Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Official BL Cricket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnargus

Bluelighter
OK!

I know from the few cricket related threads that have been posted that there are some cricket fans here, myself one of them! So here is a place now to talk all things cricket.....whether it's the inspirational century from the weekend game, the sad retiring of a hero, the kickass win of the Aussies or the mindless banter associated with all three!!

So, to kick things off......how fucked was the weather in Brisbane for the 1st Test?! Sunshine State my ass.... :D And as for this test, Aust better straighten up or this'll be a draw too! took them 4 odd hours to get a wicket today....Andy Bichel, gotta love the guy.....

Ok, get to it people......%)

dravid
send dravid to the pits of hell
In the nicest possible way :)

^^^ I 2nd that.....my hope is that after stuck on 199 overnight he'll get bowled middle stump my a nice Bichel yorker... :D

^^ you mean Calcutta? ;) Yes, it was not a good time.....well hopefully Gillespe + McGill will be firing a bit better (more successful) tomorrow...i mean, today :)

And then there is a top order collapse for Australia so Steven Waugh can come in, save the day and post a mad tonne :D

Tony: I dont hold a grudge Rich, remember to me a grudge is just another place to pork my cor.

Well I have the day of work today so I am spending it in a fairly relaxing way... cruising bluelight, watching cricket and listening to kickass music... Awesome way to spend a day.

Dravid is one of the best batsmen going around at the moment and I am really not surprised that the Indians are putting up quite a solid resistance. They have the 2nd best batting line-up in the world behind Australia's and we are quite depleted in our bowling stocks at the moment, which didn't get any better with Williams buggering up his shoulder yesterday...

C'mon McGrath get your fucking ankle together...

At least most of today should be a batting extravaganza once the Indians are out as Waugh will want a very large total to defend so that there is actually a chance of winning the game...

This looks ominously like it is going to be a drawn test again, and even possibly a drawn series... :\

CB :)

Originally posted by tnargus
And then there is a top order collapse for Australia so Steven Waugh can come in, save the day and post a mad tonne :D

I apologise for my jinxing.....i forgot to touch wood :(

Collapse, and no tonne....ai ai ai....

Looks like a possible win for India argghh!!!!!:X

gah

great, looks like we'll probably lose the Adelaide test after that miserable collapse.

Steve Waugh better get his ass into gear or he'll be in danger of losing his last ever series, on aussie soil no less!

Who thinks its all over?
That was one of the more woeful days of cricket I have witnessed.

IMO it was a fucking great contest today....up and down all day....i obviously would have liked Aust to be on top at the end, but hey....

I think India has it in the bag.....which is a shame....it'll take a monumental effort from Aust....not only because India has a lot of time and only a few runs to get and all their wickets, but because Aust is down a bowler (Williams....altho he did bat today....maybe he's better?) and are also still down their main bowlers McGrath, Lee and Warne....Gillespie and Bichel and McGill need to do a ridiculously good job to save this test match :(

i have said before... watching the test matches is like watching the grass grow..... one day matches I can handle that as long I am at the pub with endless schooners of beers.

Ahh test matches are better these days thanks to Steve Waugh.....it's attacking cricket now instead of sit back and score 2 runs an over....have a look at Lara, 28 off one over :)

Did I mention I had the West Indian cricket side over for dinner one night? I'll tell that story another time ;)

I can't see Australia getting up today unless someone really steps up in the bowling stakes. Although the pitch is apparently deteriorating, the Indians have a very long batting line-up...

This could be a mess.

CB :\

Actually really looking forward to today's play. If Australia can win it from here, it'll finally be one worth cheering about.

And if they don't, we won't be able to use our usual "dead rubber" excuse. For once, the other team will have out-played them. To have the Australians score 400 on the first day (a record for the ground) and still beat them says a lot for India's skill and dedication.

Assuming, of course, that they do. Whoever wins today will thoroughly deserve it.

tnargus said:
^^ you mean Calcutta? ;)

Actually, most Indian cities are becoming known by their Hindu names again, rather than the Anglicised versions that are more familiar to us (thanks to British occupation).

e.g. Bombay is now known (again) as Mumbai
Calcutta becomes (again) Kolkatta
Madras becomes (again, but you get my point) Chennai.

As a nuetral, I have to say I'm incredibly pleased to have watched that match. It had a hell of a lot going for it. I can't believe the Indians got back into it, and I think Aussies need to give them credit for an incredibly gutsy effort. Great game, plenty of runs, what more could you want?

Oh, and I think NZ's Stephen Fleming deserves some of the credit for the more positive captaincy which we see worldwide. He's been making declarations similar to the one Waugh made in the first test for quite a few years now. The Aussies, of course, get the credit for transforming the game most completely, in terms of making test cricket about attacking play again (I think every true cricket fan has to love watching Australia play, not just for their skill but for the attitude they bring to the game).

Anyway, this sets the series up nicely. I must admit, before the series started I thought the Indians had no show.

Status
Not open for further replies.