View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plans of mice and men oft go awry. So the hike part didn't quite work out, but my 1.5 mg experiment went without hiccups. I achieved a low plus one level. Eye dilation was extreme in the three hours but returned to normal within the fifth hour. I ingested at one and was asleep by midnight. My next trial will be at three mgs. No timetable as When that'll be though. Overall, shows some promise, but a clearer opinion will be drawn from following trials.

Ive been diping my toes into doc for about 2 years now.

Ive tried it form 0,5mg up to 5mg and all in between, its a very versatile drug that can be used for anything from a mild stimulant to a full power psychedelic experience.

By itself in high doses it rivals lsd imo not only in quality but in the cleaness of the trip.

But my absolute favorite way to use doc is to start with a medium dose of 2-3mg then build on that with other psychs.

I had a really lovely time last friday with 2mg doc followed by T+2h 2g very weak liberty caps, then T+3H 25mg 2cb which also was a tad on the weak side.

But then i got my hands on 200mcg lsd T+5H which sealed the deal and made my night and day after very colorful, i think i had visuals over 30hours after ingesting the doc.

DOC is definitely one of the best entheogens on the planet. I can't stress enough how wonderful experiences I have had with this terrific compound since 2007 when I tasted it first time (3mg).

However, about a month ago I took potentially dangerously high dose (4mg insufflated + 5mg orally). Everything was sparkling with glorious energy and I was able to talk very personal issues with my brother. Insightful, pure merging with my environment, almost completely lost my twisted ego. I also took over 200 cartridges of nitrous oxide. Those simply blew my mind to the completely different level. I'm extremely reluctant to use the term plus ++++ but DOC and nitrous oxide were just perfect combination, catalyst to the semi-nirvana.

Simply outstanding stuff. Slightly too long lasting but benzos are excellent option if you have difficulties to relax your body and mind in the final hours.

i agree that the safety margain of doc is the only downside, 5mg felt ok but any higher would probabbly been rough on the old heart or sumthin.

Surprisingly the burn was relatively mild. 4mg is such a tiny pile of powder.

Insufflation brought strong effects within 30min that manifested into decent plateau after the 45min mark.

In my experience oral administration takes almost 3 hours to reach full plateau.

Those who consider insufflation should be extremely cautious because dose increases roughly three fold compared to oral administration.

So I'm basically looking at a 10 hour trip you'd say? Seems perfect =D

How long do insufflated doses usually last? I've tried this orally a number of times and it's fantastic, but +2/+3 level doses last just a bit too long and take a lot out of me. I do like taking low doses around 0.5mg, taken first thing in the morning they add a nice sparkle to the day without getting too overwhelming.

If you take just 2mg-3mg insufflated you should be pretty much baseline after 10 hours point. However residual stimulation probably still keeps you awake a long time if you don't have any benzodiazepines on hand.

Orally consumed DOC usually lasts about 20 hours and insomnia may affect your exhausted body close to the 30 hour point or even longer.

anyone have experience with different iosmers of DOC? in particular the R isomer?
should the trip be in any way different?

the R-Isomer should be more potent, otherwise probably qualitatively the same

from PiHKAL:

Again, as with every other psychedelic amphetamine analogue which has a chiral center and has been explored as the individual optical isomers, it is the "R" isomer that is the more potent. And again, the other isomer, the "S" isomer, still shows some activity. The same was true with DOB, and DOM, and MDA. The only exception was MDMA, but then that is more of a stimulant, and there is virtually no psychedelic component to its action. Rat studies, where there is a measure of the discrimination of a test compound from saline, have shown the "R" isomer to have about twice the potency of the "S" isomer. That the "R" is more potent is certain, but the above reports would suggest that the factor would be closer to times-four rather than times-two.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal067.shtml

I never imagined a phen can have such a twisted and trippy feeling... Doing a 4mg tab (first timer with DOC) at the party I've been to this weekend in combination with some beta-ketones and pot resulted in an incredible shift in perception, severe sense of mind fuck and extreme amount of pleasure. :) Overall I'm very happy with this experience though I left the party feeling a bit unquenched as I couldn't dance even for a minute due to how this compound fucks my motor functions and orientation - dancing was nigh impossible and even if I managed it for a short time it would give me absolutely no pleasure or satisfaction. Felt very very good sitting the whole peak out, relaxing with friends though.

Very pleasant euphoria boost from moderate doses of pentedrone (up to 60 mg) but overall not a combo I would recommend as it was bit hardcore on my heart. Glad I was warned not to do big doses.

Effects lasted for about 16 hours with last hours being quite subtle but still non-placebo. No problem going to sleep with the end of trip, slept well for as long as 18 hours with a single break. Overall I'd say it's a very powerful compound and very special phenetylamine.

^4mgs seems kind of high for someone's first time but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself=). I've been sitting on a small 50mg stash of this for a few months now and I think I'm about ready to give it a go. I'm going to the beach soon and was thinking about taking 2mgs for a day on the boardwalk/swimming. I'd like to find a dose where I can experience the body buzz and mabey some slight visuals without appearing intoxicated. Would 2mgs fit my criteria?

Also, I was wondering if it would be safe to take a bit of mxe during the later stages of the trip? I asked about this in the mxe combo thread and never received a response.

Last edited:
2-3mg should be perfect for you oh rox....

About the mxe i think you will be fine but make sure to start low like 15mg tops and wait at least 1hour before doing more,i did K with a high dose doc and it got pretty serious after a few lines to say the least.

Make sure you have some benzos on hand since i think sleeping will be tough on that combo.

^Thanks for the response, I will definitely have some etizolam on deck. The way people describe the "bodyload/buzz" makes me think some light swimming would be quite enjoyable

@Oh ROXIanne- from what I've heard 2 mg might be well enough to experience a nice body high and intellectual shift but for some people will be just not enough to get high enough ie. u'll only get annoyed with a less-than-trippy feeling, so maybe try about 2.5-2.75 mg just to be sure it hits u with proper force. ;)

My 4 mg dose was done with full consciousness that it will hit hard and I knew it's more than enough for a first time experience but wanted to check this substance in an all out way and was not disappointed. Somehow with DOx I feel like it's better to just dose high instead of doing small bumps to feel a little something and it seemed to work for me fine that time. It's extremely pleasant in a typical phenetylamine way so there's no real risk of having a bad trip and u can experience its bit dark, psychedelic mood without looking back at the decision. That's how it worked for me at least.

Going to do a small 0.75-1 mg dose tomorrow morning though, just to check its properties as a groovy mood enhancement that will stay on me all day. 8)

always start low for your first time with any new chem, just in case you respond more strongly than other people. we're all relatively young i'm sure, and have plenty of time to push the dose a bit higher once we know its safe to.

Sure I know this rule and mostly abide by it. This time was just different and I did it upon my own responsibility, knowing what might and might not happen. Don't find 4 mg to be a super hardcore first timer dose but I know it was quite high.

@Oh ROXIanne- from what I've heard 2 mg might be well enough to experience a nice body high and intellectual shift but for some people will be just not enough to get high enough ie. u'll only get annoyed with a less-than-trippy feeling, so maybe try about 2.5-2.75 mg just to be sure it hits u with proper force. ;)

I would very much like to have a full blown experience but we will be on the beach and boardwalk all day and for some odd reason my fiancé gets very angry when I trip in public. I will probably stick with 2mgs for my first time and then try 3-4mgs in a couple weeks to avoid any potential tolerance.

Stupid question: Will DOC cause cross tolerance to tryptamines?

I would very much like to have a full blown experience but we will be on the beach and boardwalk all day and for some odd reason my fiancé gets very angry when I trip in public. I will probably stick with 2mgs for my first time and then try 3-4mgs in a couple weeks to avoid any potential tolerance.

Stupid question: Will DOC cause cross tolerance to tryptamines?

Yes, of course it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.