• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

the only people who use drugs wear phat pants and hoodies.

umm...can someone explain what "lad clothing " is to me? stripey shirts, white caps, running shoes???? I dont get it.

i think fat pants and hoodies and all that razzle dazzle :p look absolutely stupid.... but you know what who gives a shit what i think ,if u wanna wear fat pants and go nuts on the dance floor and enjoy your night i say go for it and to hell with what the "bacl of the ticket" says

umm...can someone explain what "lad clothing " is to me? stripey shirts, white caps, running shoes???? I dont get it.

please, allow me to explain...

l_28fd0501886f248c56b8d87e31d8e0a4.jpg

sydney raves are absolutely decked out with this sort of crowd.
it really does make the atmosphere feel much more disgusting than it should.

Lulz@that line-up and a no phatties policy. Good luck to the promoters

^ That's what i was thinking.

It's quiet funny how the rave scene has changed over the years. From standing out if you're not in phatties/rave gear to now standing out if you are. I assume promotions have taken away what made that scene unique.

Fuck lads piss me off they are the biggest suspects and the cops always sus them out because they are pretty much all known to paint/B&E/deal drugs... Whenever we see one walking the street at night we always yell out, "Lads are crabs" and they always put there heads down because they know it to be true!

Also the majority of them are pussies/doggs anyways, when they are in a group of a couple of them they are always ready to fight anybody but when they are by themselves they are your best friend and kiss your arse... Nobody wants to make friends with lads and the chicks that think they are 'cool' are usually full of diseases anyways lol.

On the other note about the rave dress code though; are they trying to loose money or something because the majority of people who would attend the gig would be phat pants wearing ravers... I know I'm a raver but I've been doing since I was 15 and if you ever saw me you would never guess it because I'm 'metro' so to say. Although in saying that I don't dress up in phats as well because it's like a heat seeking vessel for cops in that I'm say, "Yo over here I have drugs on me." They seem to think that way I have found, but in saying that most phats have some pretty cool hidden pockets and really deep ones as well...

Somebody from a professional business background should send them a letter stating that they are going to loose money because of certain obvious points on the fliers they have had out and some other factors, I wonder who's idea it was to put such stupid comments on the flyer... Maybe they are dealing drugs or something at the event and don't want any extra police present to interfere with there operation hahahaha.

Again I love rave culture as much as any raver, but what kind of raver would refuse to go just because they can't wear phatties? For a good enough lineup, I'd go to a hardstyle party with a 'pink tutu' dress policy.

I mean all you have to do is put on a pair of jeans instead of your phatties. You could probably get away with a little candy as well, I doubt they're going to confiscate it or anything.

In the end it's about having to portray a respectable image. The media has attacked rave culture over and over, especially with the GHB drama, this is a way of escaping that so they can continue throwing parties in the future. What do you care more about, having more promoters who throw regular, quality parties with awesome lineups, or wearing your favourite pair of phatties or gators?

Given this is in Melbourne, I would think a statement saying they don't want phatties or ravers at all is really saying; take whatever drugs you want, just don't bring any G. :|

Hey Punk - Don't start on Phattie wearers or I'll fuck your shit up!!!! =D

I wear Phats and even though I love my G I prefer a nice night of Cid and Pills if I'm out for a long night of raving. G is for recovery if K isn't available. :)

No Phats @ a hardstyle event = less $ for the promoter. Sucks to be them trying to make a stand in this economic climate!!!! :p

in sydney, the back of most powerhouse rave flyers these days ask for "no lad clothing ie; stripey shirts, white caps, running shoes".
lol.
i won't argue with that one.
but whats wrong with phat pants and hoodies??

These days the flyers also say "No lads." About time if you ask me.

hahaha love the pics.

if any of you guys were out in sydney on mardi gras night then you would have seen the highest concentration of them ever seen in the cbd, my favourite were the group of topless 12 year olds off their face trying to start fights by calling people "metro cunts" lol. it's like yeah... props for insulting someone for not being poor or looking disgusting!

Given this is in Melbourne, I would think a statement saying they don't want phatties or ravers at all is really saying; take whatever drugs you want, just don't bring any G. :|

As someone else has mentioned, no promoter wants a 10+ blowout event that ends up on the evening news.

hahah yeah my sentiments exactly.
and it sucks. cos most the people you see, the ones that live to blow out all the time. (or party all the time as they'd call it) usually are dressed in jeans, t-shirts and usually wear caps.

the whole drug free event thing, well they're an illegal substance noones gonna promote. hey we love drugs. come smoke crackies at our rave. we have couches to blow out on, and if you've had too much shard, we even have a defibrilator to kick your heart back into gear. lol.

they don't want blowouts. what venue does? apparently phd has a zero tolerance policy to blowing out. and look at what they're known for.

i posted this up on myspace as a bulletin and this bloke left a comment on the bulletin.

11 Mar 2009 9:08 PM
damn... Ive never been to amnesia, although Im an avid fan of raves (but not so much a fan of hardstyle). I dont wear any rave gear, I also dont do drugs, but I looooove shuffling and have been doing it for years. It makes more sense to ban DRUGS not CLOTHING, I personally have loooong hair, a beard and mustache, and look nothing like a raver at all. People seem to think im some kind of "musician" and as they start waffling on about led zepplin or metalica, I find myself drifting off, thinking about miminal tech, tribal house or tech/trance. See my point? Its people with those kinds of mindsets that push the stereotypes to a new level and PROMOTE that it is ok to do so. Imagine if they said, "sorry, no black/​white/​green people, why? Because the average stereotype is that they do drugs/are violent/steal. Its a similar way of thinking and should not be encouraged. If they want to stop drugs, they should get more security or sniffer dogs or whatever. /rant

and lol @ lads.. so basically they're devvo lookalikes.
i thought it was called chavs.

i've learnt something new today lol

personal opinion about whether you like phats or not the whole concept of not letting in people in rave gear is fucking retarded with a lineup like that. And wtf no hoodies, even if its hot inside pretty sure that melbourne in the early hours of the morning waiting for a taxi isnt exactly going to be warm

I personally think that if they are going to make shit rules like that then there should also be a rule against full sik muzzas taking off their shirts when they overheat cos they are pilling off their tits?

point is phat pants arent the problem and how does making the same people who normally wear phats change into a pair of jeans and tshirt make them any less inclined to behave in the same way that they always do?

^ It doesn't, but the media don't know that.

I personally think that if they are going to make shit rules like that then there should also be a rule against full sik muzzas taking off their shirts when they overheat cos they are pilling off their tits?

I'd buy a ticket to any party that made a 'shirt on at all times' rule, purely on principle :p

Guys shirt's anyway. Chicks, feel free to wear as little as you desire.