Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I watched Dog Eat Dog. It wasn't bad for Nic Cage B movie. Lots of killing. Lots of absurdity. Some interesting cinematography. Not the worst thing if you've watched everything else good on there

Anyone checked out "The Silence" yet on Netflix? Sounds like it's kinda in the same universe as last year's "A Quiet Place."

Ok so no, it's not like A Quiet Place. Still ok, maybe like 5 or 6/10 - reasonable bit of action/thrills for an evening film.

^ I watched The Silence. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either. Haha

Black Summer just came out today, a zombie series. Gonna watch the 1st episode to see if I like it.

Just binged the animated series (only a season 1 available on Netflix) of Love, Death, and Robots. All episodes are stand alone, not even carry over characters. All episodes follow whatever animating they choose (some look like Saturday mornings stuff, some like Archer, some like cutting edge video games simulating real people). There's a LOT of violence, language, and nudity to support the TV-MA rating. But I found nearly all of the episodes enjoyable. This won't be for everyone, but for some, a pretty good spend of a few hours over a weekend. 7/10

finished the last episode a moment ago. entertaining. "The Witness" was my favorite. "Fish Night" gets honorable mention. it needed 15 - 30 more seconds at the end to wrap up without being too abrupt.

Last edited:
I really hated how Black Summer ended. It leaves you feeling like watching it is a complete waste of time.

I'm in love with the new show "Special", it's a comedy about a gay man who has cerebral palsy. It's hilarious and well-written. The episodes are only like 15 minutes.

i'm just NOW hip to the versace american crime story. pretty darn good stuff. casting is lit af, penelope cruz best donatella! ricky martin. frickin gorgeous too, like i wanna live in this miami (not really) but in ta perfect world.

I watched through Turn Up Charlie with Idris Elba this week. It was pretty decent for a fish out of water sitcom. But I would watch anything with Idris so I'm a bit biased

^ Cool. Uma Thurman's new horror show 'Chambers', is available today, looks interesting. I've been waiting all month for it.

A Fortunate Man. Pretty powerful piece and I feel the title is very guiding. Its not called a Successful Man or An Admirable Man or An Enviable Man. Instead its called A Fortunate Man. I found myself, not on a scale evoked by An American Tragedy, but still screaming internally for it's main character to realize his great fortune and put forth the little effort needed to bring fork to mouth and consume it.

I finished Chambers and enjoyed it. I like how they showed that the hippy, New Age crap is demonic. It was really cool when they played Deftones "Pink Maggit" in one of the scenes. Listening to that now...

I watched a movie the other day and learned that Santana does kundalini yoga. He meditates and speaks to demons. That's how his album "Supernatural" became a hit, because of the demon he spoke to. People better understand the spirit world is very real. I hope he repents and saves his soul in the end.

Santana said: “I know it sounds New Age... but in my meditation, this entity - which is called Metatron - he said, 'we want to hook you back to the radio airwave frequency. We want you to reach junior high schools, high schools and universities. Once you reach them - because we are going to connect you with the best artists of the day - then we want you to present them a new menu. Let them know that they are themselves, multidimensional spirits with enormous possibilities and opportunities. We want you to present them with a new form of existence that transcends religion, politics or the modus operandi of education today'”
SOURCE: Rolling Stone magazine, Summer, 1999

Last edited:
watched first two episodes of Chernobyl last night. already excellent...

alasdair

^ Yesss! I'm on episode 4 of Chernobyl, HBO. It came right on time after we lost Game Of Thrones. It's really infuriating how their government were trying to cover their own ass and risking people's lives. (They did the same thing with 9/11 here in the states). The way the people disintegrate before your very eyes is scary and sad. I can't even imagine going through that.

I've been Netflix-less this month because of trying out Hulu for free.

Just remembered season 3 of GLOW with Marc Maron will be back on Netflix either next month or July so I'll definitely get it again for that.

Last edited:
^ It was! That girl with the dreads looked like Lisa Bonet, gorgeous. Shia LaBeouf with the gross rat tail. He was such a douche.

Back to Chernobyl for a minute...last night I looked up the Chernobyl babies victims and a series of YouTube videos popped up. It was footage of horribly deformed children from Chernobyl in the mental asylum. I was not ready for part 2 of the video. I won't even link it, it's too disturbing. The doctors tied this lil' boy's hands and legs down to a chair. He was screaming and crying "Why are you tying me down?" Then they put a blindfold over his eyes. "Why are you covering my eyes?" The sheer terror in his voice sent chills through my spine. Then they proceeded to open his mouth and rip something out of his throat. There was no anesthesia. He was screaming and crying at the top of his lungs in pain and bleeding profusely out of his mouth. It was the worst thing I've ever seen. At first I thought they were cutting his tongue out, but it was his tonsils they took out in a barbaric way.

The point of the video was to show what Chernobyl children had to go through and that they couldn't afford an anesthesia machine. Thank God that video helped to raise it and they have it now.

The fucking doctors over there are STILL denying Chernobyl has anything to do with the deformities. It's all whitewashing from the government. They make me truly sick to my stomach.

Binge watched the documentary series "Killer Ratings".... I was surprised but it was insanely good. Extremely captivating, with so many twists and turns. I can't believe that this sensational story was real life. Just when I thought I had a grip on, what was going on something else popped up that made me question everything I thought. It was extremely well put together, engrossing, and with a human element that was raw and palpable.

Binge watched the documentary series "Killer Ratings".... I was surprised but it was insanely good. Extremely captivating, with so many twists and turns. I can't believe that this sensational story was real life. Just when I thought I had a grip on, what was going on something else popped up that made me question everything I thought. It was extremely well put together, engrossing, and with a human element that was raw and palpable

Warning this real life Narco tragedy will have you gutted by the end by the long trail of human suffering and waste taking place in modern day latin America.