• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

I’ve had 500mg of this for many years now. Too afraid to touch it after reading so many scary reports. But I’m well experienced with powerful psychs, including 2 very profound and successful toad ceremonies. I’m seeing some people say this is a gem and others say it’s a terror. I think I have hcl. How to go about having an experience with this? Is it something you can enjoy at low dose to get a feel for or is it more all or nothing, like toad/5-meo is for me?

I’ve had 500mg of this for many years now. Too afraid to touch it after reading so many scary reports. But I’m well experienced with powerful psychs, including 2 very profound and successful toad ceremonies. I’m seeing some people say this is a gem and others say it’s a terror. I think I have hcl. How to go about having an experience with this? Is it something you can enjoy at low dose to get a feel for or is it more all or nothing, like toad/5-meo is for me?
I believe you can definitely enjoy it at a lower dose, although I haven't tried myself (only 1 trip at 100mg which was extremely enjoyable), that's my impression at least.
Dosage wise, I read somewhere that you could compare it to the same amount of say 4-AcO-DMT.

There won't be any terror with getting your feet wet, that's for sure :)

How to go about having an experience with this? Is it something you can enjoy at low dose to get a feel for or is it more all or nothing, like toad/5-meo is for me?
I plugged 11mg while on a bunch of MXiPr and it was quite immersive at that dose, I was basically out of commission for an hour, and when I came to I plugged some 2C-C which ended up being more way more psychedelic than usual, which I kind of attributed to the DPT, although the MXiPr probably contributed as well.

I'd like to take some again soon actually (I'm thinking 20-25mg) and combine it with a much smaller dose of a dissociative than last time, but given DPT's reputation I think I'll have a trip sitter. All that is to say that I like building up camaraderie with any substance, and lower doses are a great way to do that.

What’s the benefit of combining with a disso? I have K and dmxe on hand. K does usually add a nice anxiolytic component for me but besides enjoying dissociatives is there a special synergy with dpt and a disso? @Buzz Lightbeer you took it without any combo? What ROA?

What’s the benefit of combining with a disso? I have K and dmxe on hand. K does usually add a nice anxiolytic component for me but besides enjoying dissociatives is there a special synergy with dpt and a disso? @Buzz Lightbeer you took it without any combo? What ROA?
I insufflated it, no combo, it doesn't burn much at all (HCl salt), slight discomfort. IM is supposed to be the much superior ROA though. Smoking a small amount might help you get a feel for it as well.
I'm actually of the maybe slightly controversial opinion that adding dissos comes at a cost, though I would like to think that some ketamine can help you let go of the physical aspect at higher doses, possibly bringing it into even more epic territory. I just think it's good practice to get to know DPT first before adding stuff, but all reports indicate that there is real synergy.

All that said, DPT is truly badass and whatever you end up doing, it will be memorable :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure i.m. is all that great, it takes maybe 15-30 minutes to reach the peak. It's not fun losing your sanity over that long of a period. I would try i.v. but it dissolves to an oily substance and those aren't recommended for i.v..

I tried it once with ketamine, it was a catastrophe. The durations/onset didn't match at all (my fault). There was no positive combination of effects, the ketamine wore off before the DPT peaked with the residual dissociation and its side effects. Potentially dangerous too, as I puked while passed out.

My issue with dpt is that there seems to be such a small margain between to low and to high of a dose.

All my lowish trials has been underwhelming but interesting.
Mostly get typical tryptamine visuals and body load etc.

But there seems to be no middle ground here, no +++ so to speak.
For me at least its gone from "nothing special, ill take some more"
To "holyshit, not again" both times ive done more then one or two small bumps.

The only real nice exp ive had with dpt was combined with ket at festival.
(Low dose)

Well I just recently got a new sample of DPT from a friend of mine, 120mgs to be exact. Trying to figure out the best way to use it and get two experiences if possible. Planning on using it Intranasal which I have done once in the middle of a multi day psychedelic binge, I'd done 100mgs and it felt great but I didn't do the drug justice. This time I'm planning on snooting 80mgs on it's own without any psychedelic tolerance whatsoever I'm talking not doing anything for a month. Will that be enuff for a full on heavy duty trip?

Then I was gonna try taking the remaining 40mgs intranasal while simultaneously dropping 15mgs of 4-AcO-DMT orally at the same time. By doing this I'm hoping to drag out the DPT trip for hours and have it change into the Psilacetin headspace. I'm hoping for both of these to be rewarding spiritual experiences. What are your thoughts on these plans my friends?

Well I just recently got a new sample of DPT from a friend of mine, 120mgs to be exact. Trying to figure out the best way to use it and get two experiences if possible. Planning on using it Intranasal which I have done once in the middle of a multi day psychedelic binge, I'd done 100mgs and it felt great but I didn't do the drug justice. This time I'm planning on snooting 80mgs on it's own without any psychedelic tolerance whatsoever I'm talking not doing anything for a month. Will that be enuff for a full on heavy duty trip?

Then I was gonna try taking the remaining 40mgs intranasal while simultaneously dropping 15mgs of 4-AcO-DMT orally at the same time. By doing this I'm hoping to drag out the DPT trip for hours and have it change into the Psilacetin headspace. I'm hoping for both of these to be rewarding spiritual experiences. What are your thoughts on these plans my friends?
Sounds good to me man. When I've had dpt in the past, I'm pretty sure I did 100mg nasal doses. Always worked quite well for me.

80mg of DPT intranasal should be a pretty good trip. I usually like it in the 75-90mg range but have tripped on as little as 50mg intranasal.

40mg is enough to trip too, but it will obviously be a milder effect. It should combo really well with the psilacetin. I would snort that too if it were me.

How do you feel about it being communion? I mean do you believe DPT is the body and blood of the Lord like The temple of true inner light?

Catholics believe that if you consume the eucharist without confession Christ's body will pay the penalty of your sins directly causing you to have sinned against the body of the Lord by causing his body to take your punishment directly. Does this happen if you consume DPT without first making an examination of your conscience and confessing your sins?

I don't think most people who do DPT really think about the implications of consuming the Temple's communion, but I know that I have and that I did so willingly and without guidance or permission from the temple.

The church I attend invites all baptized believers to participate in communion, not just members of a certain denomination. I hope the Temple feels the same way.

Perhaps the DPT must be blessed first or something. Like Catholics don't believe all wine is the eucharist, only the wine transformed during mass becomes the blood of Christ.

So perhaps DPT obtained away from the temple isn't necessarily considered communion until some form of mass is said over it?

I wonder what the Temple's stand on that is. I might ask them. I've emailed with them before.

I know that taking communion with them does not make you a member like it does in some Christian churches. According to their website only those who sell all their worldly possessions and work full time for the Temple are considered fully members.

I once did DPT for 24 hours straight. That's a longtime to be under the influence of a different church than I really belong to's communion. It's also a longtime to think about being one with the body of Christ.

It's something to consider. I mean you will be consuming something that some people believe to be the body of Christ.

Just knowing that has some kind of effect on how I feel about using DPT.

I was a junior parishioner in the Church of Neuroscience which proclaimed the molecular sacrament. Basically they taught that the research chemicals they sold were a form of communion, however I don't believe that it was Christian in any way or that they claimed any drugs were the body of Christ the way the temple does. They sold chemicals by the gram at church of neuroscience. The Temple does not sell drugs.

Are you just tripping on DPT or are you communing with the body of Christ? It's really something to think about when your tripping on DPT. Especially if you do some reading first about the eucharist and what the catholic church believes/teaches about the eucharist.

As someone who identifies as a Christian I want to be in communion with Christ. Unfortunately there are beliefs expressed in the Temple's literature that I find questionable and contrary to my own beliefs otherwise I would gladly join them! It's attractive to me as someone that identifies as Christian AND loves psychedelics.

I tripped at my church once! I took 25i-NBOH on my birthday in 2013 and then went to church with my wife and stepson. It was beautiful.

Anyway, @Cosmic Charlie I hope you will think about communion when you trip. Really I hope everyone who does DPT at least considers that they are consuming a church's communion. That's pretty heavy actually when you get into eucharistic beliefs and teachings.

Sorry about this wall of text.

TL;DR-DPT is considered the literal body of Christ by some people and you are taking communion with them by knowingly consuming it.

"As often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes. Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord. A person should examine himself, and so eat the bread and drink the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself." 1 Cor 11:24-29

Of course I haven't really gotten a chance to delve into what the core beliefs of the temple actually are yet myself. I'm trying to learn from them directly what it is that they believe.

I just got invited to their discord server.

Very interesting...

I think anyone doing DPT should at least read some of the temple's literature. You are going to be consuming their eucharist.

Here's their official website
From my perspective, you're consuming their eucharist only if you consume as their eucharist. It's not by default the Temple of Inner Light's eucharist any more than smoking weed is necessarily partaking in a holy Rastafarian sacrament, or drinking wine is automatically a Catholic sacrament. What I mean is that DPT isn't holy out of the box, to me it looks like it's neutral DPT and it needs to be wrapped in the culture/religion to become the eucharist. There is some magic in that process, sanctification. They may have something different to say about it, but that's how it looks to me as an outsider.

I respect and appreciate you bringing this religious context to the discussion!

Wow, I really had no clue what these temple people believed until they started telling me. Their website doesn't tell the half of it.

I've had a very informative night on their discord server.

Religion is so weird sometimes.

Care to share?
I will for what little I know. I had a friend visit the Church in the early 80's and he said they gave him DPT and then got preached in his face. He said he would never do that again. And it may be different today than 40 years ago. But that is all I got. I am sure wisdom can be plucked from some of the teachings like any other spiritual congregation.

Psychedelics are sacraments open to anyone and any beliefs. I respect the church but it is just another religion with wisdom as well as nonsense.

Has anyone IM'd DPT and insufflated it for a comparison? Is IM worth it? I don't mind insufflating it, it is an HCL so I feel like I offend my sinuses but it is not really bad. And 15 minutes after insufflating I am rocketed. But for sure looking into IM.

Of course I haven't really gotten a chance to delve into what the core beliefs of the temple actually are yet myself. I'm trying to learn from them directly what it is that they believe.

I just got invited to their discord server.

Very interesting...
Mind PMing me an invite??

thanks for sharing, I'm about to put an order in for some of this and you're report feels encouraging. I'm thinking of trying it orally with in MAOI at some point. I once experienced the exorcism of an octopus from somewhere deep inside on ayahuasca