah melbourne's a bit fucked. you wear your phats and people yell out shuffle.
or walking to paul van dyk @ metro, and having some guys out front of a restraunt yell out shuffle... then my mate humours them by bustin out a move.
next thing some asian kid pops out of the crowd and tries to turn it into a battle.

its annoying as fuck. and i love my pikachu full reflective phats, but i dont like wearing them out often cos i cant stand the whole "omg im the best shuffler. lets battle" bullshit.
but you're right. melbourne's bad for it. the young kids are the worst.
but it does depend on where you are. i don't like dancing at phd. just because of the type of "shuffle gods" that attend.
but then you've got bubble which is sweet.

breaking out a shuffle at a metal club is pretty funny tho, you get as many looks as you would at phd. but it's more like a LULWTF hate stare.. rather than criticising my rather pisspoor technique lol.

WTF is it with this shuffle dancing in AU? I never heard of it untill i moved here. The dance itself looks cool but not in a fuckin nightclub cos they look retarded. Its like someone would start break dancin at the club, would look pretty sillly wouldnt it?

Oh n i forgot that the music it so gay lol Music explains the type of person they are with the exceptions

Being a musician myslef, the simplicity of the music in most clubs saddens and disgusts me.

The shuffle is an amazing dance to watch when executed properly and i'm guilty of still busting the running man along with other moves at alternative doof events because i love to groove.

There are thousands of sad sorts who have no musical appreciation, no group to fit into as such, love getting wasted and find community appreciation/escape in the rave scene and they are the ones ruining it for the decent crowd.

I'm not saying there's no hard working, smart, decent people in the scene but fuck, 9/10 conversations at hardstyle raves were with idiot's to say the least. Rarely did i meet any one with a decent outlook on life, decent job, highly skilled/schooled... The list goes on

The amount of uneducated people living off selling pills and speed day in day out was sad.

I have 6 good friends from years of hardstyle clubbing

I can't count the amount of decent friends i made at the last non hardstyle event i went to.

From that point of view i can see why venue owners would bring in such rules but it's still a fucking joke.

You have a hardstyle event, you let the hardstylers come wearing whatever the fuck they want.

Let the feds sort them out bahahahaha

Simple

Being a musician myslef, the simplicity of the music in most clubs saddens and disgusts me.

The shuffle is an amazing dance to watch when executed properly and i'm guilty of still busting the running man along with other moves at alternative doof events because i love to groove.

There are thousands of sad sorts who have no musical appreciation, no group to fit into as such, love getting wasted and find community appreciation/escape in the rave scene and they are the ones ruining it for the decent crowd.

I'm not saying there's no hard working, smart, decent people in the scene but fuck, 9/10 conversations at hardstyle raves were with idiot's to say the least. Rarely did i meet any one with a decent outlook on life, decent job, highly skilled/schooled... The list goes on

The amount of uneducated people living off selling pills and speed day in day out was sad.

I have 6 good friends from years of hardstyle clubbing

I can't count the amount of decent friends i made at the last non hardstyle event i went to.

From that point of view i can see why venue owners would bring in such rules but it's still a fucking joke.

You have a hardstyle event, you let the hardstylers come wearing whatever the fuck they want.

Let the feds sort them out bahahahaha

Simple

+1

AT least you've found 6 people.. mine keep falling away because they're "too old to do this shit anymore" or some crap.

Bah. Age is just a number. Wear what you want be who you are.

Sorry if thats slightly off topic but felt i needed to share.

PLUR

Well the scene definately has a high turnover. People are usually in and out within a year or two, it just takes so much out of you. You go through the honeymoon period of 'omg pills hard dance raving!' where it seems like the most amazing thing ever. You keep hitting party after party, weekend after weekend, the amount of drugs you're taking goes up and up but the amount of enjoyment you're getting out of it starts slowly going down and down. Eventually after a few years you hit the point where you get sick of the sketchiness and the bad comedowns and being broke all the time, and it seems like the same clubs are playing the same music to the same people on the same drugs, week in week out.

Some keep going, and they're the ones who seem to end up at 35 with a shitty job, fried brain and nothing to look forward to but partying with people a decade younger than them, some manage to cut back and go out once every so often, with or without drugs, and keep enjoying it for what it is. But most drop out of the scene, become jaded, hang up the phatties, put the candy in the back of their drawer and move on with life.

6 morally decent people who are good friends to this day from raves ranging from 40,000+ events in europe to the hardstyle clubs of melbourne over a period of years.

Those are bad numbers in my books, i'm not hard to get along with but i don't take any bullshit and i don't hang around dodgey or disrespectful types.

As the years went on, the amount of dodgey (rip off drug pushers) and disrespectful (you know who you are, think you're gods gift to the world coz you're buffed up on roids and G) fuckwits just became overwhelming.

Gone are the days of walking into *cough* & *ahem* and getting cuddles from the door to my friends table, doing lines of crazy mdma and coke all night at the table with a mix bowl always full to the brim going around. Leaving shit unattended for hours without any risk of theft. Only ever a few juicers who didn't blow out (the juice bunny's were horny little rascals which i quite enjoyed). Never had to worry about testing pills (there's was crud around at the time but never made it into our hands), pills were high dose and it didn't worry me that they were $5 more than todays crap.

To see where the scene is at today compared to where i started in it makes me wonder why i stayed while it fell to pieces around me.

The scene is more amphetamine/G crazy today than lovey MDMA and we all know the reason why...

Crankinit hit the nail on the head

Very high turn over

Most fall out of the scene as a wreck of their former self

Very destructive no matter how you look at it

I do know one couple in their 30's who have been raving in melb since the age of 16 and have a decent life, good jobs and children. They take very low amounts of drugs for the scene they're in

I don't think it's going anywhere though. For every raver who hits 21 or 22, decides they're done with it, and tries to put their life back together, there's another wide eyed 17 year old who just took their first pill and feels like they've discovered this whole other world, like they finally found something to look forward to and a place they belong. When you're like that, you're completely blind to the darker side of the scene because you haven't experienced firsthand how destructive it can be.