• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

Thinking about ordering this instead of the fat bag of 4-EMC I'd planned on this week, still not sure. But like Dorky I've had the opportunity to get this one for a decade but I've always been hesitant due to early reports but these last ages have got me so interested. And obviously if I buy this it's going to be in my stash for years instead of months I'll probably have a lifetime supply of the stuff. Wanna try Vaping the HCL in light doses like I've been doing with my DMT. Pretty sure I'd be into it as I never came across a psychedelic I didn't see value in. Though I'd admittedly skipped things like 5-MeO-AMT back in the day and Bromo-Dragonfly.

But even though this stuff has me apprehensive I'd think I would Vape the stuff for sure after meditating for 5-10 mind like I do before DMT. I find that really helps to put me in the right place before the short acting psychedelics that catapult you into other realms. Feel like all my DMT use as of late has made me ready for DPT finally and I wanna scratch this of my list for sure at some point, they based a religion off the stuff and there has to be a pretty good reason for that.

DPT is pretty cool. It's super deep. I like how it's pretty short-acting, but can totally rock your world. It's a more challenging psychedelic and probably more for the experienced tripper than the newb. For some reason vaping it always felt super unnatural and creeped me out, so I stick to snorting it (which is smooth), but sounds like you're already used to vaping.
It's perhaps the most music-enhancing psychedelic I've tried.

For some reason vaping it always felt super unnatural and creeped me out, so I stick to snorting it (which is smooth)
Interesting... I have the HCL, snooting was always my plan as I don't want to waste my gram converting to freebase... but it sounds painful. Is it less painful than I think?

You can Vape the HCL or snort it from what I've read dont think I'd bother converting the stuff. And assume it will be much more stable as the HCL which would be another reason to leave it as is. Maybe I will try sniffing it first as all of you initiated do seem to favor it that way. The people who I've read using it for years seem to talk of doing lines bbn usually. Nice to have the options and I will probably give both a whirl as time goes by. And as for pain after sniffing the 2C-x I'm sure this isnt so bad in comparison. Super curious about this stuff, I'd start pretty low tho it sounds like some alien dimension sorta stuff you wanna ease into.

Interesting... I have the HCL, snooting was always my plan as I don't want to waste my gram converting to freebase... but it sounds painful. Is it less painful than I think?

Not sure if that was a typo, but I love that word snooting :LOL:

Yeah I don't find it bad at all, but I don't have a lot of experience snorting drugs to compare it to. I think I might have only snorted this, ketamine and 5-MeO-DMT. I find it less painful than 5-MeO-DMT, for reference. I do remember that I added a touch of ketamine to it when I snorted a large amount (60mg) and that might have made it more comfortable by dissociating me a little bit.

Converting to freebase is very simple using the baking soda method, and is recommended if you do try to vape it - I found it way smoother and less toxic-burny than HCl. Nonetheless I ended up sticking with "snooting" :)

DPT doesn't really burn per se, it definitely feels like an irritant, but the drip just keeps going and going for hours, it's absolutely disgusting imo.

Ibogaine has the added luxury of axtually working on opiate receptors too, so I get it's great for addiction cessation, but the real change still needs to come from the therapeutic side? Or is it actually rewiring regardless of realizations and desires? I still think it's scarier than DPT, lol.

It felt like it was rewiring my subconscious, when I did a flood dose. Of course I was really, really ready to be done with opiates, and afterwards I made a lot of changes to my daily life. But I came out of the experience with a strong drive to get in shape, eat well, and never touch opiates again, that was not there before, and it wasn't like I had some big realization, I had a bunch of abstract dreams that were representative of my bad patterns, but it seemed to be working on a dreaming sort of level.

I have a bit of this kicking around, the snorting sounds nasty. Thinking about doing a baking soda /crack type conversion I saw but little worried I will ruin it. Some people say smoking the salt works other people say its a waste. Almost thinking of trying it with MAOI, propyl-huasca though that has it's own issues

My friend & I are planning to take DPT in the next couple of days, what's a good plugged dose for a first time? He's more experienced than me with psychedelics but I've tripped more with him than anyone else and it will be at my house so I feel pretty comfortable about it. I've read a lot about it and I realize DPT is a pretty upper-echelon stuff in terms of intensity/uniqueness but the dissociative character has always appealed to me, perhaps in a misleading way just because I'm so comfortable with dissociatives. But I've been in a pretty good place mindset-wise the past couple weeks so it seems right.

I was thinking rectal admin. because there seems to be a preponderance of negative physiological effects with insufflation, perhaps that's because so many of the reports I've found seem to be dosing rather high. Anyways, the few rectal DPT reports I've found make it sound like a smoother ROA if less potent than insufflation.

Right now I'm thinking eating maybe 10mg of deschloroketamine to help with the body load, waiting 30 minutes in and then plugging maybe 20-30mg of the DPT. Perhaps I should lean towards the higher end of that range, or even perhaps a little higher? My friend may just want to snort his, which 30mg nasally seems like a pretty strong dose already from many of the reports I've read.

DPT doesn't really burn per se, it definitely feels like an irritant, but the drip just keeps going and going for hours, it's absolutely disgusting imo.

Ibogaine has the added luxury of axtually working on opiate receptors too, so I get it's great for addiction cessation, but the real change still needs to come from the therapeutic side? Or is it actually rewiring regardless of realizations and desires? I still think it's scarier than DPT, lol.
In my experience snorting DPT was like how I imagine snorting battery acid would feel....even in a saline solution the pain from insuflation was extreme.
Ymmv!!!

I didn't feel snorting DPT was worse than the 2c's.
The 2c-x series has a reputation for being legendary in terms pain when snorting so I agree ...its not worse than the 2c-x 's.
I'm astonished that some people can actually tolerate putting this stuff up their nose.
I would never even attempt to snort 2c-anything based on what I've read and i certainly will never ever attempt to snort DPT again.
What i find very strange though is that 4-ho-dpt fumarate is like snorting air...zero burn at all.
This makes me wonder if DPT fumarate would be significantly less painful than DPT hcl? I've only ever seen DPT in its hcl form and never the fumarate...I've always wondered why that is? Is it more difficult to freebase as the fumarate salt?

I need to check if my DPT is fumarate or HCl because I swear it's no big deal to snoot.
Please do check which type of DPT you have if it's no trouble... part of me suspects its possibly the hydrochloric acid part that's making it burn so bad when insufflating it...but now that I'm typing this I'm just realizing that MXE was made as the hcl salt if I'm not mistaken and that stuff has zero burn when snorting as well....maybe you have an iron nose!
I generally only will snort MXE or 4-ho-dpt and really only those two because it's a superior route of administration (especially for 4-ho-dpt) and it's not extremely uncomfortable to do so.
I should also point out that my partner also tried snorting DPT as the powder and in saline solution and her eyes were beat red and in tears for like 30mins...not the best way to start a psychedelic trip imho.

When I snorted DPT it was really bad. Thinking back 2Cs probably burn more but DPT has this annoying way to sticking around. With 2Cs the burn eventually eases off and doesn't bother me after 15 minutes. DPT on the other hand burns nearly as badly and lingers. It has an awful smell/taste and plugged up my nose until the next day. The next day I actually had mild nose bleeding which is very unusual for me. Granted during that time I was really abusing my sinuses so it might not be as bad for someone that isn't snorting drugs daily.

That said, it's bearable and I found more value with it through that ROA than I did vaping/smoking it. Mine was supposed to be the hcl but who knows if that's what I ended up with. The batch I got was an off-yellow color and smelled really bad. I'd compare it to what people say is an unclean extraction of DMT. So my product might not have been the same as what other people have gotten. I see a lot of reports with white DPT that is said not to be as hard on the sinuses.

If I get this one again I'd probably IM it just to avoid the sinus problems. I am terrified of needles so that should give you an idea of how opposed to snorting it again I am. People have said it has less body load when IMed. DPT's body load is really rough so anything to calm it down would be a positive. I think MGS put it best when it said it's like sucking on an electrical cord. I described it similarly; "it's like having lighting bolts thrown at you by God".

I still rank DPT as my strongest and most valuable drug experience. I think this one is a great candidate for further research. I feel like it would be good for addiction therapy. It certainly was for me.

DPT was one of the most important, and difficult, psychedelic experiences of my life.

It deconstructed me down to nothing, and emotionally wrecked me afterwards as a result. But that deconstruction lay the roots for a massive psychological shift. It took around two years to mostly recover, and I can still feel tendrils of it lurking about in my self, but I wouldn't give it back for anything.

I was as "spiritually attuned" as I'd ever felt, finally ready to try DPT, but instead of bringing me to higher, more expansive states, it just destroyed everything I thought about myself and the world. It broke everything into the tiniest of pieces, and left me emotionally dead for months, wounded for longer.

I'm sure, I know, it doesn't do the same for everybody. But damn, it can get you.

Also, as painful as insufflation was, rectal administration didn't seem to do shit for me.

DPT was one of the most important, and difficult, psychedelic experiences of my life.

It deconstructed me down to nothing, and emotionally wrecked me afterwards as a result. But that deconstruction lay the roots for a massive psychological shift. It took around two years to mostly recover, and I can still feel tendrils of it lurking about in my self, but I wouldn't give it back for anything.

I was as "spiritually attuned" as I'd ever felt, finally ready to try DPT, but instead of bringing me to higher, more expansive states, it just destroyed everything I thought about myself and the world. It broke everything into the tiniest of pieces, and left me emotionally dead for months, wounded for longer.

I'm sure, I know, it doesn't do the same for everybody. But damn, it can get you.

Also, as painful as insufflation was, rectal administration didn't seem to do shit for me.
Rectal administration of both dpt and 4-ho-dpt wsy not successful for me at all but I'm not very experienced with that ROA and only used it for MXE (which is the best ROA for that chemical by far) . But its possible that my bowels were not empty or whatever because I would assume if nasal administration works so should rectal. However, I think ketamine dies not work very well rectally for some reason even though nasal works great for it.
For myself, I found that oral administering of DPT worked perfectly but there was definitely nausea at the very end of the trip.

I'll contribute my notes for research purposes. I snorted (snooted?) my way through a few grams of DPT HCL after I stopped drinking after a 10 year long relapse.

I think the HCL is what screws up your nose. I can confirm the taste is terrible. I ended up rinsing my sinuses with tap water 10 minutes or so after snorting to deal with it. That doesn't completely solve the drip problem, and clogging, which I can confirm was a real thing every time I used it.

The reason I wanted to try DPT was reports about 'the light'. +/- 150mg could get me pretty close to the full body electrical feeling mentioned by someone else above. I will note that DPT had a very noticeable body load for me in that it feels kind of pleasurable, not euphoric, but body oriented at any dosage. 150mg also gives you a 'there's no way out now' psychedelic immersion feeling where you mentally pull down the safety bar and keep your hands and feet inside the car until the ride ends and the car comes to a complete stop. It could produce heavy fractals and other times dreamlike hallucination sequences. It was never sinister or scary or nightmarish for me, other trip reports about DPT being scary caused more anxiety than the DPT itself. The downside was that I think I had maybe 1 1/2 to 2 trips that were like this. Sorry to say most trips were not like that, and other than the cool body load, pretty uneventful, dissociative, and not really worth it tbh.

What was your dosage if you remember?