• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Twilight222 is right and speaks from experience....Though maybe it depends on why you're taking it? I've taken it for over 10 years 24/7 but I'd never willingly take a 4ml dose, I never take more than 1.7ml every hour in the day (perhaps every 2 or 3 hours at night)...what's the benefit of taking that higher dose? For me after 1.7 you're just spaced out, you won't be able to function in the real world and people might think you're an odd f*cker!! lol....and that's if you're lucky. Lots of bad stuff stuff can and will happen if you overdo it...I started taking it myself because I was a semi-alcoholic and got a liver test result from a medical at work which showed high toxicity etc....found GBL and transition was easy....but if you've not got a drink problem you probably don't want to start taking GBL on a regular basis because you'll end up hooked on one or the other. As I already had the alcohol problem, GBL was by far the healthier option (won't go into depth for why, just trust me)

I took the alcohol and the GBL to self medicate, wasn't for kicks, not a social thing ( though G is great if you're lacking in that respect, in my case I was diagnosed Aspergers a few years ago, in my mid-50's now)..G has many benefits, the main ones for me being it's a mood enhancer/anti-depressant.

Another thing, when you say it gives you a 'heartbeat raise', you don't mean that literally, do you? It should have the opposite effect on your heart etc. I guess you just meant it gives you a lift? But 4ml though, jesus. That's something else.

Anyway, sorry I've rambled on a bit, too much information maybe, beginning to bore myself!. Be careful.
In my mid 40’s now. I got the Asperger’s diagnosis about 10 years ago. I used alcohol as a mood stabilizer for 20 years before the pain pills took over that spot. I don’t even know what GBL is or how to get it. You say it helps with the Asperger’s- is this something that can be prescribed and used for the rest of your life?

I used Lyrica to quit my xanax (~2.5 mg / day) use. It worked great, used 300mg lyrica, and felt euphoria comparable to Heroin. Dropped my xanax use to 0.5 mg/day, then .25, then within a week stopped xanax with not much problem. I thought wow this is great. I heard Lyrica can be addictive too, around the time was using about 450mg / day. started tapering, within a couple weeks was down to almost zero use without any withdrawal. Wander full I thought.

Then I restarted my stimulant weekend use, and instead of xanax to combat the side effects, used lyrica. Long story short, was using lyrica around 600-900 mg /day for 5-6 months. Side effects right from start were pretty bad, sexual, -can't orgasm at all while on it (anyone else have this problem?), then my extremities started going numb, fingers, toes. Then impotence. Tried quitting , no way in hell, worse withdrawal then opiate and benzos.

Tapered to 150mg / day for a few weeks with help of benzos, then 2 weeks ago down to 20mg/ day for a week, then last 7 days I've been lyrica free.

But I had to increase my benzo use to some 3-4mg xanax to function and not go crazy. And I still feel like shit no matter how much benzos i take. Still have numb toes, still have some sexual side effects which seem to be improving. Basically I'm back where I started plus all the damage I've done. Never touch this drug again.

I can't seem to taper benzos, smallest decrease throws me into bad withdrawal, I simply went through too many benzo withdrawals and they just get worse each time. I don't know what to do now. :(

Tried switching to diazepam, same problem.

Lyrica may be great for quitting H (quit my 2 month h habit with ease) or benzos if used for short time, but don't get addicted to it.

I used Lyrica to quit my xanax (~2.5 mg / day) use. It worked great, used 300mg lyrica, and felt euphoria comparable to Heroin. Dropped my xanax use to 0.5 mg/day, then .25, then within a week stopped xanax with not much problem. I thought wow this is great. I heard Lyrica can be addictive too, around the time was using about 450mg / day. started tapering, within a couple weeks was down to almost zero use without any withdrawal. Wander full I thought.

Then I restarted my stimulant weekend use, and instead of xanax to combat the side effects, used lyrica. Long story short, was using lyrica around 600-900 mg /day for 5-6 months. Side effects right from start were pretty bad, sexual, -can't orgasm at all while on it (anyone else have this problem?), then my extremities started going numb, fingers, toes. Then impotence. Tried quitting , no way in hell, worse withdrawal then opiate and benzos.

Tapered to 150mg / day for a few weeks with help of benzos, then 2 weeks ago down to 20mg/ day for a week, then last 7 days I've been lyrica free.

But I had to increase my benzo use to some 3-4mg xanax to function and not go crazy. And I still feel like shit no matter how much benzos i take. Still have numb toes, still have some sexual side effects which seem to be improving. Basically I'm back where I started plus all the damage I've done. Never touch this drug again.

I can't seem to taper benzos, smallest decrease throws me into bad withdrawal, I simply went through too many benzo withdrawals and they just get worse each time. I don't know what to do now. :(

Tried switching to diazepam, same problem.

Lyrica may be great for quitting H (quit my 2 month h habit with ease) or benzos if used for short time, but don't get addicted to it.

Did you feel euphoria despite taking pregabalin every day? Pregabalin is great but when I take it every day the euphoria is non-existent.

is it true that Pregabalin and Gabapentin deplete your magnesium?

If so, should I take magnesium supplements before and/or after using them?

Heyb

Hey iceman,
Just a quick note, I was prescribed gabapentin for a while before pregablin. It is much less potent than pregablin and in my opinion 300mg is a very low dose. I was taking grams a day before the switch so don't worry too much about taking 300mg for sleeping I think you will be absolutely fine at that dose .

Peace and love
BBlunt
There is no official established conversion between gabapentin and pregabalin, nevertheless, medical resources usually claim gabapentin to be roughly 1/6th the potency of pregabalin, so 300mg would be equivalent to only 50mg of pregabalin. Coupled with the fact it is more poorly absorbed and it's even less.

I've took pregabs for the third time on Saturday night 600mg, the last time was Nov 450mg and time before that was September, 450mg.

Monday night and yesterday were terrible, felt like I was heading into WD. Could the 1 dose of pregabs do that?

I've also had 10zop, 2mg xanax and 4 ambien and 800mg of tram in the last 6 weeks. I know I was getting waves of euphoria on the lyrica wondering if it scrambled my gaba receptors and they were trying to heal, head was tingly yesterday. Along with the zops etc it soon racks up I guess.

Don't think I'll touch lyrica again.

I'm switching my Sunday zop to phenergen, need to get off all gabaergic substances.

I've took pregabs for the third time on Saturday night 600mg, the last time was Nov 450mg and time before that was September, 450mg.

Monday night and yesterday were terrible, felt like I was heading into WD. Could the 1 dose of pregabs do that?

I've also had 10zop, 2mg xanax and 4 ambien and 800mg of tram in the last 6 weeks. I know I was getting waves of euphoria on the lyrica wondering if it scrambled my gaba receptors and they were trying to heal, head was tingly yesterday. Along with the zops etc it soon racks up I guess.

Don't think I'll touch lyrica again.

I'm switching my Sunday zop to phenergen, need to get off all gabaergic substances.

Withdrawals from 600mgs doubt it I just finished a pack of 15 300s in about 4-5 days

Aye, just wondering if it's what's sent me over the edge. Did benzo WD 5 months ago and I think they've crept up on me again.

You doing moggys with lyrica? Not a combo I've ever considered! Lol

Aye, just wondering if it's what's sent me over the edge. Did benzo WD 5 months ago and I think they've crept up on me again.

You doing moggys with lyrica? Not a combo I've ever considered! Lol

You mentioned you did some benzos recently. If you've been addicted before, then an effect known as kindling means that you will get rebound anxiety from any benzo use, and will become physically dependent MUCH more quickly, forever. It's most likely due to the benzos you took. One dose of pregabalin isn't going to cause withdrawals, if you've never been addicted to pregabalin you could take it daily for a week and probably wouldn't have any withdrawals. Pregabalin actually doesn't affect GABA, despite its name. It's a gabapentinoid, which, though similar to GABA in structure, actually act by being voltage-dependent calcium channel blockers, and not by affecting GABA receptors. This has a range of downstream effects, but it does not share a mechanism of action with stuff like benzos and alcohol.

In my mid 40’s now. I got the Asperger’s diagnosis about 10 years ago. I used alcohol as a mood stabilizer for 20 years before the pain pills took over that spot. I don’t even know what GBL is or how to get it. You say it helps with the Asperger’s- is this something that can be prescribed and used for the rest of your life?
Unfortunately it won't be available on prescription. It's only prescribed for Narcolepsy, as Xyrem....and even that is prescribed sparingly as Xyrem is very expensive. Googled it just and price is £22000 for a litre of xyrem (which to me seems to be exactly the same chemical as GBL)....and yet pure GBL bought for cleaning and whatever in Europe can be bought for £70 a litre. That's quite a markup. I think Xyrem may be cheaper in europe, but still....G is also used in Italy (and Austria, I think) for Alcohol withdrawal/craving reduction( as Alcover). It's very good at that. In a bad phase of my life I switched from a six month stretch of 750ml Vodka everyday, where I had trouble getting out of bed in the end, straight over to G, with no overlap and it was totally seamless with no problems whatsoever. The research studies into G for conditions such as Fibromyalgia and Alcohol you can count on the fingers of one hand, they all sing it's praises but all mention in their conclusions that it's banned in the states because of it's abuse potential. I guess most research has to be funded and if drug companies don't want to or realise it'd be futile, it won't happen.

I should think G would work better than your pain pills. G works on many more levels, would improve you socially, a mood enhancer.
Pain pills you get prescribed, G never will be. If you're in Europe G is quite easily obtained, but it's definitely illegal....and due to it being used in well publicised serial rape cases/murders, I guess it has to be that way. It's a shame it's not cheaper and prescribed for Alcohol withdrawal, maybe as an alternative ant-depressant.

Last edited:
all i know is at higher doses (600+) you can forget about an orgasm. you'll just be slinging around a water hose
I know this is an old comment but as someone that uses it often. This is not true. But it might be true for infrequent users. Fuck if I remember. Lyrica has DESTROYED my memory.

I have fallen asleep during sex on multiple occasions on gabaprntimoids

The only reason phenibut is considered a nootropic is because it lowers anxiety without side effects if used in the right dosage. It doesn't 'sharpen' you.
Let's be honest now. Phenibut is "considered a nootropic" because nootropic vendors sell it, that's about it. Shit, they sell tianeptine. Next will people be calling that awful stuff nootropic?

Just got my monthly refilled 😊 planning my day for tomorrow already around Pregabalin lol.
Going for a walk around some gardens (I don’t know lol). Lyrica just improves my mood and makes everything woozy.