• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Haha, it sure will. Keep you up that is. 500ug will make you trip a little bit, 250ug will probably not but will give your day a sparkle. Either one will keep you awake for a long time. Actually every time I make the 13 hour drive to visit my family, I take a microdose of DOC because it keeps me laser-focused and entirely free of getting fatigued/drowsy. And then it keeps me up half the night too even if I take it at 5am. But I have a hard time sleeping and am sensitive to things keeping me awake, and have absurd durations for psychedelics these days for some reason.

Note that I don't recommend taking DOC in any amount for driving. I do it because it demonstrably makes for a safer drive, for me, due to lack of driving fatigue. I would not do so for a shorter drive.

thanks. maybe 250mcg would be better for a long day where i need to focus.

edit:
went with espresso instead.

Last edited:
After quite some searching I found two vendors selling DOC powder. I have only taken DOC oral once at 2mg which was very underwhelming. Combined at T+3 with 160mg 6-APB which increased the intensitiy a little but still so so. The come up took way to long, that's why i'm thinking of buying the powdered form and making an nasal spray.
Saw DOC on this list
Could anyone explain what this list exactly means? I know there's probably coming a ban for the dutchies, but Etizolam will not be banned. This list seems to mention etizolam for example. How does this work?

If you have only had DOC on blotters, you may have had underdosed blotters, so take that into account when you dose it. Also it should about twice as potent nasally. I'd start with 1mg nasally or 2mg oral if you do get it, to make sure you're not just a hardhead.

If you have only had DOC on blotters, you may have had underdosed blotters, so take that into account when you dose it. Also it should about twice as potent nasally. I'd start with 1mg nasally or 2mg oral if you do get it, to make sure you're not just a hardhead.
It was a microdot, not a blotter. I'd probably make the nasal spray about 300-500ug/spray and just keep on redosing after the first dose has established. Which should be pretty fast, shouldn't it?

I think it would begin pretty fast, I would expect it would still take maybe up to 2 hours to peak though. Orally the peak fully hits around 4 hours in.

So the rare time has come when I have multiple days off work/responsibilities, with the house to myself. Would DOC be a fun chemical for a solo trip during these strange times? Would the stimulation and duration be too much and how functional is 2mg?

I enjoy stimulants as tools for productivity/creativity, can DOC be harnessed like speed to make artwork etc? How bad is the vascoconstriction compared to Amphetamine base or other phenethylamines? I have extensive experience of 2c drugs but not of any DOX compound.

I am very comfortable tripping alone and have a slight tolerance, from a lot of mushrooms combined MDMA last week.

DOC is very functional at 2mg, also quite strong and visual. DOC is an enabling sort of trip in general. In my opinion though you want to have something to do, physically, during the first stage. Although making art might suffice, I often want to be moving around, at first. And by at first, I mean like the first 8 hours lol. DOC is very long. The vasoconstriction is noticeable and greater than a reasonable dose of amphetamine, but I don't find it bothersome until 3mg or more, then it becomes slightly uncomfortable. L-arginine helps if you preload with it.

DOC is one of my favorite substances, and it's really good for artistic expression.

NO. Making artwork at home does not suffice, in any way, with DOC. That was my plan the first time I used it and I ended up forcing myself to drive to a park, I was so uncomfortable.

It depends. I found 1.5mg to be fine indoors, but while surprisingly strong, it wasn't a full or rich experience compared to 2mg. In one occasion, 2mg gave me several hours of restless stimulation, where I had to be engaged in an activity or I felt fairly lost and uncomfortable. On another occasion, the same dose produced no restless stimulation for me, but a friend that dosed 2.5 had several hours of pacing and restless stimulation in a big house. I wouldn't describe it as a functional space, just "very functional relative to how hard I'm tripping."

DOC has always been Class A drug here along with all other DOx compounds. I only done DOM which do you think is better?

Most people seem to rate DOC as a top tier psychedelic. Reports on DOB and DOM are more mixed imo. DOI doesn't have many fans. Preliminary results on DOiP, DOET, and DOF don't make them seem like home runs. DOPr sounds phenomenal, but very few people have evaluated it.

Haha, it sure will. Keep you up that is. 500ug will make you trip a little bit, 250ug will probably not but will give your day a sparkle. Either one will keep you awake for a long time. Actually every time I make the 13 hour drive to visit my family, I take a microdose of DOC because it keeps me laser-focused and entirely free of getting fatigued/drowsy. And then it keeps me up half the night too even if I take it at 5am. But I have a hard time sleeping and am sensitive to things keeping me awake, and have absurd durations for psychedelics these days for some reason.

Note that I don't recommend taking DOC in any amount for driving. I do it because it demonstrably makes for a safer drive, for me, due to lack of driving fatigue. I would not do so for a shorter drive.

I can also attest DOC is very good for this purpose and as a sort of general stimulant at these doses (less so at 500 ug vs 250 ug). I've used this to combat fatigue due to a number of circumstances the past few years. I use a solution that is 250 ug/0.1 mL and I've experimented a lot with these two doses in particular. With 500 ug, things for me get borderline psychedelic as well vs a amphetamine psychostimulant type feel at 250 ug which can be quite nice for a low key day or combining with other substances.

Reactions: SKL
Huh, that's interesting. DOC gives me headspace way before it gives me stimulation. I tried threshold dosing it twice and it was a horrible functional stimulant for me. 10mg of MAL, on the other hand, worked well as a peppy 10hr cup of coffee alternative. I haven't revisited it for that purpose, because I hate hammering my 5-HT2a receptors unless I have to. I don't need any more psychedelic tolerance

NO. Making artwork at home does not suffice, in any way, with DOC. That was my plan the first time I used it and I ended up forcing myself to drive to a park, I was so uncomfortable.

I find the artwork and creative sides are better after an expenditure of energy. With DOC I will hike for hours and then about 8 hours in I'm ready to draw. I find DOC great for photography since I'm up and moving but still exercising some creative decisions

Huh, that's interesting. DOC gives me headspace way before it gives me stimulation. I tried threshold dosing it twice and it was a horrible functional stimulant for me. 10mg of MAL, on the other hand, worked well as a peppy 10hr cup of coffee alternative. I haven't revisited it for that purpose, because I hate hammering my 5-HT2a receptors unless I have to. I don't need any more psychedelic tolerance

I mean functional is one thing, but as you know can be highly subjective and the duration of mild stimulation/energy in my case was the desired effect I was after most times.

Interesting about MAL. Reminds me that this is one I need to try, especially with all this quarantine time!

I hear ya on the tolerance as well, but I grew fond of using lysergamides for this purpose at one point which is what lead me to trying DOC and I think I prefer it over the lysergamides I've tried (1P-LSD, ETH-LAD) for stimulating microdose/threshold effects looking back. I wasn't really taking full doses much when I was doing this sort of thing more regularly, so it didn't matter as much in my case. I can't comment on tolerance to psychedelic effects unfortunately, but imagine I would've definitely noticed some especially if I didn't switch which class I was threshold/microdosing with vs blasting off with.

DOC is very water soluble, yes. I have never heard of anyone IVing it, my guess would be it still would build over hours. It might be dangerous to IV, so if you do, proceed with extreme caution and please report back.

I think plugging or nasal would be sufficient. The come-up isn't unpleasant at all, anyway.

It's very BA orally too, I have only ever taken it orally. But plugging and nasally should be similar I would think. I'm not 100% sure.

IV DOx, I wonder how that is, never read of anyone attempting it. I also like the long come up in general, and it's only like 2 hours and then you're well into it most likely.

Most people seem to rate DOC as a top tier psychedelic. Reports on DOB and DOM are more mixed imo. DOI doesn't have many fans. Preliminary results on DOiP, DOET, and DOF don't make them seem like home runs. DOPr sounds phenomenal, but very few people have evaluated it.
DOB is amazing, very psychedelic and a very full in its effects. DOI is different, less deep and the mental intensity of DOB seems replaced by crazy visuals. I think it's very much possible to have a meaningful and deep experience on it but it certainly feels more shallow. I have read of people really liking it though, certainly worth trying if you like psychedelic amphetamines.

How visual is DOC for you guys actually? My first trip on it was extremely visual, but it never was afterwards (almost distinctively unvisual), even in higher dosages. That trip must've been so good that I broke something.

At 3mg, it is always very visual for me. At 2mg, sometimes it's fairly visual and sometimes it's just light morphing/crawling and really bright colors.