• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nootropics The Big & Dandy Psychedelics and Nootropics Interaction Thread

Noopept has like a 9% bioavailability taken orally.

LoL, I have no idea how the hell I missed that fact... I guess the 9% worked for me or I have an exceptional power of placebo effect manufacturing :D

Thanks, next time definitely different RoA.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but if we're counting phenibut as a nootropic, I've had a really interesting experience combining it with around 13-15mg 4-AcO-DMT (intranasally). The visuals were reduced, but the ego-death was greatly increased. It wasn't full ego-death, like when you forget who you are or even that you're a human, but enough that I wouldn't trip socially. It was an intense trip and probably the most spiritual one I've ever had, I "saw" the afterlife and stuff like that. I was on about 2 grams of phenibut. I would absolutely do this combo again if I felt like experiencing something that profound again, but I wouldn't do it frequently or with pure recreation in mind. Normally, the same dose of 4-AcO-DMT would be an introspective but easily manageable dose that I can (although still don't prefer to) do socially, and very visual+colorful. I agree with Xorkoth that phenibut added a slightly manic but euphoric edge. Crazy good afterglow too, lasted for two or three days.

I've found that GABA agonists taken beforehand can actually lead to a deeper more visionary trip. Seemingly taking away the edge that would prevent you from going to those depths, leaving it wide open for the profound to come through.

I definitely think that's at least part of what happened, the anxiolytic effects allowed me to delve deeper than I'd normally feel comfortable with, at least in that situation. It was a great way to have a profound experience on a low dose.

My psychedelic potentiation combination is usually: about 300 to 500mg phenylpiracetam (I know its a big dose but I dont have side effects), about 200mg noopept (also big dose but 9% Bioavability and been taking it for 2 years with no side effect at all), 500-750mg centrophenoxine (regular dose), 500mg to 1g L-theanine which I feel help make the trip more ''manipulable'' but not less surprising and impulsive, and sometimes about 100mg L-DOPA when I dose low amounts of phenylpiracetam. I also take fish oil, B-complex, L-lysine, Magnesium, calcium and I usually skip my Dexedrine (which is 10mg/day so not a big deal).

This combination makes for a more visual and intellectual trip with alot of inspiring thoughts but less spiritual. But the trip seems almost twice as potent and half less psychologically disturbing with more stable emotions. I usually take it to make a trip more recreationnal or intellectual. When I want spiritual I usually don't use the potentiation combination and just take higher doses.

I'm back on aniracetam + CDP Choline for the first time since last year (for the record it had long term effects on my anxiety, almost eliminating it entirely), and I'm feeling pretty drunk off two ciders, which is very unusual for me.

I feel that aniracetam has potentiated the alcohol significantly - has anybody else noticed this?

Last edited:
I'm back on aniracetam + CDP Choline for the first time since last year (for the record it had long term effects on my anxiety, almost eliminating it entirely), and I'm feeling pretty drunk off two ciders, which is very unusual for me.

I feel that aniracetam has potentiated the alcohol significantly - has anybody else noticed this?
- I think it's mostly CDP-Choline that potentiates alcohol, at least in my experience. Although it is possible Aniracetam plays a role as well. As it states here https://academic.oup.com/cercor/art...tropic-Agents-Enhance-the-Recruitment-of-Fast Aniracetam increase GABAergic inhibition activity in rats brains.

I too take 800mg of Aniracetam and 500mg of CDP-Choline 4-5 times a week. Make sure you take some form of fat with your Aniracetam so it can cross BBB easily, I take flaxseed oil + fish oil caps. Aniracetam has a smooth soothing effect on me and definitely has positive effect on music appreciation.

Careful combining CDP-Choline with psychedelics - IMO dosage should be less than 300mg. Produced not very comfortable stimulation in doses above 500mg with most psychs tried.

Aniracetam combines nicely at dosages up to 500mg, if taken an hour or two before the trip, with most of stuff, more careful if stimulating psychedelic is being used.